PDA

View Full Version : How was the fan's reception to Ralph at halftime?

Mudflap1
10-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Obviously it would be hard for anyone at the game to post right now, but has anyone heard (text message or otherwise) how the fans treated Ralph at halftime? Chorus of boos? Cheers? Walkout into the concourse?

ddaryl
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
He refused to take the field

no ceremony..

chicken **** can even face his own mess

Mudflap1
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM

no ceremony..

Seriously????? What did the PA say?

ddaryl
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't know but I got the input from twobillsdrive and the official Bills forums

I'm at work so I can't watch right now

Joe Fo Sho
10-11-2009, 03:08 PM

no ceremony..

Can anyone confirm this???

If true, and he doesn't fire Jauron, then he should be shot.

unpaid_bills
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
on tv they showed him in the booth he was motionless, actually looked asleep maybe he was, Ralph, Ralph wake up the game is over.:cp:

Mudflap1
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
He was probably advised not to go down on the field, that it would be a very ugly reception. No reason to give the press or TV anything extra to talk about. Damage control.

Novacane
10-11-2009, 03:24 PM
They are talkiing about this on WGR right now. The Bills official statement to the press is they never intended to have a ceremony. This entire organization is a ****ing joke.

JD
10-11-2009, 03:53 PM
:rofl:

Buffalo is the most tortured sports city in the history of modern civilization. Of all places, I had to be ****ing born here.

Novacane
10-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Buffalo is the most tortured sports city in the history of modern civilization. Of all places, I had to be ****ing born here.

:lmao: I was having this exact conversation with my brother during the game. We were saying it's our parents fault. Why could'nt have they settled in Indy, or Pittsburgh etc.

JD
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
:lmao: I was having this exact conversation with my brother during the game. We were saying it's our parents fault. Why could'nt have they settled in Indy, or Pittsburgh etc.

Haha we were grilling my buddys parents about why they didn't move to Boston before he was born etc. I can understand if it was just the Bills that couldn't win a championship, but the Sabres too? I never believed in curses until I became a die-hard sports fan of this city.

Buffalogic
10-11-2009, 04:08 PM
:lmao: I was having this exact conversation with my brother during the game. We were saying it's our parents fault. Why could'nt have they settled in Indy, or Pittsburgh etc.Wow guys I was watching the game with a big group of family members and I asked my dad the same exact thing. Why the hell did we have to be born in Buffalo??

SABURZFAN
10-11-2009, 04:08 PM

no ceremony..

The Old Fart is a Hall Of Fame schuyster.

bflojohn
10-11-2009, 04:34 PM
It is the old comic addage..... looks like ****, smells like ****, tastes like ****, good thing I didn't step in it!! Can you blame the man for hiding like a coward! Think about it... comfy box, sold out stadium, NO, and I mean absolutely NO accountability and he senses that he probably shouldn't dodder his old ass out there. I see NO problem with it, same ****, different day!!!

zoneras
10-11-2009, 05:16 PM
No Ralph at Half time no announcement one way or the other, However his HOF bust was on display at the field house before the game so it did seem like something was planned today but given how that first half went.....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Maybe they are waiting for when Bruce gets his ring so that the Boos and BUURCE will meld to the point where you couldn't tell the difference. <o:p></o:p>
I know we are all frustrated but i would have hoped if Wilson did get his ring today that he would not have been bood because Without Wilson this team would have been long gone. After a game like today the feeling probably is so what but we would miss them<o:p></o:p>

trapezeus
10-11-2009, 06:12 PM
i said earlier in the week that the whole ceremony was a gigantic mistake....but so often times is the case with the bills, they don't realize that until it's way too late.

wilson keeps avoiding taking responsibility for the decision he makes. he's a big boy, stand up to the music and get what you deserve.

i still give him credit. i think he wants to win and those 7-9 teams blinded him to what kind of awful game day coach jauron is. maybe the football gods are trying to helpus right now. this is their way to speed up the change process.

Historian
10-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Cowards...

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I thought Ralph Wilson at that point was just unwilling to accept critism or admit it that he has royaly f***ed the fan base over for ten years and this team too. It also shows he's a coward...:tap:

YardRat
10-11-2009, 07:19 PM
A friend with club seats said the 'program' they get upon entering indicated the ceremony was still on...IMO they pulled the plug after taking the threat of boo-birds seriously.

Bulldog
10-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I was at the game, and Wilson should't have taken the field. The fans were out for blood, rightfully so, and it would have been a complete disaster. It was a wise decision in my opinion.

hydro
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I was at the game, and Wilson should't have taken the field. The fans were out for blood, rightfully so, and it would have been a complete disaster. It was a wise decision in my opinion.

Smart decision on their part. Even though Ralph is the reason why this franchise is so mediocre and would deserve booing, it still wouldn't feel right doing that to a old man. The fact that they officially denied there would be a ceremony during halftime is laughable. These people must think we are ******s...

soapman
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah I was there. No ceremony, no nothing.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
A friend with club seats said the 'program' they get upon entering indicated the ceremony was still on...IMO they pulled the plug after taking the threat of boo-birds seriously.

The Old Bastard can't take the heat. that gesture is a big FU to the fans.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Smart decision on their part. Even though Ralph is the reason why this franchise is so mediocre and would deserve booing, it still wouldn't feel right doing that to a old man. The fact that they officially denied there would be a ceremony during halftime is laughable. These people must think we are ******s...

what a difference 2 months make, eh? everybody was hugging on The Old Bastard's testicles when he went into the HOF. now, people want to boo his old wrinkly ass off the field.

Novacane
10-11-2009, 08:17 PM

That's what callers to the postgame show were saying about getting a program indicating a ceremony. What a bunch of scumbags to lie about it. Shows what they think of thier fans.

Novacane
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
These people must think we are ******s...

They've been giving us a **** product for 10 years yet the stadium continues to sell out. I can see why they think we're ******s.

MassEffect218435
10-11-2009, 08:21 PM
what a difference 2 months make, eh? everybody was hugging on The Old Bastard's testicles when he went into the HOF. now, people want to boo his old wrinkly ass off the field.I wasn't, I've always thought of him as a HOF fraud as an owner.

k-oneputt
10-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Ralph did the halftime gig in the mid 80's I recall, and they booed has ass off the field. Then he decided to start spending some $$$$$ and we had the best run in Bills history.

zoneras
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I may have missed it but I did not see it listed in the Gameday program. I remember thinking it strange that Ralph was not on the cover of the program (lynch was) if he was getting his ring. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I saw the blurb about Reed getting the Wilson Award Pre Game but nothing about Wilson's ring. His but was on display in the field house pregame this week, it wasn’t for the Saints game so it seemed like maybe they planned to do the ring ceremony.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

SABURZFAN
10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
I wasn't, I've always thought of him as a HOF fraud as an owner.

same here. The_Philster can vouche for me. :snicker:

HHURRICANE
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
The FO is a joke and it starts with the owner. I'm apathetic and honestly I could care less about him or the Bills.

It will take at least 3 years to fix this mess and by then we will most likely be in another city.

I wish he had walked on the field and got the boos he deserved. He was a joke in the 70s when he let Miami own us for over a decade. The early 90s were purely an aberation based on pure luck.

This is the same owner that didn't want Bruce Smith, the greatest player to ever wear the unifrom.

Michael82
10-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I got this email on October 8th....

The 50th Season of Buffalo Bills football is underway. Below you will find important game day information to help you prepare for your visit. If you have any questions about Stadium policies or your account, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-877-228-4257.

Thank you for your support of the Buffalo Bills and we look forward to seeing you at the Ralph! Go Bills!

Gameday Assistance
Our goal is to provide enjoyable entertainment for all guests. If you need assistance, please contact our Game Day Fan Hotline by texting BILLS *space*, followed by your location and issue to 78247 or calling (716) 312-8933 or visit any of our stadium personnel or a Guest Service Booth.

NY Alert
The best way to get the emergency information you need: Sign up for New York Alert. Whether it's a storm, traffic jam or some other local emergency, New York Alert lets you know. It's first. It's fast. And it's free!
It can reach you on your cell phone, blackberry, PDA, computer or fax. So Sign up for New York Alert today. Visit www.NYAlert.gov (http://www.NYAlert.gov).
New York Alert. Be prepared. Be informed.

Game day activities
Bills Billieve program kicks off Sunday: The Buffalo Bills are partnering with Kaleida Health, the Western New York Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Zeta Tau Alpha, and the Bills Women's Association to coordinate their fourth annual Billieve - Breast Cancer Awareness Program beginning this Sunday, October 11, 2009 at the Bills vs. Browns game at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Pregame activities include a pink ribbon distribution to fans at the entrance gates, breast cancer survivors on the field forming Stampede Row, pink coin for coin toss and the presentation of the game ball, which will be a special ceremonial pink football. The Jills cheerleaders will wear pink jerseys and use pink pom-poms during the game. The Bills will have pink goal post padding, Billieve banners on the ring wall and ribbon logos painted on the field. Players will also use pink cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, Captain's patches and sideline and quarterback towels. Read More>

Gameday Experience: Located in Orchard Park, New York, next to Ralph Wilson Stadium, the Buffalo Bills Fieldhouse is the premier indoor practice facility in the National Football League. On game days, this tremendous facility is transformed into a huge celebration of football: The Gameday Experience, presented by 104.1 WHTT. The Gameday Experience enables fans to get closer to the game of football as well as their favorite team, the Buffalo Bills, and features a youth football field, interactive games, and the live broadcast of the 97 Rock pregame shows.

Pregame: Former Bills All-Pro wide receiver and All-Time Team member Andre Reed will be presented with the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr., Distinguished Service Award during pregame activities.

Halftime: Owner Ralph Wilson will be presented with his Pro Football Hall of Fame ring during a special halftime ceremony.

Reminder about bag policy
All bags brought into Ralph Wilson Stadium are subject to a visual inspection. Guests attending events at Ralph Wilson Stadium are encouraged to enter the facility carrying the fewest items possible. For those guests who elect to carry additional items into the stadium, the following bag policy will be strictly adhered to:

No bag larger than 12" X 12" X 12" will be permitted into the stadium. Personal necessity bags and all other bags larger than 12" X 12" X 12" will not be allowed into the stadium regardless of type, style and/or clarity of bag..........

If you wish to unsubscribe from future emails please click here.
To ensure that you continue to receive emails from "The Buffalo Bills",
please add info@bills.nfl.com to your Address Book or Safe List. Thank you.
One Bills Drive - Orchard Park, NY - 14127

realdealryan
10-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Screw that. Indy wasn't good until Polian got here, and they'll languish like Buffalo when he leaves. Plus people are dicks here.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2009, 09:03 PM
I got this email on October 8th....

I love the fact that he couldn't go on the field for fear of getting ripped. It's actually awesome!!

Michael82
10-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Screw that. Indy wasn't good until Polian got here, and they'll languish like Buffalo when he leaves. Plus people are dicks here.
Indy will be good after Polian retires, because he son will take over. :ill:

realdealryan
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Indy will be good after Polian retires, because he son will take over. :ill:

People are still dicks here.

/we're leaving when I graduate

unpaid_bills
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM

Couldnt have said it better. All of us are in the same boat. Why do we put ourselves through this? Although I have never been in a gang, its sort of like that we are in for life ... its gonna be a long one hang on.

You want to know the worse part? I have 3 boys, 2 of them love the Bills (granted because of my influence) they have no interest in watching the games, dad they always lose and are boring to watch? Why dont you come play with us ... that put it into perspective i have better things to do on Sunday, that watch this crap. But, it is like a drug we all will be back next week i will just Tivo the game, or keep up on the internet. I may just watch to see what will happen next. I honestly think that is part of the addiction (the up and down roller coaster)

Philagape
10-11-2009, 11:49 PM
It's like Fidel Castro owns the team.

JD
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Remember the Home opener? Bruce Smith and Jim Kelly didn't show up for the halftime ceremony... I bet it them saying we should protest the organization..

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I got this email on October 8th....The 50th Season of Buffalo Bills football is underway. Below you will find important game day information to help you prepare for your visit. If you have any questions about Stadium policies or your account, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-877-228-4257.

Thank you for your support of the Buffalo Bills and we look forward to seeing you at the Ralph! Go Bills!

Gameday Assistance
Our goal is to provide enjoyable entertainment for all guests. If you need assistance, please contact our Game Day Fan Hotline by texting BILLS *space*, followed by your location and issue to 78247 or calling (716) 312-8933 or visit any of our stadium personnel or a Guest Service Booth.

NY Alert
The best way to get the emergency information you need: Sign up for New York Alert. Whether it's a storm, traffic jam or some other local emergency, New York Alert lets you know. It's first. It's fast. And it's free!
It can reach you on your cell phone, blackberry, PDA, computer or fax. So Sign up for New York Alert today. Visit www.NYAlert.gov.
New York Alert. Be prepared. Be informed.

Game day activities
Bills Billieve program kicks off Sunday: The Buffalo Bills are partnering with Kaleida Health, the Western New York Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Zeta Tau Alpha, and the Bills Women's Association to coordinate their fourth annual Billieve - Breast Cancer Awareness Program beginning this Sunday, October 11, 2009 at the Bills vs. Browns game at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Pregame activities include a pink ribbon distribution to fans at the entrance gates, breast cancer survivors on the field forming Stampede Row, pink coin for coin toss and the presentation of the game ball, which will be a special ceremonial pink football. The Jills cheerleaders will wear pink jerseys and use pink pom-poms during the game. The Bills will have pink goal post padding, Billieve banners on the ring wall and ribbon logos painted on the field. Players will also use pink cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, Captain's patches and sideline and quarterback towels. Read More>

Gameday Experience: Located in Orchard Park, New York, next to Ralph Wilson Stadium, the Buffalo Bills Fieldhouse is the premier indoor practice facility in the National Football League. On game days, this tremendous facility is transformed into a huge celebration of football: The Gameday Experience, presented by 104.1 WHTT. The Gameday Experience enables fans to get closer to the game of football as well as their favorite team, the Buffalo Bills, and features a youth football field, interactive games, and the live broadcast of the 97 Rock pregame shows.

Pregame: Former Bills All-Pro wide receiver and All-Time Team member Andre Reed will be presented with the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr., Distinguished Service Award during pregame activities.

Halftime: Owner Ralph Wilson will be presented with his Pro Football Hall of Fame ring during a special halftime ceremony.

Reminder about bag policy
All bags brought into Ralph Wilson Stadium are subject to a visual inspection. Guests attending events at Ralph Wilson Stadium are encouraged to enter the facility carrying the fewest items possible. For those guests who elect to carry additional items into the stadium, the following bag policy will be strictly adhered to:

No bag larger than 12" X 12" X 12" will be permitted into the stadium. Personal necessity bags and all other bags larger than 12" X 12" X 12" will not be allowed into the stadium regardless of type, style and/or clarity of bag..........

If you wish to unsubscribe from future emails please click here.
To ensure that you continue to receive emails from "The Buffalo Bills",
please add info@bills.nfl.com to your Address Book or Safe List. Thank you.
One Bills Drive - Orchard Park, NY - 14127

i think everybody should call 1-877-228-4257 and just go off. :up:

Jan Reimers
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I am as pissed as anyone about our situation, but I think booing a 91 year old man is in very poor taste.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I am as pissed as anyone about our situation, but I think booing a 91 year old man is in very poor taste.

maybe so but The Old Fart needs a dose of reality.

mush69
10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
It's like Fidel Castro owns the team.

If he did, we would still be able to enjoy a good smoke during halftime!

Ralph is worse than Fidel!