PDA

View Full Version : Jauron says Bills will absolutely not play Maybin at LB.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:55 PM
What a bunch of tards.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 08:56 PM
This was the same Maybin who made a play from the LB position?

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Why would you want your 1st round pick to get playing time? Brilliant move if you ask me.

Beastie Bills
10-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Seriously though, what do we have to lose. I'm not saying he should start, but get him on the field.

Akhippo
10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Has he even been active on game day? I dont remember his name being called at all. I guess hearing your number one pick getting his name called for making a play is asking to much.

OpIv37
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Has he even been active on game day? I dont remember his name being called at all. I guess hearing your number one pick getting his name called for making a play is asking to much.

he had one tackle against the Browns but he's barely been on the field at all.

Originally, I was against playing Maybin at LB because we need the pass rushing help and it may hinder his development.

But a few things have happened since then. First, while Kelsay, Denney and Schobel haven't been spectacular, they've been less inept then I thought they'd be. Second, all the injuries at LB, and third, Maybin's inability to be on the field and contributing at DE.

At this point, getting Maybin on the field at LB- at least situationally until Poz returns- seems like a no-brainer.

Raptor
10-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Good they shouldnt, he's not a LB he's a DE and thats where he should get more playing time then the handful of snaps there giving him now

OpIv37
10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Good they shouldnt, he's not a LB he's a DE and thats where he should get more playing time then the handful of snaps there giving him now

what has he done to earn more playing time? What has he shown you that's better than what Kelsay, Denney and Schobel have shown?

He doesn't just get snaps by virtue of being a first round pick. He has to earn them, and so far, he hasn't.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Good move, he needs to concentrate on learning defensive end plays not also try and learn LB plays.

HHURRICANE
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Good move, he needs to concentrate on learning defensive end plays not also try and learn LB plays.

He'll never see the field from the DE position. He still needs another year of bulking up.

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:07 PM
He'll never see the field from the DE position. He still needs another year of bulking up.

And that's bad because....?

He was uber raw coming out, he doesnt need to see the field much this year. He needs to sit, learn and get bigger.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2009, 10:14 PM
you can't tell me it would hurt having him play lb until poz returns. learning what he can of offenses etc....

DraftBoy
10-12-2009, 10:16 PM
you can't tell me it would hurt having him play lb until poz returns. learning what he can of offenses etc....

What benefit does one week serve? He's never going to be a LB in this defensive alignment. He can't cover, and he's not great in space. His job should be one thing, attack the QB, no need to cloud that.

BertSquirtgum
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
poz won't be back for at least 2 weeks. also because the guys that will be playing completely ****ing suck and shouldn't be on an nfl team

TacklingDummy
10-12-2009, 10:50 PM
He should have never of been drafted for a team that needs help right not. Projects should be drafted by teams who can afford to wait.

PECKERWOOD
10-12-2009, 10:58 PM
He should have never of been drafted for a team that needs help right not. Projects should be drafted by teams who can afford to wait.

I'll change my opinion if he plays well next year, but right now? I agree with ya.

Joe Fo Sho
10-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Should've drafted Orakpo.

k-oneputt
10-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Well well, you know Dickey. He thinks Maybin could use a good 3 or 4 years of the superior training and coaching that they provide before he can even think of playing. They are very smart football men in that organization. Just look at all the wise picks and football moves they have made. They know what they are doing. Can't you tell ?

TacklingDummy
10-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Should've drafted Orakpo.

2005: Instead of trading pick away for Losman: Shawn Merriman OLB, #55 instead of Roscoe Parrish, Franks Gore RB

2006: Instead of Whitner, #8 Haloti Ngata or Jay Cutler

2007: #11 Darrelle Revis CB, #34 Justin Blalock G

2008: Instead of McFumbles and Hardy, #11 Ryan Clady T, #41 Eddie Royal WR

Joe Fo Sho
10-12-2009, 11:34 PM
2005: Instead of trading pick away for Losman: Shawn Merriman OLB, #55 instead of Roscoe Parrish, Franks Gore RB

What the hell are you trying to do here? Build a contender???

Why would you want to do that...

TacklingDummy
10-12-2009, 11:36 PM
What the hell are you trying to do here? Build a contender???

Why would you want to do that...
Easy to draft using hindsight but damn the Bills drafts have sucked.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 07:01 AM
poz won't be back for at least 2 weeks. also because the guys that will be playing completely ****ing suck and shouldn't be on an nfl team

Reports Ive seen have Poz saying he'll be back next week. And just because our other options suck is not a good enough reason to move our top pick to a new position for short period of time.

ddaryl
10-13-2009, 07:34 AM
you find ways to get your best players on the field... and right now I have a hard time thinking of who might be better at LB right now....

Maybin should be playing some LB while we are decimated... just another reason to hate dick

Jan Reimers
10-13-2009, 07:38 AM
you find ways to get your best players on the field... and right now I have a hard time thinking of who might be better at LB right now....

Maybin should be playing some LB while we are decimated... just another reason to hate dick
C'mon, dd, Dick knows what's best for this team. Just look at his record of success. Don't mess with the Dick!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM

Like someone else said, hindsight drafting is easy....but you gotta admit that even if we got these guys...they probably would not have been great here in Buffalo...and our guys might well be great somewhere else.

Well, except for Losman.

SABURZFAN
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
i just can't believe they won't get Maybin out there any way that they can. i understand that it would be a different position but getting him out there in games situations would be something that this kid needs. he could possibly pick up a few things out there better than from the sidelines. this season is about toast, so why not? :shakeno:

Zero
10-13-2009, 11:31 AM

During last night's game I heard Gruden say something like : " ..the Jets have 15 first round picks on their team..." ( or something rediculous like that). Is this true? If so, no wonder the Jets look like a professional football team. They draft talented players that actually contribute.

BuffaloRanger
10-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Imagine what we'd be if Donahoe had traded up two slots in 2004, like many fans were hoping for, and drafted Rothlisberger. No Evans, but would we miss his 9 mil salary and his fly routes? Because TD failed to do that he panicked and put us all through the JP era.

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
i just can't believe they won't get Maybin out there any way that they can. i understand that it would be a different position but getting him out there in games situations would be something that this kid needs. he could possibly pick up a few things out there better than from the sidelines. this season is about toast, so why not? :shakeno:

What does he pick up that he can use as a DE though? Nothing, he gains nothing and risks getting injured. Just because we want him to play because he was a 1st Rounder does not mean he should play.