PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question?

Mike
10-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Would you ever, under any circumstance, root for the Bills to Lose?

mybills
10-09-2009, 04:23 PM
No.

next question.

cocamide
10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I might consider it if them losing helps to make for a better future. Of course, regardless of whether they win or lose now, they'll still suck in the future, so I might as well root for them to win.

Bmax
10-09-2009, 04:31 PM
I remember when Hank Bullough was head coach..the players hated him so much that they allegedly tanked a game against Tampa to get him fired...

After the game he was and The Bills hired Marv Levy as Head Coach....

The players haven't totally given up on Jauron publicly , but a loss to the Browns could do it......

Bmax

Joe Fo Sho
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
There are some circumstances where I would HOPE the Bills lost, however I will NEVER root for them to lose.

Mike
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
thats a good story,
Ive heard some GMs in the NFL say that if you are a middle of the road team or in the bottom of the league it is better to blow up the team and hit rock bottom that way you have access to better players. Most cases, these top talents pooles, along with right coaching and GM tourout superbowl teams like the 70's Steelers, 80's 49ers, 90's Cowboys, 2000's Pats. Each of these Dynasties was a mess before they got the next top GM, Coach & Philosophy, who used top pics to build Great teams via the draft. (there many more example like the Rams that went to 2SB's , bottom feeder to Champs).

By and large middle of the road teams never win a championship. Here are some examples: Jags, both late 90's and mid 2000's, Chargers, Panters late 90's, Bills late 90's, Doplhins late 90's early 2000's, 2000's Cowboys, Eagles, etc...

So, would you rather loose that one extra game that allows you to get a Patric Willis type of player or win that meaningless game and get a Marshawn Lynch? By the way, the game that made the difference in this season was a week 17 game to the Jets. We won it. They lost, the Jets also ended up getting a better pick that years as well.

In winning, we not only made ourselves worst but made the Jets better, and now they are a real competitive team! Now we will be loosing to them for a long time to come!

casdhf
10-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Never.

Mike
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Would you rather not loose a few more games now, so you can win later?

if you knew, and sometimes you do, that if you loose that extra game or two you will have the option of drafting the top guy, why not do it?

its loosing that top guy worst for the organization than loosing a meaningless game?

Wouldn't missing out on talent like that lead to loosing more games in the future? escpecially if your rival gets a better pic?

what do you think?

Mike
10-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Casdf,
If I told you that if we loose an a week 17 game this year, a meaningless week 17 game, and got a better pick you would say no to that?

Mike
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
thats like saying you want us to win every meaningless preseason game... is it not the same thing? if we are allready out of hte playoffs and the game does not matter, why does it matter that we win?

Mike
10-09-2009, 04:55 PM
so, why as fans are we okay that a good team allows itself to loose meaningless games but not bad teams.

mybills
10-09-2009, 05:05 PM
loose is something that doesn't fit you because it's too big. ;)

Don't Panic
10-09-2009, 06:48 PM
There are some circumstances where I would HOPE the Bills lost, however I will NEVER root for them to lose.

Yeah... if we're 1-14 and so is another team (say the Cowboys) and we play each other the last week.... and there is an obvious #1 pick in this draft (say Peyton Manning) and then a huge drop off after him, I am hoping we lose. Still... I have never in 30 years been able to root for us to lose, so I doubt I could in that situation.

Thirdman75
10-09-2009, 07:04 PM
No friggin way. Not even if it's week 17 and the Bills are already out of the playoffs.

YardRat
10-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I would root for the Bills to lose under the following circumstances...

-Buffalo has the playoffs and home-field advantage clinched.
-The team Buffalo is playing (Denver, Pittsburgh, whoever) can knock the Dolphins, Patriots, or Jets (or even better, all of them) out of the playoff race with a win.

Yes, I dislike the rest of the division that much...

zone
10-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Never, there never has been or ever will be a situation I would root for my team to lose.

ChristopherWalken
10-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm rooting for Dick Jauron to turn this team around and go on a massive win streak.... but can't even hide my laughter when typing this.

Love to see what is already in place succeed.

However, if they lose to this lousy Brown's team this weekend, I think Jauron has to be let go and the Bills have to attempt to not only save what little of the season that would remain, but the jobs of the players as well.

If Dick can't turn it around, this team goes through another overhaul which more than likely means waiting another 2-3 years to know of they found a winning combination.

Have to lean to the side of optimism...but, unfortunately, I think there is a hole in the bottom of this half full glass.

yordad
10-10-2009, 09:47 AM
There are some circumstances where I would HOPE the Bills lost, however I will NEVER root for them to lose.What?

Joe Fo Sho
10-10-2009, 10:44 AM
What?

Just trying to say that there are obvious reasons to hope that the Bills lose, getting a better draft pick, etc. But I will never, during a Bills game, root for a poor showing from the team. I ALWAYS want them to come out and punch the other team in the mouth, no matter what.

psubills62
10-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I would never root for them to lose.

However, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the possible rewards of a loss (e.g. Jauron's firing).

SABURZFAN
10-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Would you ever, under any circumstance, root for the Bills to Lose?

only The Juice is Loose and his disciples would root for the Bills to lose.

ddaryl
10-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't root for them to lose, but I would be lying if I said I would not get some satisfaction from the Bills looking like complete crap on Raphs big day...

the guy needs to really feel the fans ire from this entire embarassment IMO

SABURZFAN
10-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't root for them to lose, but I would be lying if I said I would not get some satisfaction from the Bills looking like complete crap on Raphs big day...

the guy needs to really feel the fans ire from this entire embarassment IMO

as long as The Old Fart sucks the money out of peoples pockets, he doesn't care.

tampabay25690
10-10-2009, 02:35 PM
NO..
stupid question

TigerJ
10-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Simple answer:

No.