PDA

View Full Version : Is it Trent, or is it the O Line?

shelby
10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Just curious as to your opinion. Is Trent the problem, or is the O line the problem?

{Andre} Reed said he felt the heat on quarterback Trent Edwards is somewhat unfair, because Edwards is getting little protection from his offensive line.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=70981&catid=37

psubills62
10-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm saying both. The OL has done him no favors. And maybe it has affected his long-term mentality. However, he still doesn't get it done even when he has time. Two sacks isn't that big of a deal, yet the offense only scored 3 points against Cleveland? Come on...

yordad
Well, I think it is clearly both, but I don't think the line is as bad as Trent makes it look. It is like he just holds the ball just long enough so he has an excuse to make a bad pass.

The bigger problem is Trent, IMO. And, if Rodgers can put up way better numbers with a worse o-line and less talent at the skill positions, then that is proof Trent isn't good.

justasportsfan
all three. Trent , OL and coaching.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Trent, with a little help. There is NO excuse for Edwards not being able to put up more than 3 points against the Browns. not even 9 offsides calls. with the weapons he has around him, we should be scoring almost at will against bad teams. edwards has become a basketcase, and wont be with the Bills much longer.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
if Rodgers can put up way better numbers with a worse o-line and less talent at the skill positions, then that is proof Trent isn't good.

exactly. the Pack's OL is atrocious at best.

Typ0
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM
TE has a role in it for sure. He's got to know the OLine is young and they are learning. He is responsible to make adjustments for that...but so are the coaches. Why the hell are they playing this no huddle crap for example. They have to execute with a huddle before they can go without. As poor as they've performed I am liking the OLine in the long haul here. But no one is doing anything to help them get over the hump.

JediMindPowers
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM
It was a crime what OBD did to the Oline this offseason.

That alone should get their top guys fired.

Needless to say though, Edwards is not a starter in this league.

That much is obvious.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Trent, with a little help. There is NO excuse for Edwards not being able to put up more than 3 points against the Browns. not even 9 offsides calls. with the weapons he has around him, we should be scoring almost at will against bad teams. edwards has become a basketcase, and wont be with the Bills much longer.

Not even Rob Johnson was that bad.

There's something about the browns that makes Trent crap in his pants.

JediMindPowers
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll take c) It's the talent and scouting department.

They always seem to make the wrong decisions on everything....coach, draft picks, dismantling Oline, etc.

Dujek
10-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Both. Trent is playing scared because he believes the o-line will get him killed, and drives are stalling because of the o-line giving up dumb penalties, however, even on downs where Trent is getting plenty of time he's still playing scared, possibly because he always expects to be hit, but he still has to grow a set and realise he won't get hit on every down.

madness
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Last three games might be just the worse three game OL performance in Bills history.

Demon
10-12-2009, 01:51 PM
The offensive line makes tons of mistakes and anyone on this forum or any media expert could have told you that they will make tons of mistakes because of inexperience. There are plays where Edwards just has no time. But, under throwing a wide open Owens, not seeing Evans a bazillion times this season, keep passing short, it's all on Trent. He stinks. He may even be worse then Rob Johnson.

Mad Bomber
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Yes.

EDS
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
exactly. the Pack's OL is atrocious at best.

Bills o-line is atrocious at best too.

yordad
10-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Not even Rob Johnson was that bad.

There's something about the browns that makes Trent crap in his pants.The 3-4 defense.

Michael82
10-12-2009, 02:13 PM
It's both but Edwards is more to blame. Sure Trent Edwards gets killed behind this pathetic excuse for an OL. But there are times where he actually has time and throws a pathetic pass or still dumps the ball off. :ill:

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Bills o-line is atrocious at best too.

perhaps, but id much rather have The Bills line than The Packers. Have you seen them play? It's like watching water run through a sieve. Rodgers still manages to put up plenty of points though.

malo
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Both.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 02:28 PM
The 3-4 defense.
he's played better against the other 3-4 defenses but he has a problem vs. the crappiest 3-4 defenses in the browns.

jamze132
10-12-2009, 02:29 PM
It's obviously both. You can also blame OBD for assembling this huge pile of ****.

yordad
10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
he's played better against the other 3-4 defenses but he has a problem vs. the crappiest 3-4 defenses in the browns.The Bills are 0-11 vs the last 11 they played, and they have average about 10 points during them contest. Actually, the Bills output last year vs the Browns was one of the higher outputs vs the last eleven 3-4s, if not the highest.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
:rofl:

6 Lickers voted for Edwards.

it's obvious that the OL is terrible and Edwards isn't much better than the guy he replaced.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 02:36 PM
The Bills are 0-11 vs the last 11 they played, and they have average about 10 points during them contest. Actually, the Bills output last year vs the Browns was one of the higher outputs vs the last eleven 3-4s, if not the highest.

are we talking points or yards? I am talking about Trents performance. Trents worst three games not including the fins game last week were all against the browns.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 02:38 PM

who?

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Offsides #77 5 yard penalty, repeat 1st down.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 02:39 PM
who?

:idunno:

Jan Reimers
10-12-2009, 03:15 PM
It's both. But the O-line has a chance to get better.

Commissioner
10-12-2009, 03:22 PM
They seriously need to scrap this no huddle... it's not helping this extremely young offensive line out.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
:idunno:

so who are these lickers?

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:32 PM
so who are these lickers?

it never showed the names.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 03:34 PM
it never showed the names.

just startin crap huh?

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:37 PM
just startin crap huh?

we're up to 8 Lickers. :couch: :snicker:

shelby
10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
:rofl:

it's obvious that the OL is terrible and Edwards isn't much better than the guy he replaced.

i'm not a licker, and i voted for Edwards.

:D

Borosai
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Both.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
i'm not a licker, and i voted for Edwards.

:D

i never pictured you being a licker. a nibbler but not a licker. :giggity:

ParanoidAndroid
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Well, I think it is clearly both, but I don't think the line is as bad as Trent makes it look. It is like he just holds the ball just long enough so he has an excuse to make a bad pass.

The bigger problem is Trent, IMO. And, if Rodgers can put up way better numbers with a worse o-line and less talent at the skill positions, then that is proof Trent isn't good.

The o-line, maybe. The skill positions? Jennings and Driver are a pretty nice pair of receivers and Finley has been beast at TE. Our RB's are better. That said, Rogers is a better QB than a lot of other QB's around the league. Rogers had a few years behind Favre which is a huge benefit to him.

yordad
10-12-2009, 06:12 PM
The o-line, maybe. The skill positions? Jennings and Driver are a pretty nice pair of receivers and Finley has been beast at TE. Our RB's are better. That said, Rogers is a better QB than a lot of other QB's around the league. Rogers had a few years behind Favre which is a huge benefit to him.I take TO and Lee with a competent QB over Jennings and Driver 8 days a week. And, that is no knock on Driver and Jennings at all, they are very good.

Our RBs are considerably better then theirs. And, I didn't count their TE, but when you look at the gap between our RBs and theirs, that more then makes up for the TEs.

I know Rodgers is better then a lot of other QBs. Trent might compare to his backup, but that is the point. Well, that and the fact that Trent has very little excuse not to be putting up some numbers if he was any good.

JD
10-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Ten people blame it squarely on Edwards :rofl:

Are they watching the game??

yordad
10-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Ten people blame it squarely on Edwards :rofl:

Are they watching the game??9 blamed it on the o-line, are they watching is the better question.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I say both, too many penalties and missed blocks. But when Trent has time he can't find a wide receiver either. He looks like Rob Johnson more and more to me every game.