FACEBOOK EVENT: Don't go into the game on November 1st!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

FACEBOOK EVENT: Don't go into the game on November 1st!

It's about time us fans do something on a larger scale.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • Bunion
    • Sep 2008

Re: FACEBOOK EVENT: Don't go into the game on November 1st!

Someone on the Bills forum came up with this idea, and I think it has merit. All fans attending a Bills game should wear black, as much as they can. Could be jeans, hoodies, or suits for all we care.

Why? For two reasons. Because as the original holder of the idea said, we are going to a funeral, 1, and the cameramen and TV announcers will not be able to avoid it. Security cannot confiscate your pants, and everybody has black something.

Facebook, telephone, twitter, word-of-mouth, whatever. Get the word out.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Nice man this is going quick. A girl I know shared it without me even saying anything!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

DUDE THIS IS BLOWING UP ALREADY!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          • Apr 2008

if the ralph was filled with black on november 1st it would be an incredible sight!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Do it guys- I live in VA so I won't be able to participate but I'd love to see those of you who are closer send the team a message.

And I'll gladly help spread the word.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

there are only 3confirmed guests.... not really blowing up
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

I am going to mention this on my NFL.com blog so make sure it is all set up and raring to go. I need Pat to write a story about it so I can link his story. I don't want to link a facebook page because there are a lot of fans out there who don't use facebook and would have to create an account to view it. Pat, can you do this?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  there are only 3confirmed guests.... not really blowing up
                  Maybe not but 7 of my friends already shared it back out(in 5 minutes). Maybe they just didn't hit the attend button though.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                    I am going to mention this on my NFL.com blog so make sure it is all set up and raring to go. I need Pat to write a story about it so I can link his story. I don't want to link a facebook page because there are a lot of fans out there who don't use facebook and would have to create an account to view it. Pat, can you do this?
                    Good work sir!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Pink would be a better idea.

Comment

• T-Long
                        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                        • Sep 2003

I already have my article written about the Browns game and little preview for the Jets. I will wait to send it in until I can get a link from Pat or anyone else.

Comment

• Bunion
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          Pink would be a better idea.
                          I hear you, but everybody knows what the color black means; nothing good. If you black out the TV broadcast, who cares? Black out the inside of the Ralph, and who could not notice what is going on?

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

what is it about people that they believe wearing black or not going into a game is really going to make a difference? I mean, it's kind of selfish to just do something so you can feel like you are doing something and ratiionalize you are helping. Helping would be not buying tickets or merchandise in the first place. Buying up the tickets and then not going to the game is going to do what again?

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                              • Apr 2005

I think this is a great idea. As soon as I thought about all the Bills fans showing up dressed in black it reminded me of a funeral .lol Bye Dick!
                              unfortunately being here on the west coast , it's harder to make a statement .
                              I might just send some flowers to the Bills Clubhouse for Jauron memorializing his funeral. ..

Or maybe we could take up a collection and any zoner going to the game could toss some flowers on the field for those of us unable to attend. sort of a Bills Zone special touch! . I'd say dead pansies are pretty much the style of this organization these days!

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

Working...
                              X