PDA

View Full Version : The Bills kind of remind me about Russia before the 1917 Revolution

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
A proud Bills fan since 2002, i have been through the thick of the Bills losing seasons as everyone else has endured. Most fans would probably agree with me that this franchise is in complete turmoil and that the sky is falling on the Bills at an impressive rate. This falloff from grace is mainly due to Crappy coaches and coordinators, a cheap owner (front office) who is blinded by money and can't face reality and players who are too average and incompetent to play their positions (few exceptions). This leads me to my next point. As a history major at Frostburg State University, i have been studying world history (European history in general) and have encountered a similarity between the Bills and Russia. Here some background of Russia before the 1917 Russian Revolution if some peeps don't know and understand why i'm making a comparision.

After Peter the Great and Catherine the Great(who was by far the best Romanov Tsar's), Russia expierenced alot of oppressive Tsar's who could care a less about their country. This led to a downfall in developement as a superpower, deaths of many Russians due to oppression and terrible wars against the Polish, Crimea War, Russo-Japanese War of 1905 and WWl. This leads me to my comparison to the Bills.
The Bills resemble Russian state before 1917. After the 90's Bills which were much like PTG and CTG, the Bills expierenced a lack of 'developement' due to Ralph Wilson (much like the oppressive Tsar's) being cheap as well as the front office. The Bills then expirerenced painful losing seasons much like the Russians being shot to death in their wars, especially WWl which killed nation morale for their government and sparked revolution (much like Bills fans wanting reform).
As i see it overall, as long as Ralph Wilson is being cheap and living, the Bills will be the same team and organization and i don't like saying this; be a losing organiztion much like Russia before 1917. I feel for everyone who has been a Bills fan longer than i have and have to deal with this mess they call a team this decade. I only wish that the Ralph and his goons would actually relize that this team means a lot to the fan base here in Buffalo and that he should really start investing in a blue print for recontruction of the Bills (hopefully the last recontruction).
Your thoughts? Please leave the negitivity out of this thread.

PECKERWOOD
10-09-2009, 08:56 PM
In Buffalo, you don't own team, team own you.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-10-2009, 02:07 AM
In Buffalo, you don't own team, team own you.
True that

Crisis
10-10-2009, 02:18 AM
FOR MOTHERLAND WE WATCH BILLS UNTIL EYEBALL BLEED

BillyT92679
10-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Is Bill Cowher Lenin then?
Or Trotsky?
probably Kerensky, with this Ed Gorski guy being Lenin

BillsWin
10-10-2009, 01:47 PM
A proud Bills fan since 2002, i have been through the thick of the Bills losing seasons as everyone else has endured. Most fans would probably agree with me that this franchise is in complete turmoil and that the sky is falling on the Bills at an impressive rate. This falloff from grace is mainly due to Crappy coaches and coordinators, a cheap owner (front office) who is blinded by money and can't face reality and players who are too average and incompetent to play their positions (few exceptions). This leads me to my next point. As a history major at Frostburg State University, i have been studying world history (European history in general) and have encountered a similarity between the Bills and Russia. Here some background of Russia before the 1917 Russian Revolution if some peeps don't know and understand why i'm making a comparision.
After Peter the Great and Catherine the Great(who was by far the best Romanov Tsar's), Russia expierenced alot of oppressive Tsar's who could care a less about their country. This led to a downfall in developement as a superpower, deaths of many Russians due to oppression and terrible wars against the Polish, Crimea War, Russo-Japanese War of 1905 and WWl. This leads me to my comparison to the Bills.
The Bills resemble Russian state before 1917. After the 90's Bills which were much like PTG and CTG, the Bills expierenced a lack of 'developement' due to Ralph Wilson (much like the oppressive Tsar's) being cheap as well as the front office. The Bills then expirerenced painful losing seasons much like the Russians being shot to death in their wars, especially WWl which killed nation morale for their government and sparked revolution (much like Bills fans wanting reform).
As i see it overall, as long as Ralph Wilson is being cheap and living, the Bills will be the same team and organization and i don't like saying this; be a losing organiztion much like Russia before 1917. I feel for everyone who has been a Bills fan longer than i have and have to deal with this mess they call a team this decade. I only wish that the Ralph and his goons would actually relize that this team means a lot to the fan base here in Buffalo and that he should really start investing in a blue print for recontruction of the Bills (hopefully the last recontruction).
Your thoughts? Please leave the negitivity out of this thread.

Only since 2002? You haven't even begun to feel the pain and humiliation associated with being a Bills fan. But then again, you did skip right over the glory years and jump right into mediocrity. So all you know is disappointment.

Cntrygal
10-10-2009, 02:38 PM
:sigh:

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Only since 2002? You haven't even begun to feel the pain and humiliation associated with being a Bills fan. But then again, you did skip right over the glory years and jump right into mediocrity. So all you know is disappointment.
Well i think i have despite not seeing the superbowl appearences.