PDA

View Full Version : Our young guys looked good

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Clearly we aren't going to make the playoffs this year, our coach is probably going to be fired by the start of next weeks game, our QB looks horrible, our tackles are probably the worst in the league, half of our starters are injured but....

....our young guys look pretty good.

Byrd looks like a gamer, he played with zest and the same could be said for Keith Ellison and Nic Harris, who I feel had a pretty strong presence in this loss against Cleveland.

Levitre, Hangartner and Wood are an improvement over last year's starters, easily. If we could just add a pair of tackles next offseason our offensive line could actually be a strength for us....

So if you haven't noticed already, I clearly like many of the younger guys on this team, minus Bell. It's our veterans who haven't shown up. It's obvious we need to start thinking ahead here a bit, perhaps we should consider trading away some players for draft picks next year?? Here are a couple guys I'd strongly consider dealing:

1.) Lee Evans - Could we some how dupe an owner into selling their future for this guy? He is obviously a one trick pony, he is good for a deep ball but it's clear he has no fluid lateral movement, he can only run very fast in a straight line. If we could get a 1st for Lee, I'd hop all over it in a heartbeat.

2.) Paul Posluszny - Would teams offer anything for this guy? He has clearly been a disappointment and hasn't really established himself as an impact player, I'd potentially look at shopping him around to get an idea of what his value is.

3.) Freddy Jackson - Hate to say it, but he is one of the few players I could think of that maybe sexy trade bait for another team. We clearly aren't built to win now or within the next 2-3 years, perhaps we could land a 2nd round pick for an extremely capable back?

4.) Trent Edwards - What would teams give up for him? He has clearly been struggling, but has definitely shown potential in the past. Could we perhaps land a 3rd round pick from a desperate team for Trent?? I'd at the very least consider it.

We need to cut our losses and stockpile draft picks, the veterans on this team haven't done anything, thus it seems like a reasonable idea to start shopping some guys around. Thoughts?

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Dumbest post ever. Pos is our best D-player, by far, Lee is a great player but we dont use him in the gameplan, Jackson is great and we have a top 5 1-2 combo because of him and Trent is a good backup.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Dumbest post ever.

id argue that no ones going to top you on that....

ArcticWildMan
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Dumbest post ever. Pos is our best D-player, by far, Lee is a great player but we dont use him in the gameplan, Jackson is great and we have a top 5 1-2 combo because of him and Trent is a good backup.

Poz is one more arm injury away from being out of the NFL. Hardly what we want to base our LB corps on. Lee Evans is not even close to being a top tier rcvr. He's MAYBE in the top 25 in this league on a good day.

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I've sinked to new lows, Mitchell has called me a moron, this is a magical experience for me.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 04:51 PM
I cant believe someone bashes all our top players and yet im getting bashed.

justasportsfan
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't blame Evans one bit. Under this headcoach almost everyone gets the benefit of the doubt.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I cant believe someone bashes all our top players and yet im getting bashed.

its not that, its that you pointlessly attacked him after he clearly spent a good deal of time fleshing out his opinion.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
its not that, its that you pointlessly attacked him after he clearly spent a good deal of time fleshing out his opinion.

Dude, Ive had posts that took me 10 minutes talking about my opinion and everyone bashes me anyways, who gives a **** how much he writes, its stupid.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Dude, Ive had posts that took me 10 minutes talking about my opinion and everyone bashes me anyways, who gives a **** how much he writes, its stupid.

:surrender

keep on bashing posters then....

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 04:59 PM

If you're going to be a puzzlewit, you might as well be a good natured puzzlewit, otherwise you have nothing going for you. I've defended you in the past because I thought you were a good natured puzzlewit, but I guess I was wrong.

Our front office needs to start thinking about the future, cut our losses.

What really has Edwards, Evans & Posluszny done for us? Jackson is obviously a solid back but we could get value, we need to start stockpiling picks for next year, we have tons of holes to fill.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Panthers arent going to trade Stewart because they need picks and there bad, its just not smart. If we trade Evans then we have no WRs next year, why would we trade Pos, have you seen how bad our team looks without him??? The only way I would trade Trent is for Quinn, I dont want picks because all we would get is a 4th rounder.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Panthers arent going to trade Stewart because they need picks and there bad, its just not smart. If we trade Evans then we have no WRs next year, why would we trade Pos, have you seen how bad our team looks without him??? The only way I would trade Trent is for Quinn, I dont want picks because all we would get is a 4th rounder.

i would take a 4th rounder for trent, because at least he wouldnt be our starter then....

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 05:07 PM
i would take a 4th rounder for trent, because at least he wouldnt be our starter then....

I would take a 4th for Trent too, I'd even settle for a 3rd & a 5th for Lee Evans.

trapezeus
10-11-2009, 06:34 PM
i think everyone but the two new guards are available to be switched on the offense. keep nelson. outside that, there is no one who needs to be on this team next year.

i'd all be for trading anyone and everyone, but the thing is if the bills aren't going to get a new scouting department it's for naught.