PDA

View Full Version : Ask Vic Response

Syderick
10-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Ask Vic:
http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/487

Hey Vic, with the Bills underachieving this year and the recent losing slide they're in. Many fans are upset lately. How much of a hot seat are Trent Edwards and Dick Jauron on? Also what do the Bills have to do to get T.O and Lee Evans more involved? Thanks

Vic Carucci, Senior Columnist, NFL.com

I'd say the seats under Jauron and Edwards are extremely hot. Neither can afford many more losses, and it would be fair to speculate, as many around the league have, that Jauron could very well be out of a job if the Bills lose to another struggling team, the Browns, on Sunday. The fan base has clearly lost all patience, particularly because there were many calls for Jauron's firing during and after last season. As for Edwards, he could be headed for the bench if his struggles continue. His regression seems pretty apparent and very troubling, and I don't think it is something that can be explained away by bad coaching and poor game plans. How do the Bills get T.O. and Lee Evans more involved? Throw them the ball. Top-level quarterbacks figure out how to connect with their receivers rather than settling for what they see underneath, which is what Edwards too often does.

DraftBoy
10-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Can't explain it much better than that.

justasportsfan
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I agree 150%.

Dr. Pepper
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
he's saying exactly what we already know, nothing new. however, it somehow feels better knowing that other people (national media) understand and recognize the siatuation.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
I hope that Jauron is gone on Monday if we lose to the browns.

trapezeus
10-09-2009, 12:31 PM
jauron has to go, but he actually has a usefulness to him through this waste of a year. no one else would take the job mid year.

but isnt' the real change we want after a browns loss to be can the scouts and the GM. This is a change we can make now and hire someone now. and that gives them plenty of time to scout the college season and prepare their 2010 gameplan from FA through new coaching hire.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I want him gone now so we can see what April can do. If not we start the search again. Toughness and some physical play would put this team right in the mix, we have neither.

Dr. Pepper
10-09-2009, 12:43 PM
I want him gone now so we can see what April can do. If not we start the search again. Toughness and some physical play would put this team right in the mix, we have neither.

i wouldve agreed a while back, but not now. April needs to focus on s/t, his unit has been playing like garbage.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-09-2009, 02:41 PM
i wouldve agreed a while back, but not now. April needs to focus on s/t, his unit has been playing like garbage.

True, they have played like crap.

madness
10-09-2009, 02:53 PM
I agree 150%.

You? more like exactly 88% :D

and I don't think it is something that can be explained away by bad coaching and poor game plans.