PDA

View Full Version : Players I like

Bruce is Loose
10-12-2009, 10:22 AM
We are terrible. We have terrible skills and worse coaching. With that said, who are the players that are worth anything that I would want on the team next year?

OL: Lets be honest - we have some young guys that could/should develop here, but we have no useful depth and need starters. I say we keep the three guys in the middle as starters thinking there will be improvement. We then need two starting tackles. Bell and Butler make good backups.

QB: I dont know that we need to get a new QB since we would probably just add to the history of replacing bad QB with bad QB. Help on the OL might really help Trent be not so bad. That said, get another good rookie and let him learn so that if/when we are fed up with Trent after 2010 he will have a year to observe and can start in 2011 if needed.

RB: Set here

WR: Geesh - this is depressing to think about. I thought these guys were good, but we are losing Owens, Evans is not a #1, and the only proven player is Reed whos is really not a gamechanger and shouldnt be in the game unless there are injury problems. We need a #1 WR after Owens leaves, and we need someone young to step up.

TE: I think that after injurys heal we are OK here.

DL: I still like Stroud. Kyle Williams is OK. We need another DT to rotate in. DEs are actually not playing that bad. We probably go with the 4 guys again next year that we have here (minus Denny)

LB: Ugg - Keep Pos and dump EVERYONE ELSE - depth included. I suppose Ellison has been servicable enough as a backup but I dont really like it. And lets keep Harris on the roster.

DB: McKelvin, McGee, Whitner are pretty solid regardless of what you all think of Whitner. I think Corner will continue to improve and be solid. Clearly we keep Byrd.

K/P: Obviously we all like Moorman. If Lindell cant kick middle to long range field goals and we have to go for it or punt, then lets get someone new here.

Dump all the coaches.

Probably Im being overly optomistic, but if we replace these items over the next decade maybe we can get to playoffs in 2020?

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Great post, although I would keep Ellison. He has been a pleasant surprise for me.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2009, 10:33 AM
You know who would be a great fit for this team?? Russ Grimm. The man clearly knows how to coach the line up, we have 3 young guys in the middle that are extremely talented and I'm sure Russ could really coach these guys up good.

Let me respond to your well thought out and terrific post.

OL: Agree, except that Butler is a backup, he is a starter when he is healthy, although I concur that competition would certainly be welcomed.

QB: Trade Trent, keep Fitz, draft new QB in the top 5.

RB: Agree, we're set at RB.

WR: Evans would be excellent trade bait, if we could get good value for him I'd jump ALL over that opportunity. Lee is not a #1 in the NFL and this year he has been a pretty bad #2.. I'd like to part ways with TO and Lee Evans. I wouldn't be picky in trading Lee, either. 2nd & 4th and it's a done deal. Roscoe should get the axe, Jenkins should get the axe, Reed should get the axe, keep Johnson.

TE: I agree, unless an obvious upgrade is easily attainable.

DL: They've been playing great.

LB: Keith Ellison has actually been making plays pretty consistently through his career here and has even out played Paul Posluszny in my God honest opinion. Nic Harris has potential as well, believe it or not Ellison & Harris are my two favorites at LB right now, but clearly we need to add capable starters here.

DB: I like Byrd, I like Whitner, I like McGee, I like Corner, I like Youboty, I like McKelvin, I like Scott, I like our secondary.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:34 AM
This is from another thread from last night;
Fred Jackson
Marshawn Lynch
Xavier Omon
Lee Evans
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Josh Reed
Shawn Nelson
Derek Schouman
Demetrius Bell
Jarmon Meredith
Eric Wood
Andy Levitre
Seth McKinney
Marcus Stroud
Kyle Williams
Chris Kelsay
Chris Ellis
Aaron Maybin
Ashlee Palmer
Keith Ellison (that one shocks me)
Nic Harris
Poz
Leodis McKelvin
Drayton Florence
Terrance McGee
Jairus Byrd
George Wilson
Brian Moorman

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm a big time Keith Ellison supporter, he deserves MAJOR KUDOS.

yordad
10-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Great post, although I would keep Ellison. He has been a pleasant surprise for me.He only has so many tackles cuz everyone else sucks worse. :(

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
He only has so many tackles cuz everyone else sucks worse. :(

True, but I think he's been our second-best LB this year (behind Poz, who's been hurt).

I would definitely keep Ellison as a backup. He's shown he can come in an start when somebody gets injured.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
He only has so many tackles cuz everyone else sucks worse. :(

I disagree, he's really shown improvements in play recognition and tackling ability. He has become a much more sound player and anticipates better as well. He has worked hard on his game.

yordad
10-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I disagree, he's really shown improvements in play recognition and tackling ability. He has become a much more sound player and anticipates better as well. He has worked hard on his game.Right. So he is pro bowl bound. OK. He leads the league in tackles because he is sooo good now.

I'm not saying he isn't better, but it didn't take much since he sooo sucked last year. But, I am not convinced he should even be a starter. He only has so many tackles because teams are running and our other LBs suck even worse.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Right. So he is pro bowl bound. OK. He leads the league in tackles because he is sooo good now.

I'm not saying he isn't better, but it didn't take much since he sooo sucked last year. But, I am not convinced he should even be a starter. He only has so many tackles because teams are running and our other LBs suck even worse.

Again I disagree, Ellison is making plays happen. He's not just racking up tackles because teams are running at him. He's getting into the backfield, he's running sideline to sideline and he's beating blocks.

LooneyBin
10-12-2009, 11:23 AM
This team has failed year in and year out to get a solid TE option to stretch the field. That's what it needs.