BuffaloBlitz83
10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
?

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
neither

Demon
10-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I like McCoy a lot. I've heard some scouts compare him to Drew Brees. Kid has good size and a great arm. But i think Bradford should be in the discussion as well if they do go with drafting a QB.

Nighthawk
10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Snead has looked as bad as Edwards this year...no thanks!

LooneyBin
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
None. Bradford.

bigbub2352
Tebow
cant teach what he brings to a team,
mite not be the most polished
but if im taking a chance on a QB u can argue all day about arm and accuracy and all the attributes
but tebow does one thing he WINS
i will take him

Dr. Pepper
ANYONE but snead. he has bust written all over him.

Ginger Vitis
10-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Neither..Jimmy Clausen or Jake Locker

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Neither..Jimmy Clausen or Jake Locker

whats the deal with locker? i know hes got wheels, but can he throw the ball? hows his accuracy?

Demon
Tebow
but if im taking a chance on a QB u can argue all day about arm and accuracy and all the attributes
i will take him

Of course he wins. He only has an NFL defense and scholarship players all over the place. I hate when people use "he is a winner" when they talk about Tebow. Half their schedule they play joke teams. The guy plays a FB role in the most stacked team maybe in NCAA history.

PcA125
Out of those 2... I would pick Colt. I think he brings a lot to the table. But Bradford would be nice too

Jaybird
10-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Neither, Mccoy reminds me of Jp.. mobile and big arm.. no smarts

Snead will be a bust

Tebow is not an NFL QB

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Bradford. or trade down and get Pike. although at this point I'd take McCoy or Snead. but Bradford is the guy.

Demon
10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Bradford. or trade down and get Pike. although at this point I'd take McCoy or Snead. but Bradford is the guy.

Oh god, please not Pike. The guy plays in the biggest passing offense in the nation. You or I could pass with that offense. He's just like Colt Brennan. How's he doing in the NFL?

Yasgur's Farm
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Tebow is not an NFL QBNeither was Flutie.

Rob Johnson was the QB with QB skills... Doug Flutie was the QB who pulled out victiries.

I'll go with Tebow.

yordad
10-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Bradford.

Buckets
10-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Of course he wins. He only has an NFL defense and scholarship players all over the place. I hate when people use "he is a winner" when they talk about Tebow. Half their schedule they play joke teams. The guy plays a FB role in the most stacked team maybe in NCAA history.

Joke teams like USC and OHIO St. Tebow knows how to win and does what it takes to win. He's Doug Flutie on steroids.

Mudflap1
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Snead is HORRIBLE.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Bradford, The consensus or the overall best polished OT

Demon
10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Joke teams like USC and OHIO St. Tebow knows how to win and does what it takes to win. He's Doug Flutie on steroids.

Danny Wuerffel was a winner too.

Tebow is a great QB for the system they have. He's very smart and a great motivator. Doesn't mean he'll be a good QB in the NFL. But he does have the best talent around him in the nation and he's had it his entire career at Florida.

Chris Leak took the Gators to the national title and if my memory is correct, he even won the MVP over Ohio State. Meyer is a master recruiter and they will be winning long after Tebow leaves.

Dude
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
None.

Tony Pike will be the most NFL ready QB in the draft.

Demon
10-12-2009, 01:06 PM
None.

Tony Pike will be the most NFL ready QB in the draft.

Once again i ask, how does he differ from Colt Brennan?

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
ive hardly seen cinci play, is Pike really that good?

Dude
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Once again i ask, how does he differ from Colt Brennan?How do any of the other QBs differ from Colt Brennan?

Dude
10-12-2009, 01:12 PM
ive hardly seen cinci play, is Pike really that good?Yes, he is.

Dying_-2-_Live
10-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Pike is actually a very good QB

Demon
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM
How do any of the other QBs differ from Colt Brennan?

He plays almost nobody and no good defenses, and they have been recruiting top level WR's and a QB with a strong arm. Brennan was throwing 60 times a game which is why he got so many yards. Pike might be better then Brennan though. He's a Derek Anderson clone though.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
ive always liked the Big East, hed be easy to cheer for. my dream is that UB somehow make it into that conference.

Dude
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
He plays almost nobody and no good defensesThat's a BS argument. The almighty SEC teams play cupcakes too.
and they have been recruiting top level WR's and a QB with a strong arm.Are you talking about UC? If so, then you're wrong. Brian Kelly is very upfront about the fact that he doesn't recruit "top-level" players. He recruits primarily in Ohio, and he goes for lower-level recruits that fit his system and they coach them up.

ArcticWildMan
10-12-2009, 02:32 PM
2010 is not a QB draft, it is weak. Bradford is the only QB even worth looking at but not in a top 5 spot.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I love Sam Bradford and when we finish with the worst record in the league, we will be able to get him...

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
?
Snead had a stinker against Alabama. Was off target a lot and couldn't make a play. Still he could be a great QB. Haven't seen much of him to be honest. Tebow is a soldier and the kind of guy u want leading your team. He will have to continue to prove this year that he is a true passer.

Bradford is a well rounded QB. He can make any throw really. I think he has the most Franchise QB potential.

McCoy is a playmaker. Great athlete, good thrower. I wouldn't be upset about him as our Top pick.

IMO though, Bradford is the real deal.

psubills62
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
The problem with this draft is that there are no real GREAT QB's. All of the "top" prospects appear to have fairly significant flaws or question marks, whether it's the system, injuries, accuracy issues, surrounding talent, etc.

In my opinion, this is a great year to draft along the lines and then grab a developmental QB later (maybe 4th or 5th round). If he develops into something, great. Even if he doesn't, we're still set up to grab a top QB prospect in 2011.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Snead had a stinker against Alabama. Was off target a lot and couldn't make a play. Still he could be a great QB. Haven't seen much of him to be honest. Tebow is a soldier and the kind of guy u want leading your team. He will have to continue to prove this year that he is a true passer.

Bradford is a well rounded QB. He can make any throw really. I think he has the most Franchise QB potential.

McCoy is a playmaker. Great athlete, good thrower. I wouldn't be upset about him as our Top pick.

IMO though, Bradford is the real deal.

The good thing about our loss this weekend is that we just got the tiebreaker over Cleveland. :bf1:

BuffaloBlitz83
10-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Compare the 2010 Class to the 2009. Are they better than Sanchez, Stafford in terms of potential.

dannyek71
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Greg Paulus

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 03:02 PM
what teams could finish worse than us?
Oakland
St. Louis
Kansas City
Cleveland

of those 4, i think only St. Louis would pick a QB.

psubills62
10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
The good thing about our loss this weekend is that we just the tiebreaker over Cleveland. :bf1:

Unless you're making a joke about the playoffs...the draft doesn't work that way. Remember San Fran had the same record as us, beat us, but still drafted ahead of us in 2009. The ultimate tiebreaker is your strength of schedule, I believe.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
The problem with this draft is that there are no real GREAT QB's. All of the "top" prospects appear to have fairly significant flaws or question marks, whether it's the system, injuries, accuracy issues, surrounding talent, etc.

In my opinion, this is a great year to draft along the lines and then grab a developmental QB later (maybe 4th or 5th round). If he develops into something, great. Even if he doesn't, we're still set up to grab a top QB prospect in 2011.
We've had developmental QBs for the last 10 years. No thanks.

I want a guy that is expected to come in and start day 1 based solely on his God given talent and performance in college. Then let experience make him into a GREAT Franchise QB.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Unless you're making a joke about the playoffs...the draft doesn't work that way. Remember San Fran had the same record as us, beat us, but still drafted ahead of us in 2009. The ultimate tiebreaker is your strength of schedule, I believe.

Oh damn...you're right. ****! :mad:

Demon
10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I love Sam Bradford and when we finish with the worst record in the league, we will be able to get him...

But if we get a top 3 pick, will we afford to pay the QB? They usually ask for A LOT of $$$. If we land too high, i think we may trade down.

BB83- I think the draft classes are comparable. Sanchez and Stafford are real good but if Bradford had come out last year, he might have been picked first. There were many debates on who Detroit would pick. Many sided with Bradford. Sanchez actually wasn't supposed to be that high of a pick, but his draft combine raised his stock by alot. He was a mid-first round pick until scouts saw what he had.

So it's too early to tell. Once Bradford, Snead and McCoy go to combine and NFL scouts see them first hand, we won't truly know where in the first round they will fall in.

I really do like McCoy. He's a leader, great arm and great athlete.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm still tempted to trade for Kevin Kolb...

Demon
10-12-2009, 03:07 PM
what teams could finish worse than us?
Oakland
St. Louis
Kansas City
Cleveland

of those 4, i think only St. Louis would pick a QB.

I could see Oakland going for QB again, Russell is owed a lot of money but he's horrid. Maybe even worse then Trent Edwards.

St Louis i think is a lock for a QB.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
i dont know if the eagles would ever want to. mcnabb is getting older, and vick isnt the answer.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
But if we get a top 3 pick, will we afford to pay the QB? They usually ask for A LOT of $$$. If we land too high, i think we may trade down.

BB83- I think the draft classes are comparable. Sanchez and Stafford are real good but if Bradford had come out last year, he might have been picked first. There were many debates on who Detroit would pick. Many sided with Bradford. Sanchez actually wasn't supposed to be that high of a pick, but his draft combine raised his stock by alot. He was a mid-first round pick until scouts saw what he had.

So it's too early to tell. Once Bradford, Snead and McCoy go to combine and NFL scouts see them first hand, we won't truly know where in the first round they will fall in.

I love Bradford the most, but McCoy is definitely #2 for me. The only thing that worries me is him being a southern guy. He doesn't play in crappy weather.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:10 PM
i dont know if the eagles would ever want to. mcnabb is getting older, and vick isnt the answer.

Vick is definitely not the answer. And if makes me laugh how bad he has looked so far. A lot of people thought he was going to come right back and wow people. Looks like that won't happen. I wouldn't be suprised to see him a FA next year as they decline the option.

X-Era

Please Mikey, please.

I consider you one of the good guys.

There will be plenty here that will say all we need is a game manager even after yet another supposed manager fell flat on his face.

I'm tired of it. Ive seen enough crap. I want a true franchise QB, nothing less. Yes, I want a young guy who looks like he will be just that. Flacco, Ryan, Sanchez all make the point. We can win now with the right guy and new top notch HC.

No more selling out. No more scrubs. Demnd what we truly need!

The No-BS-Bandwagon is just starting to get in full swing.

Please jump on.

BuffaloBlitz83
I'm still tempted to trade for Kevin Kolb... Based on 2 games? Did you not learn from Rob Johnson. We signed him after he destroyed us, he had a few good games in Jacksonville and we jumped the gun. Kolb had no followers until 2 good games.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Please Mikey, please.

I consider you one of the good guys.

There will be plenty here that will say all we need is a game manager even after yet another supposed manager fell flat on his face.

I'm tired of it. Ive seen enough crap. I want a true franchise QB, nothing less. Yes, I want a young guy who looks like he will be just that. Flacco, Ryan, Sanchez all make the point. We can win now with the right guy and new top notch HC.

No more selling out. No more scrubs. Demnd what we truly need!

The No-BS-Bandwagon is just starting to get in full swing.

Please jump on.
\
Okay fine....Mike Shanahan as Head Coach and Sam Bradford for starting QB! :drool:

psubills62
10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
We've had developmental QBs for the last 10 years. No thanks.

I want a guy that is expected to come in and start day 1 based solely on his God given talent and performance in college. Then let experience make him into a GREAT Franchise QB.
Maybe if we could get a coach who has the ability to develop a QB, they'd turn out alright.

I'm not saying we draft someone in the 4th or 5th hoping for him to be the savior. If he becomes a great QB then fantastic. But I'd still plan on getting a first or second-rounder in the 2011 draft.

Besides, do you really think this team will be ready to start a rookie QB from day 1 in 2010? I'd much rather build a decent team in preparation for him (a la Jets, Ravens).

Look at the draft when we got Losman. Do you really think any of the QB's in that draft would have been successful under Jauron? Roethlisberger had a great situation and won a couple of SB's. Not in Buffalo he wouldn't have.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Based on 2 games? Did you not learn from Rob Johnson. We signed him after he destroyed us, he had a few good games in Jacksonville and we jumped the gun. Kolb had no followers until 2 good games.

At least Kolb can throw the ball and knows what WRs are for. Edwards hasn't had 1 300 yard passing game in his career. :ill:

X-Era
10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I love Bradford the most, but McCoy is definitely #2 for me. The only thing that worries me is him being a southern guy. He doesn't play in crappy weather.

The top guys I want:

1) Bradford
2) Locker
3) McCoy
4) Hall

The most underrated guy is Max Hall.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174147

He can make every NFL throw there is and is a decent decision maker.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 03:14 PM
\
Okay fine....Mike Shanahan as Head Coach and Sam Bradford for starting QB! :drool:

Now were talking. I know were Bills fans. I know we know we will get stuck with more ****. But why in the hell, do we have to ask for it?

BuffaloBlitz83
10-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Jacksonville Jaguars Johnson spent his first two seasons with Jacksonville on the bench, first backing up Steve Beuerlein, and then star QB Mark Brunell. Johnson did not start a game until Week 1 of 1997. He completed 20 of 24 passes for 294 yards and 2 touchdowns and ran for 31 yards and one touchdown on four attempts in a 28-27 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. This performance set the record that still stands for the highest completion percentage of any QB in their debut game. Johnson injured his ankle soon after and Brunell returned to the starting lineup. After another successful season by Brunell, Johnson was placed on the trading block. we signed him based on One Start.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Grudan and Bradford

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
The most underrated guy is Max Hall.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174147

He can make every NFL throw there is and is a decent decision maker.

when you throw the ball 85 times in a game youre bound to put up numbers!

X-Era
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM

I think a few guys have a shot to be late risers maybe even to Sanchez level...

Pike
Hall
LeFevour

I think Clausen might rise as well.

Demon
10-12-2009, 03:17 PM

I love Bradford too. I don't know why, but i just like McCoy slightly more. Biggest thing that worries me about Bradford is Stoops puts so much effort in recruiting great offensive line. Bradford has had like the best OL in the nation for his entire career and almost every single snap he takes is in shotgun. While McCoy also takes a lot of shotguns in a college system, they do put him under center often.

Comparisons i've heard scouts give....

Bradford = Aikman
McCoy = Brees

I think both will be real good.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 03:17 PM
when you throw the ball 85 times in a game youre bound to put up numbers!
I didn't judge him based on his numbers. I haven't seen a guy throw the ball with more zip than Hall this year. And he has won games for them. Several are ranked higher but don't sleep on Hall.

BTW, his numbers are pretty damn good too:

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">YEAR</td><td> CMP</td> <td>ATT</td> <td>YDS</td> <td>CMP%</td> <td>YPA</td> <td>LNG</td> <td>TD</td> <td>INT</td> <td>SACK</td> <td>RAT</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2007</td> <td>298</td> <td>496</td> <td>3848</td> <td>60.1</td> <td>7.76</td> <td>66</td> <td>26</td> <td>12</td> <td>20</td> <td>137.71</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td>330</td> <td>478</td> <td>3957</td> <td>69.0</td> <td>8.28</td> <td>76</td> <td>35</td> <td>14</td> <td>20</td> <td>156.88</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2009</td> <td>125</td> <td>180</td> <td>1723</td> <td>69.4</td> <td>9.57</td> <td>80</td> <td>13</td> <td>10</td> <td>9</td> <td>162.57</td></tr></tbody></table>

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:18 PM
I love Bradford too. I don't know why, but i just like McCoy slightly more. Biggest thing that worries me about Bradford is Stoops puts so much effort in recruiting great offensive line. Bradford has had like the best OL in the nation for his entire career and almost every single snap he takes is in shotgun. While McCoy also takes a lot of shotguns in a college system, they do put him under center often.

Bradford = Aikman
McCoy = Brees

That's why neither of them will be Bills players.... :sigh:

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I didn't judge him based on his numbers. I haven't seen a guy throw the ball with more zip than Hall this year. And he has won games for them. Several are ranked higher but don't sleep on Hall.

i never watch BYU play so im really in no position to argue. the 85 attempts against UCLA just jumped out at me, lol.

edit: also, my bad, didnt see that it was over two games.

djjimkelly
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM

i know hes not bledsoe or johnson

but we have done that twice and failed in last 15 years

The Jokeman
10-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't want a rookie QB, instead give me a rookie OT. If Bell continues to develop then we can take a quality RT like Trent Williams if not then need a LT and the best might be Charles Brown.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't want a rookie QB, instead give me a rookie OT. If Bell continues to develop then we can take a quality RT like Trent Williams if not then need a LT and the best might be Charles Brown.

I don't want to waste a top 5 pick on another Mike Williams. :ill:

X-Era
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
i never watch BYU play so im really in no position to argue. the 85 attempts against UCLA just jumped out at me, lol.
I wont pay huge attention to numbers... Plenty fo guys put them up and wont do much in the NFL. Graham Harrell, Colt Brennan, etc...

But when I watch Hall I see a guy who can pick apart a D, who does a decent job of going through his progressions, and a guy who has probably the best arm in this class. He has a fast release and throws with great zip on the ball. He also does a decent job of sitting in the pocket... he has good presence.

Size will hurt his stock, hes only 6' 1" and maybe 220. But his frame is decent enough to add another 5 of muscle. He isn't lanky.

Its still pretty early and I want to see him more before I make a final judgement. Just an early look.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Id have no problem with Okung if he was there... even after getting beat by Von Miller as much as he did.

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Tebow
i will take him

I agree with you 100% %%%%%%

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 03:52 PM

HE IS A WINNER..............
Joke teams are u kidding me?????
They will play any team any given day and win.
They know how to show up when the BIG game is there....
What is your team??????????
EVERY game in the SEC is a ***** to play...

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:07 PM

Just picture something for a second.

Tebow drops back to pass.

He goes through that slow release to throw it as the 4.4 DB's stop and begin to close.

He throws the ball with that slow velocity and the DB's jump on it and pick him off.

I am seriously worried that will happen a lot to him.

Winner? yes.
Leader? yes.
NFL caliper QB? Not IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I also want Tebow. He is a proven winner. I WANT W's AND A BORN LEADER!!!

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh god, please not Pike. The guy plays in the biggest passing offense in the nation. You or I could pass with that offense. He's just like Colt Brennan. How's he doing in the NFL?

And Texas isn't in a PASS happy conference?

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I also want Tebow. He is a proven winner. I WANT W's AND A BORN LEADER!!!

We have enough CB's.

THATHURMANATOR

He goes through that slow release to throw it as the 4.4 DB's stop and begin to close.

He throws the ball with that slow velocity and the DB's jump on it and pick him off.

Winner? yes.
Leader? yes.
NFL caliper QB? Not IMO.
I understand your point 100%, but Flutie had even less intangibles. He had a much weaker arm, he was a foot shorter etc, but he won and was very successful. Why can't Tebow produce in the NFL?

tampabay25690

Winner? yes.
Leader? yes.
NFL caliper QB? Not IMO.

Agree with everything u said.
It will take Tim a year or 2 to get to the NFL level but you can still use the guy in certain series.....

QB coaches can help him and a guy like that will learn....
I never think you should throw a College QB in his 1st year in the NFL anyway....

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
We have enough CB's.
CB's?

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I agree with DB that highlight videos kind of suck and Im not huge on using them. But for the prupose of this discussion, lets look at the spped of the wind up and the velocity of the throws:

Max Hall:
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v1486802Jda8YAKN

Tim Tebow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-fERGyi4Os&feature=PlayList&p=DCB5F81585F58258&index=34

bflojohn
10-12-2009, 04:16 PM
A quarterback with a spine would be nice! I want a warrior who won't give up, won't give in, and refuses to lose. He might run out of time, but he'll tell you he'd beat them with one more possession. Another Jim Kelly is the answer, but the question is who fits the bill? I'd opt for the O-tackle first and trade up for Tebow, late in the first round. As a G.M., I would mortgage the future, like the NY Jets did, to find "that guy". I believe he's the one for me, personally!

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Danny Wuerffel was a winner too.

Tebow is a great QB for the system they have. He's very smart and a great motivator. Doesn't mean he'll be a good QB in the NFL. But he does have the best talent around him in the nation and he's had it his entire career at Florida.

Chris Leak took the Gators to the national title and if my memory is correct, he even won the MVP over Ohio State. Meyer is a master recruiter and they will be winning long after Tebow leaves.

The funny thing is I understand you don't like TEBOW but we aren't talking about Wuerffel or Chris Leake. We are talking about 1 of the BEST college football players ever to step foot on a field on SATURDAY'S. Don't hate on TIM....

Everyone knows he needs to learn to be a better QB in the next level but you dont teach leaders. By the way he has more hardware then your boy COLT will ever have...

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
I understand your point 100%, but Flutie had even less intangibles. He had a much weaker arm, he was a foot shorter etc, but he won and was very successful. Why can't Tebow produce in the NFL?

Flutie won a SB with an NFL team?

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:18 PM
CB's?

Thats about where you might see him play in the NFL... he has a shot as a Wildcat QB.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Flutie won a SB with an NFL team?
Are you asking me? Well since you don't know he didnt.

He wasn't given a shot until very late in his career though as we all know.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
Mccoy, and Bradford will be busts.

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Pike is actually a very good QB

I will be at the USF vs CINCI game this THURS nite in Tampa

Demon
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM

You're obviously a Gators fan and i'm sorry you disagree with me but i didn't mean to take an attack at the Gators. I think they are a great team, maybe the best "dynasty" in college football history under Meyer. I don't support any team as much as you support Florida or as i support the Bills, but i root for Notre Dame and Syracuse. However, i love watching games for my love of football and seeing NFL prospects play. I just don't think Tebow is a good QB in the NFL. College QB, he's a legend. He's a QB/FB.

And i don't think Big 12 is a passing conference. Besides the Wyoming game, McCoy passes like 34 times per game. Which i don't think is too high for a team who has a QB who should be a top 10 pick. Big12 (besides OSU) is more defensive, hardnosed and running. SEC is the better conference no doubt. But i'm not arguing who's conference is better.

But you're post is 100% correct. THEY do show up every game. THEY can beat anyone. THEY are the best team. Key word... THEY. They were great under Chris Leak too. Where's he now?

Once again, i'm not attacking your team. They are great and probably gonna win another national championship this season. I'm just debating quarterback prospects for the NFL....

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:26 PM

Maybe, but they both have much better arm strength and mechanics than Tebow.

Demon
10-12-2009, 04:30 PM

I highly doubt that both will be busts. Will both be great and as good as some of the recent rookies? Who knows. But for both to suck, i really doubt it. Hopefully, if we decide to grab a QB, we pick the right guy.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:32 PM
I highly doubt that both will be busts. Will both be great and as good as some of the recent rookies? Who knows. But for both to suck, i really doubt it. Hopefully, if we decide to grab a QB, we pick the right guy.

I :pray: we get the right guy.

First things first, get a HC who has been to a SB and know what it takes to win and will teach the young guy how to win.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Well I want the right guy too.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Well I want the right guy too.

Its tough.

And I agree with DB that there isn't a sure fire stud franchise QB... even Bradford isnt as sure a thing as Manning. But I do think hes as good a prospect as Stafford or Sanchez.

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 04:39 PM
You're obviously a Gators fan and i'm sorry you disagree with me but i didn't mean to take an attack at the Gators. I think they are a great team, maybe the best "dynasty" in college football history under Meyer. I don't support any team as much as you support Florida or as i support the Bills, but i root for Notre Dame and Syracuse. However, i love watching games for my love of football and seeing NFL prospects play. I just don't think Tebow is a good QB in the NFL. College QB, he's a legend. He's a QB/FB.

And i don't think Big 12 is a passing conference. Besides the Wyoming game, McCoy passes like 34 times per game. Which i don't think is too high for a team who has a QB who should be a top 10 pick. Big12 (besides OSU) is more defensive, hardnosed and running. SEC is the better conference no doubt. But i'm not arguing who's conference is better.

But you're post is 100% correct. THEY do show up every game. THEY can beat anyone. THEY are the best team. Key word... THEY. They were great under Chris Leak too. Where's he now?

Once again, i'm not attacking your team. They are great and probably gonna win another national championship this season. I'm just debating quarterback prospects for the NFL....

Its cool not taking it in a bad way at all......
Its sucks when you are the #1 team in the nation 2 years in a row and everyone expects you to roll every team every week or OMG the Gators may not be the best....

Tim will be a NFL QB and there is no doubt in my mind.
His mechanics arent good but come on what the hell did TRENT EDWARDS do at Stanford to make him a NFL QB.....****TTTT..

He will learn in a system and be fine if a team drafts him and throws him out there and wants him to be superman that won't happen. He will need time no doubt......

You don't call the BIG 12 a pass happy conference?
Honestly McCoy and Bradford are probably wishing they came out last year because they showing WHY they aren't top QB'S now....

SNEED has probably this year alone lost MILLIONS of dollars just in the way he has prepared for games. The guys is lost this year......

Chris Leak comment....no commenet from me he was a player in a great system and his arm was fair at best......

TacklingDummy
10-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Bring back Losman once hes done tearing it up in the UFL. Get a coaching staff that knows what they are doing and this kid will be a Hall of Famer.

bflojohn
10-12-2009, 04:47 PM
One thing further about Tim Tebow, for the Bills, he'd be a poster child for the advertisement element ( Russ Brandon), so the very FACT that Tebow will demand and recieve huge publicity will make him Oh, so attractive to this organization!! Another thing about Tebow, in my estimation, is that he will "light it up" prior to the combine with a QB guru, and his stock wil soar!! If I were you, I'd bank on it!!! His game has steadily improved every year, in my estimation, and that is an indicator that he's coachable and he "gets it"!!

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
One thing further about Tim Tebow, for the Bills, he'd be a poster child for the advertisement element ( Russ Brandon), so the very FACT that Tebow will demand and recieve huge publicity will make him Oh, so attractive to this organization!! Another thing about Tebow, in my estimation, is that he will "light it up" prior to the combine with a QB guru, and his stock wil soar!! If I were you, I'd bank on it!!! His game has steadily improved every year, in my estimation, and that is an indicator that he's coachable and he "gets it"!!

On the Bills wanting another publicity stunt... I could easily see that.

Hopefully, Russ is long gone by then.

The rest? I think scouts are smart enough to read through hype in most cases.

Demon
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
He will learn in a system and be fine if a team drafts him and throws him out there and wants him to be superman that won't happen. He will need time no doubt......

Well, this i will agree with. IF he drops in the draft to even late 1st or 2nd round, and a team picks him with the right system in place and good coaching, and an awesome QB so they can use Tebow in different situations with no pressure of playing any time soon, i think he can be successful as well. I just think some team, Jacksonville, or someone else, will pick him and hope he brings his winning mojo with him. In Buffalo for example, i think he'd be terrible.

You don't call the BIG 12 a pass happy conference?
Honestly McCoy and Bradford are probably wishing they came out last year because they showing WHY they aren't top QB'S now....

Not sure how?

Bradford was 10-14 for 96 yards and a TD before getting injured vs. BYU. After missing 5 weeks, his accuracy was a bit off vs. Baylor, but he threw for almost 400 yards with no INTs.

McCoy has struggled at times, but, his accuracy is still amazing. He's also on pace for more yards because he's throwing much more. Also, more INT's as a result of it.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 05:28 PM

Bradford = Aikman
McCoy = Brees

What scouts?? Ive heard fans make those comparisons but Ive never heard nor do I think any scout would put either of those two players in that kind of a class yet.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Snead-NFL Prototype QB, Size, Arm Strength, Accuracy, Posie...his issue always has been consistency. Can he put it all together. He's falling like a rock now but if he rebounds, he'll wow in workouts and be put right to the top again. Like Sanchez last year.

Bradford-Arm Strength, and getting hit are his issues. He just plain doesn't like to take hits. He gets rattled, he forces things and it shows on the sidelines. I question his leadership ability as well. When he is on however, nobody comes close.

McCoy-Good Arm Strength and Accuracy. Needs to be much more aware of his surroundings as he takes some bad sacks. Is an almost pure shotgun QB so will need time under center and is not used to drop back hand offs. Great mobility to buy time.

Tebow-I just dont see him as an NFL QB at this point. He doesn't read defenses well, he does play in any kind of a conventional offense, and Im not a big fan of his mechanics when he's running or throwing. The guy is a proven winner and has the heart of a lion and for that alone Id take him on my team any time, but not in the 1st Round.

Pike-Great arm, Great Vision, and Great Size. He burst on the scene last year and has let off the gas yet. What I like about Pike is that he is not afraid to take chances deep or fit a ball into a tight spot. Last year his biggest knock was decision making, this year that has gotten better. He is still raw and needs some time to learn an NFL style playbook but he is a fast rising prospect.

Claussen-Arm Strength is my biggest concern here. His deep ball flutters and he tends to just hang it up to Tate and Floyd. He forces a lot of deep throws and gets bailed out. He excels though in the intermediate zone to the TE. That area between LB and S. His family history in not kind to him but he is by far the best.

Locker-Most NFL Potential of any QB in this class. Just is so raw, not sure if he'll even pan out. He has gotten better is every facet of his game. He throws better, he runs better. He makes better decisions but its still a work in progress. Also don't forget he is a big time baseball prospect and was drafted by the LAA.

elltrain22
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
1. Sam Bradford- accurate, strong arm, manuevers well in the pocket, good guy
2. Colt McCoy- strong arm, very good at making the most outta busted plays, tough kid, fairly accurate
3. Jimmy Clausen- has a rocket arm, pretty accurate, plays in a pro style offense, and has shown a flair for the dramatic this season
4. Jake Locker- wouldn't be surprised if he's the best of this bunch, only reason he's not higher on my list, is b/c I haven't seen him play this year, but he clearly has all the tools that'll make him successful at the next level.
5. Tim Tebow- I love this kid, but IMO (and I hope I'm wrong) he doesn't have an NFL arm. He's accurate but his arm strength is just not NFL caliber. Alot of throws he completes, would get picked off at the next level. I do think he'd be a successful FB or TE though.

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Snead-NFL Prototype QB, Size, Arm Strength, Accuracy, Posie...his issue always has been consistency. Can he put it all together. He's falling like a rock now but if he rebounds, he'll wow in workouts and be put right to the top again. Like Sanchez last year.

Bradford-Arm Strength, and getting hit are his issues. He just plain doesn't like to take hits. He gets rattled, he forces things and it shows on the sidelines. I question his leadership ability as well. When he is on however, nobody comes close.

McCoy-Good Arm Strength and Accuracy. Needs to be much more aware of his surroundings as he takes some bad sacks. Is an almost pure shotgun QB so will need time under center and is not used to drop back hand offs. Great mobility to buy time.

Tebow-I just dont see him as an NFL QB at this point. He doesn't read defenses well, he does play in any kind of a conventional offense, and Im not a big fan of his mechanics when he's running or throwing. The guy is a proven winner and has the heart of a lion and for that alone Id take him on my team any time, but not in the 1st Round.

Pike-Great arm, Great Vision, and Great Size. He burst on the scene last year and has let off the gas yet. What I like about Pike is that he is not afraid to take chances deep or fit a ball into a tight spot. Last year his biggest knock was decision making, this year that has gotten better. He is still raw and needs some time to learn an NFL style playbook but he is a fast rising prospect.

Claussen-Arm Strength is my biggest concern here. His deep ball flutters and he tends to just hang it up to Tate and Floyd. He forces a lot of deep throws and gets bailed out. He excels though in the intermediate zone to the TE. That area between LB and S. His family history in not kind to him but he is by far the best.

Locker-Most NFL Potential of any QB in this class. Just is so raw, not sure if he'll even pan out. He has gotten better is every facet of his game. He throws better, he runs better. He makes better decisions but its still a work in progress. Also don't forget he is a big time baseball prospect and was drafted by the LAA.

To be honest i dont think any of them could do any worse then what Edwards has done the past few weeks. It is like he can't physically bring himself to attempt a throw thats over 20 yards.

I was watching the game in a bar sunday and this complete stranger was asking me if our QB ever throws the football over three feet! Pathetic.

My vote is for Bradford. But you already know that. Thanks for the write ups.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 05:48 PM
To be honest i dont think any of them could do any worse then what Edwards has done the past few weeks. It is like he can't physically bring himself to attempt a throw thats over 20 yards.

I was watching the game in a bar sunday and this complete stranger was asking me if our QB ever throws the football over three feet! Pathetic.

My vote is for Bradford. But you already know that. Thanks for the write ups.

That's not saying much about these kids ability to play football.

Ground Chuck
10-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Having a supreme will to win and having smarts is as important as arm strength.

I think Tebow and McCoy are ahead of the rest of the pack.

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
That's not saying much about these kids ability to play football.

:roflmao:

The Jokeman
10-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Had we drafted the right guy, Bryant McKinnie, we wouldn't have to worry about drafting a LT to begin with.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Had we drafted the right guy, Bryant McKinnie, we wouldn't have to worry about drafting a LT to begin with.

You do remember that he did not want to go to B-lo? I t was on The Best Damn Sports Show Period right before the draft.

scartown
10-12-2009, 06:55 PM
None of the above. We need Locker in a Bills uni.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 06:57 PM
None of the above. We need Locker in a Bills uni.

Wouldnt mind it and hes probably going to be around when we pick.

Demon
10-12-2009, 07:00 PM
What scouts?? Ive heard fans make those comparisons but Ive never heard nor do I think any scout would put either of those two players in that kind of a class yet.

About Bradford/Aikman (6th paragraph)- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/sports/ncaafootball/10pros.html?_r=2&ref=sports

McCoy - Todd McShay from ESPN was on a morning SC few weeks ago and they were talking about Bradford, Tebow and McCoy and he said in his opinion McCoy is the best of the 3 and then said "an NFL scout told me he reminds him a lot of drew brees" and went on to say comparisons like that don't come every day. I don't like many people on ESPN, and i don't like McShay but i have no reason to think he lied. I don't have a link tho, sorry, i guess take my word or not.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree with DB that highlight videos kind of suck and Im not huge on using them. But for the prupose of this discussion, lets look at the spped of the wind up and the velocity of the throws:

Max Hall:
http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/sports/watch/v1486802Jda8YAKN

Tim Tebow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-fERGyi4Os&feature=PlayList&p=DCB5F81585F58258&index=34
Dont think you can compare those two throws. They require different throwing velocities to complete. One was a lob dropped over the CB and the other one is a QB throwing on the move to a target down the sideline.

They are not comparable if you are trying to show that one has better arm strength. Find two highlights where they are throwing a similar route, then compare.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Dont think you can compare those two throws. They require different throwing velocities to complete. One was a lob dropped over the CB and the other one is a QB throwing on the move to a target down the sideline.

They are not comparable if you are trying to show that one has better arm strength. Find two highlights where they are throwing a similar route, then compare.
Both require the QB to throw the ball long. I see no reason Tebow would not throw the ball with power instead of lobbing it in the air (as with the bulk of the rest of his throws) and throwing it behind Harvin.

The throws show what I wanted to show. Hall throws with a quick release and with lost of velocity. Tebow throws with a slow release and lofts the ball.

If you want to see more just watch for it when watching Hall and Tebow and you will see all you need IMO.

As with all my opinions on a prospect, its just that, an opinion.

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Both require the QB to throw the ball long. I see no reason Tebow would not throw the ball with power instead of lobbing it in the air (as with the bulk of the rest of his throws) and throwing it behind Harvin.

The throws show what I wanted to show. Hall throws with a quick release and with lost of velocity. Tebow throws with a slow release and lofts the ball.

If you want to see more just watch for it when watching Hall and Tebow and you will see all you need IMO.

I get what you are saying, im just saying Tebow cant throw that ball on a line because he is purposely lobbing it to get it over the CB.

I have seen Tebow throw it on a line and I remember being very impressed.

Hemlepp53
10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I take Tebow. He brings heart, passion, and a complete love for the game. He does whatever it takes to WIN a game. Many argue the entire UF team is top tier NCAA players and most will play in the NFL but Tim Tebow stands out amoung those players for what he brings to the team as a leader.. as an example that you do what you have to do to win...

He isn't the Peyton Manning or Drew Brees in style of play... There isnt really anyone quite linke him in the NFL... that doesnt mean he wont produce as a QB.. That just means he isn't the TYPICAL COOKIE CUTTER QB....

Meyer is a master recruiter and they will be winning long after Tebow leaves.

Sure hope your right.... Go Gators...

Mahdi
10-12-2009, 07:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPsSuPPXgw

Take a look at this... He makes some sick throws in this reel. Tebow is a player.

Demon
10-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I can't believe how many people want Tim Tebow OR Jake Locker to be the "future" QB of the Bills.....

Locker is having his first good season. Under a offensive guru in a very offensive conference and is like a 50% passer. I don't get all the love for him. I really don't understand what is there to like? If it wasn't for his nice drive to beat USC, would anyone even talk about him??

Bmax
10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Dan LeFevour in later rounds...

Bmax

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 09:54 PM
About Bradford/Aikman (6th paragraph)- http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/10/sports/ncaafootball/10pros.html?_r=2&ref=sports

McCoy - Todd McShay from ESPN was on a morning SC few weeks ago and they were talking about Bradford, Tebow and McCoy and he said in his opinion McCoy is the best of the 3 and then said "an NFL scout told me he reminds him a lot of drew brees" and went on to say comparisons like that don't come every day. I don't like many people on ESPN, and i don't like McShay but i have no reason to think he lied. I don't have a link tho, sorry, i guess take my word or not.

Full credit to you for those finds. I think they are wrong, but good finds.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I can't believe how many people want Tim Tebow OR Jake Locker to be the "future" QB of the Bills.....

Locker is having his first good season. Under a offensive guru in a very offensive conference and is like a 50% passer. I don't get all the love for him. I really don't understand what is there to like? If it wasn't for his nice drive to beat USC, would anyone even talk about him??

Without a doubt no QB is close to him in terms of potential talent. Rocket Arm, Mobility, Size, Leader, Attitude, Toughness, Athletic, and Accurate.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
DB in your opinion Tebow won't be a viable NFL QB?

I have seen many of his games and countless highlights from the guy. I realize he plays in that Shotgun offense but his arm strength seems more than adequate and he certainly has the size, speed, leadership, drive, intensity etc. It appears his only weakness is ability to read defense? Isn't this something that can be taught? There is just something about this guy. I feel like scouts are outsmarting themselves here with measurables and scout speak and not factoring in that the guy is a true football player.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Tebow will never play QB in the nfl.

Bank on it.

McCoy isn't in the class of a Brees, watch him... he's not even in the class of a Vince Young... and he runs the 2nd most gimmicky offense in college.

Bradford might be something... but i get nervous about kids on great football teams with world class talent around them... especially when they find a way to lose agaisnt physically inferior competition like Bradford seems to manage once or twice a season.

Locker has the best arm of the bunch but there is way too much Kyle Boller in him for me to be sold right now. i'll have to see more of him before i know for sure.

X-Era
10-13-2009, 06:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMPsSuPPXgw

Take a look at this... He makes some sick throws in this reel. Tebow is a player.
A few decent throws there.

The question has been raised now about his mechanics and arm strength. Lets continue to watch and look for it.

But in the games Ive watched this year, it has really stood out to me.

I like this highlight reel, it really shows how Hall can throw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnrCma-CHQ

Watch the throw at 4:50

Block "O"
10-13-2009, 06:16 AM
Tony Pike QB and Brian Kelly for coach both from the Bearcats

tampabay25690
10-13-2009, 07:00 AM

DEMON
I understand where you are coming from would anyone talk aboud SNEED after last year???

To be honest it's all a crap shoot, I don't care what Mcshay and Kiper talk abput I think they are a bunch of tools anyway. Yea they look at film on college guys all day because its there job. They couldn't sniff a jock in the NFL anyway.

You never know who will be the QB of the future and to be honest why would anyone want to be drafted to Buffalo right now anyway? This team is a mess and I think that loss to NEW ENGLAND still lurks in this teams head. IF we win that game these conversations are being talked about and I think the Bills are 4-1 at this point. This game is so funny.

To be honest I have no idea who the best QB will be out of this class everyone can say Bradford and McCoy all day but honestly how much do we all know anyway?????

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 07:32 AM
DB in your opinion Tebow won't be a viable NFL QB?

I have seen many of his games and countless highlights from the guy. I realize he plays in that Shotgun offense but his arm strength seems more than adequate and he certainly has the size, speed, leadership, drive, intensity etc. It appears his only weakness is ability to read defense? Isn't this something that can be taught? There is just something about this guy. I feel like scouts are outsmarting themselves here with measurables and scout speak and not factoring in that the guy is a true football player.

No I dont see it. He has the arm, and the intangibles but he doesnt have the football smarts at the QB level that are needed. Its not just reading defenses, its blitz recognition, being able to audible at the line. As of now Tebow only has to make one read in his offense. Is the outside end/lb crashing in. He's a hell of a gamer, but I have too many things Id need him to learn about playing in a pro offense to spend a top pick on him.

DesertFox24
10-13-2009, 07:40 AM
I like McCoy a lot. I've heard some scouts compare him to Drew Brees. Kid has good size and a great arm. But i think Bradford should be in the discussion as well if they do go with drafting a QB.

He is about the same size as Brees standing tall at 6'1 just watch that will be his height at the combine.

I do not like Tebow at all and he has played like crap he has no arm and no accuracy at all. Tebow is a second rounder at best at this point.

No one is mentioning Jake Locker from Washington he is 6'2 225 has a cannon and runs in the 4.5 4.6 range, kind of reminds me of Jimbo. I have not watched him enough to like him a lot or not but he looks like he could be another option for us.

User Manuel
10-13-2009, 07:53 AM
None of the above Jimmy Claussen.

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 08:06 AM
No I dont see it. He has the arm, and the intangibles but he doesnt have the football smarts at the QB level that are needed. Its not just reading defenses, its blitz recognition, being able to audible at the line. As of now Tebow only has to make one read in his offense. Is the outside end/lb crashing in. He's a hell of a gamer, but I have too many things Id need him to learn about playing in a pro offense to spend a top pick on him.
I dont know if he doesn't have the football smarts OR he hasn't been in position to use them yet. At this point the offense he runs doesn't require making all the reads and checks and recognitions that you need at the NFL level. Who knows maybe he does have these abilities but they are not apparent.

Either way, he is a risky pick if you take him real high. But can also be a steal if picked later on in the first or early second round. Could be the face of a franchise or just a gimmick QB.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Fair enough. 2nd rounder???

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 08:09 AM
What do you think of Clausen? Haven't seen much of him. High pick?

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 08:09 AM
I dont know if he doesn't have the football smarts OR he hasn't been in position to use them yet. At this point the offense he runs doesn't require making all the reads and checks and recognitions that you need at the NFL level. Who knows maybe he does have these abilities but they are not apparent.

Either way, he is a risky pick if you take him real high. But can also be a steal if picked later on in the first or early second round. Could be the face of a franchise or just a gimmick QB.
Good points. He seems like a smart guy are we sure he couldn't pick up blitz recognition etc?

Maybe its because of the lame no emotion idiots we have had for the last 10 years.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Fair enough. 2nd rounder???

If he's willing to play H-Back, then yes.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
What do you think of Clausen? Haven't seen much of him. High pick?

Big time risk. Clausen's deep ball isn't great. It flutters alot and having two of the top WRs in College Football helps bail you out a lot. His decision making is better, but not great. He is a gamer though and has intensity. He is best throwing intermediate routes between the LB and Safety. He could be a good mid-late 1st Round pick.

MassEffect218435
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
McCoy.

MassEffect218435
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
I love Bradford the most, but McCoy is definitely #2 for me. The only thing that worries me is him being a southern guy. He doesn't play in crappy weather.Do you have any clue how many great players come from the south? Far more than come from the north.

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Big time risk. Clausen's deep ball isn't great. It flutters alot and having two of the top WRs in College Football helps bail you out a lot. His decision making is better, but not great. He is a gamer though and has intensity. He is best throwing intermediate routes between the LB and Safety. He could be a good mid-late 1st Round pick.
Good intermediate thrower! Sign him up. I think the deep ball can be worked on. I like a QB who can zip the ball between coverage.

If his arm is strong enough for Buffalo he might be a good consideration.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Do you have any clue how many great players come from the south? Far more than come from the north.

Five biggest producers of FBS Scholarship players;
Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and California

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Good intermediate thrower! Sign him up. I think the deep ball can be worked on. I like a QB who can zip the ball between coverage.

If his arm is strong enough for Buffalo he might be a good consideration.

He doesn't play in much wind in South Bend and he'll need to sit for a year imo. Hell every QB in this class should sit for a season.

MassEffect218435
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Five biggest producers of FBS Scholarship players;
Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and CaliforniaExactly, Pennsylvania is probably the closest thing to the south the north has.

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
He doesn't play in much wind in South Bend and he'll need to sit for a year imo. Hell every QB in this class should sit for a season.
They said the same about Sanchez.

These days I think you throw a QB in the fire from day one and let him learn on the go.

JP sat and learned nadda. If a guy is a player he's a player. Year one or year 2, IMO makes no difference on how good he will be.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 10:56 AM
They said the same about Sanchez.

These days I think you throw a QB in the fire from day one and let him learn on the go.

JP sat and learned nadda. If a guy is a player he's a player. Year one or year 2, IMO makes no difference on how good he will be.
I disagree and Sanchez is the exception not the rule.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Exactly, Pennsylvania is probably the closest thing to the south the north has.

Ohio is also very good and NJ is coming along as well.

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 11:01 AM
I disagree and Sanchez is the exception not the rule.
Cmon, lots of QBs get thrown in from day one and perform well.

Manning, Ryan, Flacco, Roth, Sanchez, Stafford (he has been making plays, lots of mistakes but still showing his talent and learning)

It has become a common thing to see a QB shine in his first year. Atlanta was garbage before Ryan got there and now they are contenders.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 11:13 AM

Manning, Ryan, Flacco, Roth, Sanchez, Stafford (he has been making plays, lots of mistakes but still showing his talent and learning)

It has become a common thing to see a QB shine in his first year. Atlanta was garbage before Ryan got there and now they are contenders.

You named 6 QB's do you really want me to try and counter because I got about 100 or so...

Again your are trying to make the exception become the rule.

psubills62
10-13-2009, 11:14 AM

In my opinion, Ryan is the exception. Manning, too, but in a different way. Ryan was developed quite well and looked like a vet in his rookie year. Manning did poorly his rookie year, but developed quite well.

Sanchez and Stafford are too soon to tell. Just because their teams played them early doesn't mean it was the right decision.

The problem, to me, is that most of the rookie QB's with any success (Flacco, Sanchez), have a well-built team around them. They both had/have great defenses and great running games. If we got a rookie QB and played him right away, he'd be expected to carry the team. At this point, I'm sick of having a halfway decent QB's confidence ruined from the start.

Demon
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
No one is mentioning Jake Locker from Washington he is 6'2 225 has a cannon and runs in the 4.5 4.6 range, kind of reminds me of Jimbo. I have not watched him enough to like him a lot or not but he looks like he could be another option for us.

Actually quite a few people have mentioned Locker. I'm not a big fan of his. You say he reminds you of Jim Kelly but based on what? At some point we need to look at the statistics and he's been far from good until this season, when he got an offensive guru as head coach.

About Clausen - He won't even sniff the 1st round and might be late 2nd, early 3rd i think. He has very bad mechanics and not a strong arm. Last season, he threw 17 INTs. He was considered a bust and this year Notre Dame has a loaded offense (2 great WR, 2 great RB, great TE and a great line) and Clausen is having a good season, not to mention he's playing bad teams.

But i think enough is enough with California QBs, don't you? Esspicially guys who care more about how they look then how they play. Rob Johnson, JP Losman and Trent Edwards.... and some of you are even mentioning Jimmy Clausen. Come on guys.

TheBrownBear
10-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Bradford or Locker. I think Bradford will be successful in the NFL, but I believe Locker could be a great one. Best athlete and strongest arm out of the QBs in the draft. And he has the "it" factor where he can make a play out of nothing. I think he'd do well in Buffalo.

UW was a horrible friggen team without Locker last year and now he has them competitive in every game. Also, Sarkisian runs a pro-style offense, so you're not dealing with a guy whose played in a spread and needs to relearn the QB position.

Edit: To respond to Demon - Locker's statistics weren't great previously because he was playing on a lousy team, for a lousy coach, with no legitimate offensive weapons - and he was an underclassman. Those who've watched Pac-10 football closely over the past three years know that Locker is the real deal. Stick him on a top-10 team and he's a Heisman front-runner.

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
In my opinion, Ryan is the exception. Manning, too, but in a different way. Ryan was developed quite well and looked like a vet in his rookie year. Manning did poorly his rookie year, but developed quite well.

Sanchez and Stafford are too soon to tell. Just because their teams played them early doesn't mean it was the right decision.

The problem, to me, is that most of the rookie QB's with any success (Flacco, Sanchez), have a well-built team around them. They both had/have great defenses and great running games. If we got a rookie QB and played him right away, he'd be expected to carry the team. At this point, I'm sick of having a halfway decent QB's confidence ruined from the start.
I really dont think our team is that bad. Our OL is really being made to look MUCH worse then they are because of the way Trent plays. No one remembers their QB getting sacked 2 or 3 times and pressured a few times a game when their QB makes plays and puts up points.

Our DL is not the best, but they can do enough for you to win a game and hold an offense to limited points. We have a solid secondary, McGee, Mckelvin, Florence, Whitner and Byrd are a solid group.

Our LBs are just decent. I like the idea of Harris, Poz and Palmer as our unit.

Our WRs, Owens, Evans, Reed and Johnson would THRIVE with a real QB.

I really think this team is a QB away from being 10-6.

Demon
10-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Bradford or Locker. I think Bradford will be successful in the NFL, but I believe Locker could be a great one. Best athlete and strongest arm out of the QBs in the draft. And he has the "it" factor where he can make a play out of nothing. I think he'd do well in Buffalo.

UW was a horrible friggen team without Locker last year and now he has them competitive in every game. Also, Sarkisian runs a pro-style offense, so you're not dealing with a guy whose played in a spread and needs to relearn the QB position.

Edit: To respond to Demon - Locker's statistics weren't great previously because he was playing on a lousy team, for a lousy coach, with no legitimate offensive weapons - and he was an underclassman. Those who've watched Pac-10 football closely over the past three years know that Locker is the real deal. Stick him on a top-10 team and he's a Heisman front-runner.

Gotcha. I just will have to watch more of his games from now on.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
yikes... i won't look forward to these threads for the next 7 months.

Clausen needs 1 more year in college. He comes out this year and he'll not be ready for the NFL

listen back when i was working in a front office, i missed all the time with which quarterbacks will be good in the NFL. but i missed in the right direction... as in i think a QB will be a disaster in the pros and he turns out good. I didn't really miss much the other direction. I don't really miss picking which QBs will make the transition to NFL starter, which is the type of accuracy the NFL wants in it's scouts.

-set aside mock drafts-

mock drafts are not evaluations of talent, they're largely a representation of market value, and team needs.

-After the 2005 draft i no longer was working for an NFL front office, and admittedly my accuracy dropped as a result. Just not enough time watching to be a good judge... so understand I'm sure Draftboy probably has a better handle on flesh in the draft then i do... not that i always agree with him, but he's got a good eye, and has proven to be more right then wrong.

I can't disagree with him about his take on these QBs. They're pretty much in line with what i've seen as well. the only QB who intrigues me right now in this draft is Pat Devlin of Delaware. I'd like to see more of him, but he looks like the real deal from what i've seen.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
What about Tebow though?

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 03:32 PM
What about Tebow though?

I already gave my opinion about Tebow in this thread. here i'll quote it.

Tebow will never play QB in the nfl.

Bank on it.

McCoy isn't in the class of a Brees, watch him... he's not even in the class of a Vince Young... and he runs the 2nd most gimmicky offense in college.

Bradford might be something... but i get nervous about kids on great football teams with world class talent around them... especially when they find a way to lose agaisnt physically inferior competition like Bradford seems to manage once or twice a season.

Locker has the best arm of the bunch but there is way too much Kyle Boller in him for me to be sold right now. i'll have to see more of him before i know for sure.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
So how much money should I put in the bank over this?

Do you feel he will even be drafted on day 1?

Demon
10-13-2009, 03:38 PM

Well, "Day 1" next draft will only be the first round on a Friday night.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
OH SOOOO SORRY... before the 4th round then...

tampabay25690
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Tebow will be gone by the end of round 1.........

psubills62
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
I can't disagree with him about his take on these QBs. They're pretty much in line with what i've seen as well. the only QB who intrigues me right now in this draft is Pat Devlin of Delaware. I'd like to see more of him, but he looks like the real deal from what i've seen.

As a PSU fan, I'm interested in how Devlin will do in the NFL. He was in an unfortunate situation behind Clark (who is a decent college starter, imo). I'm disappointed that he transferred, and I didn't get to see much of him before he left (just the last part of the OSU game, where he threw maybe 2-3 times).

He'd have to come out early if he was to enter the 2010 draft. The only problem I can see is that he doesn't have much experience.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 03:47 PM

I don't know where he'll be drafted. For all i know he could pull an Alex Smith David Carr or Joey Harrington and go in round 1.

I'm just saying the man has no business under center in a pro offense. Maybe on the Dolphins or some team that's going to run the wildcat a bit... he could find a place... but he'll never be a pro QB, who drops back and throws the ball.

As for Devlin, he's absolutely destroying his competition this year... breaking Joe Flacco's records to boot, you should have seen Devlin's demolition of Massachusetts... of course that's 1aa ball... so you've got to take it with a grain of salt.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
But he will probably play QB in the NFL though right?

psubills62
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I really dont think our team is that bad. Our OL is really being made to look MUCH worse then they are because of the way Trent plays. No one remembers their QB getting sacked 2 or 3 times and pressured a few times a game when their QB makes plays and puts up points.

Our DL is not the best, but they can do enough for you to win a game and hold an offense to limited points. We have a solid secondary, McGee, Mckelvin, Florence, Whitner and Byrd are a solid group.

Our LBs are just decent. I like the idea of Harris, Poz and Palmer as our unit.

Our WRs, Owens, Evans, Reed and Johnson would THRIVE with a real QB.

I really think this team is a QB away from being 10-6.

I think this team has talent, but it's one QB and several coaches away from going 10-6. The OL would look a lot better if they weren't injured all the time. The DL is doing better than expected, but isn't dominant yet. The secondary is OK, but can definitely get picked apart if needed.

Obviously I do believe Edwards is bad and can shoulder a lot of the blame. However, no way is it all his fault. Every time I see our WR's, they are NEVER as open as WR's from other teams. And I watch a lot of games...every game I see, the WR's are getting open most of the time. I VERY rarely see our WR's open. Even Evans and Owens seem to get very little separation from DB's. And it's not like we're playing shutdown secondaries.

Like I said, Edwards needs to go, but no way is he the only difference between this team right now and a 10-6 record.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
yikes... i won't look forward to these threads for the next 7 months.

Clausen needs 1 more year in college. He comes out this year and he'll not be ready for the NFL

listen back when i was working in a front office, i missed all the time with which quarterbacks will be good in the NFL. but i missed in the right direction... as in i think a QB will be a disaster in the pros and he turns out good. I didn't really miss much the other direction. I don't really miss picking which QBs will make the transition to NFL starter, which is the type of accuracy the NFL wants in it's scouts.

-set aside mock drafts-

mock drafts are not evaluations of talent, they're largely a representation of market value, and team needs.

-After the 2005 draft i no longer was working for an NFL front office, and admittedly my accuracy dropped as a result. Just not enough time watching to be a good judge... so understand I'm sure Draftboy probably has a better handle on flesh in the draft then i do... not that i always agree with him, but he's got a good eye, and has proven to be more right then wrong.

Devlin has been very impressive, the Flacco comparisons aren't quite fair because he is more athletic. Ive only seen one full Delaware game so far this season, and I was very impressed. It was v. Delaware State. Devlin went 19 for 29 for 227 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT. But he looked good in his throws, made good reads, and showed great mobility in the pocket.

Im excited to see his game against UMASS he put up bigger numbers in that game.

I owe a lot of my abilities to posters like Ing who have let bounce ideas and theories off of them for years on scouting and have encouraged me to hone my skills and to pursue it no matter what other people say. Ing, along with the entire staff here, and other posters like Mystic, TigerJ, XEra, Pat, Tatonka, Spaz, SAB and countless others who Im forgetting are who I have to thank for pushing me to be better. Scary enough its been nearly a decade that Ive been doing this now...

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
But he will probably play QB in the NFL though right?

i don't know. probably not... he'll likely be a RB/FB/TE or something like that...

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Ok. so more of a gimmicky kind of player then..

I like his heart but if he can't play QB he can't play QB.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Give me a list of the top 3 Quarterbacks to contribute right away. I understand, certain guys have more potential. We need a NFL ready Quarterback, similar to Ryan and Flacco. So can you rank the top 3 NFL ready QB' that need the least time to develop and adjust. Which automatically removes Tebow. Much appreciated.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 04:06 PM

don't get me wrong. the Kid can make a lot of good throws. his arm has never been a big question. But draftboy hit the problem right on the head. He runs what amounts to a SINGLE read offense. All he has to figure out is what the end is doing... that picks if he'll run, throw or handoff.

You're basically asking an option quarterback to make the leap to the NFL.

If a pro team wants to sit him on the bench al la Seneca Wallace, and let him watch for 3-5 years.. he might be able to play pro ball under center. but it will take YEARS of investment to make him one, not something you want out of a 1st round draft pick.. who should be able to help day one.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:10 PM
I am assuming it goes in this order from reading up on the choices. I gather that these guys would be most ready to contribute from the start and be able to handle NFL style offense and not be too raw. 1. Bradford 2. Clausen 3. Snead

X-Era
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM

You ran along side it for a while but finally caught up!

:up:

Yeah, I don't see him as a legit starter in the NFL.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Give me a list of the top 3 Quarterbacks to contribute right away. I understand, certain guys have more potential. We need a NFL ready Quarterback, similar to Ryan and Flacco. So can you rank the top 3 NFL ready QB' that need the least time to develop and adjust. Which automatically removes Tebow. Much appreciated.

yikes... in this draft?

no one i would hang my hat on... a few who might be able to contribute day one... but i really wouldn't be willing to throw a number one pick at them for the chance...

Bradford
Locker
Clausen or Devlin

but again, i think Clausen and Devlin would be stupid to come out this year (they both probably need one more year)... and only Bradford or Locker i be happy to spend much more then a middle of the pack 2nd rounder on.

think of it this way... I'd like there to be more then a 50% chance of a guy making it before i spend a late first round on him... and a 75% chance the guy makes it before i spend a top 15 pick on him... and a 95% chance the guy will work out before i spend a top 5 pick on him.

None of the guys in this draft scratch the 50% mark in my mind. i might change my mind by the end of the year... but none of the guys i listed are over the 30% mark in my head.

would you spend a top 10 pick on a 30% chance for success?

I wouldn't

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Give me a list of the top 3 Quarterbacks to contribute right away. I understand, certain guys have more potential. We need a NFL ready Quarterback, similar to Ryan and Flacco. So can you rank the top 3 NFL ready QB' that need the least time to develop and adjust. Which automatically removes Tebow. Much appreciated. Sooooooooooooooo

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
yikes... in this draft?

no one i would hang my hat on... a few who might be able to contribute day one... but i really wouldn't be willing to throw a number one pick at them for the chance...

Bradford
Locker
Clausen or Devlin

but again, i think Clausen and Devlin would be stupid to come out this year (they both probably need one more year)... and only Bradford or Locker i be happy to spend much more then a middle of the pack 2nd rounder on.

think of it this way... I'd like there to be more then a 50% chance of a guy making it before i spend a late first round on him... and a 75% chance the guy makes it before i spend a top 15 pick on him... and a 95% chance the guy will work out before i spend a top 5 pick on him.

None of the guys in this draft scratch the 50% mark in my mind. i might change my mind by the end of the year... but none of the guys i listed are over the 30% mark in my head.

would you spend a top 10 pick on a 30% chance for success?

I wouldn't Wasn't Bradford better than Stafford?

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Yikes...

Ill preface my list with this...Not 1 QB in next years class should be playing on Opening Day, imo.

1. Tony Pike
2. Jake Locker
3. Snead/Clausen/Devlin/Hillier/LeFevour

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Wasn't Bradford better than Stafford?

Better in what way?

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Yikes? Why are you guys getting scared about this? Pick a top 3

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Wasn't Bradford better than Stafford?

I don't know. i wasn't thrilled with last years QBs either.

I'm reserving judgment on both Stafford and Sanchez... as they both are running some pretty basic 2 read offenses right now, though Stafford seems to be making a few steps forward.. i've yet to see significant progress with sanchez.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Yikes...

Ill preface my list with this...Not 1 QB in next years class should be playing on Opening Day, imo.

1. Tony Pike
2. Jake Locker
3. Snead/Clausen/Devlin/Hillier/LeFevour So I am assuming you believe, Sam Bradford is not NFL Ready. And possibly overrated?

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Did you two guys expect Flacco to become this good, this fast? He has a canon and has played very well in b-more.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Yikes? Why are you guys getting scared about this? Pick a top 3

Well the draft is still 7 months away so lending your name to a top 3 this early allows idiots to bring it up months later to say your flip flopping and what not. Also its still EXTREMELY early in the eval process to be grading players against each other. We are just getting into the heart of conf play where you see a lot more than you would against these guys play FCS opponents. For instance if you want to see Tony Pike tune in on Thursday when he plays undefeated South Florida. Should be a really good game and tell us something about Pike's maturation.

We both picked a top 3.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Did you two guys expect Flacco to become this good, this fast? He has a canon and has played very well in b-more.

he was pretty bad last year... (despite Baltimore's record)

But he's really surprised me this year. No... i didn't expect Flacco to make the leap to the NFL as well as he has. Flacco is clearly the real deal.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
So I am assuming you believe, Sam Bradford is not NFL Ready. And possibly overrated?

I would say that I think both to be true, yes.

Great kid, and has good skills, but not elite skills and certainly not top of Round 1 skills.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Flacco didnt really do a whole lot last season to have the media all over him. But he's shown a ton of growth in the offseason. Not sure if its him working hard, or if he always had that and the coaches trust him more now.

I had serious doubts about him, esp considering the way he sky rocketed through the charts in the month prior to the draft. I was wrong about him, Ill admit that.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Well the draft is still 7 months away so lending your name to a top 3 this early allows idiots to bring it up months later to say your flip flopping and what not. Also its still EXTREMELY early in the eval process to be grading players against each other. We are just getting into the heart of conf play where you see a lot more than you would against these guys play FCS opponents. For instance if you want to see Tony Pike tune in on Thursday when he plays undefeated South Florida. Should be a really good game and tell us something about Pike's maturation.

We both picked a top 3.
Well it is obvious these are just your picks at this point in time. It is obvious they will change as the season plays out and players emerge.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:30 PM
he was pretty bad last year... (despite Baltimore's record)

But he's really surprised me this year. No... i didn't expect Flacco to make the leap to the NFL as well as he has. Flacco is clearly the real deal. I thought Flacco played well last year as a rookie. They weren't allowing him to take shots down the field like this year. This year they took the diapers off.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 04:32 PM
So I am assuming you believe, Sam Bradford is not NFL Ready. And possibly overrated?

I'm not sure... i'll hedge on this one...

I like some of what i see... but what i don't like is he's surrounded by all world talent and still doesn't overwhelm me when i watch him. He puts up numbers like you'd expect a guy with that type of talent around him to put up.

I'll explain what bugs me about him... he reminds me of Chris Simms. I can't shake the feeling that if Chris Simms was on the sooners he'd look just like bradford.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure... i'll hedge on this one...

I like some of what i see... but what i don't like is he's surrounded by all world talent and still doesn't overwhelm me when i watch him. He puts up numbers like you'd expect a guy with that type of talent around him to put up.

I'll explain what bugs me about him... he reminds me of Chris Simms.

I agree with that plus I hate to see him when he's under pressure. I mean the kid just hates being hit, and in the NFL thats a big part of the game. He gets rattled and while he can fight through it and make plays. It also leads to him making bad decisions with the ball or hurrying his read or mechanics.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Well it is obvious these are just your picks at this point in time. It is obvious they will change as the season plays out and players emerge.

Yes well you are level headed, you forget most aren't.