• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

My irrational and not entirely well thought out response to that Debacle

well...

- worst coaching to end a football game i've seen to date. With 4:30 left and the bills at midfield for the first time in the 2nd half and a 4th and 1, the Bills punt. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. Then how was it followed? Browns recover the ball inside the bills 20, with 2:30 left the Bills with just one time out. A single first down by Cleveland, and the game is over. What is the percentage coaching play? LET THE BROWNS SCORE A TD Instead we contest every yard, the browns get their first down, we burn our last TO, and the game was over.

- 9 False starts

- Parrish Fumble

- Parrish (-20) yard punt return

- This was the worst played football game i've seen... ever... and i remember 1983-1986.

- If Jauron is not gone by Monday morning i won't watch another game this year (until he's gone).
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: My irrational and not entirely well thought out response to that Debacle

Absolutely ridiculous...I can't even begin to describe this teams ineptitude.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
      - This was the worst played football game i've seen
      I was sayin the same thing.

They lost to a QB who went 2-17 for 23 yards. That's, like, a miracle.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I didn't have a problem with the punt at that time...and the strategy actually worked as expected...Buffalo would have had the ball back still tied at 3 if Parrish had a brain.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Boomstick
          • Oct 2008

It starts at the very top, (owner) and trickles down.
          Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Hello. My name is Shawn Spencer this is my associate Hummingbird Saltalamachia

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Fire Ralph now !!!

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

...and still no emotion from Jauron.
              Last edited by Historian; 10-11-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                I was sayin the same thing.

They lost to a QB who went 2-17 for 23 yards. That's, like, a miracle.

Thats a new NFL record low for passing yards actually, breaking the previous mark set in 1958.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  I didn't have a problem with the punt at that time...and the strategy actually worked as expected...Buffalo would have had the ball back still tied at 3 if Parrish had a brain.

I do have a problem. Had Parrish not fumbled, we would have had the ball at the 20 (or inside it) with 2:30 left, and frankly, do you think the Bills score points?

You can't pass up scoring opportunities. the ball on the 45 with 4 minutes left and your team hasn't passed the 30 since halftime? Yeah... I'm going for it on 4th and 1.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Griff
                    • Jul 2008

woot 1-15

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Griff
                      woot 1-15

we're starting to look like it.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Ing, no offense, but get ready to not watch the Bills for at least the rest of this season.

I'll miss your input on games.

Although punting where they did was the right move, the defense even proved it was. Unfortunately Parrish decided looking at the coverage team was more important than picking up the football.

Comment

• capitolneal
                          • Sep 2003

bad coaching I agree let them score and if parrish isn't bench cut then the inmates do run the asylum

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Ing, no offense, but get ready to not watch the Bills for at least the rest of this season.

I'll miss your input on games.

Although punting where they did was the right move, the defense even proved it was. Unfortunately Parrish decided looking at the coverage team was more important than picking up the football.

you have to feel the flow of the football game. coaching is about trends, flow and momentum. Punting there is the safe play. It won't get a coach fired. But it won't win you football games.

If your coach doesn't have the balls and the feel for the flow of the game to go for it there he has no business on the sideline. and we lost.

The result is the same as a failed 4th down conversion.

The only difference is people don't blame jauron when he punts there. I'm sorry, that type of chicken**** call afflicts a psychological effect on your team and your opponents.
                            Last edited by Ingtar33; 10-11-2009, 03:32 PM.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              you have to feel the flow of the football game. coaching is about trends, flow and momentum. Punting there is the safe play. It won't get a coach fired. But it won't win you football games.

If your coach doesn't have the balls and the feel for the flow of the game to go for it there he has no business on the sideline. and we lost.

The result is the same as a failed 4th down conversion.

The only difference is people don't blame jauron when he punts there.
                              Lynch has been running hard and moving piles that drive, Cleveland was on their heels. Im with you, punting there was the gutless and wrong call, imo.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X