PDA

View Full Version : AVP is a joke.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Bitten by more Bills One propaganda. Tell Evans to STFU.

Let's roll out Edwards to the right a dozen times and introduce him to the LB that knows that he'll be there.

We need a real coach with real coordinators.

I miss Greg Williams. Never thought I 'd say that.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 08:08 AM
Our whole staff is a joke. FIRE ALL OF THEM AND REPLACE FROM SCRATCH.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Well if Trent could actually hit someone with a deep ball he might be a little better to evaluate. Trent blows.

Bulldog
10-12-2009, 08:12 AM
This whole franchise is a ****ing joke and it won't get better until a new owner takes over. End of story!

Jan Reimers
10-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Our whole staff is a joke. FIRE ALL OF THEM AND REPLACE FROM SCRATCH.
The trouble is, Ralph won't be fired.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Well if Trent could actually hit someone with a deep ball he might be a little better to evaluate. Trent blows.

That's BS. Edwards has throw some deep balls this season. Obviously something else is going on here.

Even Edwards is smart enough to reealize that he has to hit some guys downfield.

Evans can't get open whcih tells me our OC has zero clue on how to change that.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:16 AM
That's BS. Edwards has throw some deep balls this season. Obviously something else is going on here.

Even Edwards is smart enough to reealize that he has to hit some guys downfield.

PS. Not defending Edwards either but blaming Edwards for AVP inept offense isn't fair either.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 08:16 AM

Let's roll out Edwards to the right a dozen times and introduce him to the LB that knows that he'll be there.

I have to admit.... this part is so true...

WHY DO WE KEEP ROLLING EDWARDS OUT 15 TIMES A GAME!

Trent never looks downfield on that roll out and never makes anything meaningful out of it. yet we run it at least once every drive.

And for some reason as HH said, a LB always ends up mugging Trent.

don137
10-12-2009, 08:18 AM
I would not say he is a joke. I would say he is way in over his head. He is no better than a QB coach at this point but then again with how bad Edwards is regressing I wonder if AVP is not even a good QB coach.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I would not say he is a joke. I would say he is way in over his head. He is no better than a QB coach at this point but then again with how bad Edwards is regressing I wonder if AVP is not even a good QB coach.

How does a guy with so much promise end up regressing?? Yeah maybe a crappy QB coach has something to do with it.

NorthCarBills
10-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Agree. Regardless of his favorable, Bills linked history, I've always thought that AVP's coaching career was rushed and his even being named the QB coach was a suspect decision.

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2009, 08:27 AM
And yet Edwards twice had recievers open deep (TO on the int and Evans on what wold have been a 99 yard TD pass) andhe throws crap passes.

While you can say Trent threw deep earlier in the year, his numbers on passes that in the air over 20 yards are terrible and have been posted before. He actually threw three good long balls all season - A TD to Evans, a TD to TO and a crop by TO. So he has not done well throwing deep.

There are problems with AVP, part of it is only sending two guys out in a pattern though. And Edwards is as much to blame as AVP is, maybe even moreso since he did have two chances to change the game yesterday and blew both of them. His best play all day was a 20 yard scramble.

Scary thing is, is that Losman likely completes both of those long passes. Certainly he would have made other mistakes due to his ability to suck.

But AVP is not more to blame than Trent.

LooneyBin
10-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Adjustments.

AVP sure is no Josh Mcdaniels when he was a first time coordinator.

zoneras
10-12-2009, 08:55 AM
I think expecting any different from a QB coach promoted to OC just before opening day after a dismal preseason is a little much. IT sounds like, so many of our coaches lately, Van Pelt outsmarted himself. He said they were changing up the snap counts because they noticed on film Cleveland had a tendency to jump off sides and in the process apparently coached our offensive line to false start 9 times…… at home for god sake.
I think this teams needs to stop talking schemes, practice, and film. The more they plan, the better their practice and the more film they watch the worse they get!!!
Instead of focusing on ways to trick and exploit another teams weakness how about figuring what at least one strength you have and learn to do that. The problem with the no Huddle is you have to walk before you can run and this team can’t even crawl... unless it is backwards. The 90’s Bills did not open up with the no huddle they learned to play together as a team then learned they could not only run but fly.

Forward_Lateral
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
The INT to Owens made me scream. Owens had the guy beat, and Trent underthrew him, big time.

Demon
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM

Evans was open few times yesterday, Trent didn't throw him the ball.... Nelson 2 yards away was a better target in his opinion. Owens was open too.... but Rob Johnson under that pass too. Ugh, i mean Edwards. Sorry, i get mixed up easily between those two.

billsburgh
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I have to admit.... this part is so true...

WHY DO WE KEEP ROLLING EDWARDS OUT 15 TIMES A GAME!

Trent never looks downfield on that roll out and never makes anything meaningful out of it. yet we run it at least once every drive.

And for some reason as HH said, a LB always ends up mugging Trent.
opposing defenses figured out that play since they do run it 15 times a game. If the TE is covered while running the 3 yard out pattern, which is every time now, Trent just throws it away.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM

You roll Edwards out because the pocket isnt forming properly and his job is to get rid of the ball quickly. He never should be waiting all the way to the friggin sideline to throw the ball. He should be delivering it before he even gets close to it. Then his dumbass wouldn't be getting mugged.

Why he doesn't get that and why AVP keeps calling it is beyond me.

bigbub2352
10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
problem is we run scheme's on both O and D and the players dont fit the scheme nor do they believe in them, u can see that by the players mannerism's after the play
there is no passion
no extra push
no nasty streak
no hitting
just alot of crap served up steamy and stinky