PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to the Kansas City game?

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I was going to go with some friends from work, and even an old college buddy of mine was going to fly to KC from LA where he works now to hang and watch the Bills play the Chiefs.

I am having second thoughts.

For one, I have heard that Chiefs fans are insane, nasty and brutal individuals. Normally, this would be a plus. As alcohol often times makes those situations interesting and fun. However, if the Bills are in a state of flux come Dec. 13th, is it worth the trip and money to get heckled and things thrown at (as I heard happened last season.), or is it not even worth the trouble?

Second, will the Bills even make the game fun and interesting? I mean, if the Bills' offense plays as abysmal as it has the past few weeks I don't think that makes for an exciting game. I really wouldnt mind losing (I'd like to win but this season is pretty much done.), it is just the way we have been losing.

and third, this will be an expensive trip. We are all getting tickets that are over $150. We wanted to have good tickets and be able to see. We are also all pitching in money for road beers (Got to pre-tailgate.), food, alcohol, beer for the game and gas. Plus hotel room. (We are heading down that Saturday and hitting the bars prior to the game. Spending the night. Then waking up early to tailgate.)

Sure it sounds like a good time and I miss my friend who is thinking of flying in, but I got to tell you, if the Bills are going to play like this all year and at KC, is it even worth the trouble?

So what do you think? As fellow Bills fans, I respect your opinions on this matter.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Well i am in the same boat but coming to Buffalo from Seattle and looking for tickets to the Fins game. l love the Bills as you do so yeah i would go. I am.

Billz_fan
10-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Im sorry bro, but stay away. If your contemplating going then money isn't an issue. However why waste it on such a sad excuse for a football team. Especially on the road.

If you want to go to a game find that weeks primo matchup and spend the money on that :laughter:

Seriously, bad football. I would not am not spending 1 more dollar on anything Bills related untill we get some kind of message from this team that winning matters at all anymore.

We love them, let them show us a little.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Im planning on going to the Bills game in Atlanta regardless of how much we suck, and we are almost sure to get crushed there.

Joe Fo Sho
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Im planning on going to the Bills game in Atlanta regardless of how much we suck, and we are almost sure to get crushed there.

Haha, have fun with that one, bud.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Haha, have fun with that one, bud.

I live for pain and torture quite clearly.

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM
hey Billz fan, I see what you are saying and that is my one fear. I'm not wanting to spend some serious dough to watch another suck fest like the one that happened today.

That wasn't football. That was a travesty.

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM

good point.

Billz_fan
10-11-2009, 10:13 PM
hey Billz fan, I see what you are saying and that is my one fear. I'm not wanting to spend some serious dough to watch another suck fest like the one that happened today.

That wasn't football. That was a travesty.

In the end you'll do what you feel is best. They got some awesome BBQ in KC to so that might make me go :up:

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 10:14 PM
In the end you'll do what you feel is best. They got some awesome BBQ in KC to so that might make me go :up:

Trying food in a city that is foreign to you is always fun.

Thurmal
10-11-2009, 10:15 PM
It'll be a cool tailgating experience and one of the best stadiums to watch an NFL game. I'd definitely go. Remember, there's always alcohol.

ArcticWildMan
10-11-2009, 10:16 PM
If it was a home game for us, I'd say no. It's about time us fans show our displeasure and the best way is to hit Ralph where it hurts...in lost stadium revenue and local TV advertising lost by not selling out games. Since it's an away game, why not? It would be fun to check out another team's stadium.

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
If it was a home game for us, I'd say no. It's about time us fans show our displeasure and the best way is to hit Ralph where it hurts...in stadium revenue and local TV advertising. Since it's an away game, why not? It would be fun to check out another team's stadium.

That is true. Away games are always fun because YOU are the enemy. You can always find a group of friendly opposing fans and get drunk with them. Makes for good memories. I am definetly leaning towards going just for the food, booze, experience and the fact that it is an away game.

BillsWin
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
It'll be a cool tailgating experience and one of the best stadiums to watch an NFL game. I'd definitely go. Remember, there's always alcohol.

A shabby, vagrant of a man who is clearly emotionally disturbed and depressed as if he has seen a lifetime of disappointment sits down at a bar and orders a shot.

The bartender poors a small shot.

The poor man says,

"Hey buddy, I am a Bills fan. Make it a double... Better yet, leave the bottle."