PDA

View Full Version : Quebec Nordiques back in the NHL?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Mayor Regis Labeaume said Saturday he met with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman along with former Nordiques owner Marcel Aubut. The mayor adds that the talks in New York on Friday were “very profitable, very worthwhile.”

Bettman said this month he would consider Quebec City as a possible home to an NHL team if it followed through on plans to build a top arena and if a team were for sale. The Nordiques were sold in 1995 and moved to Denver as the Colorado Avalanche.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Al_w08KyRaXAAP9odgPftgx7vLYF?slug=ap-nordiques-bettman&prov=ap&type=lgns

JD
10-11-2009, 03:47 PM
They deserve to get their team back.

Meathead
10-11-2009, 11:00 PM
only if they bring back the stastny brothers

OpIv37
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Phoenix Coyotes anyone?

SabreEleven
10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
this league is watered down without adding more new teams.

Ebenezer
10-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Phoenix Coyotes anyone?
I'd love to see Quebec back in the league...Phoenix should return to Winnipeg immediately and then one of the Southeast teams could move to Quebec when their arena is done. Hell, then they could move a team from the southeast to Saskatoon, too. Get hockey out of the south.

OpIv37
10-12-2009, 09:16 PM
I'd love to see Quebec back in the league...Phoenix should return to Winnipeg immediately and then one of the Southeast teams could move to Quebec when their arena is done. Hell, then they could move a team from the southeast to Saskatoon, too. Get hockey out of the south.

great idea- Southerners don't understand it and they don't appreciate it. The only good hockey city in the South is Dallas and that's only because the Stars have been good for the majority of the time since they moved there from Minnesota. Let them hit a 3-4 year skid and then see where the fans are.

SABURZFAN
10-13-2009, 08:20 AM
i'd love to see the Quebec Nordiques back. put them back in the Adams Division.

rbochan
10-13-2009, 10:24 AM
...The only good hockey city in the South is Dallas...
I would definitely add San Jose to that list.

Dozerdog
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Move Phoenix, Florida, and the Islanders to Winnipeg, Quebec, and Kansas City

chernobylwraiths
10-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I might change the Islanders with the Thrashers.

Ebenezer
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM
you could even find a team to move to saskatoon.

Dozerdog
10-15-2009, 05:46 AM
The Islanders need a new building and Nassau County won't do it. Charles Wang has been very patient but after 8 years of trying to get the "Lighthouse Project" complete, he's done. He is soliciting local alternatives as well as external ones.

BlackMetalNinja
10-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Atlanta needs to be on top of the list of teams that need to be moved... they are at the bottom of the league in attendance and didn't even fill their building to 80% capacity last season. The Islanders and Coyotes are right there with them as well.

Buffalogic
10-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Move Phoenix? Yeah, easy for you guys to say. I'd HATE to lose the team. I live in Phoenix and went to the sabres game last year like I always do when they are here and it would be awful to have hockey just ripped away from the state!