PDA

View Full Version : Adam Scheffter says we are stuck with Jauron.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Citing that Ralph Wilson doesn't believe in firing coaches mid-stream, and the reality that there is nobody better on the staff to replace him, Scheffter believes that Jauron will keep his job til the end of the year.

He did comment that fans in Orchard Park aren't going to stand for it but there is not alot they can do.

Dr. Lecter
10-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Ugh.

And Scheffter is usually spot on.

LooneyBin
Thanks for nothing Ralph. 2001 here we go again.

Dr. Pepper
**** this, time for a boycott

cocamide
I'm just going to root for the Bengals from now on.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I just want this douche bag fired and the good thing is if Jauron stay's on, we will be picking top 5 for sure. Okung, Bradford or Suh all would look great in a Bills uni.

Syderick
10-12-2009, 11:05 AM
BOO

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I agree with Scheffter we do not have a better option on this staff right now. This season is basically over though...

historypete
10-12-2009, 11:12 AM
What do they mean they don't think there is anyone on the staff who is better than Jauron. They have waterboys don't they?

It still comes down to the fact that Ralph won't eat the contract they gave him. Jauron has the best job security in the world now.

historypete
10-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree with Scheffter we do not have a better option on this staff right now. This season is basically over though...

Sorry Draftboy, I usually agree with you but a dead monkey coaching this team would be an improvement. Your last statement is exactly why we should can him. The season is over might as well move on now and throw a bone to the fans. Who cares if Fewell or AVP or April or the medical staff is prmoted. I don't expect improvement, I just expect something different from the mess we have now.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Sorry Draftboy, I usually agree with you but a dead monkey coaching this team would be an improvement. Your last statement is exactly why we should can him. The season is over might as well move on now and throw a bone to the fans. Who cares if Fewell or AVP or April or the medical staff is prmoted. I don't expect improvement, I just expect something different from the mess we have now.

You have nobody with any kind of experience who is worth even giving a shot. Fewell is having a good year, April is having a bad year, and AVP well I dont think he even deserves to be an OC right now.

No matter if they make any of the coordinators the head coach the results won't change so what's the point? You make this kind of a change to improve your team, I dont see that happening at this point. The season is lost, lets ride it out and concentrate on the offseason.

Demon
10-12-2009, 11:18 AM

You're right, Scheffter does have a point. We really have nobody on our staff to replace him with. Everyone kept saying Bobby April but seriously, our ST have been horrid in almost every game. McKelvin cost us the first game. Parrish cost us the game vs. the Browns. Parrish also had a fumble vs. the Saints. We never get any quality return yardage from our ST. And they lead the league in penalties. (although, after the week i don't know if they still do). Promoting April would be just as stupid of a move as it is keeping Jauron around.

Van Pelt? Please.

GreedoII
10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I'd rather keep Jauron and lose out than replace him with a scrub coach currently on the staff who may win 6 games and get signed to 5 yr extenstion next yr. We have to suffer it out this yr with this ***** and watch the Sabres.

billsburgh
10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
it has been since they announced that Jauron was given an extension last year.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
it has been since they announced that Jauron was given an extension last year.

No disagreement there.

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
we need to all look at this as a positive i truly do not think DICK is capable of winning more then 2 or 3 more games this season.

SO........ HOPEFULLY

4-12 nets us a top 1-2 pick

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Ugh.

And Scheffter is usually spot on.

that was my exact thought when i read the title of this thread. :ill:

Demon
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
we need to all look at this as a positive i truly do not think DICK is capable of winning more then 2 or 3 more games this season.

SO........ HOPEFULLY

4-12 nets us a top 1-2 pick

Will the Bills pay a top 3 pick?

My guess we trade down.

historypete
10-12-2009, 11:28 AM
You have nobody with any kind of experience who is worth even giving a shot. Fewell is having a good year, April is having a bad year, and AVP well I dont think he even deserves to be an OC right now.

No matter if they make any of the coordinators the head coach the results won't change so what's the point? You make this kind of a change to improve your team, I dont see that happening at this point. The season is lost, lets ride it out and concentrate on the offseason.

I completely agree that we need to concentrate on the offseason. In my opinon one way to do that is letting Jauron go now. By doing so you show the fan base that there will some semblance of a new direction, rather than having to wait the entire year and hoping we can him.

Here is an example of what I mean. Say, some how and yes this is a stretch, but they catch fire at the end of the season and end 6-10 or 7-9 again. Well it will be very easy for this organization to say, well we had a lot of injuries, the guys didn't give up on him so we are keeping Jauron. I don't even want that senario to come into play, not in the least bit. You fire him now and replace him with anyone. Again, I know the season is done. I can accept that. I've accepted that since the preaseason. I'm not looking for this team to get better. I'm looking to the offseason that is why I fire Jauron now.

Joe Fo Sho
10-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Citing that Ralph Wilson doesn't believe in firing coaches mid-stream, and the reality that there is nobody better on the staff to replace him, Scheffter believes that Jauron will keep his job til the end of the year.

He did comment that fans in Orchard Park aren't going to stand for it but there is not alot they can do.

I swear to god, if we stick with Jauron until the end of the year, and then promote from within, I'm going to have a conniption.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I completely agree that we need to concentrate on the offseason. In my opinon one way to do that is letting Jauron go now. By doing so you show the fan base that there will some semblance of a new direction, rather than having to wait the entire year and hoping we can him.

Here is an example of what I mean. Say, some how and yes this is a stretch, but they catch fire at the end of the season and end 6-10 or 7-9 again. Well it will be very easy for this organization to say, well we had a lot of injuries, the guys didn't give up on him so we are keeping Jauron. I don't even want that senario to come into play, not in the least bit. You fire him now and replace him with anyone. Again, I know the season is done. I can accept that. I've accepted that since the preaseason. I'm not looking for this team to get better. I'm looking to the offseason that is why I fire Jauron now.

I see your point but I think your 6-10, 7-9 nightmare scenario is more likely under a Fewell or April than it is under Jauron who has appeared to have lost this team and has little to no shot at motivating them and getting them back.

historypete
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I see your point but I think your 6-10, 7-9 nightmare scenario is more likely under a Fewell or April than it is under Jauron who has appeared to have lost this team and has little to no shot at motivating them and getting them back.

Possibly. Regardless, I just hope there is a major house cleaning at the end of the year. I don't care how it happens as long as it happens.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 11:38 AM
This is disgusting.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-12-2009, 11:38 AM

We need to revolt! HAHA jk. This blows.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 11:46 AM
This is disgusting.

can i have your ticket? :couch:

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 11:47 AM
NO

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
LOL

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
can i have your ticket? :couch:

u can have mine if i dont feel up to wasting my time on nov 1st

trapezeus
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
this whole thing makes me want to curse. what the **** ralph? none of your beliefs amount to jack ****. honestly. you wanted continuity. nothing came from that. you don't believe in firing midseason. nothing came from that. what the **** ralph. i ****ing hate this organization. make one real ****ing move and stop pussying out and talk about moving.

i hope his casket has "loser" tatooed onto it when he goes. he has tortured a fan base who has asked for nothing more than a ******* playoff appearance. what a douchebag. move the team...i don't even care anymore. cash in and spend that beautiful money.

OpIv37
10-12-2009, 11:55 AM

Charlie Casserly said the same thing on the NFL Today pre-game show yesterday. Damn.

psubills62
10-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I think my veins are constricting...

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 11:58 AM
this reminds me of regier's dumbass policy of not re-signing players mid-season. what happened? the sabres lost drury and briere because of it. NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OF REFUSING TO MAKE EXCEPTIONS FOR POLICIES LIKE THIS UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.

trapezeus
10-12-2009, 12:03 PM
this reminds me of regier's dumbass policy of not re-signing players mid-season. what happened? the sabres lost drury and briere because of it. NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OF REFUSING TO MAKE EXCEPTIONS FOR POLICIES LIKE THIS UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES.

well said

paladin warrior
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
I am going for root for NY Giants 5-0 :dance3: for now.. Until Buffalo bills have a better winner and 1st place too. And PLus Brand New HC

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I tried to root for the Pats and I ended up rooting for Denver yesterday. It's not the same thing.

psubills62
10-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand people who think it's best to fire Jauron at the end of the year "because we don't have anyone better right now."

Firing Dick Jauron right now would be good in a hundred different ways. First of all, it would tell people that this team is no longer messing around. You don't get a pass just because you're under contract. Just because there are reasons you suck (injuries, etc.) doesn't mean you can't do better.

Secondly, it will help get rid of Jauron's culture of mediocrity. It's been way too long that people like him can sit around with a losing record and have ZERO consequences. Make it known that if you're not playing up to par, you'll be benched. It really doesn't matter who plays right now, as it's a lost season.

Thirdly, I agree that none of the assistant coaches would be good hires if we were looking for a long-term coach. But for 11 more games? What the heck is the harm? Why wait until the end of the season? It's worth seeing if any of the other coaches can get something out of these players.

It's unbelievable that anyone thinks it's a better idea to keep Jauron (a dead man walking) until the end of the year.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 12:34 PM
we're stuck with Dick until the UFL season ends and thats when Fassel comes here and brings his qb with him :roflmao:

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm really not at all surprised.

Prov401
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I made a post about this last week. What's the point in firing Jauron? We are not going to the playoffs, and we are going to deffinitley fire him after the season. Let the guy guide us to a 3-13 record, get a top 5 pick, and start fresh in the offseason.

The only downside I see of not firing Jauron mid-season, is not getting the jump start on other teams, that end up canning their coaches. But at this point, I just want a top 5 pick, and I think Jauron can help us accomplish that, as sad as that sounds. As Lee Evans said, there is nothing to gain by firing Jauron. It isn't going to fix anything right now, and I don't want April to be our next head coach after his interim stint. There are a ton of coaches out there, and we'll get one of em'.

Syderick
10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
I made a post about this last week. What's the point in firing Jauron? We are not going to the playoffs, and we are going to deffinitley fire him after the season. Let the guy guide us to a 3-13 record, get a top 5 pick, and start fresh in the offseason.

The only downside I see of not firing Jauron mid-season, is not getting the jump start on other teams, that end up canning their coaches. But at this point, I just want a top 5 pick, and I think Jauron can help us accomplish that, as sad as that sounds. As Lee Evans said, there is nothing to gain by firing Jauron. It isn't going to fix anything right now, and I don't want April to be our next head coach after his interim stint. There are a ton of coaches out there, and we'll get one of em'.

I'm just saying give someone else a shot like April (won't hurt anything). Plus send a message by saying you won't put up with BS.

Dying_-2-_Live
10-12-2009, 01:24 PM
This just ruined my day. Any other team would have fired Jauron a year and a half ago. Why can't Ralph?

shelby
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
OBD loves Jauron for some reason. Obviously they don't care if they piss off their fan base. i would love to see the Ralph empty for the rest of the season. Time to start boycotting y'all.

JediMindPowers
10-12-2009, 01:46 PM
What's the point in firing Jauron? .

The point would be for Jauron not to be the coach of the Bills anymore.

Prov401
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
The point would be for Jauron not to be the coach of the Bills anymore.

Instead of quoting on 1 of my 70 sentences, try commenting on my whole post. It would be greatly appreciated.

TigerJ
10-12-2009, 03:07 PM
When my team isn't worth watching, I'll find a better way to spend my time on Sunday afternoons. Oh, I'll check in and see what the score is occasionally, but I just can't take a steady stream of penalties, dropped balls, fumbles, and passes thrown behind the line of scrimmage to a receiver who is about to get hit on third and long. I'll start to ratchet up my interest when it's off season and we see what happens to the organizational structure and we get an inkling of who our top 5 draft pick could be.

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
You got it all wrong.

Dick will FOR SURE win 4-5 games near the end of the year by catching a few teams looking past us, and a few that have nothing to play for.

We'll pick 10th or so at best....

THEN, of course Ralph will argue that the team got on track at the end of the year, and he's keeping dick (and his contract) on to build off that momentum.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:23 PM
You got it all wrong.

Dick will FOR SURE win 4-5 games near the end of the year by catching a few teams looking past us, and a few that have nothing to play for.

THEN, of course Ralph will argue that the team got on track at the end of the year, and he's keeping dick (and his contract) on to build off that momentum.

IF he keeps Dick, I will never buy another piece of Buffalo Bills merchandise again until he's gone. That would be the worst thing Ralph could ever do! :mad:

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
we're stuck with Dick until the UFL season ends and thats when Fassel comes here and brings his qb with him :roflmao:

that would be a dream come true lol

but it is comical that losmans new team has 2 HC's that i would take in a heartbeat

fassel or dennis green would do fine hell ill take that whole staff over ours

Demon
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
You got it all wrong.

And this kind of idea is exactly why firing Dick as soon as possible would make me happy, even if there isn't any quality replacement. If they fired Dick now, we know this off-season could see many changes. If Dick remains, this type of theory will be on the back of everyones mind, even if it is very unlikely.

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM

i also wonder why all the trent supporters arent rallying behind him right now?

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
that would be a dream come true lol

but it is comical that losmans new team has 2 HC's that i would take in a heartbeat

fassel or dennis green would do fine hell ill take that whole staff over ours

Ummm... Dennis Green makes Jauron look emotional. I don't think we need someone even MORE stoic and clueless.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
i also wonder why all the trent supporters arent rallying behind him right now?

could it be that they know how stupid it would be and be compared to the Lickers? :idunno:

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Will the Bills pay a top 3 pick?

My guess we trade down.

at this point i dont think the bills have a choice but to try and save franchise with that top 3 pick if we can be that bad

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 03:33 PM
could it be that they know how stupid it would be and be compared to the Lickers? :idunno:

in the end neither will work in buffalo

i just wanted to go with the talent

and we all know dick ruined them both for buffalo anyway i do believe JP will resurface next year

DynaPaul
We have nobody better? So what... ANYONE is better than this idiot.

justasportsfan
I happen to think Trent was set up to fail too and can succeed with the right coach , so does that make me a Trent licker?

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Ummm... Dennis Green makes Jauron look emotional. I don't think we need someone even MORE stoic and clueless.

i guess u havent seen some of his post game pressers lol

JAURON IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS A BORN LOSER

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I happen to think Trent was set up to fail too and can succeed with the right coach , so does that make me a Trent licker?

i think the term was trent tard to be exact lol

:couch:

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:35 PM
in the end neither will work in buffalo

that's the way it's looking. ANOTHER failed experiment.

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
i guess u havent seen some of his post game pressers lol

JAURON IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS A BORN LOSER

Other than that press conference though... have you seen him on the sidelines? He doesn't mopve, speak or make any sort of facial gestures...

Borosai
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
It's not about finding someone better for this season. It's about guaranteeing Jauron won't be here next season. Get an interim HC and start searching for -- and hire -- the right guy for next year and beyond. Let him scout this team and get a head start on the players to cut, free agents to pursue, and the draft... you know, team management.

By the way, how the **** did Jauron get an extension?