PDA

View Full Version : I dont want to see Edwards EVER again.

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 03:12 PM
At this point the title Captain Checkdown would be a compliment to Edwards. He cant even complete short throws.

Get this bum outta here and give someone else a shot.

I think I actually dislike him personally now.

Borosai
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
It's hard to gauge him on this current team, with a 3-man line and a ****** for a head coach, but he simply doesn't look like a franchise quarterback (backup, sure).

Mr. Pink
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
He looked better than Derek Anderson did.

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 03:19 PM
He looked better than Derek Anderson did.
Well I guess looking better than a guy who had 23 yards passing is an accomplishment.

Trent for Prez!

Griff
10-11-2009, 03:20 PM
lets see a coaching change before a QB change.

mybills
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
No, let's see both.

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
lets see a coaching change before a QB change.
If we had a credible QB in there we win the last 2 weeks and were looking at 3-2.

Trent Edwards is GARBAGE. I dont know how he has even one supporter left on this board.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2009, 03:28 PM
And you think we'd win games with Fitzpatrick in?

How did Cincy do last year?

Case closed.

Griff
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
If we had a credible QB in there we win the last 2 weeks and were looking at 3-2.

Trent Edwards is GARBAGE. I dont know how he has even one supporter left on this board.

because some of us didn't hate him since day one.

Boomstick
I've said it before, I'll say it again. I don't like Edwards, but no one would accomplish anything at QB with this team. The perfect example was the first play of our last series. We had to have two RBs in the help the line protect. The browns dropped 8 against our 3 WRs running patterns... Do that math, who wins that matchup?

casdhf
I think Trent has guts, he just doesn't really let them show.

Philagape
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I think Trent has guts, he just doesn't really let them show.

He shows guts when he's running.
He should become a RB. He's running better than he's quarterbacking.

Griff
10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
He should become a RB. He's running better than he's quarterbacking.

its kind of hard to quarterback when your line can't pass block.

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 03:36 PM
because some of us didn't hate him since day one.
uh neither did I. I supported him all the way through until preseason. After I saw him make NO throws in Preseason I knew he was poop.

And what difference does it make if you supported him for so long. What exactly are you supporting now?

Philagape
10-11-2009, 03:36 PM

It makes no difference when they do.

BillsFever21
10-11-2009, 03:37 PM
He is horrible. He isn't any better now then he was as a rookie. He has NEVER even had a 300yd game yet.

With these weapons there is no excuse. Blame the OL all yoy want.

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 03:39 PM

Case closed.
Fitzpatrick was not the reason they lost last year. He put points on the board, he moved the ball, and when he got a run game in the last 3 games of the season they closed out going 3-0.

Trent doesn't even throw the ball man. What exactly are you so in love with. Oh, he is real smart and clever right.

Trent Edwards reminds me of Austin Powers when he plays blackjack. "You have 7 sir, I suggest you hit...."

"I'll stay... I too like to live dangerously"

That pretty much sums up Trent's QBing philosophy.

GWScherer
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM

Case closed.

They wood have a better shot than with a QB that's shell shocked.

baalworship
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
It's time for Fitzpatrick. Edwards should call JP and ask him about the UFL.

jdbillsfan
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Trent locks on and doesn't seem to go through his progressions. It doesn't seem like he sees the field that well.

Looks really bad.

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 04:04 PM
It's time for Fitzpatrick. Edwards should call JP and ask him about the UFL.
I think he could backup JP in the UFL.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Fitzpatrick's 2008 stats...

221 of 372 59.4% 1905 yards 8 TDs 9 INTs.

in 12 starts.

Just in case you wondered or thought he would be an improvement.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 04:06 PM
He is horrible. He isn't any better now then he was as a rookie. He has NEVER even had a 300yd game yet.

With these weapons there is no excuse. Blame the OL all yoy want.

seriously, thats the most telling stat. especially when Kolb just had two 300 yard games to START his career. edwards is not our future.

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Fitzpatrick's 2008 stats...

221 of 372 59.4% 1905 yards 8 TDs 9 INTs.

in 12 starts.

Just in case you wondered or thought he would be an improvement.
Trent has 27 starts in his career.

Fitz has 15.

Seriously, I dont think Fitz can be worse than this.... do you?

Dont you want to at least see what another QB can do?

Mr. Pink
10-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Fitz has 15.

Oh, I've seen Fitzpatrick do worse than this.

Yes, we'll be getting a different QB in the offseason.

We're stuck with Bad QB as a starter and a worse QB as a backup.

I'd rather go forward with Trent or Hamdan over Fitzpatrick.

He's a guy that shouldn't have a job in this league, but, we're notorious for extending outright crap players careers.

mysticsoto
10-11-2009, 04:29 PM
It's hard to blame the line for him not being able to lead a WR. The one pass he lead the receiver was the big catch and run that Lynch had. Other than that, he almost always throws behind or right at the receiver making them stutter step, stop or otherwise alter their running. He's no longer accurate, and he could have had a td to TO but instead underthrew it for an interception...If he didn't think he could make the throw, underneath, FJ was availalble with no defenders on him. He would have atleast gotten 20 yds if not more. Again, instead, the interception makes sure we get nothing on the drive. Not sure how you can blame his inaccuracy or bad decisions on the Oline. They aren't playing great, but they aren't the cause of his bad decisions either. Every QB is under pressure in the nfl.

justasportsfan
10-11-2009, 04:30 PM
start Fitz or hamdan. we have nothing to lose. Trent is a bad version of Holcomd with a lesser heart than grossman

shelby
10-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Hamdan ball baby! i'm ready for Trent to sit out for a bit.

gil
10-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes, the Trent apologists will point to his protection, but when he does have time - and yes, there were multiple occasions when he had plenty of time, he still can't do anything.

The entire team is terrible and so is Trent - the team and organization needs some accountability and to me that means firing Brandon and Jauron and benching Trent - today, right freaking now.

Griff
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
uh neither did I. I supported him all the way through until preseason. After I saw him make NO throws in Preseason I knew he was poop.

And what difference does it make if you supported him for so long. What exactly are you supporting now?

preseason? Did you think that the 49ers were terrible after preseason too? Because they did the same thing.

Griff
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
It's hard to blame the line for him not being able to lead a WR. The one pass he lead the receiver was the big catch and run that Lynch had. Other than that, he almost always throws behind or right at the receiver making them stutter step, stop or otherwise alter their running. He's no longer accurate, and he could have had a td to TO but instead underthrew it for an interception...If he didn't think he could make the throw, underneath, FJ was availalble with no defenders on him. He would have atleast gotten 20 yds if not more. Again, instead, the interception makes sure we get nothing on the drive. Not sure how you can blame his inaccuracy or bad decisions on the Oline. They aren't playing great, but they aren't the cause of his bad decisions either. Every QB is under pressure in the nfl.

he's inaccurate because he's constantly in fear because he knows the Oline will fail him, like they have since week 2.

Griff
10-11-2009, 06:46 PM

Fitz has 15.

I have seen what Fitz can do, and it doesn't matter who is starting if they don't have time.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know if Trent could be fined by the team for his comments? "I'm not a bills fan, I am just the QB"

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 07:00 PM
preseason? Did you think that the 49ers were terrible after preseason too? Because they did the same thing.
K... I dont pay attention to preseason results... I watch individuals and individual plays. Trent looked bad, his throws looked bad, his reads were bad.

I made a thread after the Tennessee game or GB game that Trent doesn't have what it takes and it has spilled into the regular season.

What exactly are you arguing about?

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I have seen what Fitz can do, and it doesn't matter who is starting if they don't have time.
Like its been said to you already and several times in this thread. What has Trent done when he has had time?

Scan, scan, scan, dump off, tackle.

Scan, scan, scan, throw away.

........................., INT

.........................., overthrow.

trapezeus
10-11-2009, 07:22 PM
looks like trent made a cardinal sin and said the "i'm not a fan" line. That will spread like wildfire amongst us fans. it put me in a sour mood.

last week, i thought, we need to shore up the lines and potentially roll with trent one more year instead of destroying another young qb behind the awful lines....but that line is going to make him a real hard sell. and like we all know, russ will put up with a lot such as poor play, no leadership, no guts, but he will not put up with a nonmarketable player.

Edwards is going to be gone next year....and for yet another dud performance against the 3-4, i'm over him.

Bmax
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Bring in Culpepper !!!!

Bmax

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I understand Fitz is not the answer but after what Trent said in his presser makes me so angry. He should be benched just for that statement.

I bet he will have some sort of apology or re-clarify is comment on his Wednesday presser.

Nothing he says moving forward will make me forget this. The nerve to say "I'm not a bills fan, I'm just the QB" will be the end of his football career imo.

I just can't get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahdi
10-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I understand Fitz is not the answer but after what Trent said in his presser makes me so angry. He should be benched just for that statement.

I bet he will have some sort of apology or re-clarify is comment on his Wednesday presser.

Nothing he says moving forward will make me forget this. The nerve to say "I'm not a bills fan, I'm just the QB" will be the end of his football career imo.

I just can't get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
y is that such a bad comment?

Michael82
10-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Trent is a useless piece of **** and really doesn't understand how to be a real QB in the league. I can't wait for the time when we get rid of him. His comments today just sealed the deal IMO.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
y is that such a bad comment?

Well for one hes basically saying he does not care about the fans and he just does not care.

Second, it was disrespectful to the organization and most of all the fans. If you are a true Bills fan you would feel disrespected to the fullest and understand. If you don't understand then you are not a true Bills fan.

Philagape
10-11-2009, 11:13 PM
If you are a full-of-himself-overreacting-misinterpreting-whiney-***** Bills fan you would feel disrespected to the fullest and understand.

Syderick
10-11-2009, 11:34 PM
He was doing fine early last year (weeks 1 and 2 this year he was fine aswell), but he's really regressing each week :idunno:

unpaid_bills
10-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Trent is a useless piece of **** and really doesn't understand how to be a real QB in the league. I can't wait for the time when we get rid of him. His comments today just sealed the deal IMO.

Ask Jim Kelly if he is a Bills fan?

He said what he said, unfortunate part is probably with the exception of a few players if they had a choice they wouldnt play for Buffalo. Small market, small city, cold weather. Owner who is in the dark ages, horrendous coaching, injury bug seems to strike every year and the list goes on.

I love the Bills, even though they break our hearts, make us so mad at time,yet they give us that little glimmer of hope. We are simply cursed like no other franchise in Pro Sports - i have no other explanation

mysticsoto
10-11-2009, 11:48 PM
he's inaccurate because he's constantly in fear because he knows the Oline will fail him, like they have since week 2.

Well if he's not going to execute when he DOES have the time, then he needs to be gone. Football is a tough sport and needs tough people. Whiners and scaredy *****es need not apply...

Philagape
10-11-2009, 11:51 PM

A leader doesn't respond to adversity with fear. Someone who's "constantly in fear" shouldn't be an NFL quarterback.

Griff
10-12-2009, 01:46 AM
Well if he's not going to execute when he DOES have the time, then he needs to be gone. Football is a tough sport and needs tough people. Whiners and scaredy *****es need not apply...

guess we know why you never played

Griff
10-12-2009, 01:48 AM
A leader doesn't respond to adversity with fear. Someone who's "constantly in fear" shouldn't be an NFL quarterback.
an NFL quarterback shouldn't be put in a position were he could be in constant fear.

Look at Brady in the 07 Superbowl and then compare him to the rest of that year. Its amazing what happens when a QB can't trust his line.

but no lets replace the QB again Tom Donahue.

mysticsoto
10-12-2009, 02:06 AM
guess we know why you never played

I'm sorry if it bothers you that Trent is not performing adequately. Perhaps that reminds you of your personal life...

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 02:14 AM
At this point the title Captain Checkdown would be a compliment to Edwards. He cant even complete short throws.

Get this bum outta here and give someone else a shot.

I think I actually dislike him personally now.

but i thought he was better then JP

:couch:

mybills
10-12-2009, 07:11 AM
but i thought he was better then JP

:couch:
lol, and JP was a fan.

yordad
10-12-2009, 07:13 AM

Case closed.?? They did better then the Bills with worse talent. Oh, and Fitz PROGRESSED as the year went.

The other players on this team deserve a change or they will all throw in the towel.

yordad
10-12-2009, 07:15 AM
He should become a RB. He's running better than he's quarterbacking.We finally agree! But I must add, JP was the better runner!

mybills
10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
JP runs like a panther, Trent runs like a telephone pole.

yordad
10-12-2009, 07:23 AM
preseason? Did you think that the 49ers were terrible after preseason too? Because they did the same thing.DO you not think his fears have been validated?

yordad
10-12-2009, 07:25 AM
looks like trent made a cardinal sin and said the "i'm not a fan" line. That will spread like wildfire amongst us fans. it put me in a sour mood.

last week, i thought, we need to shore up the lines and potentially roll with trent one more year instead of destroying another young qb behind the awful lines....but that line is going to make him a real hard sell. and like we all know, russ will put up with a lot such as poor play, no leadership, no guts, but he will not put up with a nonmarketable player.

Edwards is going to be gone next year....and for yet another dud performance against the 3-4, i'm over him.We were both wrong, I wanted to bring in Anderson, and that now looks like swapping crap for turds.

yordad
10-12-2009, 07:27 AM
He was doing fine early last year (weeks 1 and 2 this year he was fine aswell), but he's really regressing each week :idunno:He played vs a 4-3 the first 4 games last year and the first 2 games this year. The Bills are 1-12 vs the 3-4 since the beginning of '08. And, 7-1 vs the 4-3 over that span.

mikemac2001
10-12-2009, 08:01 AM
This is every pass play

Trent drops back O no the tackle missed his block

Trent runs away either upfield/sack/throws it away

i feel he is so flustered by having no time its gotten to his game.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Well for one hes basically saying he does not care about the fans and he just does not care.

Second, it was disrespectful to the organization and most of all the fans. If you are a true Bills fan you would feel disrespected to the fullest and understand. If you don't understand then you are not a true Bills fan.
K take it easy bud. Just asking you why you think its such a bad comment.

Personally, all I think he is saying is that he is the QB of the team, not a fan. So whether he would boo or not is irrelevant. He was just escaping the question.

When you suck you get asked these kinds of questions.

Philagape
10-12-2009, 08:22 AM
We finally agree! But I must add, JP was the better runner!

No he wasn't.

Jan Reimers
10-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Trent is JP without the excitement factor.

The same excuses that were used for JP - an excoriated by the JP haters - are now being applied to Trent. Truth is, neither one is an NFL QB.

Philagape
10-12-2009, 08:27 AM
an NFL quarterback shouldn't be put in a position were he could be in constant fear.

Since constant fear is something no QB should have ever, then your axiom is irrelevant.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Edwards is going to be a casualty of this organization. The guy has talent. Alot more than JP ever had. However, he's regressing at warp speed and with the o-line play there is no way he's going to recover in Buffalo.

I still believe that he'll be a starter in this league and will have a career as a starter. Just not on the Bills.

What you guys are missing is that rookies/young players need to be developed. They aren't going to get that on this team. Edwards has had to work with 3 coordinators since being here and it's obvious that AVP is a joke even as a QB coach.

Philagape
10-12-2009, 08:30 AM
JP runs like a panther, Trent runs like a telephone pole.

JP ran like a panther with three legs and blind in one eye.

Trent runs forward with purpose instead of backwards and in circles with horrible ball security.

Jan Reimers
10-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Edwards is going to be a casualty of this organization. The guy has talent. Alot more than JP ever had. However, he's regressing at warp speed and with the o-line play there is no way he's going to recover in Buffalo.

I still believe that he'll be a starter in this league and will have a career as a starter. Just not on the Bills.

What you guys are missing is that rookies/young players need to be developed. They aren't going to get that on this team. Edwards has had to work with 3 coordinators since being here and it's obvious that AVP is a joke even as a QB coach.
I really don't think Trent has the arm strength to be a quality NFL QB. He can't seem to get any velocity on the ball, as evidenced by his throws in the wind yesterday. The lack of any "zip" on the ball kills most of his throws on intermediate routes, as well.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I really don't think Trent has the arm strength to be a quality NFL QB. He can't seem to get any velocity on the ball, as evidenced by his throws in the wind yesterday. The lack of any "zip" on the ball kills most of his throws on intermediate routes, as well.

The funnny part is that he had zip on the ball his first year here. It's like the staff takes the athleticism out of these guys.

yordad
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
The funnny part is that he had zip on the ball his first year here. It's like the staff takes the athleticism out of these guys.That is not funny. :(

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 09:15 AM

Please point out the talent and where you saw it....

Trent and Talent have never been two words that equate. Even when we were high on him as a QB he was never considered talented. He was considered smart and accurate.

Trent has zero talent. Let me see just ONE tough throw made by Trent before you put those two words in the same sentence.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 09:16 AM
I can almost guarantee that Trent Edwards WILL NOT START against the Jets.

There is no way in heck Jauron will march out Edwards as the starting QB against that defense.

GET READY FOR FITZY. BOOK IT!

LooneyBin
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Bill Walsh is rolling in his grave.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Trent is JP without the excitement factor.

The same excuses that were used for JP - an excoriated by the JP haters - are now being applied to Trent. Truth is, neither one is an NFL QB.

Neither qb's were going to succeed here. NO one will succeed under Dick. Dick is a death trap for qb's. JP was Dicks scapegoat. Dick wanted a control type of Qb and JP wasn't that kind of qb. Trent is the type of qb that Dick likes but Trent lost his balls and became :limp: along the way after hanging around Dick too much.

LooneyBin
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Will any qb ever succeed under this organization? It seems that won't happen until this organization gets a complete face lift.

Griff
10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry if it bothers you that Trent is not performing adequately. Perhaps that reminds you of your personal life...

you're the one who's bothered...

Griff
10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I can almost guarantee that Trent Edwards WILL NOT START against the Jets.

There is no way in heck Jauron will march out Edwards as the starting QB against that defense.

GET READY FOR FITZY. BOOK IT!

if you're wrong will you leave the boards for a month?

Borosai
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Start at the top and work your way down.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
if you're wrong will you leave the boards for a month?
No. why?

If im wrong.... then were stuck watching garbage at the QB position against a sick defense.

Im not a troll on this board, I dont need to leave if Im wrong.