PDA

View Full Version : My irrational and not entirely well thought out response to that Debacle

Ingtar33
10-11-2009, 03:17 PM
well...

- worst coaching to end a football game i've seen to date. With 4:30 left and the bills at midfield for the first time in the 2nd half and a 4th and 1, the Bills punt. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. Then how was it followed? Browns recover the ball inside the bills 20, with 2:30 left the Bills with just one time out. A single first down by Cleveland, and the game is over. What is the percentage coaching play? LET THE BROWNS SCORE A TD Instead we contest every yard, the browns get their first down, we burn our last TO, and the game was over.

- 9 False starts

- Parrish Fumble

- Parrish (-20) yard punt return

- This was the worst played football game i've seen... ever... and i remember 1983-1986.

- If Jauron is not gone by Monday morning i won't watch another game this year (until he's gone).

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Absolutely ridiculous...I can't even begin to describe this teams ineptitude.

Philagape
10-11-2009, 03:22 PM
- This was the worst played football game i've seen

I was sayin the same thing.

They lost to a QB who went 2-17 for 23 yards. That's, like, a miracle.

YardRat
I didn't have a problem with the punt at that time...and the strategy actually worked as expected...Buffalo would have had the ball back still tied at 3 if Parrish had a brain.

Boomstick
It starts at the very top, (owner) and trickles down.

ddaryl
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Fire Ralph now !!!

Historian
10-11-2009, 03:24 PM
...and still no emotion from Jauron.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I was sayin the same thing.

They lost to a QB who went 2-17 for 23 yards. That's, like, a miracle.

Thats a new NFL record low for passing yards actually, breaking the previous mark set in 1958.

Ingtar33
10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
I didn't have a problem with the punt at that time...and the strategy actually worked as expected...Buffalo would have had the ball back still tied at 3 if Parrish had a brain.

I do have a problem. Had Parrish not fumbled, we would have had the ball at the 20 (or inside it) with 2:30 left, and frankly, do you think the Bills score points?

You can't pass up scoring opportunities. the ball on the 45 with 4 minutes left and your team hasn't passed the 30 since halftime? Yeah... I'm going for it on 4th and 1.

Griff
10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
woot 1-15

http://www.mtbshorts.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/suicide-bear.jpg

Ingtar33
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
woot 1-15

we're starting to look like it.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Ing, no offense, but get ready to not watch the Bills for at least the rest of this season.

I'll miss your input on games.

Although punting where they did was the right move, the defense even proved it was. Unfortunately Parrish decided looking at the coverage team was more important than picking up the football.

capitolneal
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
bad coaching I agree let them score and if parrish isn't bench cut then the inmates do run the asylum

Ingtar33
10-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Ing, no offense, but get ready to not watch the Bills for at least the rest of this season.

I'll miss your input on games.

Although punting where they did was the right move, the defense even proved it was. Unfortunately Parrish decided looking at the coverage team was more important than picking up the football.

you have to feel the flow of the football game. coaching is about trends, flow and momentum. Punting there is the safe play. It won't get a coach fired. But it won't win you football games.

If your coach doesn't have the balls and the feel for the flow of the game to go for it there he has no business on the sideline. and we lost.

The result is the same as a failed 4th down conversion.

The only difference is people don't blame jauron when he punts there. I'm sorry, that type of chicken**** call afflicts a psychological effect on your team and your opponents.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 03:31 PM
you have to feel the flow of the football game. coaching is about trends, flow and momentum. Punting there is the safe play. It won't get a coach fired. But it won't win you football games.

If your coach doesn't have the balls and the feel for the flow of the game to go for it there he has no business on the sideline. and we lost.

The only difference is people don't blame jauron when he punts there.

Lynch has been running hard and moving piles that drive, Cleveland was on their heels. Im with you, punting there was the gutless and wrong call, imo.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-11-2009, 03:32 PM
The strategy to punt on 4th and 1 worked and would have worked even better if there had been just a shade more backspin on Moorman's punt.

It wasn't the strategy there that was bad, it was Parrish 1.) letting the punt bounce--Zastudil hadn't been booming kicks even with the wind all day, he had taken advantage of the rolls on his punts; 2.) muffing the punt after he let it bounce; and 3.) not recovering the punt after he had muffed it. It was the execution--or lack of execution--by Parrish, plain and simple.

If Parrish does what he is supposed to do as one of the top punt returners in the NFL, the Bills get the ball back with more than two and a half minutes left at no worse than their own 40-45. From there the Bills are in position to control the clock and work the ball into range for a game-winning FG of their own at a minimum. It doesn't happen for one reason: Parrish didn't do his job.

Which shouldn't have been that much of a surprise because he hasn't done his job well all season and had already messed up on at least two previous occasions during this game before he muffed that punt.

Mr. Pink
10-11-2009, 03:33 PM

The only difference is people don't blame jauron when he punts there. I'm sorry, that type of chicken**** call afflicts a psychological effect on your team and your opponents.

Problem is, if you don't punt there and get stuffed, you're basically giving away the game there. And we get a whole bunch of people making threads and *****ing how can Jauron not punt there.

He's in the unenviably position here of no matter what he does he's wrong because the talent on the field is that bad and doesn't execute properly.

Ingtar33
10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
The strategy to punt on 4th and 1 worked and would have worked even better if there had been just a shade more backspin on Moorman's punt.

It wasn't the strategy there that was bad, it was Parrish 1.) letting the punt bounce--Zastudil hadn't been booming kicks even with the wind all day, he had taken advantage of the rolls on his punts; 2.) muffing the punt after he let it bounce; and 3.) not recovering the punt after he had muffed it. It was the execution--or lack of execution--by Parrish, plain and simple.

If Parrish does what he is supposed to do as one of the top punt returners in the NFL, the Bills get the ball back with more than two and a half minutes left at no worse than their own 40-45. From there the Bills are in position to control the clock and work the ball into range for a game-winning FG of their own at a minimum. It doesn't happen for one reason: Parrish didn't do his job.

Which shouldn't have been that much of a surprise because he hasn't done his job well all season and had already messed up on at least two previous occasions during this game before he muffed that punt.

when Parrish touched the ball he was inside the 20. the ball bounced on the 27... i have no idea where you get that "we'd be on the 40" nonsense.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Problem is, if you don't punt there and get stuffed, you're basically giving away the game there. And we get a whole bunch of people making threads and *****ing how can Jauron not punt there.

He's in the unenviably position here of no matter what he does he's wrong because the talent on the field is that bad and doesn't execute properly.

Your team is moving back Cleveland for one of the first times all game, your back is moving the pile. The game is on the line, you gotta go for it there.

The Natrix
10-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I thought punting was the right move there. I didn't have confidence in them getting 1.2 yads.

they should have punted on 4th and 24 also imo. Why, because it's 4TH AND 24! Pin cleve inside the 10.

I also didn't like going for it on 4th and 6. Six yards is a long way for this clown parade of an offense.

Ingtar33
10-11-2009, 03:39 PM

I'm sorry, a coach who punts there is putting the game into the hands of his players to win or lose, and making sure he doesn't get blamed either way.

A coach has to HELP the team win at some point. going for it there could have helped.

I'll play it straight with you. We were a 1-4 football team, struggling to win, to establish an identity. We hadn't moved the football all game, and here we are moving the ball, and at midfield, in a football game where the browns have controlled field position.

I'm sorry, not going for it there was - Chicken**** Cowardly Conservative. We have a struggling football team on a multi-game losing slide and you punt?!!!!

I can't get on board with this mindset. It's the mindset of a loser. It's the type of crap my team used to do before i took over. Losers think like this. I want a ****** winner coaching this football team. I'm tired of losers coaching with loser mentalities.

Mad Bomber
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry, a coach who punts there is putting the game into the hands of his players to win or lose, and making sure he doesn't get blamed either way.

A coach has to HELP the team win at some point. going for it there could have helped.

I'll play it straight with you. We were a 1-4 football team, struggling to win, to establish an identity. We hadn't moved the football all game, and here we are moving the ball, and at midfield, in a football game where the browns have controlled field position.

I'm sorry, not going for it there was - Chicken**** Cowardly Conservative. We have a struggling football team on a multi-game losing slide and you punt?!!!!

I can't get on board with this mindset. It's the mindset of a looser. It's the type of crap my team used to do before i took over. Losers think like this. I want a ****** winner coaching this football team. I'm tired of losers coaching with loser mentalities.

:bf1: Well said.

Meathead
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
totally fine with the punt this time. even if you consider the feel of the game angle, which is important, i still want the punt because my feel at that moment is that each offense is struggling badly so far thus our odds are much better punting

the one in the saints game was the big mistake. this one wasnt, not at all imo

jdbillsfan
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Not punting there would have been ridiculous. Two terrible teams going at it and you want to give the game away?

You punt and get the field position battle back in your favor.

There was a million things wrong with that game. I don't think the punt was one of them.

Ingtar33
10-11-2009, 03:57 PM
you're all so whipped by bad football you've lost your spines. lol

sorry, i was just as mad at the NO punt as i was with this one. Basically the same situation.

baalworship
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
I liked the punt there because I had more confidence we could score with our D than with Captain Checkdown.

ChristopherWalken
10-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Worst ****ing team assembled in history. This can't go on. If Jauron can fire his OC less than 10 days from season start, and his starting LT in less than 5 days, than Ralph can fire his HC in week 6.

WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE?!

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2009, 06:13 PM
you're all so whipped by bad football you've lost your spines. lol

sorry, i was just as mad at the NO punt as i was with this one. Basically the same situation.

Ing, I luv ya' and think you are one of the smarter posters here.

That being said, you saying that punting to the Cleveland ****ing Browns is the same situation as punting to the New Orleans Saints is insanity.

Not to mention they were losing at the time to the Saints, not tied.

The two situations were vastly different.

Historian
10-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Dick should have taken two intentional safeties, which would have given us the advantage in the field position struggle.