Well I guess this proved who our starting RB is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beastie Bills
    Senior Zoner
    • Mar 2009

Well I guess this proved who our starting RB is.....

Not that I'm surprised. I love Freddy, he's one of my favorite players on the team, but Lynch is the better back for sure.

Lynch:

17 carries - 69 yards (4.06 ypc)
    6 rec - 56 yards (9.33 ypr)

Jackson:

13 carries - 30 yards (2.31 ypc)
    2 rec - 17 yards (8.5 ypr)

Lynch is also a much better blocker. Fred whiffed badly on a blitz pickup, and allowed a sack yesterday.

Don't get me wrong. Freddy is great. He is more elusive, while Marshawn prefers to run through people. He also has better hands.

Lynch, on the other hand, doesn't fumble, is stronger, and I think he is better in the open field. He also rarely goes down on first contact.

They are completely different backs, with completely different skill sets. There will be some games where Jackson will match up better against the defense, and he should get more touches. But as an every-down back, Lynch is better.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Well I guess this proved who our starting RB is.....

While I agree, one game doesn't prove anything.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

Why is there a thread about Lynch and Jackson every week? Out of all of the Bills's problems, who starts at RB is at the very bottom. We have two pretty good running backs, who really cares which one starts?

Comment

• Beastie Bills
        Senior Zoner
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by yordad
        While I agree, one game doesn't prove anything.
        You're right. One game doesn't prove anything.

But over the last few years, I feel I've seen enough of both players to come to these conclusions. I felt the exact same way before yesterday's game. Yesterday just reiterated everything I've been saying to the Lynch-bashers all season.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
          Senior Zoner
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by cocamide
          Why is there a thread about Lynch and Jackson every week? Out of all of the Bills's problems, who starts at RB is at the very bottom. We have two pretty good running backs, who really cares which one starts?
          You're right. I probably should have started a Fire Jauron thread, instead.

Sorry.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Lynch looked quick, sharp and powerful yesterday. He is a franchise RB, Freddy is a very good back who is good at everything and together they make a nice combo.

If you had to pick only one for your franchise Lynch is the obvious choice. He is a bull in short yardage, he has nice moves and cuts, drags tacklers, and can catch the ball better than most RBs, save Bush, Tomlinson.

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Beastie Bills
              You're right. I probably should have started a Fire Jauron thread, instead.

Sorry.
              Sorry, I wasn't trying to call you out. It's just that Lynch and Jackson are probably two of our top five players, so I think it's splitting hairs to say which one is the best. Lynch is a beast and always moves the pile, but Jackson seems better at being patient and finding the hole. I'm glad both are on our team, and wish that they were both utilized properly by our OC.

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                Senior Zoner
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Mahdi
                Lynch looked quick, sharp and powerful yesterday. He is a franchise RB, Freddy is a very good back who is good at everything and together they make a nice combo.

If you had to pick only one for your franchise Lynch is the obvious choice. He is a bull in short yardage, he has nice moves and cuts, drags tacklers, and can catch the ball better than most RBs, save Bush, Tomlinson.
                I agree. Although, like I said before, I do think that Freddy has slightly better hands than Lynch. Lynch, however, is better once he catches the ball.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

lynch is twice as talented as freddy that doesnt mean freddy isnt good hes just not in the league lynch is

Comment

• Beastie Bills
                    Senior Zoner
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by cocamide
                    Sorry, I wasn't trying to call you out. It's just that Lynch and Jackson are probably two of our top five players, so I think it's splitting hairs to say which one is the best. Lynch is a beast and always moves the pile, but Jackson seems better at being patient and finding the hole. I'm glad both are on our team, and wish that they were both utilized properly by our OC.
                    No problem.

Like you, I do think that they're both great. I really wasn't sure about starting this thread, because it feels like I'm "bashing" Freddy, who is definitely one my favorite players. It's just that all year, I keep seeing these anti-Lynch threads, where people are suggesting that we should trade him, or saying that Jackson is "clearly" better. I just felt that I needed to defend him.

And I also agree that Lynch and Freddy are two of our top 5 players. In my mind, it's:

1 - Lynch
                    2 - T.O.
                    3 - Freddy
                    4 - Moorman (haha)
                    5 - Probably Poz or McGee.
                    Last edited by Beastie Bills; 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                      shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                      • Mar 2007

They are both great. Thurman needed Kenny Davis....Its a non issue.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Beastie Bills
                        I keep seeing these anti-Lynch threads, where people are suggesting that we should trade him, or saying that Jackson is "clearly" better.
                        Yeah, where is that Jedimindtrick guy now?
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Griff
                          • Jul 2008

however to counter your stats I produce

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
                          F. Jackson 9 42 4.7 0
                          M. Lynch 8 4 0.5 0

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Griff
                            however to counter your stats I produce

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
                            F. Jackson 9 42 4.7 0
                            M. Lynch 8 4 0.5 0

neither these stats or the stats of yesterday's game mean anything at all with regards to who is better.

Lynch is the better pure RB, Fred is the better receiver.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

The RB that isn't starting will start at MLB.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X