PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run after the game

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/Hit_and_run_after_the_Bills_game_20091011

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) - Orchard Park Police are investigating a hit and run at Ralph Wilson Stadium after Sunday's Bills game.

The incident occurred shortly after the game ended on Southwestern Boulevard near California Road.

Police said a driver hit two people and then sped off.

An Erie County Sheriff's Deputy was hurt in the incident.

The driver was caught by police shortly after.

Mercy Flight responded to the accident.

Eyewitness reports make it sound pretty bad for at least one of the victims.

Nighthawk
10-11-2009, 06:43 PM
And this is why I can't stand the drunken' morons at the Bills games.

DMBcrew36
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I drove by shortly after, leaving the game. It looked like there had been blood on the pavement. I didn't know what had happened at the time.

JD
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Nighthawk, dont make it sound like its just "drunken idiots at bills games".. its all over the country.

That driver is ****ED.

Nighthawk
Nighthawk, dont make it sound like its just "drunken idiots at bills games".. its all over the country.

That driver is ****ED.

True, but there are a TON of idiots at Bills games on Sundays...it's actually become a joke.

Mitchell55
Ok, Lynch is not aloud to drive anymore. Use the bus

MikeInRoch
10-11-2009, 06:46 PM
As he should be.

DynaPaul
Maybe the driver was so drunk that he thought he saw Jauron and Wilson crossing the street?

Dr. Lecter
Ok, Lynch is not aloud to drive anymore. Use the bus

There are times to make jokes and there are times NOT to make jokes Mitchell.

Stewie
LOL!

too soon?

Nighthawk
10-11-2009, 06:47 PM

This is definitely not the time...hopefully all the victims come out of this OK, but from the sound of it, that might not be the case.

hydro
10-11-2009, 06:48 PM
We park right next to this bridge and it was a mad house. Thurm's bro actually witnessed one guy jump over the bridge to not get hit. Crazy ****. I saw the jeep about 1/4 mile down the road. That driver's life is OVER!

Dr. Lecter

You are preaching to the choir.

Today did not seem as bad as usual, but this guy had to have been bad, especially if one story I read elsewhere was accurate. Basically he was driving around with a flat tire and spun into the sidewalk, knocking one person over a bridge and then he took off again and hit a cop car.

PECKERWOOD
Yeah, he is ****ed.

Maybe he will get 30 days in jail for killing someone.

Mitchell55

Dude, if I didnt do it there would be 5 others doing it. When Lynch hit the girl there was jokes all the time, people are still making jokes about Ralph dieing. What I said was minor

Nighthawk
10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
You are preaching to the choir.

Today did not seem as bad as usual, but this guy had to have been bad, especially if one story I read elsewhere was accurate. Basically he was driving around with a flat tire and spun into the sidewalk, knocking one person over a bridge and then he took off again and hit a cop car.

Crazy...just crazy. You'd think you could actually go to an event and not have to worry about some idiot who doesn't have the sense not to get behind the wheel and drive a vehicle.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 06:51 PM
throw the book at him/her.

Commissioner
10-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Yeah... I was one of the people that dove off the road into the grass. I hope they beat the living $#%^ out of that #$%-hole.... He almost killed dozens of people. He was swirving all the way down Abbot and was on 2 wheels at one point. I thought he drove through a crowd of people but they must of got out of way on time.

Stewie
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
wow that must have been scary

realdealryan
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
We park right next to this bridge and it was a mad house. Thurm's bro actually witnessed one guy jump over the bridge to not get hit. Crazy ****. I saw the jeep about 1/4 mile down the road. That driver's life is OVER!

damn

Bulldog
10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
It was crazy after the game. While waiting for the hit and run accident to clear, some idiot rear ended the car next to us. Do peole even watch where they're going? I was more than happy to get the hell out of there. It was ugly!

hammerbillsfan
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="video" width="640" height="520" data="http://www.wivb.com/video/videoplayer.swf"><param value="http://www.wivb.com/video/videoplayer.swf" name="movie"/><param value="&skin=MP1ExternalAll-MFL.swf&embed=true&adSrc=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fadx%2Flin%2Ewivb%2Fhome%3Bdcmt%3Dtext%2Fxml%3Bpos%3D%3Btile%3D1%3Bfname%3DWIVBHomepage%3Bsz%3D320x240%3Bord%3D435628488681061500%3Frand%3D0%2E23895814235504476&flv=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewivb%2Ecom%2Ffeeds%2FoutboundFeed%3FobfType%3DVIDEO%5FPLAYER%5FSMIL%5FFEED%26componentId%3D20638993&img=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2%2Ewivb%2Ecom%2F%2Fphoto%2F2009%2F10%2F11%2FHit%5Fand%5Frun%5Fafter%5Fthe%5F0cf02b5c%2D9d62%2D4d06%2D8ee0%2D0d4250ac6c170000%5F20091011184714%5F640%5F480%2EJPG&story=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ewivb%2Ecom%2Fdpp%2Fnews%2Fcrime%2FHit%5Fand%5Frun%5Fafter%5Fthe%5FBills%5Fgame%5F20091011" name="FlashVars"/><param value="all" name="allowNetworking"/><param value="always" name="allowScriptAccess"/></object>

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
The driver is so f***ed, it's going to take a week just to get to f***ed

THATHURMANATOR
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah as Hydro said my bro saw a guy jump over a bridge and into the river.......

Hemlepp53
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
That sucks. Hopefully things arent as bad as they seem at the scene. College games are played with a no alcohol sold in the stadium. People need to learn their limits. I do not drink often... maybe twice a year... I know I am a violent drunk... but others swear they can perform open heart surgery drunk... I hate drunks for this reason...

Hopefully they will hammer him in court regardless of the serverity of the injuries inflicted to prove a point and take a stance. No one should fear death at an event they attend for enjoyment...

Then again I do attend the Bills vs. Phins games in Miami each year...

YardRat
10-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Hope everybody ends up ok.

topher180
10-11-2009, 09:00 PM
That sucks. Hopefully things arent as bad as they seem at the scene. College games are played with a no alcohol sold in the stadium. People need to learn their limits. I do not drink often... maybe twice a year... I know I am a violent drunk... but others swear they can perform open heart surgery drunk... I hate drunks for this reason...

Hopefully they will hammer him in court regardless of the serverity of the injuries inflicted to prove a point and take a stance. No one should fear death at an event they attend for enjoyment...

Then again I do attend the Bills vs. Phins games in Miami each year...

I understand what you are trying to say, and I'm with you, but if you know you are a violent drunk, perhaps twice a year is twice to many.

The culture at the Bills games is ridiculous and I have news for you it is not the norm for all the NFL stadiums. The s*** I have seen at games borders insanity, and its that fact, combined with the crap on the field, that keeps me from going anymore. It's a shame and I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

Look, I know how fun tailgating can be and I know that this one donk isn't indicitive of all Bills fans, but if you've ever been to a game I don't seem how this story is a shock, even if it's tragic. People like to think drunk idiots at games are just "part of the gig". So what if there is a dozen fights and people are face down in their own vomit in the mens room? Well I hate to break it to you but....drum roll.....THOSE ARE THE KINDS OF PEOPLE DRIVING DRUNK AFTER THE GAMES!

Unbelievable.

EricStratton
10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
The culture at the Bills games is ridiculous and I have news for you it is not the norm for all the NFL stadiums. The s*** I have seen at games borders insanity, and its that fact, combined with the crap on the field, that keeps me from going anymore. It's a shame and I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

I can't speak for many stadiums but in Jersey for Jets games and in Philly for Eagles games the culture is the same.

People get loaded for 4,5,6 hours before and because traffic is so bad often for 1-2 hours after the game before heading out.

I think it's an NFL thing as much as anything.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2009, 09:18 PM
How come people are not defending the driver like they did Lynch when he did the same exact thing?

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Drinking and driving is mindless stupidity, been there and done that. I think EVERYBODY has done it at one time or another, if you haven't - MAJOR KUDOS.

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 09:20 PM
How come people are not defending the driver like they did Lynch when he did the same exact thing?

:bigwave:

Wasn't it you and I who proposed trading Lynch?

TacklingDummy
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
:bigwave:

Wasn't it you and I who proposed trading Lynch?
He should have spent at least 1 year in jail for it.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 09:22 PM
They both deserve long jail sentences. Idiots...

Hopefully the victims are ok, if somebody sees an update on the 11:00 news, please update the thread.

G Wolly
10-11-2009, 09:23 PM

Because he failed to hit a Canadian?

G Wolly

I park in the grass lot right next to that road too. We got back to the car and saw about 4 or 5 ambulances, several cop cars and a blue truck.

Judging from all the action, I truly thought someone was killed.

Dr. Lecter

Ummm....

Because they are not the exact same thing and not many people defended Lynch.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Ummm....

Because they are not the exact same thing and not many people defended Lynch.

They weren't both hit & runs? How come people are assuming the driver was drinking? Wouldn't it be safe to assume Lynch was drinking also when he plowed over someone so early in the morning?

Yes they did.

EricStratton
10-11-2009, 09:47 PM
They weren't both hit & runs? How come people are assuming the driver was drinking? Wouldn't it be safe to assume Lynch was drinking also when he plowed over someone so early in the morning?

Yes they did.

It looks like this guy hit (or plowed into if that helps) 6 people and Lynch hit a woman hard enough to not send her to the hospital.

I think there is a difference although Lynch still screwed up.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
It looks like this guy hit (or plowed into if that helps) 6 people and Lynch hit a woman hard enough to not send her to the hospital.

How did he know she wasn't laying there dying and if he would have stayed and called for help she would have lived? Hindsight after the fact doesn't justify what he did.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Nice unsigned neg rep saying"idiot" I received for making this comment. Grow a sack.

LtFinFan66
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
yeah, he's ****ed

Police say the driver, 19-year-old Brandon McLean of Williamsville, tried to flee again and then fought with officers. He's facing DWI and other charges.
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/63972522.html

SeatownBillsFan21
10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Well im glad i was in Seattle and wasn't there.Lookms pretty bad hope everyone is ok

hydro
10-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I know I will be paying a little more attention in the parking lots now. Some people are just to stupid for their own good.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2009, 10:01 PM
yeah, he's ****ed

As he should be.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
UPDATE:

Driver guilty in hit-and-runs after Bills game

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A western New York man told a judge he was smoking marijuana and drinking in a stadium parking lot during a Buffalo Bills game before speeding away in his Jeep and injuring seven people, including four law enforcement officers.

Brandon McLean pleaded guilty in state Supreme Court Thursday to aggravated vehicular assault, reckless endangerment, assault and driving while impaired.

The 19-year-old from the Buffalo suburb of Williamsville could get up to 28 years in prison and be fined $17,000 for the Oct. 11 series of hit-and-runs.

Authorities say McLean first struck a sheriff’s deputy who was directing traffic, then two pedestrians and a telephone pole before fighting with arresting officers. A teenager got hurt jumping out of the way.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/driver_guilty_in_hit_and_runs_after_BTuaeJwSYdetMZHuomTycN#ixzz0YgtG9t4z

YaY, let's make pot legal. :crazy:

OpIv37
12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes because pot being illegal CLEARLY stops people from using it...

TacklingDummy
12-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Yes because pot being illegal CLEARLY stops people from using it...
NO, but it would make it more accessible and things like this would happen more often.

trapezeus
12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
i don't know if that's the case. if it was legal, it'd get regulated and probably watered down...and then taxed.

but the point of the thread about the douchebag who did this. plus he was also drunk. no one is talking about making drinking illegal.

i hope he gets the full 28. being irresponible and chaning other peoples lives and running from it is pretty awful.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
i don't know if that's the case. if it was legal, it'd get regulated and probably watered down...and then taxed.

The government probably makes more in fines they give people for possession than they would in tax revenue. The Indians would sell it tax free, so in reality the government would probably lose money if they made it legal.

trapezeus
12-03-2009, 10:41 PM
if they treated pot like aminor offense to inner city youth, you'd probably be right. but they jail a lot of people for pot. they probably lose money.

for full disclosure, i've never done a drug in my life. but i think between alcohol and pot, the effects from abuse are worse from alcohol. drunk driving kills people. i don't think that pot abuse has so many secondary injuries.

it ain't good, but put it in its actual place.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2009, 10:52 PM
if they treated pot like aminor offense to inner city youth, you'd probably be right. but they jail a lot of people for pot. they probably lose money.

Seldom does anyone get jailed for possessing pot. It's usually an appearance ticket which leads to a fine. $$$$

Unlawful Possession of Marijuana

The most common charge we see is Unlawful Possession of Marijuana (UPM - Penal Law 221.05) for possession of less than 25 grams (about 7/8 of an ounce) of marijuana. This is a violation - it is not a crime. While the law does allow for jail time, you usually will pay a fine of $100 plus a surcharge of another $100.

If it was legal how many joints would they have to sell to have tax revenue of $200 a pop?

Dr. Lecter
12-04-2009, 05:52 AM
NO, but it would make it more accessible and things like this would happen more often.

Do you think alcohol should be illegal?

mybills
12-04-2009, 06:11 AM
How do you "water down" pot?

hydro
12-04-2009, 07:08 AM
The government probably makes more in fines they give people for possession than they would in tax revenue. The Indians would sell it tax free, so in reality the government would probably lose money if they made it legal.
You have no clue what you are talking about with no numbers to back it up.

Do you factor in the money spent to track down pot smokers and dealers? It is a waste of our law enforcements time. They should be out looking for more harden criminals than someone smoking a joint.

Stewie
12-04-2009, 07:15 AM
UPDATE:

Driver guilty in hit-and-runs after Bills game

BUFFALO, N.Y. — A western New York man told a judge he was smoking marijuana and drinking in a stadium parking lot during a Buffalo Bills game before speeding away in his Jeep and injuring seven people, including four law enforcement officers.

Brandon McLean pleaded guilty in state Supreme Court Thursday to aggravated vehicular assault, reckless endangerment, assault and driving while impaired.

The 19-year-old from the Buffalo suburb of Williamsville could get up to 28 years in prison and be fined $17,000 for the Oct. 11 series of hit-and-runs.

Authorities say McLean first struck a sheriff’s deputy who was directing traffic, then two pedestrians and a telephone pole before fighting with arresting officers. A teenager got hurt jumping out of the way.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/driver_guilty_in_hit_and_runs_after_BTuaeJwSYdetMZHuomTycN#ixzz0YgtG9t4z

YaY, let's make pot legal. :crazy:

agreed. he also used a car, alcohol, deodorant, clothing and sneakers to commit that crime. ban all those too.

yordad
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
The government probably makes more in fines they give people for possession than they would in tax revenue. The Indians would sell it tax free, so in reality the government would probably lose money if they made it legal.This is sosooooooosososos far from true. I don't even know where to start. I can't even believe you typed this. We spend billions just to house people in jail for possession of a plant.

DraftBoy
12-04-2009, 07:47 AM
For the record you have to possess over an ounce of pot on your person usually to go to jail for it.

That's the standard basically. So anybody who gets busted with a joint isn't going to jail for it. Unless its a repeat offender with a history of other stuff.

yordad
12-04-2009, 07:52 AM
For the record you have to possess over an ounce of pot on your person usually to go to jail for it.

That's the standard basically. So anybody who gets busted with a joint isn't going to jail for it. Unless its a repeat offender with a history of other stuff.The law is not the same in every state. Many states will jail you. If you are caught smoking it in public, it is a crime. If you have a bowl to smoke it, that is a crime. Over an once, a crime. Helping out a friend and finding him a bag, a felony (sometimes). Getting caught with under an ounce twice, a crime. Growing a plant, a crime.

yordad
12-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Those that think pot should be illegal (while worse things are perfectly legal) are probably as ignorant as the first drug czar that fought to have it banned becasue it turn the degenerate races into mindless killing zombies, and because it caused white women to seek the company of black men.

Did you realize that is why it is banned?? Because some powerful, rich, self-righteous, ignorant, old, insecure, prejudiced, white dude 80 years ago didn't want his daughter to hump a black man.