PDA

View Full Version : Well I guess this proved who our starting RB is.....

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Not that I'm surprised. I love Freddy, he's one of my favorite players on the team, but Lynch is the better back for sure.

Lynch:

17 carries - 69 yards (4.06 ypc)
6 rec - 56 yards (9.33 ypr)

Jackson:

13 carries - 30 yards (2.31 ypc)
2 rec - 17 yards (8.5 ypr)

Lynch is also a much better blocker. Fred whiffed badly on a blitz pickup, and allowed a sack yesterday.

Don't get me wrong. Freddy is great. He is more elusive, while Marshawn prefers to run through people. He also has better hands.

Lynch, on the other hand, doesn't fumble, is stronger, and I think he is better in the open field. He also rarely goes down on first contact.

They are completely different backs, with completely different skill sets. There will be some games where Jackson will match up better against the defense, and he should get more touches. But as an every-down back, Lynch is better.

yordad
10-12-2009, 09:09 AM
While I agree, one game doesn't prove anything.

cocamide
10-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Why is there a thread about Lynch and Jackson every week? Out of all of the Bills's problems, who starts at RB is at the very bottom. We have two pretty good running backs, who really cares which one starts?

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 09:12 AM
While I agree, one game doesn't prove anything.

You're right. One game doesn't prove anything.

But over the last few years, I feel I've seen enough of both players to come to these conclusions. I felt the exact same way before yesterday's game. Yesterday just reiterated everything I've been saying to the Lynch-bashers all season.

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Why is there a thread about Lynch and Jackson every week? Out of all of the Bills's problems, who starts at RB is at the very bottom. We have two pretty good running backs, who really cares which one starts?

You're right. I probably should have started a Fire Jauron thread, instead.

Sorry.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Lynch looked quick, sharp and powerful yesterday. He is a franchise RB, Freddy is a very good back who is good at everything and together they make a nice combo.

If you had to pick only one for your franchise Lynch is the obvious choice. He is a bull in short yardage, he has nice moves and cuts, drags tacklers, and can catch the ball better than most RBs, save Bush, Tomlinson.

cocamide
10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
You're right. I probably should have started a Fire Jauron thread, instead.

Sorry.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to call you out. It's just that Lynch and Jackson are probably two of our top five players, so I think it's splitting hairs to say which one is the best. Lynch is a beast and always moves the pile, but Jackson seems better at being patient and finding the hole. I'm glad both are on our team, and wish that they were both utilized properly by our OC.

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Lynch looked quick, sharp and powerful yesterday. He is a franchise RB, Freddy is a very good back who is good at everything and together they make a nice combo.

If you had to pick only one for your franchise Lynch is the obvious choice. He is a bull in short yardage, he has nice moves and cuts, drags tacklers, and can catch the ball better than most RBs, save Bush, Tomlinson.

I agree. Although, like I said before, I do think that Freddy has slightly better hands than Lynch. Lynch, however, is better once he catches the ball.

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 09:26 AM
lynch is twice as talented as freddy that doesnt mean freddy isnt good hes just not in the league lynch is

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to call you out. It's just that Lynch and Jackson are probably two of our top five players, so I think it's splitting hairs to say which one is the best. Lynch is a beast and always moves the pile, but Jackson seems better at being patient and finding the hole. I'm glad both are on our team, and wish that they were both utilized properly by our OC.
No problem.

Like you, I do think that they're both great. I really wasn't sure about starting this thread, because it feels like I'm "bashing" Freddy, who is definitely one my favorite players. It's just that all year, I keep seeing these anti-Lynch threads, where people are suggesting that we should trade him, or saying that Jackson is "clearly" better. I just felt that I needed to defend him.

And I also agree that Lynch and Freddy are two of our top 5 players. In my mind, it's:

1 - Lynch
2 - T.O.
3 - Freddy
4 - Moorman (haha)
5 - Probably Poz or McGee.

Oldbillsfan
10-12-2009, 09:47 AM
They are both great. Thurman needed Kenny Davis....Its a non issue.

yordad
10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
I keep seeing these anti-Lynch threads, where people are suggesting that we should trade him, or saying that Jackson is "clearly" better.Yeah, where is that Jedimindtrick guy now?

Griff
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
however to counter your stats I produce

<table class="gc-team-leaders-table" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="thd2"><td>Rushing</td> <td>Car</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>Avg</td> <td>TDs</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td>F. Jackson (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0024204)</td> <td>9</td> <td>42</td> <td>4.7</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td>M. Lynch (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0025399)</td> <td>8</td> <td>4</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="thd2"> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 11:03 AM

<table class="gc-team-leaders-table" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="thd2"><td>Rushing</td> <td>Car</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>Avg</td> <td>TDs</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td>F. Jackson (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0024204)</td> <td>9</td> <td>42</td> <td>4.7</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td>M. Lynch (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0025399)</td> <td>8</td> <td>4</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="thd2"> <td>
neither these stats or the stats of yesterday's game mean anything at all with regards to who is better.

Lynch is the better pure RB, Fred is the better receiver.

Night Train
10-12-2009, 01:08 PM
The RB that isn't starting will start at MLB.

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
The RB that isn't starting will start at MLB.

hahahahahahaha.

Nice. We should put Stevie Johnson in there at OLB while we're at it. We need to get him on the field one way or the other.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
With an OL that can create holes, I think Freddy would be a better back. But when the OL sucks, Lynch can push for more yards.

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 01:13 PM

<table class="gc-team-leaders-table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="thd2"><td>Rushing</td> <td>Car</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>Avg</td> <td>TDs</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td>F. Jackson (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0024204)</td> <td>9</td> <td>42</td> <td>4.7</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td>M. Lynch (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0025399)</td> <td>8</td> <td>4</td> <td>0.5</td> <td>0</td> </tr> <tr class="thd2"> <td>

Ok, one player was seeing his first action in over 9 months, while the other was playing their 4th game of the year. And I really don't think 8 or 9 carries is enough to say that one guy is better than the other. I'm basing my opinion on the last 3 seasons.

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
With an OL that can create holes, I think Freddy would be a better back. But when the OL sucks, Lynch can push for more yards.

Maybe, but I'm not sure. It seems like Lynch gets hit in the backfield on EVERY SINGLE play. It's nearly impossible to hit the hole with any momentum when you're trying to shed defenders. I think if Lynch had some room to run, he'd be in the "elite" category. Maybe not with Peterson (in a class by himself), but right up there with MJD, Johnson, ect.

JediMindPowers
10-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Lynch is the better gangbanger as well.

Oh and by the way, Lynch is getting fat.

LOL at his beer belly.

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Lynch is the better gangbanger as well.

Oh and by the way, Lynch is getting fat.

LOL at his beer belly.

(sigh...)