PDA

View Full Version : TBN: Mark Gaughn article

trapezeus
10-08-2009, 08:50 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/821079.html

"The Buffalo Bills' players gave coach Dick Jauron a cheerful "Happy Birthday" serenade on the middle of the practice field at the end of Wednesday's workout"

This makes me think that the team is just brainwashed. Like Jauron is Chairman Mao and everyone is forced to sing to the great leader. They are impervious to the outside world. And in this world, I imagine TO as the dissenter who walks around being like, "are you serious?" but then scared to buck the establishment so he just shuts up and goes along.

If I was ralph, i would meddle witht he lockerroom. If I was intent on letting jauron play the season to save some cash, I would wander down and say, "look guys, i keep hearing that Jauron is a good guy and a great coach. I bet your right. So if we lose this next week, there are going to be a lotof pink slips handed out. If he's such a great coach, then it's you who are the problem." Perhaps that'll give them a little incentive to stop saying the same thing and either take accountabliity or step up and be like, "woah, owner wilson, i was just saying the right thing with Jauron. In truth he leads us to disaster every damn week. help us."

Jan Reimers
10-08-2009, 08:53 AM

"The Buffalo Bills' players gave coach Dick Jauron a cheerful "Happy Birthday" serenade on the middle of the practice field at the end of Wednesday's workout"

This makes me think that the team is just brainwashed. Like Jauron is Chairman Mao and everyone is forced to sing to the great leader. They are impervious to the outside world. And in this world, I imagine TO as the dissenter who walks around being like, "are you serious?" but then scared to buck the establishment so he just shuts up and goes along.

If I was ralph, i would meddle witht he lockerroom. If I was intent on letting jauron play the season to save some cash, I would wander down and say, "look guys, i keep hearing that Jauron is a good guy and a great coach. I bet your right. So if we lose this next week, there are going to be a lotof pink slips handed out. If he's such a great coach, then it's you who are the problem." Perhaps that'll give them a little incentive to stop saying the same thing and either take accountabliity or step up and be like, "woah, owner wilson, i was just saying the right thing with Jauron. In truth he leads us to disaster every damn week. help us."
Reminds me more of school kids chanting and singing praises to the great Obama.

yordad
10-08-2009, 09:05 AM
He is like Hitler. :(

trapezeus
10-08-2009, 09:06 AM
i was trying to keep it bipartisan for the sake of being in the billszone, jan.

Jan Reimers
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
i was trying to keep it bipartisan for the sake of being in the billszone, jan.
Sorry, trap, just couldn't resist.:brace:

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2009, 09:40 AM
...because if we were all in the Bills practice as players, and someone tried to sing happy birthday to the coach, we would all revolt and curse at Jauron for being such a ******!

trapezeus
10-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I know Jan. I know. I threw out a lob ball. Sometimes their hard to resist.

i'm kidding around pinkdog. as i've said a bunch of times, Jauron is the nicest man i've ever disliked. i get that he is someone you want to root for if you know him, hence the player reaction.

but if you have to judge him based on his historical performance, you have to be an idiot to root for him. and it's hard to believe that the players can't seperate that they actually woefully unprepared week in week out. Where other teams actually know how to gameplan prepare specific things like the storm t he field field goal with little time remaining. He has a no huddle offense that wastes 10 seconds in a 2 minute drill. He allows for that to happen in back to back weeks.

if the players are as competitive as they always say they are, they wouldn't stand for such unpreparedness. and jauron's teams seem to foster that.

as an outsider, its just hard

The Juice Is Loose
10-08-2009, 10:04 AM

dude, no player is going to throw jauron under the bus.

TO threw mcnabb under the bus...rightfully so. mcnabb cost them the super bowl.

you say one critical thing and it effects the rest of your career.

hate to break it to you but the only people who care about what players say during press conferences and interviews are reporters and fans.

players don't care. they just spout the company line of bs. maximize their pay. retire at 32.

justasportsfan
10-08-2009, 10:10 AM
here's a few reasons why they love Jauron

Rb runs for 30 yds. vs. our D
Dick" Hey Kawika, you sure made him run away from you like a little girl, Good job. You showed em' who's boss"

Trent goes 3 and out
Dick" Hey Parrish, thank Trent because he just gave you a chance to pad your return nos. Good job Trent, you're an awsome teamate"

Our DE misses a sack " hey lbers, thank them for padding your stats."

Dick: "man I love my team. They are so tight ,they help each other"

Dujek
10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Jauron's like Losman, and I'm starting to believe Edwards is similar, nice guys who you hope would do well, but that in the end you'll be glad to see the back of.

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2009, 11:26 AM
jauron is just a players coach, and thats it. if we could have him just to manage player relationships and morale, and have a real head coach, we'd be golden!