PDA

View Full Version : Pain and agony of being a Bills fan.....

Dr. Lecter
10-11-2009, 10:14 PM
For 30 + years, I have been a rabid Bills fan. Longer than many (and probably most) on these boards, but not as long as some (gotta remember the old guys like Historian, HH, gameboy and Jan!). Through though those years I have seen good and bad. I have watched Jim Kelly at quarterback and Bruce Mathison at quarterback. I have seen Ricky Moore at RB and Thurman. Marv Levy and Hank Bullough. Jim Kelly's dive into the endzone and wide right.

But, dammit, this past 12 or so months have been brutal on one's patience. So many mistakes. So many bad losses. The Monday night choke jobs to Dallas, Cleveland and New England. The last two weeks. Seeing this team be able to sign Evans and McGee, only to lose Peters (note: not all their fault). Watching Edwards lose all confidence and regress terribly. Watching the special teams become average. Watching Jauron keep his job. Watching Juaron on the sidelines. The signing of TO was a temporary high, only to be brought back down to Earth as he looks disinterested and the team around him incompetent.

Today though, was something else. I went to games during the 2-14 seasons. While I was much younger in those days, I still remember seeing bad football, But, overall, today's game might be the ugliest. Neither team is worth a damn. 9 false start penalties on one team???? The other team completes 2 of 17 passes for 23 yards???? 9 combined points, 3 of which came on a 20 yard drive???? Had Parrish not flubbed the punt, this game might have ended 3-3.

Both teams need to be blown up and it needs to start anew. There a small number of players the Bills need to keep (although I do think the lasttwo drafts have produced a couple of them). But they need to start over again. Littman can stay. The rest can go. Bring in new coaches. Maybe keep April. I think Studesvile has actually done well with the RBs and can stay. The rest can go.

All I know is after sitting through that debacle today, in the wind and cold, it can depress anybody.

trapezeus
10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
The bills should put together a nice gift basket of free stuff to season ticket holders for paying for this. literally 1 offensive TD in 3 weeks? Really. even the lions did better than that in their 0-17 run.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-11-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah i agree this whole thing stinks we need to start over i only fear that once we have it all in place the team would be moved and that would kiil me.

TacklingDummy
10-11-2009, 10:21 PM
All this is going to do is make winning that much sweeter whenever it does happen.

I'd rather have Alex Mack instead of Maybin.

DraftBoy
10-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Id also say Smith (DL coach) can stay as well as Schobel looks re-energized and both Kelsay and Denney appear to be getting it.

Meathead
10-11-2009, 10:30 PM
whew. for a sec there i thought this was one of those 'im finished' rants. my whole world woulda collapsed

i hate to say this because i dont want to come off as that 'i knew it' guy but i honestly felt like this is the kind of game it was going to be. i was at church at 12:45 and usually i make a beeline for the door to get home in time to see the game, but today i didnt even bother, i just stood around and chatted, not getting back here until middle of the second

ok, i didnt know it would be 6-3 bad, but i knew it was going to be seriously ugly. last week just looked like it was a dead team walking, everyone knew that it was just a matter of time until dick was gone and they were going thru the motions. that kind of team is never going to rebound

i was hoping i was wrong but deep down i knew i wasnt. this is a condemned team and you could tell that last week

trapezeus
10-11-2009, 10:37 PM
i knew this was going to be a dud too.

i had my sister's show to attend at 3 and left at halftime knowing that i wasn't missing anything.

I am going to just enjoy how bad the 2009 bills are going to be. i have a feeling it'll be a while until we see a year's worth of badness like this again

capitolneal
10-11-2009, 11:44 PM
this was BY far the worst loss in yrs I actually got sick...... we lack the knowledge on how to win top to bottom there is no swagger on this team I thought TO would bring it but somewhere between here and dallas he lost his balls!!

mysticsoto
10-12-2009, 12:01 AM
whew. for a sec there i thought this was one of those 'im finished' rants. my whole world woulda collapsed

i hate to say this because i dont want to come off as that 'i knew it' guy but i honestly felt like this is the kind of game it was going to be. i was at church at 12:45 and usually i make a beeline for the door to get home in time to see the game, but today i didnt even bother, i just stood around and chatted, not getting back here until middle of the second

ok, i didnt know it would be 6-3 bad, but i knew it was going to be seriously ugly. last week just looked like it was a dead team walking, everyone knew that it was just a matter of time until dick was gone and they were going thru the motions. that kind of team is never going to rebound

i was hoping i was wrong but deep down i knew i wasnt. this is a condemned team and you could tell that last week

Not me. I really felt like we were going to blow them out. I mean, what happened? We played fantastic against the Patriots (even though we lost). We were pumped, ready, with a solid plan.

I really don't see what the plan even is each game lately...and b'cse Trent is no longer accurate, it really doesn't matter. We have Evans and TO - fantastic WRs, but we rarely get them the ball. When we try, Trent is usually off the mark. We are completely undisciplined in play such that we get penalties in almost every drive that ends up killing it b'cse we aren't good enough to overcome them. STs used to help the offense and now they ensure atleast 1 penalty each game and are the highest penalized STs in the NFL. Defense tries their damnest to keep the game close, but gets no help whatsoever from anyone else and are usually on the field way too long.

All things point to one thing - Jauron. There is no other explanation. The talent level on this team is not that bad. The coaching is clueless as to how to get the best of it though. We will continue to suffer while Jauron is coach. Nothing else can be said or done about it except to let Ralph know how we feel. Writers (Pat, and everyone else) do your job - slam Ralph for not doing anything about it and everyone stop purchasing game tickets and/or Bills paraphernalia. We need to send Ralph a msg that even his senile ass will understand!

Oaf
10-12-2009, 12:06 AM

I interrupted conversations all over church to try and get the fam to the bar by 1. :(

don137
10-12-2009, 05:38 AM
The thing that is truly sad is the city of Buffalo lives and breathes Bills football. To have a team that truly shows it really does not care one bit about winning show any emotion is truly heartbreaking. It truly has become a waste of time and money to see this product yet we will still watch every Sunday because we live and breathe Bills football and can not change who we are.

Just look at this organization. While there are many important parts I would say to be successful an organization needs a good owner, GM, head coach and QB (i.e. Patriots, Steelers, etc.). The Bills however have probably one of the bottom five in each category for the last 10 years. That truly is not easy to do but some how the Bills have accomplished that feat.

Typ0
10-12-2009, 05:50 AM
You went to a game during a 2-14 season yesterday too. I was telling people at my girls birthday party yesterday that I wouldn't have to even watch this crap much longer because I'm 150 miles away from the stadium and am in the blackout area. I don't think they believed me but it's true. The NFL and the Bills are pathetic.

QUOTE=Dr.Lecter]For 30 + years, I have been a rabid Bills fan. Longer than many (and probably most) on these boards, but not as long as some (gotta remember the old guys like Historian, HH, gameboy and Jan!). Through though those years I have seen good and bad. I have watched Jim Kelly at quarterback and Bruce Mathison at quarterback. I have seen Ricky Moore at RB and Thurman. Marv Levy and Hank Bullough. Jim Kelly's dive into the endzone and wide right.

But, dammit, this past 12 or so months have been brutal on one's patience. So many mistakes. So many bad losses. The Monday night choke jobs to Dallas, Cleveland and New England. The last two weeks. Seeing this team be able to sign Evans and McGee, only to lose Peters (note: not all their fault). Watching Edwards lose all confidence and regress terribly. Watching the special teams become average. Watching Jauron keep his job. Watching Juaron on the sidelines. The signing of TO was a temporary high, only to be brought back down to Earth as he looks disinterested and the team around him incompetent.

Today though, was something else. I went to games during the 2-14 seasons. While I was much younger in those days, I still remember seeing bad football, But, overall, today's game might be the ugliest. Neither team is worth a damn. 9 false start penalties on one team???? The other team completes 2 of 17 passes for 23 yards???? 9 combined points, 3 of which came on a 20 yard drive???? Had Parrish not flubbed the punt, this game might have ended 3-3.

Both teams need to be blown up and it needs to start anew. There a small number of players the Bills need to keep (although I do think the lasttwo drafts have produced a couple of them). But they need to start over again. Littman can stay. The rest can go. Bring in new coaches. Maybe keep April. I think Studesvile has actually done well with the RBs and can stay. The rest can go.

All I know is after sitting through that debacle today, in the wind and cold, it can depress anybody.[/QUOTE]

Historian
10-12-2009, 07:45 AM
At least the 2-14 teams were entertaining. They had little talent, because everyone bolted to the USFL.

Essentially, they stunk, and they knew it. ...but they at least tried. They scored TDs. They just gave up more.

This team is as putrid as I have ever seen, because there is talent at the skill positions. Its just completely mis-managed.

This team is pretty darn close to 1971. Unbelievable that it could be that way with free agency, but there it is.

Jan Reimers
10-12-2009, 08:10 AM
At least the 2-14 teams were entertaining. They had little talent, because everyone bolted to the USFL.

Essentially, they stunk, and they knew it. ...but they at least tried. They scored TDs. They just gave up more.

This team is as putrid as I have ever seen, because there is talent at the skill positions. Its just completely mis-managed.

This team is pretty darn close to 1971. Unbelievable that it could be that way with free agency, but there it is.
I said some of the same things while watching yesterday. There is no excitement and no entertainment value in watching this team. It's so pathetic that I don't even get upset anymore.

I just sit and wait for the next penalty, poorly executed play, 4 yard pass when we need 6 yards, and the final game killing mistake. And I'm never disappointed.

DynaPaul
10-12-2009, 08:46 AM
I've given in to laughing and mocking the mistakes now. That's when I know that mentally I've changed gears and the season is lost.

I think the new Bills motto should be:

::drumroll::

Talkin' Ashamed!