PDA

View Full Version : What's the NFL record for False Starts?

Forward_Lateral
10-11-2009, 03:46 PM
I think Buffalo had to have come close to breaking it, today.

psubills62
10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
And we were at home...

sdbillsfan2
10-11-2009, 03:53 PM
9 false starts and a total of 9 points scored by both teams.. we had 6 more false starts then points!

Do we qualify for disaster relief ?

Buddo
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Every O-Lineman got penalised for something. The 'honorable exceptions to the false start penalty were Hangman and Wood, I think. Hangman was done for a personal foul, and Wood for being an illegal downfield, or somesuch.
Even Chambers, who came on for Scott, was pinged twice. The amount of penalties actually given was horrendous, and there were at least 4 -6 that were declined.
I'd say there were at least 9 false starts. Bell definitely had at least 3, Scott 2, Chambers 2 and Levitre 1. Either Scott or Bell would have had another I believe.

While some criticism of Edwards is fair enough - he threw a number of poor passes - he was being given next to no field position to work with, or at least for not more than about one series of plays, before another dumbass penalty put him back to where he started.

Buddo
10-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I suspect the 'final' penalty count on the O-Line to have been around 14, with, as I said before, 4-6 declined also.
I honestly think that it was about as dismal a performance from that pov, as I'm likely to see from any team.

Edit: - The Official penalty count was 13. That must have been all on the Offensive side of the ball, as Lynch got done for a personal foul as well.

Forward_Lateral
10-11-2009, 07:12 PM
It seemed that every time the Bills got something going, they got an ***** false start penalty. I've never seen so many 1st and 15s in my entire life.

This team is poorly coached, lacks discipline, lacks heart and lacks brains. This entire coaching staff needs to be fired.

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 07:23 PM
We got rid of Peters and Walker for THIS?

G Wolly
10-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I asked myself the same question during the game. Well, not sure how many false starts, but the record for most offensive penalties in a game is 22.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Peters and Walker have got to be happy not to be in Buffalo any more