PDA

View Full Version : Rob Ryan (cleveland d-coordinator) Trashes Edwards

gil
10-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Honestly it doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about, like I've never heard Trent trash talk, but still pretty interesting:

Edit - just saying Trent doesn't trash talk - Edwards is definitely no Palmer.

Ryan was talking about Buffalo's offense when he steered the discussion to Edwards.
"I don't think that's [Bengals quarterback] Carson Palmer (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4459) back there by any stretch," he said.

Ryan was then asked if he felt Edwards was not as good as Palmer.

"Absolutely. He's not. Not too many quarterbacks are," he said. "The guy can run and do some things, but we've played Brett Favre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112), we've played Carson Palmer. Those are two pretty good quarterbacks right there. This guy [Edwards] always seems to have a lot to say, so I'm going to say the same thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4546351

Scumbag College
10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Most posters on here bash Edwards harder.

Honestly, I didn't think Trent was much of a trash talker, which this guy seems to be saying. Trent could easily point out that Cleveland has the worst defense in the league.

Yasgur's Farm
10-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't mind at all what he said... UP TO THIS POINT!
This guy [Edwards] always seems to have a lot to say, so I'm going to say the same thingHe's obviously clueless about his opponent. I wish Edwards had some ballsy things to say once in a while!

Mudflap1
10-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure where Ryan got that info that Trent is a trash talker.

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2009, 07:02 PM
In polite words he is calling Trent a bad quarterback.

DMBcrew36
10-09-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't mind at all what he said... UP TO THIS POINT!He's obviously clueless about his opponent. I wish Edwards had some ballsy things to say once in a while!
I WISH Trent had a lot to say. The guy is as boring as Jauron. He's a robot, just like Jauron, repeating the same excuses over and over like it was programmed. He never says anything

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2009, 07:22 PM
I WISH Trent had a lot to say. The guy is as boring as Jauron. He's a robot, just like Jauron, repeating the same excuses over and over like it was programmed. He never says anything

Oh but if he flashed attitude like Jay Cutler or a quarterback like that, he'd be called a prima dona or some crap like that. I agree with you though, he doesn't have a competitive attitude which bothers me.

casdhf
10-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Not all successful QBs scream and yell. Bledsoe comes to mind ... Eli Manning too.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Honestly it doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about, like I've never heard Trent trash talk, but still pretty interesting:

Edit - just saying Trent doesn't trash talk - Edwards is definitely no Palmer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4546351
I agree that with Ryan that Edwards is not better than Palmer or Farve but i don't agree with Ryan that he talks trash.

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Not all successful QBs scream and yell. Bledsoe comes to mind ... Eli Manning too.

I like QBs who enjoy mixing it up with players on the field, that's my kind of guy.

Dude
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I love to see coaches of an 0-4 team trashing their opponents.

Dude
10-09-2009, 08:02 PM
The same guy today tried to blame their latest loss to the Bengals on the refs by saying that the game winning field goal was wide.

Ground Chuck
10-09-2009, 09:48 PM
The same guy today tried to blame their latest loss to the Bengals on the refs by saying that the game winning field goal was wide.

If you saw it you'd agree with him.

more cowbell
10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
i wish trent edwards was better than he is

Pinkerton Security
10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
If you saw it you'd agree with him.

haha when it was kicked all the browns fans at the bar i was at in cleveland cheered crazily..then realized it wasnt called wide...i thought it was wide myself, but figured they made the right call. i havent seen the kick since

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
haha when it was kicked all the browns fans at the bar i was at in cleveland cheered crazily..then realized it wasnt called wide...i thought it was wide myself, but figured they made the right call. i havent seen the kick since

Pretty sure it hit the field goal camera and bounced in.

Bmax
10-10-2009, 01:09 AM
This guy is trying to create a way to get his defense fired up !!!! LOL...I hope our linemen are inspired to protect Edwards on Sunday !!!!!

jamze132
10-10-2009, 02:09 AM
This guy is trying to create a way to get his defense fired up !!!! LOL...I hope our linemen are inspired to protect Edwards on Sunday !!!!!
:rofl: I'm pretty damn sure they really do want to protect their Qb, but they just aren't physically capable yet. They are too young and inexperienced.

Buffalogic
10-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Was he the dcoord last year when Trent threw those three ints against the browns monday ngiht? If he was its not hard to see the reason behind the lack of respect.

Jan Reimers
10-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Trent's going to be so pissed that he's going to throw a pass longer than 10 yards.

Dude
10-10-2009, 07:58 AM
If you saw it you'd agree with him.I saw it. And to be honest I don't care.

yordad
10-10-2009, 08:46 AM
If you saw it you'd agree with him.OK, you peaked my interest and made me watch that play (nfl.com). That thing surely looked like it missed to me. :idunno:

Ickybaluky
10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Was he the dcoord last year when Trent threw those three ints against the browns monday ngiht? If he was its not hard to see the reason behind the lack of respect.

No, he wasn't.

He was the D-coordinator in Oakland the last few years, and was hired as D-Coordinator in Cleveland by Eric Mangini this year (Ryan was a LB coach in NE when Mangini was a DB coach). Edwards played against his defense when the Bills beat Oakland 24-23 last year. Edwards was was 24-for-39 (61.5%), 279 Yards (7.2 yds/Att), 1 TD, 1 Int, 81.0 QB Rating in that game. He was sacked 3 times for 17 yards and lost a fumble as well.

RockStar36
10-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't think he said anything terrible.

You're right Rob, Trent Edwards is not as good as Carson Palmer. What a fantastic observation.

Syderick
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Trent's going to be so pissed that he's going to throw a pass longer than 10 yards.

That insult is some bulletin board material for some serious checkdowns. Rob Ryan better watchout, Trent's gone checkdown the hell out of him, and maybe throw one or two desperation passes.

trapezeus
10-11-2009, 11:18 AM
but this guy made the comment as though edwards said something first. i can't imagine edwards saying anything for fodder ona board. i'd love to know what got his pants in such a bunch.