PDA

View Full Version : Schefter Rumor: TO to the Bears?

BidsJr
10-13-2009, 09:10 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

Don't have insider..... But discuss.

Ebenezer
10-13-2009, 09:11 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

I'm actually on TO's side...trade him and give him a chance to play for an NFL football team.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Is there a big time QB lurking behind Cutler?

BidsJr
10-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Is there a big time QB lurking behind Cutler?

Caleb Hanie

http://www.nfl.com/players/calebhanie/profile?id=HAN149018

psubills62
10-13-2009, 09:14 AM
I'd love to trade Owens and get picks for him, but 1) I don't think he has much trade value, and 2) most of this seems to just be speculation based on where Owens fits.

SABURZFAN
10-13-2009, 09:15 AM
i'd love to see the Bills trade Owens. he's not being properly utilized here so why not get a draft pick or two for him?

SABURZFAN
10-13-2009, 09:15 AM
it'd be ANOTHER way for The Old Fart to save money too.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Caleb Hanie

http://www.nfl.com/players/calebhanie/profile?id=HAN149018
Oh yeah. I've wanted that guy for a long time.

yordad
10-13-2009, 09:17 AM
It would not hurt at all. But, I doubt it will happen. I mean, the Bills are going no where this year, and TO is going anywhere but here next year. So, lets grab a 6th and run, if they can.

MassEffect218435
10-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Good, T.O. is a freaking joke and is a has been.

Oaf
10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Is this just speculation or are sources saying Bills want to trade TO or vice versa?

Throne Logic
10-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Not enough TO news these days. So, they are manufacturing some.

Just wait, by tonight it will be "TO demands to be traded!"

patmoran2006
10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Is this just speculation or are sources saying Bills want to trade TO or vice versa? Its speculation

Ebenezer
10-13-2009, 09:34 AM
they can trade Owens, Parrish, Lynch I wouldn't even bat an eyelash...hell, trade Evans, too. I am sure this is not what he signed on for.

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
They don't use TO, so what's the point of having him?

Ickybaluky
10-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Seems to be speculation on what they should do, not what they are doing.

From PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/12/to-not-on-the-block/):

With the Bills falling apart and receiver Terrell Owens generating barely 200 total receiving yards in five games, some have suggested that T.O. should be dangled for the benefit of a playoff contender, which could then yield for the Bills a draft pick or two for their trouble.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that it's not happening.

Still, Schefter believes that the Bills should ponder the possibility. "[A] team such as Chicago, which could use a play-making wide receiver to help unseat the first-place Minnesota Vikings, might find it worthwhile to part with a mid-round pick for an offensive playmaker that can help make a difference this season," Schefter writes.

yordad
10-13-2009, 09:48 AM
they can trade Owens, Parrish, Lynch I wouldn't even bat an eyelash...hell, trade Evans, too. I am sure this is not what he signed on for.Or how about we keep them and get a QB instead. :idunno:

Thurmal
10-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I can't believe anyone would want him traded. Honestly, you all complain how this team doesn't try to win, yet you want them to trade our biggest offseason pickup five games into the season for a draft pick that we will probably blow anyway.

DBrown77
10-13-2009, 10:14 AM
This was Schefters suggestion of what the Bills SHOULD do, NOT a Schefter Rumor. TO isnt going anywhere. Do you think the Bears who are playing solid will want a guy that could tear the locker room apart? doubt it

justasportsfan
10-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I can't believe anyone would want him traded. Honestly, you all complain how this team doesn't try to win, yet you want them to trade our biggest offseason pickup five games into the season for a draft pick that we will probably blow anyway.
we could grab a wr that can get open in the 5 yd range.

TacklingDummy
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
If the Bills were winning nobody would want to trade him. The problem is, TO signed a 1 year deal and the Bills suck.

I've always been a TO fan and this is kind of sad watching him waste one of the years he has left in this career.

bigbub2352
10-13-2009, 10:39 AM
i would trade him in a 2nd he has no business on this team, nothing against him or what he has achieved, but you dont want TO anywhere near a team going into severe rebuilding like we are
Give him a chance with a real QB and Offense to end his storied career
cause here he was a gimmic to sell tickets!!! that is all

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 10:57 AM

Were trading TO to Chicago for a slow, blocking TE for Trent to target. He misses Schouman in a big way.

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2009, 11:14 AM
yeah why the **** not? the old peice of **** already got our money for game tickets. **** the fan, i for one don't think we should trade him. what will we get? a fourth round pick? no thanks might as well keep him.

ServoBillieves
10-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Not enough TO news these days. So, they are manufacturing some.

Just wait, by tonight it will be "TO demands to be traded!"

Schefter is a freaking idiot, on ESPN he said this is pure speculation. "Is it a good move, yes, will it happen, I highly doubt it."

billsburgh
10-13-2009, 11:24 AM
it'd be ANOTHER way for The Old Fart to save money too.
I think you just woke him from his afternoon nap.

Demon
10-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Schefter will be on Sports Center within like 5-10 minutes to speak about any possible Owens trade.....

ChristopherWalken
10-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I say instead of trading him, throw him in the slot, have him risk life and limb on the inside (Edwards best side) and use him for all he and his contract is worth.

mikemac2001
10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
to be honest if we get a 4th or higher then ya good move, if not we could always franchise him so he would be stuck here

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Or how about we keep them and get a QB instead. :idunno:

bring in green fassel and our boy
:couch:

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 11:48 AM
i don't trade TO to chicago unless they are willing to take Jauron back as part of the deal. in fact, i don't even want players or picks. just take TO and Jauron and give me peace of mind that we have folded shop instead of played out this string of games.

Are there any lawyers amongst us? Can we sue for larceny or grand theft. I seem to be missing $2500 for my season ticket.

SquishDaFish
10-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Good, T.O. is a freaking joke and is a has been.

I dont see how he is a joke for us??!!?? He has been very quiet for us and a good soldier for us. You are doing what the media has always done to him. Its pathetic and a joke. He just wants to WIN like us

cocamide
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I think you just woke him from his afternoon nap.

No, Ralph is at the pancake house getting support from his two imaginary friends.

Mr. Pink
10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
The dude obviously didn't have suitors lined up for him in FA.

He didn't tell his agent, "ya know, I wanna go play in Buffalo, they're good."

Now, on top of that, he hasn't performed this year.

Who is gonna trade anything for a 37 year old WR who hasn't shown a lick this year and has always been a locker room distraction?

Mike
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
In total agreement with the idea of trading TO
Here is the obvious logic behind the move:
1. we suck
2.we need the pics to rebuild,
3. TO is not comming back
Conlusion, get something for him for the future

What bothers me most is that this INEPT organization does not see these obvious moves that the average football fan sees. How can this be??? Well, I gues this is part of the reason why we suck so bad....

X-Era
10-13-2009, 04:49 PM
In total agreement with the idea of trading TO
Here is the obvious logic behind the move:
1. we suck
2.we need the pics to rebuild,
3. TO is not comming back
Conlusion, get something for him for the future

What bothers me most is that this INEPT organization does not see these obvious moves that the average football fan sees. How can this be??? Well, I gues this is part of the reason why we suck so bad....

Id trade him for a player... we havent done much with our picks. Unless you mean to have even more picks for moving around on draft day.

I want us to get the best prospects we can at the spots we need... even if it means moving around.

HHURRICANE
10-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Sign TO long term and trade Evans.

At least owens is entertaining.

jimbohastle51
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
they wont trade him because they wont sell another home game out without him. and yeah we can all say yes they will, but EVERYONE has had it with jauron and this team isnt going anywhere except a top 10 pick in the draft.

TigerJ
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
It's a trade that makes sense. There's really nothing, personnel wise, that can save this train wreck season the Bills are having, and keeping TO around won't do it. A fifth round pick will help the new coach next season. If TO were to be traded, it would be a clear signal that the owner and also Russ Brandon are already moving toward planning the post Jauron era, and yanking any authority Jauron has regaarding personnel. For Jauron's part, if he had any hope of holding on to his job and retained any personnel authority, there's no way he would OK the trade.

OpIv37
10-13-2009, 08:59 PM

what's the point in keeping him? We're not making the playoffs and he's gone after this year anyway.

I've been saying it since the day they signed him: TO is useless to us unless we have a) a QB that can get him the ball and b) an OL that can protect that QB. Right now, we have neither. Signing TO was just another one of Russ Brandon's marketing gimmicks to sell tickets and jerseys, and it ****ing worked.

dplus47
10-14-2009, 02:32 AM
what's the point in keeping him? We're not making the playoffs and he's gone after this year anyway.

I've been saying it since the day they signed him: TO is useless to us unless we have a) a QB that can get him the ball and b) an OL that can protect that QB. Right now, we have neither. Signing TO was just another one of Russ Brandon's marketing gimmicks to sell tickets and jerseys, and it ****ing worked.

never saw the point of signing TO and getting rid of the entire o-line. what does that say to the QB?

"we'll get worse at pass protection and we may not be able to open running lanes for our backs, but check out these weapons!"

it's like getting your kid a new sports car, only it doesn't have an engine or wheels.

Night Train
10-14-2009, 05:35 AM
we could grab a wr that can get open in the 5 yd range.

With Edwards in there, that's called The Bomb.

X-Era
10-14-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm actually on TO's side...trade him and give him a chance to play for an NFL football team.

How about to the Browns for Brady Quinn?

:couch: