PDA

View Full Version : FACEBOOK EVENT: Don't go into the game on November 1st!

JD
10-12-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=197234359408

:band: :band: :band:

It's about time us fans do something on a larger scale.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Bunion
10-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Someone on the Bills forum came up with this idea, and I think it has merit. All fans attending a Bills game should wear black, as much as they can. Could be jeans, hoodies, or suits for all we care.

Why? For two reasons. Because as the original holder of the idea said, we are going to a funeral, 1, and the cameramen and TV announcers will not be able to avoid it. Security cannot confiscate your pants, and everybody has black something.

Facebook, telephone, twitter, word-of-mouth, whatever. Get the word out.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice man this is going quick. A girl I know shared it without me even saying anything!

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:30 PM
DUDE THIS IS BLOWING UP ALREADY!!!!

Dr. Pepper
10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
if the ralph was filled with black on november 1st it would be an incredible sight!

OpIv37
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Do it guys- I live in VA so I won't be able to participate but I'd love to see those of you who are closer send the team a message.

And I'll gladly help spread the word.

The King
there are only 3confirmed guests.... not really blowing up

T-Long
I am going to mention this on my NFL.com blog so make sure it is all set up and raring to go. I need Pat to write a story about it so I can link his story. I don't want to link a facebook page because there are a lot of fans out there who don't use facebook and would have to create an account to view it. Pat, can you do this?

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
there are only 3confirmed guests.... not really blowing up
Maybe not but 7 of my friends already shared it back out(in 5 minutes). Maybe they just didn't hit the attend button though.

THATHURMANATOR
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I am going to mention this on my NFL.com blog so make sure it is all set up and raring to go. I need Pat to write a story about it so I can link his story. I don't want to link a facebook page because there are a lot of fans out there who don't use facebook and would have to create an account to view it. Pat, can you do this?
Good work sir!!!

TacklingDummy
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Pink would be a better idea.

T-Long
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I already have my article written about the Browns game and little preview for the Jets. I will wait to send it in until I can get a link from Pat or anyone else.

Bunion
10-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Pink would be a better idea.

I hear you, but everybody knows what the color black means; nothing good. If you black out the TV broadcast, who cares? Black out the inside of the Ralph, and who could not notice what is going on?

Typ0
10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
what is it about people that they believe wearing black or not going into a game is really going to make a difference? I mean, it's kind of selfish to just do something so you can feel like you are doing something and ratiionalize you are helping. Helping would be not buying tickets or merchandise in the first place. Buying up the tickets and then not going to the game is going to do what again?

sdbillsfan2
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I think this is a great idea. As soon as I thought about all the Bills fans showing up dressed in black it reminded me of a funeral .lol Bye Dick!
unfortunately being here on the west coast , it's harder to make a statement .
I might just send some flowers to the Bills Clubhouse for Jauron memorializing his funeral. ..

Or maybe we could take up a collection and any zoner going to the game could toss some flowers on the field for those of us unable to attend. sort of a Bills Zone special touch! . I'd say dead pansies are pretty much the style of this organization these days!

dannyek71
10-12-2009, 04:49 PM
what is it about people that they believe wearing black or not going into a game is really going to make a difference? I mean, it's kind of selfish to just do something so you can feel like you are doing something and ratiionalize you are helping. Helping would be not buying tickets or merchandise in the first place. Buying up the tickets and then not going to the game is going to do what again?

Threads like this are what made me give up BZ a year ago, and what are going to make me give up again. If our current record and the game on Sunday wasn't enough of a message to RW, and enough of a statement of how sorry our franchise is, then I highly doubt some people wearing different shirts to the game is going to make a difference.

JD
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM

Whats up debby downer?

The game is already ****ing sold out, what would you like us to do!?!?!!
This would attract mainstream attention and would embarrass the **** out of Ralph Wilson. It WILL help, whether you believe it will or not.

Bunion
10-12-2009, 04:51 PM
55,000 people already bought seasons tickets. People already ordered their TO and Trent Jerseys. Toronto's already lining Ralph's pockets. The guy's made his cash already. What else can we do?

JD
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Threads like this are what made me give up BZ a year ago, and what are going to make me give up again. If our current record and the game on Sunday wasn't enough of a message to RW, and enough of a statement of how sorry our franchise is, then I highly doubt some people wearing different shirts to the game is going to make a difference.
You're against fans trying to voice their opinions?

If this type of **** would have went down in the 50s and 60s, there would be much more going on that people not showing up for a game.. there would be riots.

People today are too big of pussys to do anything in an attempt to make change, and that definitely includes you.

Typ0
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Wilson has outright said on many occasions he could field the JILLS and still sell out...and it doesn't matter because the boxes don't bring in enough cash. And then he won't sell the naming rights. Don't try and sell your it will help jibberish. Until you prove to Wilson that losing has an impact on his pocketbook he might walk the party line and say "oh those poor people in black" to the media but he'll be snickering at you once the doors close.

Whats up debby downer?

This would attract mainstream attention and would embarrass the **** out of Ralph Wilson. It WILL help, whether you believe it will or not.

JD
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
If you'll be in the parking lot, wear black like it's a funeral. The Jauron Era is DEAD!

Demon
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Whats up debby downer?

I just think he's being realistic. Even if you get 10,000 people to do this, i highly doubt all 10,000 even have tickets to the game. But even if they do, 10,000 people is a massive amount of people for a kind of protest. It's highly doubtful you'll reach 10,000 people. But, even if you did, 10,000 people wearing black in a stadium of 73000 people mostly wearing blue and white jerseys and random jackets and sweatshirts, NOBODY will tell theres any kind of protest going on.

Typ0
10-12-2009, 04:55 PM
55,000 people already bought seasons tickets. People already ordered their TO and Trent Jerseys. Toronto's already lining Ralph's pockets. The guy's made his cash already.
What else can we do?

not renewing those tickets next time around is the only thing you are going to do that makes a difference. If you let them spin more crap into hope again it's going to be met with the same results.

JD
10-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Wilson has outright said on many occasions he could field the JILLS and still sell out...and it doesn't matter because the boxes don't bring in enough cash. And then he won't sell the naming rights. Don't try and sell your it will help jibberish. Until you prove to Wilson that losing has an impact on his pocketbook he might walk the party line and say "oh those poor people in black" to the media but he'll be snickering at you once the doors close.

Do you think he wants to be any more embarrassed? The guy just gets his HOF ring, then 77,000 people don't show up to his arena? That has bad press written all over it and I think he'll act then.

What else can we do? The tickets are sold. The jerseys are bought. What can we do RIGHT NOW to help? I'd rather do something and say we tried than sit around without doing nothing, wondering "what if"?

JD
10-12-2009, 04:59 PM
not renewing those tickets next time around is the only thing you are going to do that makes a difference. If you let them spin more crap into hope again it's going to be met with the same results.

That'll just show that "the people of buffalo dont care anymore" and further warrant a move up north.

This is to show him we're fed up RIGHT NOW. I can see where you're coming from but WHY NOT? What have we got to lose?

dannyek71
10-12-2009, 05:00 PM
You're against fans trying to voice their opinions?

If this type of **** would have went down in the 50s and 60s, there would be much more going on that people not showing up for a game.. there would be riots.

People today are too big of pussys to do anything in an attempt to make change, and that definitely includes you.

Are you going to be at the game and do this?

JD
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Are you going to be at the game and do this?

Yeah and we're bringing a TV to the tailgate for those who would still like to watch between keg stands.

Typ0
10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
That'll just show that "the people of buffalo dont care anymore" and further warrant a move up north.

This is to show him we're fed up RIGHT NOW. I can see where you're coming from but WHY NOT? What have we got to lose?

nothing personal man...but you sound like an absolute fool and the very people RW has been making a joke out of for years. He sells you crap and you keep buying it because if you didn't eat crap you'd having nothing to eat at all because RW won't provide anything more than crap. What you should be saying is give me a decent meal or I'm willing to die because I can't stand eating nothing but crap.

dannyek71
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah and we're bringing a TV to the tailgate for those who would still like to watch between keg stands.

You've bought a ticket which you are not going to use?

Demon
10-12-2009, 05:07 PM
nothing personal man...but you sound like an absolute fool and the very people RW has been making a joke out of for years. He sells you crap and you keep buying it because if you didn't eat crap you'd having nothing to eat at all because RW won't provide anything more than crap. What you should be saying is give me a decent meal or I'm willing to die because I can't stand eating nothing but crap.

Now that sounds stupid. Stop buying into the Bills and hope they spend money because they lost fans and lost money? Ralph is almost 91 years old. He's an arrogant old *****. When he sees an empty stadium or that he's starting to lose money, he'll accept one of the offers he's got and sell the team. Los Angeles and Toronto must be offering a truck load. Don't think Wilson hasn't thought about it before and if he's seeing signs of less money/less fans.... good bye Bills.

Demon
10-12-2009, 05:08 PM

Did you not read this thread? He bought a ticket and will wear black, as in, like he's going to a funeral.

JD
10-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Hmm... the last thing I bought was an Evans jersey in 05 so I think I've held up my end.

JD
10-12-2009, 05:14 PM

Partially. I go when my friend Amanda cant use her seat, it's free and I'm supposed to go vs. the Texans since she has work.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Think about the message your sending to potential suitors for the team who may actually want to keep it in WNY. If you piss us off we will protest?? I really think this is a bad idea and since this is a fan rally with little organization, any kind of press coverage is going to paint you guys in a bad light, especially if some drunken idiot gets a mic in front of him, or anybody without any real PR skills.

You have every right to be pissed and to fight for your team but you guys may be a little to hasty about this. Just fair warning.

Bunion
10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
As opposed to "Screw us 16 times a year for ten years, make millions and we won't say a word"?

JD
10-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Think about the message your sending to potential suitors for the team who may actually want to keep it in WNY. If you piss us off we will protest?? I really think this is a bad idea and since this is a fan rally with little organization, any kind of press coverage is going to paint you guys in a bad light, especially if some drunken idiot gets a mic in front of him, or anybody without any real PR skills.

You have every right to be pissed and to fight for your team but you guys may be a little to hasty about this. Just fair warning.

No, we're showing how much we care about the team. If anything, people will see that this fan base DESERVES BETTER.

A decade of suck.... and no large scale fan back-lash? Which do you think sheds a worse light on us as fans?

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 05:23 PM
No, we're showing how much we care about the team. If anything, people will see that this fan base DESERVES BETTER.

A decade of suck.... and no large scale fan back-lash? Which do you think sheds a worse light on us as fans?

1 drunk idiot in front of a camera or somebody getting hurt, ruins all of this. You do realize that? If you do this, it has to go perfectly, there can't be any drunken fights or brawls, no hit and runs, no nothing...because if there is the press will have a field day. It will be all over ESPN and everywhere else.

10,000 fans protesting outside RWS can drink a ton more for a lot cheaper than they can inside. You're not thinking this through, and that is a reason to be really worried.

ddaryl
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Honestly I wouldn't go into the game. Have 50K +++ march outside making noise and holding signs.

What would be better then wearing black would be empty seats at a supposedly sold out game... the camera will take notice of the crowd outside and the media will have a field day with it

Mudflap1
10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Honestly I wouldn't go into the game. Have 50K +++ march outside making noise and holding signs.

What would be better then wearing black would be empty seats at a supposedly sold out game... the camera will take notice of the crowd outside and the media will have a field day with it

I think you guys should make signs. Tons of signs are always good. Keep it clean, but say the fans deserve a real front office, and a real head coach.

JD
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
JUST TAILGATE THEN MARCH WITH SIGNS DURING THE GAME!

-OR-

FILL UP ANOTHER BAR/RESTAURANT,
THAT IS MORE DESERVING OF YOUR SERVICES THAN ONE BILLS DRIVE.

Bunion
10-12-2009, 05:46 PM
But its not one-or-the-other. If you don't want to waste your ticket money, go in, but wear black. If you don't want to go, don't.

I can't go to a Bills game without seeing a half dozen people arrested or thrown out for boozing up or fighting. And that's when we win a game.

I'm not asking folks to march, though. Our games are sold out, they'll be on TV. It doesn't have to be centralized or organized on gameday, there's not super duper central comittee or whatever saying do this, or that. If you are a Bills Fan, going to the game, to watch from inside the Ralph, wear black. Simple as that. Bag heads are fine too, and again, the more, the better.

JD
10-12-2009, 05:53 PM
But its not one-or-the-other. If you don't want to waste your ticket money, go in, but wear black. If you don't want to go, don't.

I can't go to a Bills game without seeing a half dozen people arrested or thrown out for boozing up or fighting. And that's when we win a game.

I'm not asking folks to march, though. Our games are sold out, they'll be on TV. It doesn't have to be centralized or organized on gameday, there's not super duper central comittee or whatever saying do this, or that. If you are a Bills Fan, going to the game, to watch from inside the Ralph, wear black. Simple as that. Bag heads are fine too, and again, the more, the better.

I say we just don't go inside, period. We should all wear black outside for the Dick Jauron Era funeral and march around the Ralph holding signs during the game.

You KNOW the media will eat that up.

If you go inside, you'll buy beer, food, etc to further add money to Ralphs pocket.

JD
10-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I don't understand whats going on with the event page.. I've invited 600+ people and they've yet to be sent invitations. Any idea how long this usually takes? Could it be because I have the event cause as a "protest" so Facebook has to review it first?

don137
10-12-2009, 07:00 PM
LOL, so you have not spent a penny on a ticket yet you are telling people they should eat the cost of their ticket that they spent their hard earned money on and skip the game.

JD
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
LOL, so you have not spent a penny on a ticket yet you are telling people they should eat the cost of their ticket that they spent their hard earned money on and skip the game.

I'm going to assume you weren't at the game on sunday and yes, I am. What's the difference if I paid for it or not? Even if I paid for it I would still be outside.

You're obviously one of the reasons we're in this position today.. keep feeding the maker for poor product and then fail to grow some balls to stand up.

:brilliant:

Demon
10-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm going to assume you weren't at the game on sunday and yes, I am. What's the difference if I paid for it or not? Even if I paid for it I would still be outside.

You're obviously one of the reasons we're in this position today.. keep feeding the maker for poor product and then fail to grow some balls to stand up.

Your entire theory behind this is just dumb tho. You don't want people who ALREADY paid to attend the game, but going and spending $25 to go tailgate is ok?

We have a big stadium. Even like 90% of the stadium will not even hear of this protest idea and out of those who do, many will just laugh at it. RW has his money and even if 600 people stay away and wear black in the parking lot, nobody will notice in the stadium.

Get the 600 people and do something that somebody will see. Make signs and banners and go make a rally outside OBD or something. Be creative. Don't come up with stupid ideas.

don137
10-12-2009, 08:29 PM

First of all I live in North Carolina so no I was not at the game but I have seen all their games this year. Second of all I went to the home owner because that is how I choose to spend my money. I will be watching them play in two weeks in Carolina.
The difference you tell people what do to with their money yet are not man enough to pay for it yourself. It's one thing if you actually spent your hard earn money on tickets and offered the suggestion but since you are not in their shoes you have no right to tell people what to do with their tickets.
There are other ways to show their displeasure than to boycott the game.

JD
10-12-2009, 08:36 PM
First of all I live in North Carolina so no I was not at the game but I have seen all their games this year. Second of all I went to the home owner because that is how I choose to spend my money. I will be watching them play in two weeks in Carolina.
The difference you tell people what do to with their money yet are not man enough to pay for it yourself. It's one thing if you actually spent your hard earn money on tickets and offered the suggestion but since you are not in their shoes you have no right to tell people what to do with their tickets.
There are other ways to show their displeasure than to boycott the game.

Man enough to pay for it myself? You would purchase a ticket over getting one for free? Especially when the team is as pathetic as it is?

It's different for you since you don't live here. The team is an embarrassment to the place I LIVE. How does it reflect on your town?

JD
10-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Your entire theory behind this is just dumb tho. You don't want people who ALREADY paid to attend the game, but going and spending $25 to go tailgate is ok?

We have a big stadium. Even like 90% of the stadium will not even hear of this protest idea and out of those who do, many will just laugh at it. RW has his money and even if 600 people stay away and wear black in the parking lot, nobody will notice in the stadium.

Get the 600 people and do something that somebody will see. Make signs and banners and go make a rally outside OBD or something. Be creative. Don't come up with stupid ideas.

What theory do you speak of? I'm not going after Ralph's pockets. I'm going after his Half of Fame IMAGE. How does he look as an owner if nobody shows up for the game in two weeks?

Furthermore, how will he look if he DOESN'T do a thing to answer the fans?? I say it will put him in a corner and force him to make changes.

You guys look at this as a insurmountable task and say "**** it".. why aren't you calling friends or inviting people to join on facebook in an attempt to make it work, suggesting other ideas etc?

The loser mentality is to do nothing, so I guess we should just sit back and do nothing like we have for the last 10 years.. because that worked so well.

Hemlepp53
10-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Either goto the game and protest wearing all black.. but i saw a Decade of Fail logo floating around here... that would be a cool shirt to wear.. and someone should have a flag made and drape it off the side of the tier... that wont happen but it would be cool

The Natrix
10-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I like it! I don't think I'm going, but if I do I'll wear all black.

topher180
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I commend all who are participating. Who cares if it has an impact or not, seriously. We deserve some restitution, and we will not get a fraction of what's deserved, so why not just channel our frustration and show some fan unity.

If you ain't hurting anyone else, and it helps you cope, God bless you.

JD
10-13-2009, 08:45 AM
So.. my computer froze when I was on the "attending guest" page.... I kept hitting a bunch of buttons to try and unfreeze it (yes i know this doesn't work, i just woke up)..and apparently i deleted about 35 people that said they were attending.

So please check the event page to see if I deleted you by accident. Sorry about that.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 08:46 AM
I say we just don't go inside, period. We should all wear black outside for the Dick Jauron Era funeral and march around the Ralph holding signs during the game.

You KNOW the media will eat that up.

If you go inside, you'll buy beer, food, etc to further add money to Ralphs pocket.
I will wear a suit.

yordad
10-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Why would we skip the one game they are going to win?

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 08:47 AM
So.. my computer froze when I was on the "attending guest" page.... I kept hitting a bunch of buttons to try and unfreeze it (yes i know this doesn't work, i just woke up)..and apparently i deleted about 35 people that said they were attending.

So please check the event page to see if I deleted you by accident. Sorry about that.
WTF ARE YOU DOING???????

JD
10-13-2009, 08:49 AM
WTF ARE YOU DOING???????
I know I know!

Just invite everyone on your facebook to compensate for my ******ed mistake.