PDA

View Full Version : We screwed the pooch...AGAIN

The Juice Is Loose
10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Allright. I wasn't high on Orakpo but I certainly didnt want Maybin's 230lb ass...

So of course we took Maybin. We've all seen that once a linemen gets their hands on him he's defenseless. He's a tiny little pussy of a d-end and this train is headin' straight to Bustville!

Orakpo - 10tkls, 2 sacks, 1 pass defense

Maybin - 2tkles. 0 everything else. I wish there was a stat for how many feet away from the QB you are on average during a play, because Maybins would be a lot!

Total waste of a first. Like I said when this loser was holding out, we should have let him walk.

At least then we'd have cap space for the bust we choose next year.

HHURRICANE
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Yep but didn't I post this thread a week ago??

The Juice Is Loose
10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
you probably did. we can post them for another 10 years cuz its never gonna change.

justasportsfan
lol. The two bi-polar patients

Pinkerton Security
can we just merge these threads together?

hydro
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Yep but didn't I post this thread a week ago??

And it is still off base and ******ed. It has been 4 ****ing weeks people. Give the kid at least a season or two of full time play.

The King
10-08-2009, 01:21 PM
didnt Orakpo get drafted before Maybin?

Dr. Pepper
10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
when we get a new coach he'll slip back to LB and be a force.... count on it.

Dr. Pepper
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
didnt Orakpo get drafted before Maybin?

no

ddaryl
10-08-2009, 01:26 PM
we drafted a sophmore... Orakpo was a senior, and he has fully filled out his body. Maybin has 2 years of serious strength training to fill out his body

we decided a project was what we needed.... which was my reaosning for not drafting him at #11... but he is a Bills now so we have to hope his developement proceeds as we want

The Juice Is Loose
10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
THE ONLY chance to get anything whatsoever out of Gaybin is to switch to a 34.

which we aren't going to do.

so yeah. dip**** move.

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2009, 01:32 PM
THE ONLY chance to get anything whatsoever out of Gaybin is to switch to a 34.

which we aren't going to do.

so yeah. dip**** move.

this isnt true whatsoever, so please explain why you think he has zero chance of becoming a pass-rusher at DE.

justasportsfan
10-08-2009, 01:33 PM
this isnt true whatsoever, so please explain why you think he has zero chance of becoming a pass-rusher at DE.
because it's been 4 games and he has no sacks. We've gone to quitting on a player in their rookie year to 4 games. Where have you been?

Dr. Pepper
10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
because it's been 4 games and he has no sacks. We've gone to quitting on a player in their rookie year to 4 games. Where have you been?

next year we'll give up on them when they don't smile on the way to the podium after being drafted. :coocoo:

yordad
10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Maybin wasn't what I had in mind, but it is a little early to say Maybin will suck for another 10 years.

Syderick
10-08-2009, 01:44 PM
lol. The two bi-polar patients

They're best friends

Demon
10-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Most defensive ends struggle in their rookie seasons. Just because Maybin is struggling doesn't mean anything. Tyson Jackson is also playing bad with Kansas City. From 2008, Chris Long isn't living up to his potential yet and he's in his 2nd year. Derrick Harvey (Jags, 8th pick) also is having a tough time in the nfl. Seahawks first round pick from 08 Lawerence Jackson is also playing pretty bad. From 07, Gaines Adams is a stud. But Adam Carriker is still struggling going into his 3rd season. Broncos Jarvis Moss has 3.5 sacks and he's in his 3rd season. From 06, Mario Williams had only 47 tackles and 4.5 sacks his rookie year. Will it be more then Maybin? Probably.... but Williams was 1st overall.

Most of these will be ok in the NFL. As will Maybin. Defensive ends tend to struggle as they get used to playing against faster and stronger opponents.

As for Orpoko, chances why he's "out playing" Maybin, if thats what you want to call it, as he's only got 13 tackles and 2 sacks, it's mainly because their defensive line is much better then ours and requires much more attention then ours does, thus Maybin when he plays, sees much more blocking towards him then Orpoko.

His coaches also put him on the field for much more plays then our coaches do with Maybin. Doesn't mean he's a better player.

I don't care for rookie stats. Compare these two after 6 years and see who's better. I guarantee you Maybin is.

psubills62
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Maybin certainly wasn't my first choice, mainly because he was a project, and still is somewhat.

I believe the general rule is to give a draft prospect 3 years before deciding if he's a bust or not. Has it been 3 years yet? Quit with the stupid threads already.

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Maybin certainly wasn't my first choice, mainly because he was a project, and still is somewhat.

I believe the general rule is to give a draft prospect 3 years before deciding if he's a bust or not. Has it been 3 years yet? Quit with the stupid threads already.

look out! theres another!