SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 06:58 AM
is this our starting LB's for next week? :blowup:

Dujek
10-12-2009, 06:59 AM
No. Buggs is injured.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm very interested to see how Ellison and Harris perform together, they looked good against Cleveland, but that could be a attributed to how awesome our line has been playing.

Typ0
10-12-2009, 07:01 AM
how about how pathetic the Browns are?

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 07:05 AM
No. Buggs is injured.

i forgot about that. WTF???????? :mad:

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Harris didn't play did he? They used Corto instead Corto-Ellison-Palmer..

WOW.

Mr. Miyagi
10-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Thurm you better get stretching. They may have to call you down from the stands next game.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Harris didn't play did he? They used Corto instead Corto-Ellison-Palmer..

WOW.

see what staying $20+ million under the cap gets you?

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Harris is playing safety right now. I would guess that he will play LB if Scott is back.

Corto was actually much better than I expected, which is not difficult.

I am guessing Pat Thomas is signed this week and either Freeman or Bowen.

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Yet another sign of ineptitude.

Let's draft Harris. A college SS. Immediately move him to LB. Spend the ENTIRE camp and preseason changing his game. Then immediately move him back to S when injuries strike, only if they strike at LB, we'll STILL leave him as the S who never sees the field as opposed to letting him actually PLAY at LB, where we can just use guys who only play on ST.

brilliant.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Can't help that we have been decimated defensively by injuries so far. You are limited to only 53 roster spots, you can't carry 10 LB's and 7 S's.

I too thought Corto did very well, Palmer was a little disappointing. I think next week the linebackers are;

Corto-Ellison-Palmer

mikemac2001
10-12-2009, 07:54 AM
All i want is Harris-Poz- Palmer the rest of the season atleast get these young Lb's some playing time

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 07:58 AM
The thing is, our defense has been really hit with injuries this year, but they're still playing tough. They are holding opponents to very little points (until they have been on the field for 45 minutes, and they are too tired to stop them).

k-oneputt
10-12-2009, 08:04 AM
How would have a Rey Mauluga draft pick instead of the undersized Maybin look now.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Yet another sign of ineptitude.

Let's draft Harris. A college SS. Immediately move him to LB. Spend the ENTIRE camp and preseason changing his game. Then immediately move him back to S when injuries strike, only if they strike at LB, we'll STILL leave him as the S who never sees the field as opposed to letting him actually PLAY at LB, where we can just use guys who only play on ST.

brilliant.

didn't they start with 11 DB's? i know they've been hit with injuries in the secondary but so has the LB crew.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Maybin made a nice play playing at the linebacker spot and than they quickly rushed him off the field.

But let's promote Fewell because he knows what he is doing.

k-oneputt
10-12-2009, 08:12 AM
I really have no idea why Maybin isn't playing. Why not ???? He can't be any worse than whats out there. Play him at outside lb even. I don't care just get him on the field.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I really have no idea why Maybin isn't playing. Why not ???? He can't be any worse than whats out there. Play him at outside lb even. I don't care just get him on the field.

good question. i made comment in another thread how Alex Mack looked good for Cleveland at Center. he was drafted after Maybin and already paying dividends for his team. while some people may claim a C is too high to draft at #11, i don't give a rats ass. he would have been starting in Buffalo. if they're going to go young, draft starters with your 1st rounders instead of waiting 2+ years for potential.

colin
10-12-2009, 09:13 AM
i'm not against the maybin pick, he just hasn't played enough yet (and our pass rush has been good, so no trouble there).

the issue is we have junk on our team like parrish, mcintyre, etc who are just there to trick the world into thinking bobby april is a good coach as they are special teams crap. we need to have back ups who can play football, and we can get good guys to play special teams. our special teams have been beaten up and lost games for us all year. april needs to go with jauron and i hope ralph croaks and a real owner steps up and we have a guy willing to add depth.

Oldbillsfan
10-12-2009, 09:49 AM
The no huddle has added to the TOP for the opposition, more plays to defend for the defense, more injuries. At least the offense is healthy though. lol

Ground Chuck
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Maybin can't play LB. He's a one trick pony, speed rush the passer.

I'm just happy that I have Thomas Jones on my fantasy team.

EDS
10-12-2009, 10:11 AM
The no huddle has added to the TOP for the opposition, more plays to defend for the defense, more injuries. At least the offense is healthy though. lol

Didn't the Bills win the TOP yesterday? Not that it matters . . .

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
good question. i made comment in another thread how Alex Mack looked good for Cleveland at Center. he was drafted after Maybin and already paying dividends for his team. while some people may claim a C is too high to draft at #11, i don't give a rats ass. he would have been starting in Buffalo. if they're going to go young, draft starters with your 1st rounders instead of waiting 2+ years for potential.

Keep in mind Maybin missed most of camp and was already raw coming out. Schobel, Kelsay and Denney have all played very well this season, so I don't have a huge issue with Maybin sitting and learning because its not a detriment to our team to let him develop slowly. I like our DL coach a lot in the short amount of time he's been here. If they promote Fewell, Id make him the DC.

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Keep in mind Maybin missed most of camp and was already raw coming out. Schobel, Kelsay and Denney have all played very well this season, so I don't have a huge issue with Maybin sitting and learning because its not a detriment to our team to let him develop slowly. I like our DL coach a lot in the short amount of time he's been here. If they promote Fewell, Id make him the DC.

Sanders is a classic case of a good positon coach that is a bad coordinator. He was awful as DC in Green Bay.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 10:40 AM

i hear what you're saying but this is not a perennial 12-4 or 11-5 team. this is an organization that continues to find itself south of the .500 mark. the needs of this team resembles a piece of Swiss cheese and the holes seem bigger than normal EVERY year.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Sanders is a classic case of a good positon coach that is a bad coordinator. He was awful as DC in Green Bay.

Good point but who else are you going to make the DC?

Your options;
Adrian White-Defensive Quality Coach
Matt Sheldon-LB Coach
Chuch Lester-Defensive Assistant
DeMontie Cross-Assistant LB/ST Coach
George Catavoles-DB Coach

I wouldn't mind maybe White?

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
i hear what you're saying but this is not a perennial 12-4 or 11-5 team. this is an organization that continues to find itself south of the .500 mark. the needs of this team resembles a piece of Swiss cheese and the holes seem bigger than normal EVERY year.

Yes but keep in mind rushing players can lead to stunts in development. We may not be a 12-4 team but rushing players who aren't ready isn't going to get us there faster either.

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't know. :ill:

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Yes but keep in mind rushing players can lead to stunts in development. We may not be a 12-4 team but rushing players who aren't ready isn't going to get us there faster either.

so pushing Wood and Levitre puts them in danger of developing? i'm not buying it. i know you're not a fan of drafting a C in the 1st Round, let alone #11 overall, but that's where they should have gone with Alex Mack. the guy would be a starter right away. that's what this team needs.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
so pushing Wood and Levitre puts them in danger of developing? i'm not buying it. i know you're not a fan of drafting a C in the 1st Round, let alone #11 overall, but that's where they should have gone with Alex Mack. the guy would be a starter right away. that's what this team needs.

Not what I said, both Wood and Levitre came in ready to play in the NFL. Maybin was a project pick because he was so raw. You don't rush players who aren't ready.

Alex Smith, Charles Rogers, Courtney Brown....etc.

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
How would have a Rey Mauluga draft pick instead of the undersized Maybin look now.

or matthews he looks like a beast in GB

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Not what I said, both Wood and Levitre came in ready to play in the NFL. Maybin was a project pick because he was so raw. You don't rush players who aren't ready.

Alex Smith, Charles Rogers, Courtney Brown....etc.

that's my point. i felt Mack was NFL ready too. a starter from Day 1. that's what we need to draft with 1st Round picks, not "project picks."

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
that's my point. i felt Mack was NFL ready too. a starter from Day 1. that's what we need to draft with 1st Round picks, not "project picks."

I disagree, you draft BPA and Maybin's potential cieling is much higher than Mack's. I have no issue passing on Mack for Maybin, especially at 11.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I disagree, you draft BPA and Maybin's potential cieling is much higher than Mack's. I have no issue passing on Mack for Maybin, especially at 11.

we agree to disagree then. i feel this team is in no position to wait on potential. they need immediate results.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:49 AM
we agree to disagree then. i feel this team is in no position to wait on potential. they need immediate results.

This team is in no position for immediate results. Do you really think Mack gets us any more wins this year so far?

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 11:59 AM
This team is in no position for immediate results. Do you really think Mack gets us any more wins this year so far?

no but he'd be more productive than what Maybin is. that's what this team needs. that's what i mean by immediate results.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 12:01 PM
no but he'd be more productive than what Maybin is. that's what this team needs. that's what i mean by immediate results.

How do you figure considering we had already signed Hang to be our starting OC. Mack would be on the bench just as much as Maybin is.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 12:01 PM

the Packers were my team before I moved to Buffalo, and i still follow them as a second favorite. this is 100% accurate.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 12:02 PM

i think at this point we dont want anymore wins this season....

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
How do you figure considering we had already signed Hang to be our starting OC. Mack would be on the bench just as much as Maybin is.

no he wouldn't. slide Hang over to G. and who says that the Bills would have drafted Wood or Levitre, if they went with Mack,before you go on that kick?

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
no he wouldn't. slide Hang over to G. and who says that the Bills would have drafted Wood or Levitre, if they went with Mack,before you go on that kick?

They wouldnt slide him over since they had already announced he was being signed to start.

I didnt say they would have, my point is that Mack is not as versatile as Wood or Levitre.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
this organization has changed its mind over and over again. their word doesn't squat. Mack may not be as versatile as you think but he'd provide some kind of stability. i feel that this is what this team needs. not to mention that i feel he's better suited (size wise) to handle 3-4 defenses that our division rivals have created with their defenses. i don't feel that way with Hang.

EDS
10-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Are you not impressed by the Bills results rushing offensive linemen into action before they are ready?