PDA

View Full Version : Sadly enough, Trents off to the best start of his career

Mitchell55
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
5 TDs and 5 INTs. The most TDs hes had in a season is 11, hes going to probably get around 15-16, and hes already almost at 1000 yds where last year he only had 2699 yds. I

Mitchell55
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
5 TDs and 5 INTs. The most TDs hes had in a season is 11, hes going to probably get around 15-16, and hes already almost at 1000 yds where last year he only had 2699 yds. I dont realy think it matters but its sadly interesting.

cocamide
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Wouldn't it be more sad if he was off to the worst start of his career? I'm not following your logic.

Syderick
10-08-2009, 06:05 PM
He's just saying that, even after being captain checkdown and how he's playing. Trent's having a career year with stats.

BillsWin
10-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Trent through four games last season: 930 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT, 66.2% completion, sacked 11 times, 2 fumbles both lost: 4-0 record

Trent's final stats for last season: 2,699 yards 11 TD, 10 INT, sacked 23 times,

Trent through four games this season: 790 yards, 5 TD, 5 INT, 59.8% completion, sacked 16 times, 1 fumble: 1-3 record

Trent's projected stats for this season: 3160 yards, 20 TD, 20 INT, sacked 76 times, 59.8% completion, 4 fumbles with a 4-12 projected record. (All based on 16 games.)

I fail to see how he is having a career year. Sure he has tossed one more TD through the first four games then he did through the first four games last season. Sure, he is on pass for a few hundred more yards, but he is sucking completion wise, taking more sacks and throwing more picks. Who knows? Maybe he turns this season around?

PECKERWOOD
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
He isn't a finisher, he never has been and never will be.

I started off as one of Trent's biggest critics, but eventually fellow Bills fans persuaded me to get back on the bandwagon, so I've been supporting Trent. One of my biggest critiques of Trent before I got on the bandwagon was his injury history, which is arguably still a major issue. To be honest? I would bet all my ZBs right now that he gets injured sometime this season.. Trent Edwards is not a finisher.

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Yards and TDs dont tell the whole story. He started off pretty hot but has played poorly the last 2 weeks, in fact last week seemed to be one of his worst games ever.

Typ0
10-08-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm not happy with the way he's played but also think we have to give him a little bit of a chance. I hate all this captain checkdown crap and can't finish. He's thrown the long ball quite well he just doesn't do it enough. He led several very good 4th quarter wins last season I believe. He's struggling right now no question but so did every other qb that ever played the game. There seems to be a honeymoon period for good qbs and then a period of difficulty. The question is do they come out of it. Bills fans are too what have you done for me lately and lately is last week. You might as well get comfortable TE may be back next year with DJ.

Pinkerton Security
10-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not happy with the way he's played but also think we have to give him a little bit of a chance. I hate all this captain checkdown crap and can't finish. He's thrown the long ball quite well he just doesn't do it enough. He led several very good 4th quarter wins last season I believe. He's struggling right now no question but so did every other qb that ever played the game. There seems to be a honeymoon period for good qbs and then a period of difficulty. The question is do they come out of it. Bills fans are too what have you done for me lately and lately is last week. You might as well get comfortable TE may be back next year with DJ.

My biggest gripe is yes, he has been fairly successful at hitting the deep throws, and checks down a lot..

but he seems to NEVER hit a receiver 15 to 20 yards downfield. EVER. IDK if its our routes or Trent, but I'm pretty sure its not the routes.

Typ0
10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
My biggest gripe is yes, he has been fairly successful at hitting the deep throws, and checks down a lot..

but he seems to NEVER hit a receiver 15 to 20 yards downfield. EVER. IDK if its our routes or Trent, but I'm pretty sure its not the routes.

I think the only guys open in that area are TEs. We get the ball to receivers quick but we haven't even been doing that well lately and that is where the constant check downs are coming in. I have no question that the structure of the offense has to change.

Griff
10-08-2009, 08:59 PM
He isn't a finisher, he never has been and never will be.

I started off as one of Trent's biggest critics, but eventually fellow Bills fans persuaded me to get back on the bandwagon, so I've been supporting Trent. One of my biggest critiques of Trent before I got on the bandwagon was his injury history, which is arguably still a major issue. To be honest? I would bet all my ZBs right now that he gets injured sometime this season.. Trent Edwards is not a finisher.

I like how you ignored all the 4th quarter comebacks he had last year.

Trent might be a finisher, DJ is not.

yordad
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
How is 790 "almost 1000"?

trapezeus
10-08-2009, 10:19 PM
he didn't play 7 games last year, right? so if you are assuming he plays a full 16 games, he should crush last year's performance while continuing to play poorly

patmoran2006
10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
5 TDs and 5 INTs. The most TDs hes had in a season is 11, hes going to probably get around 15-16, and hes already almost at 1000 yds where last year he only had 2699 yds. I dont realy think it matters but its sadly interesting.

Edwards had 4 TD and 2 INT after four games last year. Where do you get your logic from?

justasportsfan
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
wow, other than the checkdown part . you called people idiots for saying the same thing about the other qb

jamze132
10-09-2009, 02:07 AM
I like how you ignored all the 4th quarter comebacks he had last year.

Trent might be a finisher, DJ is not.
About the only time I ever hear you chime in is when you are trying to make a snide comment about someones opinion.

I think the other guy was referring to "not finishing" was due to the fact that Trent has been hurt every season thus far. I don't think he was talking about 4th qtr comebacks. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

yordad
10-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Not to mention one game doesn't make someone a finisher.

Jan Reimers
10-09-2009, 06:40 AM
He has set his bar very low.

mybills
10-09-2009, 07:46 AM
5 TDs and 5 INTs.
You know what that is? It's 50/50. You know what 50/50 is? A gamble.
I'd rather have a sure bet.

Pinkerton Security
10-09-2009, 07:50 AM
wow, other than the checkdown part . you called people idiots for saying the same thing about the other qb

uh...are you trying to defend JP??

Mahdi
10-09-2009, 07:52 AM
5 TDs and 5 INTs. The most TDs hes had in a season is 11, hes going to probably get around 15-16, and hes already almost at 1000 yds where last year he only had 2699 yds. I
15-16 in your third year is sad. Especially considering he has 2 WRs who should get 12 TDs a year each easy.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2009, 08:53 AM

I like this post!!