PDA

View Full Version : Who has the balls to actually DO something about this mess?

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Seriously
I've read a lot of you talk about boycotts.

Well, who here is ACTUALLY willing to boycott the rest of the Bills games. Who is willing to convince others to do the same?

Seriously... I'm curious if anyone would be willing to go around and actually organize a boycott....

Patmoran I'm looking at you... you have media contacts... you have a growing blog. This is a great idea to run with. Calling out a chicken **** owner who wouldn't accept a HOPF ring in front of the fans because he KNOWS he's a cheapskate who only got it for being old.

There is no reasonable human being who doesn't know Jauron is only still employed because RW is too damn cheap to pay out his contract. No one in the world believes he can fix this team. That suddenly he will figure out how to be a real coach.

Well that's OUR hard earned money Ralph is pocketing. Yet we only ask in return that he try to give us a winning team. Instead he pockets millions and we get garbage.

So turn this into a media covered actual boycott. Use the message boards. Use BSD. Get people organizing and sending out press releases to Buffalo News and RD&C. See if you can get notice.

As for me.... If anyone is willing to track me down a press pass, I will gladly go on a public tirade and get in Jauron's, Brandon's and Ralph's face and create a major scene where is question their integrity and dedication to fans that are more dedicated than almost every other teams. They arne't keeping up their end of the deal. ANd I"d let them know before security removed me.
:rockout:

SABURZFAN
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
if The Old Fart would listen to me, he would have his football team in the playoffs.

casdhf
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I doubt Pat would want to put his press pass on the line to make a public scene. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
well... that's the big problem with media. They have to worry about being blackballed. There are lines they can't cross. Even Jerry Sullivan probably doesn't go as far as he'd like.

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
And for the record I don't expect that anyone will actually LET me do that. THe part about Pat was more about trying to lead a legit boycott.

The other problem is most people in Buffalo would rather go see a team that doesn't care about winning for fear that if they didn't Ralph would move the team (or arrange it after he dies... if he hasn't already)

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 03:48 PM
It would be hilarious if no one went into the game and just tailgated.

Canadian'eh!
10-12-2009, 03:52 PM
have to say... I'm seriously coming to my limit with this team.

I'm seriously thinking of turning in my fan card.

I won't even go cheer for another team. I'll just watch Football casually like I watch basketball. I have no fave team, but watch great players and great matchups when they are on.

I'm just having a hard time caring about this team, when I feel like they don't care about winning. The idea of this entire team being ONLY about making the most amount money for Ralph Wilson disgusts me.

JD
10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
It would be hilarious if no one went into the game and just tailgated.

LETS DO THAT.

We've got WEEKS to plan this. facebook/myspace/twitter...that will get the message spread quickly...especially if we get former bills players to back us, they can re-tweet for us.

Historian
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Ive been boycotting this team since 2007.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:06 PM
LETS DO THAT.

We've got WEEKS to plan this. facebook/myspace/twitter...that will get the message spread quickly...especially if we get former bills players to back us, they can re-tweet for us.
I am in. I had a blast tailgaiting but was never so bored at the actaul game...

JD
10-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I am in. I had a blast tailgaiting but was never so bored at the actaul game...
Im setting up a facebook event now.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
NICE

Typ0
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Ive been boycotting this team since 2007.

2003 for me.

don137
10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
I am not sure if you can get enough people to boycott games. I'm sure something like have everyone where a paper bag over their head and draw a disgruntled face on the front may be more popular.
Seeing thousands of people with bags over their heads may be more noticeable since it shows the dissatisfaction with the team then an empty seat and you probably would get more people buying into it since many people don't want to waste their money boycotting the game altogether..

Typ0
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
boycott buying the tickets in the first place..

I am not sure if you can get enough people to boycott games. I'm sure something like have everyone where a paper bag over their head and draw a disgruntled face on the front may be more popular.
Seeing thousands of people with bags over their heads may be more noticeable since it shows the dissatisfaction with the team then an empty seat and you probably would get more people buying into it since many people don't want to waste their money boycotting the game altogether..

JD
10-12-2009, 06:15 PM
I haven't purchased anything Bills since 2005. The only money that went toward Ralph since then was for the Ice Bowl. **** you Ralph!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-12-2009, 06:29 PM
If I where to set up something like you are talking about this is what I would do;

Bring lots of brown bags, and I mean a lot 70000 and pass them out while tailgating.

When the gates open have people positioned at as many gate as possible passing out bags.

I think you would get plenty of fans to participate and would be the easiest way to organize. The only cost would be the bags. Maybe start up a donation or something.

Just a thought.

don137
10-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I haven't purchased anything Bills since 2005. The only money that went toward Ralph since then was for the Ice Bowl. **** you Ralph!
So you are trying to arrange a boycott but are not participating in it and wasting your money?