PDA

View Full Version : What about Billick?

homeslice5484
10-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Everywhere I read says its a waste of time to talk about Ralph paying a ton of money to the likes of Gruden, Cowher, and Shanahan while also paying off the remainder of Jaurons contract.....what about Billick? Do you think he would command as much money as them and is he worth a shot?
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2009, 07:01 PM
He wouldn't be the worst choice, but he wouldn't be my first choice. I concur that it wouldn't hurt to have a coach here who has won the big one, he would instantly have more credibility than the 90s regime or anybody associated with that time period of this franchise, thus making it hard for anybody in the organization to undermine him really.

I tell you what, hire Billick as head coach and bring in Cowher as GM and I'll be very optimistic.

homeslice5484
10-09-2009, 07:02 PM
im just thinking that its highly unlikely, and not worth the getting exciting about one of the popular coaches coming here. Ralph would be paying almost 11 million a year to Jauron and the new coach....so whats the next best thing?

What assistants are worth taking a chance on or ex head coaches?

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
im just thinking that its highly unlikely, and not worth the getting exciting about one of the popular coaches coming here. Ralph would be paying almost 11 million a year to Jauron and the new coach....so whats the next best thing?

Well, this is one area where you don't want to skimp on.. So it wouldn't surprise me if Ralph did skimp on the most important position in the franchise, which is GM first and HC secondly. If you cherry pick from the best for these two roles, you will have a solid franchise, year in and year out.

As for first time head coaches, I'd take a look at Jason Garrett of the Cowboys, Russ Grimm of the Cardinals, Rob Ryan of the Browns, or Ron Rivera of the Chargers.

Obviously if we're going to look at previous head coaches, Billick and Gruden should be in the conversation..

And this post is hypothetical to whether or not Ralph does decide to cherry pick, in retrospect he will probably grab a past failure like Dick Jauron so he can lowball him and have the new guy under his control like a pawn.

homeslice5484
10-09-2009, 07:15 PM
id like an offensive minded coach

homeslice5484
10-09-2009, 07:16 PM
how do i add a picture under my name by the way

Mudflap1
10-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm all for Billick. He would be an upgrade and would be a realistic target, since Ralph won't attract the top of the line names. Billick has a Super Bowl ring and multiple playoff appearances. He would clearly be an upgrade.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-09-2009, 07:32 PM
id like an offensive minded coach
I though he was???

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Everywhere I read says its a waste of time to talk about Ralph paying a ton of money to the likes of Gruden, Cowher, and Shanahan while also paying off the remainder of Jaurons contract.....what about Billick? Do you think he would command as much money as them and is he worth a shot?
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->
No way. Billeck is overated. All of his offences sucked in Baltimore and their defence carried him throughout his tenure with the Ravens too.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2009, 08:16 AM
i'm surprised The Old Fart hasn't dug up one of his AFL buddies to coach this team. we'd probably see better results.

yordad
10-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Not my first choice, but surely an upgrade.

SABURZFAN
10-10-2009, 08:53 AM
:yawn:

:z:

Meathead
10-10-2009, 08:59 AM
what about britney?

McBFLO
10-10-2009, 09:35 AM

Russ Grimm... OL coach/Asst Head Coach for AZ. He's be Cowher at MILLIONS less!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Grimm

BillsWin
10-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Been calling for Billick since after week one of the preseason. http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=178466