PDA

View Full Version : Walterfootball.com has us drafting 9th overall.

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Commentary:
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Gerald McCoy (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010gmccoy.php), DT, Oklahoma http://walterfootball.com/college/Oklahoma_logo.gif
Addressing the left tackle and wide receiver positions are options, but the Bills are going BPA and filling a need with this pick. The Dolphins just gashed Buffalo for 250 yards, so help is really needed in the middle of the defensive line.

Pick change; previously Bryan Bulaga, OT

With our second round pick, they have us choosing Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse.

Commentary:
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse http://walterfootball.com/college/Syracuse_logo.gif
Buffalo brought in Terrell Owens to be an explosive downfield option for Trent Edwards. Unfortunately, Owens has lost his explosion and is now nothing more than a distraction in the locker room.

With Owens gone and Roscoe Parrish likely traded next offseason, Steve Johnson will move into the slot. However, someone opposite of Lee Evans is needed - and Josh Reed is not an option.

Pick change; previously Bruce Campbell, OT

Third round pick: Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State.

Commentary:
http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State http://walterfootball.com/college/OklahomaState_logo.gif
I wanted to give the Bills a quarterback earlier in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft, but they just weren't in position to draft one without seriously reaching. The new regime gets "their guy" here.

Pick change; previously Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB

My thoughts:

Walter has his top 10 as such:

1. Jimmy Clausen to Saint Louis
2. Russell Okung to Kansas City
3. Ndamukong Suh to Tampa Bay
4. Sam Bradford to Cleveland
5. Taylor Mays to Oakland
6. Jake Locker to Washington
7. Eric Berry to Detroit
8. Bryan Baluga to Iowa
9. Gerald McCoy to Buffalo
10. Carlos Dunlap to Tennessee

I don't agree with any of the picks to be honest with you. Gerald McCoy is great. But we will have a new coach and probably switch to the 3-4. So why choose McCoy over Terrence Cody? Cody is a beast of a nose tackle.

Why are we not picking QB or OT????

I bet we pick top six and if Bradford is available there, we take him. Baluga or Okung are also great picks if we do pick top six.

Mike Williams is great, but are we so quick to give up on Hardy?He's been injured, he's not dead.

Zac Robinson is my hero. Of course, I am a huge Oklahoma State fan and watched him grow in the big 12. He is accurate, intelligent and very athletic. I am not saying I wouldnt be happy to have him on the team, but a third round pick on this guy assuming he will be our starter at some point may be a little high.

I think there is a possibility that Robinson will be good in the NFL, but it may take him a while.

My top pick would be:

1. Bradford, Baluga, Suh, Cody or Okung.

I guess it all depends on who the new coach is, if we switch offenses/ defensive schemes and where we pick.

casdhf
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't think Cleveland will draft another QB in the first.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 03:41 PM
slot us into washington's spot and draft Locker.

Mitchell55
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
We dont need a DT yet. Stroud and Williams are good for another 2-3 years. Get a QB, LB, and OT with the top 3 picks. I want Bradford, then a OT, then a LB. Lets see how Hardy does before we look for a WR.

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
take Naaman Roosevelt in the 3rd if we want a WR.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Trent Williams or Charles Brown then, anything to get rid of Demetrius Bell.

Btw, we'll be picking higher than 9, take that to the bank. We should have a shot at an extremely talented LT.

Mad Bomber
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM

7. Eric Berry to Detroit
8. Bryan Baluga to Iowa

Baluga from Iowa to San Francisco.

If this were true, SanFran would be stealing yet another needed pick from us.

Lets GO Bills! We can finish with a worse record than SF!!!!

X-Era
10-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Commentary:

With our second round pick, they have us choosing Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse.

Commentary:

Third round pick: Zac Robinson, QB, Oklahoma State.

Commentary:

My thoughts:

7. Eric Berry to Detroit
8. Bryan Baluga to Iowa

I don't agree with any of the picks to be honest with you. Gerald McCoy is great. But we will have a new coach and probably switch to the 3-4. So why choose McCoy over Terrence Cody? Cody is a beast of a nose tackle.

Why are we not picking QB or OT????

I bet we pick top six and if Bradford is available there, we take him. Baluga or Okung are also great picks if we do pick top six.

Mike Williams is great, but are we so quick to give up on Hardy?He's been injured, he's not dead.

Zac Robinson is my hero. Of course, I am a huge Oklahoma State fan and watched him grow in the big 12. He is accurate, intelligent and very athletic. I am not saying I wouldnt be happy to have him on the team, but a third round pick on this guy assuming he will be our starter at some point may be a little high.

I think there is a possibility that Robinson will be good in the NFL, but it may take him a while.

My top pick would be:

1. Bradford, Baluga, Suh, Cody or Okung.

I guess it all depends on who the new coach is, if we switch offenses/ defensive schemes and where we pick.

Clausen is not worthy of the #1 pick IMO.

He doesn't do anything well enough to be worthy of that pick. Late 1? sure I could see that.

Bradford? yes. Locker at 6? maybe?

psubills62
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Baluga from Iowa to San Francisco.

If this were true, SanFran would be stealing yet another needed pick from us.

Lets GO Bills! We can finish with a worse record than SF!!!!

We will finish with a worse record than SF. The problem is that they have Carolina's first round pick....

OpIv37
10-12-2009, 05:28 PM
First, having us picking 9th is ridiculously optimistic. We may not win another game all season.

Second, we need to go QB earlier than the 3rd round. We need to find our franchise QB, by either getting one of the top 2 or 3 in the draft or getting the best one available via FA/trade regardless of the cost.

Third, I don't care what position he plays or what school he's from, I don't want this franchise to draft another player named Mike Williams EVER.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
First, having us picking 9th is ridiculously optimistic. We may not win another game all season.

Second, we need to go QB earlier than the 3rd round. We need to find our franchise QB, by either getting one of the top 2 or 3 in the draft or getting the best one available via FA/trade regardless of the cost.

Third, I don't care what position he plays or what school he's from, I don't want this franchise to draft another player named Mike Williams EVER.

I thanked you for the all the comments prior to Mike Williams.

Hes pretty damn good.

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Trade up for Bradford! The Jets got their future in Sanchez, the Dolphins are bringing Henne around nicely and we are in the same division as Tom Brady. WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB!!!!!!!!!

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
This draft is horrendously mocked. Jonathan Dwyer in Round 2 is a joke, imo.

As for our picks only switch Id make would be dump Zac Robinson and take Selvish Capers in Round 3.

k-oneputt
10-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Running backs are dime a dozen.

Locker is the pick.

Crisis
10-12-2009, 05:53 PM
lol, what are the odds that san fran picks ahead of us again and completely screws us yet again?

The Jokeman
10-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Trade up for Bradford! The Jets got their future in Sanchez, the Dolphins are bringing Henne around nicely and we are in the same division as Tom Brady. WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB!!!!!!!!!
Before getting Henne the Dolphins drafted Jake Long, before getting Sanchez the Jets drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Before getting Flacco the Ravens got Jared Gaither. In the same draft as getting Matt Ryan the Falcons got Sam Baker.

EDIT: In terms of the original mock, I'd have no problems getting McCoy at pick #9. As Stroud is over 30 and I'm not sold on Kyle Williams as a full time starter.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 06:13 PM
lol, what are the odds that san fran picks ahead of us again and completely screws us yet again?

Slim to none.

We are way worse than SF. I could see them sneak into the Wildcard.

Im more worried about Miami... do they really think Henne is the man? Maybe not.

yordad
10-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Arg, going into week 6 we are all looking forward to next years draft!

psubills62
10-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Slim to none.

We are way worse than SF. I could see them sneak into the Wildcard.

Im more worried about Miami... do they really think Henne is the man? Maybe not.

Carolina traded San Fran their first round pick for 2010. Carolina has a chance of ending up worse than us.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Carolina traded San Fran their first round pick for 2010. Carolina has a chance of ending up worse than us.
Still dont see it, were really bad and Carolina has some very good players.

That said, you KNOW Carolina will be looking for a QB.

Kenny
10-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I dont mind it too much. While our offense will suffer, I wouldnt mind transforming our defense into something that opponents fear.

Have the new coach transform our offense into a true smashmouth offense, and bring in a vet QB to play next year.

psubills62
10-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Still dont see it, were really bad and Carolina has some very good players.

That said, you KNOW Carolina will be looking for a QB.

Carolina has a pretty bad defense, although Chris Harris coming back helps them. It could come down to when we play them.

YoungEz
10-12-2009, 06:29 PM
We have to draft heavy on the lines and add in free agency. But we really need coaching and better management at the top.

Clausen and Bradford prolly wont end up in the top 10 depending how the rest of year and scouting goes.