PDA

View Full Version : We should trade T.O.

Beastie Bills
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM
I really like T.O., but I hate to see him rotting on our terrible team. We're obviously not going anywhere this season (we would have to go 9-3 the rest of the season to even have a chance at the playoffs - not gonna happen). We should just try to trade him now for a conditional 3rd round pick, that could escalate to a 2nd. When Dick is fired, our new coaching staff could use that extra pick to rebuild.

I've been thinking about possible trade partners, and this is what I've come up with.

Here are the teams that could use a WR, but are not going anywhere this year, so it wouldn't make sense for them to trade for TO for the remainder of the season:

Detroit
St. Louis
Tampa
Carolina
Cleveland
Oakland
KC
Jacksonville

I think you can forget about any of those teams. Now, here are the teams who need WR's, and may consider trading for a WR for one year:

Chicago - May actually be ok with their current WR's, and there are low on draft picks as it is.
Dallas - They're not trading for a guy they cut a few months ago.
Baltimore - Already traded for him once, and he refused to play there. Probably burned that bridge.
San Fran - Could a reunion be possible?
Miami - We're not trading him within the division.
Tennessee - I guess it's possible. He did go to college in Tennessee.
Indy - With Gonzalez out for a while and a great QB, they may consider it.

So I think we can throw out Dallas, Baltimore and Miami. Probably Chicago too. That leaves San Fran, Tennessee and Indy. I don't know why, but I could see San Diego doing it also.

So these are our four possible trade partners:

Indy
Tennessee
San Fran
San Diego

Thurmal
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
I'd prefer that, for a change, we get rid of some of our crappy players rather than our good ones.

Beastie Bills
10-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I'd prefer that, for a change, we get rid of some of our crappy players rather than our good ones.

My thinking is that we are obviously not making the playoffs this year, and T.O. is gone at the end of the season anyway. So what's the point of keeping him, if we could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him?

That would just be the start. After the season is over, and Dick is gone, I would hope that our new coach would seriously clean house, and get rid of a lot of these scrubs.

yordad
10-08-2009, 09:53 AM
My thinking is that we are obviously not making the playoffs this year, and T.O. is gone at the end of the season anyway. So what's the point of keeping him, if we could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him?

That would just be the start. After the season is over, and Dick is gone, I would hope that our new coach would seriously clean house, and get rid of a lot of these scrubs.He was free agent drawing very little interest only a few months ago. Little has changed to up his stock. Teams don't usually trade for over baggaged, over the hill WRs, on over priced one year deals.

But other then that, great idea. :up:

The Juice Is Loose
10-08-2009, 09:59 AM
your telling me a team in need of a receiver wouldn't be like "hey its only a 1 year deal and the bills already paid 25% of it?

we probably paid more cuz some of it was bonus. they'd get TO for 12 games at probably 3 mil total.

why wouldn't they do it? if they are pushing for a championship, it makes sense.

indy makes the most sense IMO. he would keep his mouth shut and peyton doesn't give wr's much to complain about.

Beastie Bills
10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
He was free agent drawing very little interest only a few months ago. Little has changed to up his stock. Teams don't usually trade for over baggaged, over the hill WRs, on over priced one year deals.

But other then that, great idea. :up:

I think there was little interest because teams thought we would tear up whatever team he went to. I think he's shown that that is not the case. He's on a terrible offense, and his QB is refusing to throw him the ball, and he hasn't blown up yet. I think that may help his cause.

Now, we need to throw the ball his way a lot this week, and make sure he has a big game, so teams don't think he's all washed up.

madness
10-08-2009, 10:08 AM
I don't want to trade away T.O. I want to trade for a starting tackle.

Beastie Bills
10-08-2009, 10:16 AM
I don't want to trade away T.O. I want to trade for a starting tackle.

Not gonna happen. Good linemen are a rare commodity. Teams do not trade starting OLinemen away if they are still any good (unless that team is the Buffalo Bills).

trapezeus
10-08-2009, 11:06 AM
problem is that teams who are doing well on that list aren't going to risk it with a historically volatile player. Won't those teams just say, "we are doing well thus far. Let's not tinker with a good thing." that's my thought with the indy thought.

They also historically have built from within. Their division also isn't pushing them to have to win. it's a pretty easy division thus far.

And as for trading him to a loser, i can't see them thinking that TO is going to be the difference. So i think we are stuck with him and he's stuck with us.

chernobylwraiths
10-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Minnesota would be a perfect fit IMO. They are looking short term anyway with Favre. Why not put all their eggs in todays basket?

yordad
10-08-2009, 11:36 AM
your telling me a team in need of a receiver wouldn't be like "hey its only a 1 year deal and the bills already paid 25% of it?

we probably paid more cuz some of it was bonus. they'd get TO for 12 games at probably 3 mil total.

why wouldn't they do it? if they are pushing for a championship, it makes sense.

indy makes the most sense IMO. he would keep his mouth shut and peyton doesn't give wr's much to complain about.You are wrong.

TheBrownBear
10-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I think we'd be looking at a 6th rounder, maybe 5th at best.

Beastie Bills
10-08-2009, 03:19 PM
I think we'd be looking at a 6th rounder, maybe 5th at best.

Nah...I bet we could get a 3rd.

The Raiders got a 4th for Moss, and they're the freaking Raiders. Any normal team would have gotten much more than that.

Mr. Pink
10-08-2009, 03:21 PM
I bet he has zero trade value.

He obviously had near zero interest in the FA market.

He hasn't performed this year, even with minimal looks, he's looked bad when the ball has been thrown his way.

And, you still have all the character issues.

Mudflap1
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Indy has Wayne, Clark, and young receivers that are producing. They also are 4-0.

San Francisco is 3-1 and just signed Crabtree, a major diva in of himself.

San Diego already has a great passing game.

Tennessee's problems are on defense, not on offense. Their running game is very good, and Collins is actually statistically performing above last year's levels.

T.O. has no trade value right now.

Akhippo
10-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Who thought B Edwards had any trade value. It only takes one. I think S.D. would be a perfect fit. They really only have Jackson and Gates. Throw in T.O. and they get stronger. They are a little down but def. have a shot at the playoffs.

T.O. for Merriman and change. Merrimans gone after this season and isnt making any friends. Sounds good.

Kenny
10-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Trade T.O? to who?
The only reason he came to Buffalo was because no one else wanted him.

ddaryl
10-09-2009, 08:20 AM
nobody wanted TO in the offseason, but now they'll trade for him...

SABURZFAN
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
i'm sure The Old Fart is thinking of a way to dump his contract. save money and get draft picks. then they can piss them away for a QB who they think is Favre-like.

Throne Logic
10-09-2009, 11:51 PM
No one wanted him in the off-season.

So far this year, his most noticed stat on ESPN / NFLN is his dropped balls.

Who, exactly, is going to want him?

SABURZFAN
10-10-2009, 08:05 AM
No one wanted him in the off-season.

So far this year, his most noticed stat on ESPN / NFLN is his dropped balls.

Who, exactly, is going to want him?

The Las Vegas Locos. :chug: