PDA

View Full Version : Optimist thread

northernbillfan
10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Usually after an ugly loss like today I try to start a thread about remaining optimistic. I like to lift spirits in down times like these by showing how the Bills are good and how other teams are worse.

Well this week and this season I can't do that. Sorry, but this version of the Bills is pretty pathetic and I can't find anything optimistic to say or write about.

I'm far from cashing in my fan card as I would NEVER do something like that, but I don't feel the desire to watch every down of every game. I don't even feel like wearing any Bills gear.

I'm sorry it's gotten to this point, but this team really let me down this year even though I wasn't expecting much of a season. There is no silver lining on this dark cloud that hangs over Bills Nation!

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
the worse it gets now, the quicker we start over and (hopefully) get better.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Optomist- Byrds great, 2 completions, and Owens looked good. Marshawn looks alright............. well thats it.

Billz_fan
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
We Bills fans should be prescribed medical grade marijuana.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM
we haven't been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs..... yet. :couch:

Dr. Pepper
10-11-2009, 08:56 PM

at least for sunday afternoons.

SABURZFAN
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM

i could use a doober after what i saw.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
We wouldn't be on this site if we weren't fans but who can blame you?

The Buffalo News essentially accused Ralph of giving up before the season began and they were right.

We have injuries galore, an o-line that can't block, a QB that apparantley can't can't find a WR if his life depended on it, loser coach, loser coordinators, loser owner.

Honestly, we are years away from being any good even if we brought Polian back tommorrow. By that time I suspect the team will be gone.

I will make it my life's mission to trash Ralph Wilson every chance I get.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I think we need a thread apologiesing to HH. He was 100% right about Trent and Peters.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I think we need a thread apologiesing to HH. He was 100% right about Trent and Peters.

I wasn't right about Trent. But Peters was one of the biggest mistakes in Bills history along with Winfield and Williams.

Mitchell55
10-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I wasn't right about Trent. But Peters was one of the biggest mistakes in Bills history along with Winfield and Williams.

I thought you didnt like Trent? Wow, im slow.

HHURRICANE
10-11-2009, 09:08 PM
I thought you didnt like Trent? Wow, im slow.

I own up to my mistakes. Others don't around here. Truthfully Edwards was cooked here the minute they didn't resign Peters and decided to dismantle the line.

I still think he can play just not here.

PECKERWOOD
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Things to be optimistic about:

- Dick Jauron getting fired soon.

- Trent Edwards getting benched.

- Ralph Wilson dying soon.

- (thinks hardly for a few moments but draws a blank)

sdbillsfan2
10-11-2009, 09:28 PM

Sorry , not funny . I'm not a fan but that was rude .

MassEffect218435
10-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I think we need a thread apologiesing to HH. He was 100% right about Trent and Peters.Anyone with half a brain knew that letting Peters go was a huge mistake. How the team justified not paying him two years ago is beyond me.

YardRat
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Another 'realist' is born.

Welcome to the 'dark side'.

Al the Bills Fan
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
After watching that sad excuse of a game...my spirits couls not be "lifted" with a crane

northernbillfan
10-12-2009, 12:26 AM
We Bills fans should be prescribed medical grade marijuana.:smoke:

northernbillfan
10-12-2009, 12:27 AM
we haven't been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs..... yet. :couch::up:

northernbillfan
10-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Another 'realist' is born.

Welcome to the 'dark side'.It's pretty glum over here

Syderick
10-12-2009, 12:29 AM
The Bills could always hire a proven HC and turn this season around.

northernbillfan
10-12-2009, 12:29 AM
- Ralph Wilson dying soon.That's not nice at all. Ralph should enjoy a SB ring before he passes.

northernbillfan
10-12-2009, 12:30 AM
The Bills could always hire a proven HC and turn this season around.:pray:

Discotrish
10-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Sorry , not funny . I'm not a fan but that was rude .

Well if you're in San Diego, you may not have much longer, either. (If south dakota never mind!)

From a Bills perspective this is the right year for the End Times to break out. Lucky us!

Patti

sdbillsfan2
10-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Well if you're in San Diego, you may not have much longer, either. (If south dakota never mind!)

From a Bills perspective this is the right year for the End Times to break out. Lucky us!

Patti

What has my being a Bills fan from San Diego have to do with a poor attempt at humor about Ralph dying?

Discotrish
10-12-2009, 01:13 AM
What has my being a Bills fan from San Diego have to do with a poor attempt at humor about Ralph dying?

The Quake.

Doesn't Barbra Streisand's house look ready to slide right into the ocean?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c3/Barbrahouse1.jpg/250px-Barbrahouse1.jpg

At least Ralph has lived a good long life with great seats.

Patti

jamze132
10-12-2009, 01:14 AM
Usually after an ugly loss like today I try to start a thread about remaining optimistic. I like to lift spirits in down times like these by showing how the Bills are good and how other teams are worse.

Well this week and this season I can't do that. Sorry, but this version of the Bills is pretty pathetic and I can't find anything optimistic to say or write about.

I'm far from cashing in my fan card as I would NEVER do something like that, but I don't feel the desire to watch every down of every game. I don't even feel like wearing any Bills gear.

I'm sorry it's gotten to this point, but this team really let me down this year even though I wasn't expecting much of a season. There is no silver lining on this dark cloud that hangs over Bills Nation!
Cheer up, it's the end of the Jauron era in Buffalo!

Mike
10-12-2009, 05:21 AM
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
I wasn't right about Trent. But Peters was one of the biggest mistakes in Bills history along with Winfield and Williams./QUOTE

I was against the Peters trade from the beginning, but in a way it was not a mistake. The Bills KNEW that this would not work out (Peters being Traded and having a second tier player fill his role) but were okay with it. I think the Bills brass knew exactly what they were doing, and what it would lead (this ****ty o-line) and did it anyway. I think that it was totally intentional!!!

The only people that were fooled, even for a minute, into thinking that this was an okay move that lead to good things were extremely gullible Bills fans. The FO reasoning for moving Peters was monetary. Our whole ****ty o-line makes less money than he does!

Anyway, this is what they wanted, and they got what they pad for...

Mike
10-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by HHURRICANE

I was against the Peters trade from the beginning, but in a way it was not a mistake. The Bills KNEW that this would not work out (Peters being Traded and having a second tier player fill his role) but were okay with it. I think the Bills brass knew exactly what they were doing, and what it would lead (this ****ty o-line) and did it anyway. I think that it was totally intentional!!!

The only people that were fooled, even for a minute, into thinking that this was an okay move that lead to good things were extremely gullible Bills fans. The FO reasoning for moving Peters was monetary. Our whole ****ty o-line makes less money than he does!

Anyway, this is what they wanted, and they got what they pad for...

northernbillfan
10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Cheer up, it's the end of the Jauron era in Buffalo!I try to find optimism in the darkest of days, but even this isn't helping lift my spirits.

Ground Chuck
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
I think we'll look back on this draft as one of our best ones ever (except for Maybin - not impressed)

Wood and Byrd are going to be really good. I think Levitre will be ok, but he's the guy they seem to attack in the middle.

sdbillsfan2
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
The Quake.

Doesn't Barbra Streisand's house look ready to slide right into the ocean?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c3/Barbrahouse1.jpg/250px-Barbrahouse1.jpg

At least Ralph has lived a good long life with great seats.

Patti

That's north of LA. The San Andreas fault doesn't reach this far! lol

jamze132
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
I try to find optimism in the darkest of days, but even this isn't helping lift my spirits.
...a good mosh pit? :idunno:

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM
That's not nice at all. Ralph should enjoy a SB ring before he passes.

The only way that happens is if he gets another Polian type GM in here and walks away from doing anything except sitting in his owners box looking comatose.

OpIv37
10-13-2009, 05:25 PM

trent edwards getting benched isn't something to be optimistic about. His backup is Rory ****ing Fitzpatrick. At best, that's a push.

northernbillfan
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
...a good mosh pit? :idunno:That gets rid of pent up aggression.

northernbillfan
10-15-2009, 12:29 PM
The only way that happens is if he gets another Polian type GM in here and walks away from doing anything except sitting in his owners box looking comatose.How true, how true indeed.

SABURZFAN
10-15-2009, 12:49 PM

you're 0-3 so far. :ill: