PDA

View Full Version : This is the help that Jauron has been getting!

HHURRICANE
10-09-2009, 09:27 AM
2009 - Buffalo Bills

1 Aaron Maybin
1 Eric Wood
2 Jarious Byrd
2 Andy Levitre
4 Shawn Nelson
5 Nic Harris
6 Cary Harris
7 Ellis Lankster

2008 - Buffalo Bills

1 Leodis McKelvin
2 James Hardy
3 Chris Ellis
4 Reggie Corner
4 Derek Fine
5 Alvin Bowen
6 Xavier Omon
7 Demetrius Bell
7 Steve Johnson
7 Kennard Cox

2007 - Buffalo Bills

1 Marshawn Lynch
2 Paul Posluszny
3 Trent Edwards
4 Dwayne Wright
6 John Wendling
7 Derek Schouman
7 C.J. Ah You

2006 - Buffalo Bills

1 Donte Whitner
1 John McCargo
3 Ashton Youboty
4 Ko Simpson
5 Kyle Williams
5 Brad Butler
6 Keith Ellison
7 Terrance Pennington
7 Aaron Merz

2005 - Buffalo Bills

2 Roscoe Parrish
3 Kevin Everett
4 Duke Preston
5 Eric King
6 Justin Geisinger
7 Lionel Gates

The Juice Is Loose
10-09-2009, 09:33 AM
i suppose your point is that he has no talent.

i don't buy it. he has as much say as anybody as to who we pick and why.

the head coach wants a guy i doubt they go a totally different direction. you can't tell me he's not the one who wants all the defensive backs.

jauron is just as much to blame. i blame the scouts and all that too, but jauron has say over that and could've changed it if he wanted to.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Comments:

Maybin - non-existant
Wood - playing well
Jarius Byrd - not so hot
Levitre - rookie player
Nelson - hurt
Harris - not seeing the field
Cary Harris -cut
Lankster - ouch

McKelvin - done for the year
Hardy - not on the field
Ellis - a joke so far
Corner - playing well
Fine - another slow sucky TE
Omon - 3rd down back
Bell - could be good
Johnson - not good enough to play

Whitner - starter I guess
McCrago- can't even get on the field
yobouty - missing his mother
Williams - good player
Butler - done for the year
Ellsion - sshouldn't be a starter

Parrish - trying desperately to get rid of him

bigbub2352
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Drafting and mismangement of the roster has plagued the Bills since Modrak and Guy, TOm D and Marv and now Russ have led the war room
THink about it we got nothing from 2005 those are the players suppossed to be in there prime right now
2006- was a huge mismangement of taking players whitner and mccargo over ngata and mangold when we had needs on both Dline and Oline

those moves hurt us for yrs to come
also throw in ROn Guys job of free agents started in another thread and we got what we see ever sunday a bunch of cheap free agents and guys who shouldnt have been drafted by us playing in schemes they dont fit in
chalk it all up as a long learning experiance on how not to build a playoff contending team
what a joke

justasportsfan
10-09-2009, 09:45 AM
bring in a coach who knows what he's doing and you will see we have talent.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
5 years of drafting and who on that roster is a game changer?

TacklingDummy
10-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Go back another 5 years, those drafts sucked also.

It's easy to see why the Bills continue to blow.

Bring in a real GM.

madness
10-09-2009, 10:22 AM
The talent on this roster is nowhere close to playoff talent. I said in the beginning of the season this may be the most talent Jauron had on both sides of the ball in his career and we've seen how paper thin that has been with all the injuries.

Even though he finally has a little more pull to build the roster this past season or two, I'm afraid it's a little too late. The defense in Chicago that dominated after he left was his defense and it would have been nice to see something similar in Buffalo.

Either way, the new coaching staff will inherit a nice young core group of players.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2009, 10:27 AM
The talent on this roster is nowhere close to playoff talent. I said in the beginning of the season this may be the most talent Jauron had on both sides of the ball in his career and we've seen how paper thin that has been with all the injuries.

Even though he finally has a little more pull to build the roster this past season or two, I'm afraid it's a little too late. The defense in Chicago that dominated after he left was his defense and it would have been nice to see something similar in Buffalo.

Either way, the new coaching staff will inherit a nice young core group of players.

What young core is he inheriting because I don't see it based on the drafts I just looked at?

Wood looks like about it.

HHURRICANE
10-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Based on contribution for this coming Sunday the 2008 draft looks pretty useless.

trapezeus
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
this is similiar to another debate we had on QBs. I think the drafting sucks and is a major hinderance for the coach to succeed. but i also believe the coach is bad enough that it doesn't matter who you had on this team.

Jauron couldn't coach an all star NFL team versus a powderpuff team. He truly is a bad in game decision maker. He got these teams to 7-9 despite himself, not because of himself.

justasportsfan
10-09-2009, 10:37 AM
you can have an all star cast but it won't mean anything when you have a horrible gameplan.

The bills got beaten but Hostetler and the giants. You can even say the same thing with bills vs. redskins. We were outcoached.

trapezeus
10-09-2009, 10:44 AM
it is pretty stunning though that 2005 has 0 full time help. that has to be a very unique situation.

the bills drafts would be ok, if we already had bonafide players in those positions and needed them for depth. Like Kyle williams is a good player....but he's not a starter. He's mike lodish. Lodish was great because there were a handful of better players infront of him. he made the drop off less killer. Butler was looking good this yera, but again, if we had dominant tackles and used him as a back up, that'd be great. the team needs to find some stars in key positions in the draft. and we aren't doing that at all.

justasportsfan
10-09-2009, 10:51 AM
the team needs to find some stars in key positions in the draft. and we aren't doing that at all.

So you expect college players to play like stars from the start?

HHURRICANE
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Jauron couldn't coach an all star NFL team versus a powderpuff team. He truly is a bad in game decision maker. He got these teams to 7-9 despite himself, not because of himself.

I would make the case that another coach might have had 4-6 winning seasons here. For the games Jauron has blown I've seen games that he won us as well. The denver game on the road, which was a must win for Denver comes to mind.

I'm not saying that we don't need a coaching change but the problem isn't just, coach, or QB. It starts at the top.

You draft crappy, you get rid of starting LTs, Winfield, Pat Williams, and Fletcher are all playing at high levels. The FO should be fired first.

Hey Dick we just replace Peters Dockery, Preston, Butler and Walker

with Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Scott. Go get them Tiger!!!!!!!!!

trapezeus
10-09-2009, 10:56 AM
no, its just our "good drafts" are the ones where we have backups playing good roles. our bad drafts are rick james bad. Their awful.

the team, this year more than ever, needs to get the best players off the board. They shouldn't look at positions and say, "this is what we need to get better." We need to get better everywhere.

This team isn't awful, but if we could pull in a bonafide star on defense in the DL or LB, that'd make a huge difference for this team. Anywhere on the OL with a top talent will make a difference. A wr who is gritty and can get open on any pattern is needed. A QB with the brains and brawn ( but like we already argued about, they aren't going to make a difference immediately and would be falling into the same trap that JP and TE have fallen in).

justasportsfan
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
no, its just our "good drafts" are the ones where we have backups playing good roles. our bad drafts are rick james bad. Their awful.

the team, this year more than ever, needs to get the best players off the board. They shouldn't look at positions and say, "this is what we need to get better." We need to get better everywhere.

This team isn't awful, but if we could pull in a bonafide star on defense in the DL or LB, that'd make a huge difference for this team. Anywhere on the OL with a top talent will make a difference. A wr who is gritty and can get open on any pattern is needed. A QB with the brains and brawn ( but like we already argued about, they aren't going to make a difference immediately and would be falling into the same trap that JP and TE have fallen in).

we could've drafted Ngata and our coached would've made him look like an idiot. How can you say we haven't drafted anyone good in particualr when you yourself question the coach?

I'm not saying we have tons of talent but could it be we have do have the talent but have idiots telling them what to do?

Let's not look at the draft for a second. We have proven players in Lee and TO and yet we can't do anything what other coaches have been able to do.

You can't just judge the talent we have without them having a proven coach calling the shots. Have you been watching Jim Leonard play? Are you telling me he's all talent?

EDS
10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
So you expect college players to play like stars from the start?

Some do. I think the point though is that the Bills organization has not unearthed any bonafide star/impact players via the draft, which are needed to take the team to the next level. A few stars coupled with some decent players would go a long way.

justasportsfan
10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Some do. I think the point though is that the Bills organization has not unearthed any bonafide star/impact players via the draft, which are needed to take the team to the next level. A few stars coupled with some decent players would go a long way.

Most college players need time to develop and the proper coach to develop them. Eli didn't become a star right out of the draft neither did Brees. But proper coaching got them where they are today. Like I said, there are exceptions like Adrian Pederson. He would be a waste under Dick too though.

T-Long
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
I actually think the draft from 2007 on have been pretty good for us

billsburgh
10-09-2009, 11:31 AM
is HH sticking up for Jauron and defending him?

BertSquirtgum
10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
the bills suck, in all aspects.

Nighthawk
10-09-2009, 12:19 PM

So you're saying that the HC has no say in who is picked or signed in FA...really??? Really???

trapezeus
10-09-2009, 12:19 PM
we could've drafted Ngata and our coached would've made him look like an idiot. How can you say we haven't drafted anyone good in particualr when you yourself question the coach?

I'm not saying we have tons of talent but could it be we have do have the talent but have idiots telling them what to do?

Let's not look at the draft for a second. We have proven players in Lee and TO and yet we can't do anything what other coaches have been able to do.

You can't just judge the talent we have without them having a proven coach calling the shots. Have you been watching Jim Leonard play? Are you telling me he's all talent?

right. i don't trust their evaluations of any players. they let leonard go, they refuse to play fredjackson and keep A train. they don't know what they are doing. but we do have backups as our starters at QB, TE (until this year schouman wasn't much and even now, he was just getting capable. nelson might be someone), OT (chambers, scott) DE (other than schobel), LB (ellison?) SS.

These are kind of key positions and we have back ups as starters and their backups are practice squaders on any other league.

This team (talent wise) could go to the playoffs in the right man's hands, but they still wouldn't be much in the playoffs. you fix the player talent, and then fix the coaching, and we have a real shot at being a superbowl winner.

I knkow we keep talking about playoffs because we don't get there, but let's be honest, that'll be one season of happiness. we want the full package to be put together and the FO and the coaches and the players currently won't get it done. and to make a minor switch at coach or some players will still keep us way behind.

The change needs to start with better drafting, put those better players in a capable coaches hands, and then let a few playmakers make plays and lead by example.

justasportsfan
10-09-2009, 12:27 PM
right. i don't trust their evaluations of any players. they let leonard go, they refuse to play fredjackson and keep A train. they don't know what they are doing. but we do have backups as our starters at QB, TE (until this year schouman wasn't much and even now, he was just getting capable. nelson might be someone), OT (chambers, scott) DE (other than schobel), LB (ellison?) SS. .
Jackson was coming into his own.

This team (talent wise) could go to the playoffs in the right man's hands, but they still wouldn't be much in the playoffs. you fix the player talent, and then fix the coaching, and we have a real shot at being a superbowl winner.
I knkow we keep talking about playoffs because we don't get there, but let's be honest, that'll be one season of happiness. we want the full package to be put together and the FO and the coaches and the players currently won't get it done. and to make a minor switch at coach or some players will still keep us way behind.

The change needs to start with better drafting, put those better players in a capable coaches hands, and then let a few playmakers make plays and lead by example.

first we're talentless and now we could have playoff talent. Make up your mind.

Well if we don't have talent then we must get rid of Trent too. Wait you want to keep him.

trapezeus
10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
they have the talent in the right man's hands. AKA a legendary coach who can work miracles. They are a 7-9 team for a reason. they've lost some heartbreakers, they've lost some games they shouldn't have. perhaps a great coach could squeak out 10-6 and put them in the playoff. but the talent when matched up to top talent NFL teams wouldn't be able to break that glass ceiling. they'd perpetually be a wildcard round team.

so if you want to be a contender, you have to increase the talentlevel. Is that spelled out enough for you?

as for trent...you can either address the trenches and set them up to be able to weather an injury storm (which seems to be inevitable these days.) or you can try to get a new starter for each position but leave yourself open to injury risk. I'd rather solidify the lines on both side of the ball so that our already talented runners can run more no matter what injury comes up and that a solid DL and LB crew can stop allowing 400yards of offensive running in 2 weeks.

If that means that next year needs to roll on trent as we pass on a thin QB class and no real QB free agents. fine. Keep him in a position to manage a game. Then the following year, you go after the QB, the wideouts, and possibly another SS.

but to each their own. if you want to try and address each position immediately and still be in bad shape when injuries roll around, fine. IF you think, Edwards/Fitz are essentially the same QB, keep them and make a team a team that can win with poor qbing, imagine what happens when a good QB rolls in.

How can you argue the flacco, sanchez experiments. they came in with teams that had gelled lines and had some depth. wouldn't you want to put a rookie behind a solid core than have them killed yet again and then be timid or innaccurate?

GreedoII
10-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Well does Jauron have any friggin say on who gets drafted? If he does ,which I sure is the case ,then he's part of the problem too.

raphael120
10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
2009 - Buffalo Bills

1 Aaron Maybin
1 Eric Wood
2 Jarious Byrd
2 Andy Levitre
4 Shawn Nelson
5 Nic Harris
6 Cary Harris
7 Ellis Lankster

2008 - Buffalo Bills

1 Leodis McKelvin
2 James Hardy
3 Chris Ellis
4 Reggie Corner
4 Derek Fine
5 Alvin Bowen
6 Xavier Omon
7 Demetrius Bell
7 Steve Johnson
7 Kennard Cox

2007 - Buffalo Bills

1 Marshawn Lynch
2 Paul Posluszny
3 Trent Edwards
4 Dwayne Wright
6 John Wendling
7 Derek Schouman
7 C.J. Ah You

2006 - Buffalo Bills

1 Donte Whitner
1 John McCargo
3 Ashton Youboty
4 Ko Simpson
5 Kyle Williams
5 Brad Butler
6 Keith Ellison
7 Terrance Pennington
7 Aaron Merz

2005 - Buffalo Bills

2 Roscoe Parrish
3 Kevin Everett
4 Duke Preston
5 Eric King
6 Justin Geisinger
7 Lionel Gates

Im sorry but there are a lot of things that Jauron ****s up on on gameday that have nothing to do with players on the roster. Burning time outs, not going for it on 4th and 1 when you're down 10, getting rid of two of your starting offensive tackles with no contingency plans if injuries hit, blowing money on T.O. when our team can't even utilize him, playing scared, settling for FG's, the team quits on him because he coaches like a sissy.

Jaurons coaching record isn't an aberration, it's a trend!

raphael120
10-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Well does Jauron have any friggin say on who gets drafted? If he does ,which I sure is the case ,then he's part of the problem too.

11 DBs drafted in the past 3 years? Yeah that has Jauron written ALLLLLL over it.

I'm not being stingy though, the problem doesn't end at jauron. This is a problem from Ralph on down. Modrak and John Guy have proven that they suck at evaluating players, and John Guy has YET to bring in a FA (other than trading for Stroud and T.O.) No one in our organization gives a crap, they're just showing up and getting a paycheck and they wouldn't dare speak up. How many players on this team would be a starter on any other winning team? I can think of 3. Jackson, Lee, T.O. Maybe McGee.

Mike
10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Justa,
All they are saying is that in order to win a superbowl you need a combination of Good GM, Good Coaching, and Talent. We are not at a superbowl level on any of those three areas. Our Talent is NOT Superbowl Talent, no matter how much you think it is. We are not like the San Diego Chargers, all talent, no coaching. Look at their roster and ours, and see how many probowlers each one has produced.

Another thing, Justa, the reason we dont have the Talent, is because of the GM picking those pics, and the advise he gets fro the Owner, Coach, and Scouts. Obvoiculy, he many notbe getting good advice for any of those three. Now, you want to blame Jouron for the pics, well before Jouron, the pics still sucked, so its not all on him. Its the FO, this FO is bottom 3 of the league.