PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas Sheds Light on “Ring-Gate”

patmoran2006
10-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Well all know the story by now. Ralph Wilson was scheduled to receive his Hall of Fame ring in a special halftime ceremony yesterday. Most media outlets, including Buffalo Sports Daily previously reported it. In fact, the Hall of Fame had it as the top story on their website, all the way through Sunday night. READ MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/10/thurman-thomas-sheds-light-on-ring-gate/)

Cntrygal
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
the link didn't work for me.... :(

hydro
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
the link didn't work for me.... :(

Works for me.

Cntrygal
10-12-2009, 10:22 AM
damn.

Cntrygal
10-12-2009, 10:25 AM
got it.

“Do you boo Jim (Kelly) and myself and Bruce (Smith) because we lost four Super Bowls? No you don’t do that. It’s a Hall of Fame ring, it’s a ceremony, it’s an opportunity to be with your family and friends.”

Why would we boo them? At least they got the Bills to the BIG GAME not once, but 4 times... so they were obviously COMPETITIVE and fun to watch.

Dude
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Those ads you throw up are not only annoying but they bring powerful systems to a screeching halt. I know you have to make money, but damn - those things are making me want to stop going to your site.

hydro
10-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Those ads you throw up are not only annoying but they bring powerful systems to a screeching halt. I know you have to make money, but damn - those things are making me want to stop going to your site.

I was thinking about making a thread about that. They are REALLY annoying. And I have been an avid supporter of the site. But the ones that pop up and force you to "skip ad" are just the most annoying thing ever.

Dujek
10-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Four words:

Firefox
Ad Block Plus

Lone Stranger
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I am really surprised at the attention this issue is getting. I would think there are a lot more important issues to be concerned about. Sullivan writing his whole column about this is ridiculous.

Dude
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Four words:

Firefox
Ad Block PlusI can't use Ad Block because of my job.

Regardless, you have to draw the line between paying the bills and driving away your readers.

Forward_Lateral
10-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey Thurman, it was 3-0 Cleveland at the half. It wasn't tied. Have another one.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Agreed. The one add also came up as a Trojan on my anti-virus program too....