PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed article & WR thoughts

standingbuffalo43
05-27-2003, 06:59 PM
here is a link to a great article about the progress of J. Reed... the projections for the season are for FF purposes, but dont be confused... the so-called experts are all about numbers... they saw JRs LSU ###s, they see the scheme he's in, they see the #1WR he lines up opposite from and they see his work ethic... and they see big things for JR...
so do I...

http://www.fanball.com/article.cfm/ID.1391

heres the money quote:

..."Still, it’s great to hear a tale of humility, honor, and hard work from a professional athlete these days. Reed, who has a brother and cousin that just served in the Persian Gulf, is from good stock, and his fantasy stock is on the rise..."

I still favor bringing in another WR after 6/1 (A. Freeman?), but I am very comfortable knowing JR is another gem...

baalworship
05-28-2003, 07:33 AM
75 Catches, 1100 yards 7 Td's was his unbiased fantasy football prediction. Sounds about right. I'd like to post this on Finheaven. Poor tuna. They're banking that Josh Reed sucks. News Flash: He's gonna be GGGGGGGreat!

Dozerdog
05-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Hey there StandingBuffalo43! Long time no see! Glad to have you back.

Reed's gonna be the next Reed (Andre) in my opinion. He was the top WR in a WR's conference in college (SEC)

This guy is going to be around for a long time. I'm hoping he gets 800-900 yds and in the neighborhood of half a dozen TDs, and hopefully the Bills won't need to duplicate Price's numbers of last season as they attempt to put more balance in the offense.

venis2k1
05-28-2003, 07:40 AM
If JR goes over 1000 yards people in buffalo will be saying Peerless who?

WG
05-28-2003, 09:20 AM
IMO if JR goes much over 1,000 yards, it won't be a good sign simply b/c we'll have relied on our passing game too much again more than likely. If Reed puts up 1,100, you can bet that Moulds will have 1,400 or more. That's 2,500. We can count on another 1,500 from all the other players combined. That's 4,000 yards again.

If that happens, either we'll be an offensive juggernaut which leads the league in both passing and rushing, or we won't be running the ball enough.

I see JR having 8-900 yards. I can see the TDs though. And having said that, I don't think that that reduced yardage total would mean that JR isn't as good as Price. I think it would mean that we've effectively changed our offense to make the focal point the running game.

If Drew has 4,000 yards, it'll likely mean near 600 attempts again. If we are to make the playoffs and advance in them, We'll need to take that figure down to around the 450-500 (max) mark. That will mean only around 3,500 yards+/-.

If Reed has 1,100 and Moulds has 1,400, that leaves only 1,000 for the rest of the team. That won't happen.

Here's how I see a shakedown if we are to improve on O, reduce those ridiculous passing INTs/Errors, avoid sacks, and win more games:

Moulds: 90 for 1,350 and 12 TDs
Reed: 70 for 900 and 7 TDs
Moore: 40 for 360 and 4 TDs
Henry: 40 for 350 and 1 TD
Other FBs: 35 for 300 and 1 TD
3rd WR: 25 for 300 and 1 TD

Total for Drew: 300 of 500 for 3,560 yards, 26 TDs, 14 INTs

IF we rely on our running game more. Drew's errors will decrease although his propensity for making them won't. That's why we need to do what we can through coaching/scheming in the offensive department. We need to tailor the system around Drew to do whatever can be done to mitigate as much pressure on him as possible. Running Henry as our primary offensive weapon instead of throwing the ball would be the right thing to do. If Henry keeps fumbling, then we'll have to address that issue at that time. But putting up a boatload of INTs in games instead of risking that Henry fumbles is to "admit defeat."

BTW, under that scenario, I can see Henry having 1,800 yards and 16 rushing TDs.

WG
05-28-2003, 09:25 AM
We need to get our TE involved more as well. Also, we should probably even spread the ball around more than that, but last year essentially only 6 players were involved in the passing game; Moulds, Price, Reed, JR, Henry and Centers. Moore was next but only had 16/141/2 w/ no other player having over 50 yards or 4 catches.

So I think it's safe to assume that that won't change much. Centers is gone as is JR. The other TEs and FBs were brought in to block, not be offensive players from a production perspective.