PDA

View Full Version : Its time...

Historian
10-11-2009, 01:39 PM
...time to give Fitzpatrick a shot.

Mudflap1
10-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Why, so he gets killed? Peyton Manning wouldn't have enough time with the way this line is playing... against Cleveland.

I'm not a Trent fan, but when there is no blocking and tons of penalties, what's the difference with who is back there?

Joe Fo Sho
10-11-2009, 02:00 PM
peyton manning wins 10 games on this team, at least.

Mudflap1
10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
IF he had a coach and a general manager, maybe.

shelby
10-11-2009, 02:15 PM
i'm on board. i want Trent benched.

Philagape
10-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Why not? If Trent isn't throwing by now, who knows when he ever will? He's had more than enough chances. The season's a waste, so who cares?

YardRat
10-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Trent's one of the few players I would keep going into next season.

ddaryl
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Trent's one of the few players I would keep going into next season.

as a stop gap while our newly drafted QB developes for most of the year

trent does not have what it takes... plain and simple that won't change.. By this point a QB with a future still manages to squeak 1 or 2 in the endzone each week consistently

Boomstick
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Benching Trent would ignore the real problems. Poor coaching, the crappiest tackle play in the history of the NFL and play calling to boot. I don't like Edwards really, but holy crap, he's not the problem.
We get what we pay for with our line, thats for sure.

X-Era
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
...time to give Fitzpatrick a shot.

Just trade for some youngster on another team and then start him Fitz will never do anything, we know that.

Griff
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
can we work on the Oline and get a new coach first? You know fix the real problems before the perceived problems?

LifetimeBillsFan
10-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Right now Trent is starting to look like David Carr or Ken O'Brien. He can play the game, but he has been hit so many times that he is shell-shocked and has become tentative in his play.

He might benefit from some time on the bench watching Fitzgerald or he may not. It's not like Fitz is going to come in and suddenly start doing a lot of the things that Trent hasn't been doing or set a good example for him. If Fitz comes in, it is going to be more of the same until the offensive line gets its act together (every single offensive lineman who played got at least one penalty today, except, perhaps for Hangartner), although the rest might help Trent.

Philagape
10-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Benching Trent would ignore the real problems. Poor coaching, the crappiest tackle play in the history of the NFL and play calling to boot. I don't like Edwards really, but holy crap, he's not the problem.
We get what we pay for with our line, thats for sure.

Right now he IS a real problem. One of many, but he is.

He's become a backup. He's not the same player before whatever happened to him last season, and there's no sign he'll ever get it back.

Philagape
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
(every single offensive lineman who played got at least one penalty today, except, perhaps for Hangartner),

Nope, he did too. Clean sweep.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I dont know that Id make the switch yet, but Id looking to maybe add a QB through a trade or off some teams practice squad.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Nope, he did too. Clean sweep.

Plus Chambers who was a backup.