PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Candidates Will View Wilson Like Al Davis

Night Train
10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
They won't even consider coming here.

Davis is seen as a total control loon and Wilson is seen as a meddling, cheapskate coach hiring owner.

Even if Jauron lasts the season and his canned after, the Bills will still owe him 6 Mil. That means Wilson would never hire a Shanahan/Gruden type who would want at least double what Jauron makes. Plus they never would put up with his meddling.

Wilson will hire some quality control/QB coach from another NFL or CFL team who will accept 1 Mil and a 2001 Ford Tempo.

Then he'll have Brandon sell it like the parting of the Red Sea.

I wouldn't be surprised if he called Indy QB coach Frank Reich. Inexperienced but popular... and WOULD work cheap.

Bulldog
10-12-2009, 01:39 PM
They won't even consider coming here.

Davis is seen as a total control loon and Wilson is seen as a meddling, cheapskate coach hiring owner.

Even if Jauron lasts the season and his canned after, the Bills will still owe him 6 Mil. That means Wilson would never hire a Shanahan/Gruden type who would want at least double what Jauron makes. Plus they never would put up with his meddling.

Wilson will hire some quality control/QB coach from another NFL or CFL team who will accept 1 Mil and a 2001 Ford Tempo.

Then he'll have Brandon sell it like the parting of the Red Sea.

I wouldn't be surprised if he called Indy QB coach Frank Reich. Inexperienced but popular... and WOULD work cheap.

And then they could sell the fans that Reich taught Manning everything he knows. How he oversaw a passing offense that set several NFL records and sent Manning to the Pro Bowl. I can see it now. Somebody ****ing shoot me please.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 01:40 PM
guys, seriously... dont give russ brandon any ideas.

ArcticWildMan
10-12-2009, 01:42 PM
It's time for the people of Buffalo to boycott this disaster. The only way anything is going to change is if the fans stop attending games to send a message.

Demon
10-12-2009, 01:47 PM
It's time for the people of Buffalo to boycott this disaster. The only way anything is going to change is if the fans stop attending games to send a message.

They already took my season ticket money so i might as well get hammered and still go.... along with the other 55k season ticket holders.

Night Train
10-12-2009, 01:48 PM

A boycott won't be needed.

Watch how many fans attend the remaining home games if they get blown out in these next 2 road games.

ArcticWildMan
10-12-2009, 01:50 PM
They already took my season ticket money so i might as well get hammered and still go.... along with the other 55k season ticket holders.

I disagree....you are still putting money into Ralph's pocket with the parking fees and concession money.

The only way things will change is if the Ralph is empty.

Demon
10-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I disagree....you are still putting money into Ralph's pocket with the parking fees and concession money.

The only way things will change is if the Ralph is empty.

And give him more reason to pack up and leave town?

We as fans are in a lose/lose situation. We just need to hope he listens to some of the former players for once and pray he decides to sell the team to a local group.

ArcticWildMan
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
And give him more reason to pack up and leave town?

We as fans are in a lose/lose situation. We just need to hope he listens to some of the former players for once and pray he decides to sell the team to a local group.

Who cares if the team leaves town!! What we have now isn't even worth wasting our time on. We are the joke of the NFL. Moving the team would be doing the city of Buffalo a favor at this point.

Demon
10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Who cares if the team leaves town!! What we have now isn't even worth wasting our time on. We are the joke of the NFL. Moving the team would be doing the city of Buffalo a favor at this point.

Speak for yourself. I care if they leave town. I love the Bills and hope one day they can somehow get over this hump and get good again. Teams who were jokes of the NFL 10 years ago are doing good now... Arizona, Cincy...we won't be bad forever but if they leave, we'll never be good, or bad ever again. Once football leaves, it won't come back. We are not going to be as lucky as Cleveland or Baltimore.

Support the team and hope local investors decide to give a real good offer to Ralph to sell.

justasportsfan
10-12-2009, 02:14 PM
we would have to find a McDaniels amongst the current Coordinators . These guys would love a shot at a HC job.

We could still land a big named coach but he would likely ask full power to run everything so no one else gets in his way.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2009, 02:18 PM
we would have to find a McDaniels amongst the current Coordinators . These guys would love a shot at a HC job.

We could still land a big named coach but he would likely ask full power to run everything so no one else gets in his way.

No good coach wants to pussy toe around the place, they want to be the man in charge.

bluerosekiller
10-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Let's face it folks.
As ghoulish as it may sound to some, this team will never be a legitimate, winning organization again until Wilson is in the ground. I mean, sure, we may be safe from the prospect of the Bills leaving town as long as he continues to draw breath, but is the product he sells us REALLY worth the cost? I say no.

If his death means that the Bills wind up going elsewhere to play under new ownership then so be it. At this point, if it takes a move to win, I'd rather see that rather than remaining constant losers & the laughing stock of the entire NFL/nation/world.
Seriously.
After yesterday's atrocity of a game & today's total lack of a response to it by Wilson, I say f**k it. He obviously has no passion left for life, cares nothing about his team or the NFL & at 91, likely naps through the rest of his existence so his family won't miss him much, if at all. So, IMO, he ought to be more than ready to give up the ghost & allow the rest of the world to get on & move ahead without his stubborn old self making everyone else miserable.

Demon
10-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Let's face it folks.
As ghoulish as it may sound to some, this team will never be a legitimate, winning organization again until Wilson is in the ground. I mean, sure, we may be safe from the prospect of the Bills leaving town as long as he continues to draw breath, but is the product he sells us REALLY worth the cost? I say no.

If his death means that the Bills wind up going elsewhere to play under new ownership then so be it. At this point, if it takes a move to win, I'd rather see that rather than remaining constant losers & the laughing stock of the entire NFL/nation/world.
Seriously.
After yesterday's atrocity of a game & today's total lack of a response to it by Wilson, I say f**k it. He obviously has no passion left for life, cares nothing about his team or the NFL & at 91, likely naps through the rest of his existence so his family won't miss him much, if at all. So, IMO, he ought to be more than ready to give up the ghost & allow the rest of the world to get on & move ahead without his stubborn old self making everyone else miserable.

The longer he lives, the more time Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas have to convince him to sell local. If Ralph dies without a sale, kiss the team good bye.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 02:48 PM
And then they could sell the fans that Reich taught Manning everything he knows. How he oversaw a passing offense that set several NFL records and sent Manning to the Pro Bowl. I can see it now. Somebody ****ing shoot me please.

:rofl:

baalworship
10-12-2009, 03:12 PM
We are not the Raiders, sorry. Ralph's cheapness involves spending money on the head coach, not an issue with players.

While Buffalo is not going to top any coaches list there are worse places to end up. The Raiders owner actually makes the picks. While we can blame Ralph for many things he does not makes the picks here.

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Guys we all know the BILLS are sturuggling but what would it feel like if the Bills weren't in Buffalo....... THINK ABOUT IT??????

Buddo
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
While there may not be the levels of salary invoved as elsewhere, at least Wilson has given Jauron a decent opportunity in terms of time, to try and put a good team on the field. That of itself, actually makes the job more attractive, than probably quite a few others.