PDA

View Full Version : Browns demonstrate the value of trading

Syderick
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Jerry Sullivan compares the Bills and Browns:

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/821071.html

casdhf
10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Trading is ok, but the Browns seem to usually be getting raped.

Mr. Pink
10-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Good article.

Very articulate with well thought out points.

In order to get better you sometimes do have to hit rock bottom.

Obviously in the case of the Browns and Bills for that matter, just trying to tinker a bit with the roster year after year isn't working.

Blow it all up and start from scratch, basically.

psubills62
10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Um, that sounds a lot like a guy the Bills traded last year. Has Sullivan ever heard of Jason Peters?

Come on, Sullivan commends the Browns for trading Edwards for crappy picks and players, but the Bills get a first rounder plus a couple of lower picks and he forgets about it a year later?

Demon
10-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Um, that sounds a lot like a guy the Bills traded last year. Has Sullivan ever heard of Jason Peters?

Come on, Sullivan commends the Browns for trading Edwards for crappy picks and players, but the Bills get a first rounder plus a couple of lower picks and he forgets about it a year later?

Yeah, i thought the article sucked. They didn't trade Edwards because they are putting down the hammer, they traded Edwards because he messed with the "king". Fans and corporate companies are in uproar in Cleveland because if LeBrun made a bigger deal out of this, the story would never go away and companies and fans would side with LeBrun. Let's be serious.

And they are not better off then the Bills. We atleast have several players to build on. Browns? No WR's to get super excited about. Robert Royal at TE. Joe Thomas is having a poor season. Many experts think Brady Quinn is on the path to become a bust. They have a first year coach so you gotta think worst case he'll remain for another year, maybe two. And their defense is slow and old. Besides Wimbley, there is nobody of note on that defense.

Not saying the Bills are the greatest team since sliced bread, but, we are def better then the Browns. Right now and we're better build for the future.

Mike
10-08-2009, 11:42 PM
If I were the Bills, I would Begin Stock Pilling PIcs NOW... Trade Everyone worth Value and Start all Over! Then Bring in a GOOD GM with a proven track record, a good coach, and let them use and develop those pics and if they choose well, and coach well we will be a contender in 3yrs. Think of the 1990 Cowboys, from 1-15 to Superbowl in 2 seasons.
Here is who I would trade:
Lynch3, Evens2, TO3, Edwards, Stroud3, Schobel2, Kelsey5, McGee2, Parish6, Reed4, Jackson2, POz3, Mitchel5, Whitner3
So then we will have:
1 round: 1
2nd round:5
3rd round:6
4th round:2
5th round:2
6th round:2
I think there is a maximum # pics a team can have all together. We can then trade some of our 2nds for 1sts next year and so on... 12pics in 1st 3 rounds would be amazing if we had a good GM and scouting dept. Think about it!

The Juice Is Loose
10-08-2009, 11:55 PM
lynch is my favorite player that would piss me off.

i'm super pissed at the bills but i still hate jerry sullivan. his points are lame. he looks like a doofus. i can't take him seriously.