PDA

View Full Version : The start of something good

X-Era
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
On a positive note.

I think we might just be ready to turn the corner.

This is just a crazy feeling. I have no reason to believe we will do it. But I think we just might not screw up this next overhaul.

Whether Russ stays or not, I think we have a legit shot at a quality HC.

There are so many HC's with a real pedigree that we may just finally have a real shot at one. If it was just one or two, they will get snapped up by the teams that will spend. But with as many as 4 or 5 HC's with SB rings, I could see us having a real shot at one.

I could see Gruden... I really could. Unless hes the worlds biggest lair, he seemed to really like who we have here. After all his kind words, Id be shocked if even the Bills didnt manage to interview him. And after so many lackluster, no toughness puss HC's, the Bills brass may finally put toughness at the top of their list. And Gruden certainly brings that.

Once Gruden is aboard, He will want to overhaul the team with tough players. And he certainly will want a quality QB. You should expect to see him ditch much of the dead weight and add tough minded players who will bring it every Sunday. I would fully expect him to add tough players.

And with tough players could come tough play.

I can see it... I really can.

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Brian Billick is another we could afford who could work with what he's got here and one good draft/free agency could see this team playing well next season. If Billick comes, expect us to draft Bradford. I was watching something on fox sports I think it was fox sports, anyway I was watching and Billick was saying how he would be just fine coming off the injury and should go high next years draft because he is a really good player.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Brian Billick is another we could afford who could work with what he's got here and one good draft/free agency could see this team playing well next season. If Billick comes, expect us to draft Bradford. I was watching something on fox sports I think it was fox sports, anyway I was watching and Billick was saying how he would be just fine coming off the injury and should go high next years draft because he is a really good player.

I'm happy with any of the guys with rings... But I want a guy with a ring, and no friggin coord's anymore... NO!

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm happy with any of the guys with rings... But I want a guy with a ring, and no friggin coord's anymore... NO!

I wouldn't mind Brian Schottenheimer...

He's like a John Harbaugh type of hiring.

X-Era
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I would like Brian Schottenheimer...

No interest.

We dont have the vets it takes to mak3e young HC's win.

Young team and young HC's = lots of losses.

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 05:29 PM
No interest.

We dont have the vets it takes to mak3e young HC's win.

Young team and young HC's = lots of losses.

I disagree. I see where you are coming from, but disagree only for the fact that if you are a good coach, you can find a way to win.

We have talent on this team. We lack a healthy offensive line, a healthy secondary, a star OLB, and a franchise QB.

We could use replacements in some places, but we have talent. Marty Ball's son is the next good young coach coming out. It may be that he is willing to take a job anywhere, and Buffalo has a shot at landing him.

ddaryl
10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Bottom line to really turn the corner we need a new owner.

Ralph won't fire Brandon and the FO crew with Jauron

X-Era
10-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Bottom line to really turn the corner we need a new owner.

Ralph won't fire Brandon and the FO crew with Jauron

The concept was that Russ wouldnt have the balls to push Gruden around and Gruden would demand better talent.