PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards Presser

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
His comment on the last question asked to me is the most disrespectful thing a player could say. He has disrespected the organization and its fans.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Trent-Edwards-Post-Game-Press-Conference/646ca455-3312-4fb8-bd92-9dce25170ab1

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
For those of us who can't watch the video at the moment, can you please post what he said?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-11-2009, 08:44 PM
For those of us who can't watch the video at the moment, can you please post what he said?

He was asked from a fans perspective what did you think of your performance? He replied " I'm not a Bills fan. I'm just the QB here".

HHURRICANE
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
He was asked from a fans perspective what did you think of your performance? He replied " I'm not a Bills fan. I'm just the QB here".

Really? He said that?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Really? He said that?

Yes and I can't get over it. I know Fitz is not the answer, but he should be benched for saying this imo.

BillsWin
What a loser. Get that piece of **** off the field and his skeleton boss too. He doesn't deserve to put on that uniform. Captain Checkdown is a compliment. I would call him Captain Cluster****, much more accurate.

Boomstick
Um, thats just his way of saying "I can't answer that question because I don't know what the fan perspective is, I play here".
May not like him, but its not disrespectful.
Its not like he said "I hate it here and I hate the fans"

Chewytie
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
**** That

Aliceinchainsbills15
Yea thats kind of screwed up on what he said.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
"I'm not a Bills Fan, I'm a bills player.. ."

SpillerThrills
10-11-2009, 08:49 PM
no, he said:

I'm not a Bills fan, I'm a football player here. I'm a Bills player so I can't really answer that question.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
ive noticed the deutchbag wont take any blame. he couldve said "yeah, the fans had a right to boo with the way we played, we need to pick up our game," but he didnt. he refuses to own it, and accept the way hes been playing. always looking to divert the tough questions. no backbone.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Man, you guys sound like ESPN. Taking context out to make him look bad.

Coach Sal
10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
He said nothing wrong.

He's not paid to wave pom-poms.

He's paid to win football games.

Unfortunately, he doesn't do either.

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
well that changes some things, but I still think he is a grade A schmo.

Electrici
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
He probably shouldn't have said that, as it can be construed many different ways. I'm not going to read too much into it, other people however......

malo
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Um, thats just his way of saying "I can't answer that question because I don't know what the fan perspective is, I play here".

Agreed. Man some of you are too sensitive.

What bothers me is that he says they execute well in practice. Well perhaps Dick's practices are too soft.

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
He's not paid to wave pom-poms.

no, but he can admit the fans had a right to be upset. he always acts and pretends like nothings wrong, and its an insult to the intelligence of the fans.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
no, but he can admit the fans had a right to be upset. he always acts and pretends like nothings wrong, and its an insult to the intelligence of the fans.

I think its the organization. Chris Brown cant say anything, Jauron doesnt say anything, Owens and Lynch never even talk anymore. They are the organizations *****.

Coach Sal
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
....he always acts and pretends like nothings wrong....

Yes, he is very programmed.

I've said that from the first few games he ever started.

He goes out of his way to stay football-PC. It's always been frustrating for me.

topher180
10-11-2009, 09:09 PM

Absolutely. While the exact context of what he said can be disputed, he still comes off as indifferent to the fan base at large. He is a captain and the QB of an NFL team. He doesn't have to fly off the handle, but he should at least make it seem like he cares. If you don't believe that, your intelligence can't be insulted because you have very little, I'm sorry. Own it and act like you mean it, d***.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I think this whole team his in need of a vaginal cleansing.

This is the biggest bunch of pussies I've ever seen.

Philagape
10-11-2009, 09:15 PM

Message board fans overreacting??? Automatically taking the most negative interpretation??? Noooooo!!!!!!

unpaid_bills
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM

What bothers me is that he says they execute well in practice. Well perhaps Dick's practices are too soft.

Everyone "looks good in practice"
I honestly dont see Edwards developing into much, he just is missing the field moxy and swagger. He defintely looks gun shy (ie all the checkdowns) and isnt playing with much confidence. Kind of reminds me of JP a few years back he put together some nice games then things just regressed and spiraled down to the point he couldnt even play. Edwards seems to have a very fragile personality.

G Wolly
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
My fan-hood for Trent is slowly withering away whether it be due to the coaches or just his gameplay.

Him ducking this question made me lose respect for him honestly. The question was "If you were a fan, would you have booed them?"

He has to step up and say "Yes, and I deserve most of it. Along with my head coach."

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
He didn't say anything wrong, but there were about 10 better ways to answer that question. Bills PR team needs to work with him a little more.

trapezeus
10-11-2009, 10:07 PM
ive noticed the deutchbag wont take any blame. .
So trent's german? :-)

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
So trent's german? :-)

hahah i knew it was wrong when i was typing it but i was getting worked up and didnt want to bother with spell check.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Well he is right he isn't a fan, he is a player.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Well he is right he isn't a fan, he is a player.

it was a figurative question, but he chose to answer it literally because he didnt want to address the situation.

TigerJ
10-12-2009, 10:33 AM
This is not to defend Edwards, but I think everyone in the organization is feeling all kinds of pressure. It was not a gracious answer, but he's got to be feeling like something the dog brought home and left on the back step in a rain storm. The question was essentially asking him to take the fan's perspective and heap some more crap on himself. Yes, he should have said, "The fans are not very happy right now with me or the team and they are completely justified in that feeling. I'm not very happy with myself right now."

I'll give him a pass on an ungracious comment made in the midst of his frustration. I don't give him a pass on his crappy play. I would be surprised if he is the Bills QB next season. He's certainly not earning it.

Griff
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
are all of you fans of your company, or do you just work there?

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I just work there. I could give 2 ****s about my company really.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 11:05 AM

bad analogy, the NFL is slightly different from a desk job.

G Wolly
10-12-2009, 01:40 PM

Judging by the avatar, you're gonna defend Trent and his gorgeous surfer boy hair until the end.

I liked him before the start of this season. But enough is enough. He's garbage.

Griff
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
bad analogy, the NFL is slightly different from a desk job.

not really, you go to work to achieve a goal, same as Trent.

Griff
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Judging by the avatar, you're gonna defend Trent and his gorgeous surfer boy hair until the end.

I liked him before the start of this season. But enough is enough. He's garbage.

I bet after week 2 you thought he was still pretty good. People like you are the reason why we can't develop a QB here. You want a winner today, but you seem to forget or didn't even know that even the great Jim Kelly was pretty bad his first couple years.

Nighthawk
10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Anybody see his interview today? This guy makes me want to punch him in the face...what a *****! I'm starting to have little patience for this guy.

JD
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM

:zapper:

THAT IS WHAT HE MEANT. He wouldn't disrespect us and mean it, just a poor choice of words that as usual...are being misconstrued.

G Wolly
10-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I bet after week 2 you thought he was still pretty good. People like you are the reason why we can't develop a QB here. You want a winner today, but you seem to forget or didn't even know that even the great Jim Kelly was pretty bad his first couple years.

Except that Jim Kelly played better than Trent did in his first 2 years.

In Kelly's first 2 seasons he threw for over 6,000 yards, 41 TD, and 28 INTs.

Trent's first 2 seasons playing 4 games less than Jim = Just over 4,000 yards, 18 TD, and 18 INTs.

Trent's problem is that he doesn't go downfield. He relies on checkdowns and passes into the flat to Lynch or Jackson.

I'm not entirely blaming Trent for the plays called, thats on AVP.

But when trent has 5+ seconds in the pocket and he either takes a sack or throws a checkdown pass, he needs to leave.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
i wish one of the reporters would have thrown a chair at him. that would have been great. he sucks and should not be a starting qb. i can't believe this pussy had the gonads to say jauron has this team heading in the right direction. i almost puked in my lap.

topher180
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Are you kidding me? Do you know how ignorant that sounds? Blaming the fans for the team's inability to develop a quarterback? Right, because this fan base, or fans in general, have so much stroke. If it were that simple, "we" would have fired Dick Jauron a lllooonnnggg time ago.

No, Trent Edwards is another in a long line of seemingly promising, yet inevitably underwhelming QBs in the post-Kelly era. It's alwayssomething. J.P. Losman: oh, he has a great long ball and is an excellent athelete. Too bad he makes poor decisions. Trent Edwards: Wow, what a smart cookie, and he's so accurate. Too bad he's an injury prone, passionless, sissy, who checks down as if he could win a gold medal in it or something. That Rob Johnson, he.....err...summ..s.bad example.

No friend, we, of all freaking people, are NOT the reason we can't develop a QB here.

Sit...down...