PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mortensen comments on Dick Jauron

T-Long
10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Just heard Mortensen report on Jauron...here is the main points he said.

Jauron is well respected in the league, both as a person and as a coach.

He is embarassed on how the team is playing and it starts at the top with the way the organization has been run the past few years.

We should have never let Mularkey go. He stressed that Mularkey wasn't fired, but he left.

He also said Ralph never fired a coach during a season (um, really Chris? Does the hiring of Marv Levy ring a bell?)

He said without question that Dick Jauron will not be the head coach next season for the Bills. He said he will probably last the rest of the season, but will get fired in the end.

elltrain22
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
thanks for the info t, but honestly, I don't take anything Mortensen says to heart.

Ground Chuck
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Wilson has fired several coaches during the season. Saban, Ringo, Bullough, and I think Johyn Rauch too.

tampabay25690
10-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Its true honestly who would take this team over midseason?

T-Long
10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
There is no way someone comes in and takes over mid-season. The whole point is that the fans want Dick as far away as possible to One Bills Drive. Who gives a **** whether it's Bobby April or Perry Fewell..does it really matter at this point? The quicker we get Dick out of the building and off the sidelines, the better we will all be.

BillsWin
10-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Noone comes in mid season. We hire April or Fewell as the interim, then go after the big dog at the end of the season.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-12-2009, 05:41 PM
aint no big dog coming to buffalo

dont set yourself up for more dissapointment

after dick it will be just a dick with another face

aint no changing the lepords spots or in this case the old mans liver spots

Forward_Lateral
10-12-2009, 05:54 PM
A smart owner would hire the future Head Coach as a consultant, so they can evaluate the players on the team for the rest of the season.

Ground Chuck
10-12-2009, 05:55 PM
A smart owner would hire the future Head Coach as a consultant, so they can evaluate the players on the team for the rest of the season.
Like the 49ers did with Singletary.

patmoran2006
10-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Mort was completley wrong, including factually.

I wrote a post about it. He doesnt remember us every firing a coach during the season before?

Mularkey is a hot commodity?

YoungEz
10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
You hate to admit it cuz I hated Mort and how he hates on the bills but he has been right all along, he knew from his friends that Wilson and high up in the organization was just terribly run and no one will succeed here until things change.

Mort knows what he is talking about sadly when it comes to bashing the bills, we just had on fan goggles.

He may get a few facts wrong but he is right about how bad the organization has been

Goobylal
10-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Jauron may be respected as a person, but certainly not a coach. And the "way the organization is run" is nothing in comparison to Jauron's gameday abilities.

As for Mularkey, he's an OC at best. Someone else will make the mistake of offering him a HC'ing gig and find out the hard way.

And Mort is factually incorrect about Ralph never firing someone mid-season, but I can't see Ralph doing it, with no real replacement. No proven HC will take over a team mid-season.

Demon
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Mort is butt buddies with Tom Donahoe and ever since we canned him he's been anti-Bills. I don't care what he has to say about the Bills and since he's so negative over the last several years on us, i doubt he has any sources left with the team.

zoneras
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Wilson has fired several coaches during the season. Saban, Ringo, Bullough, and I think Johyn Rauch too.

Saban left on his own... both times