PDA

View Full Version : Why only 2 WRs?

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 09:36 AM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/icons/icon1.gif Why only 2 WRs?
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Is there a reason we only use 2 WR's primarily? Josh Reed hardly sees the field anymore and Stevie is inactive. Roscoe is useless on this team and obviously wants to be gone.

Why not grant his wish, activate Stevie and use 3-4 WR sets to spread out the defense? And by the way, tell the WR's to not run a single route before the first down marker so Captain Checkdown has to at least throw the ball beyond the 1st down.

With Hardy coming off injury and saying he is ready to play, that gives us Lee, TO, Reed, Johnson, and Hardy....Parrish and Jenkins can go elsewhere. Let Lankster or Omon return kicks and punts.

There is no reason for Stevie to be inactive while Jenkins and Parrish are active, and there is no reason for a single WR to run a route shorter than the line of scrimmage. Force trent to throw the ball beyond the line, or take him out. Stevie and Hardy and Reed can run the intermediate routes while TO and Lee are outside..spreading the D.

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 09:37 AM
and forget using the TE's as pass catchers or blockers, cause besides Nelson they suck at both of those tasks.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2009, 09:39 AM
It's our simplified, 3 points per game, Pop Warner offense. Pop didn't believe in those newfangled, multiple receiver sets.

yordad
10-13-2009, 09:41 AM
They have been needing the extra TE for blocking cuz the line is so young. Parish and Jenkins have special teams duties.

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Jenkins, McIntyre, and Parrish should be gone ASAP

JD
10-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought Reed was injured?

SABURZFAN
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
who needs WR's when you have a QB who only throws to RB's and TE's?

Demon
10-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Only thing that will make this season a success is if James Hardy has a decent end to the year. Doubtful, since we have no QB.

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
It's our simplified, 3 points per game, Pop Warner offense. Pop didn't believe in those newfangled, multiple receiver sets.

LMAO

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
the thing is the checkdowns aren't the only problem. the times the checkdowns pick up 4-8 yards, there is a penalty that sends it back. my problem with trent's checkdowns is that he still does it in 2nd and long and 3rd and long (and sadly even fourth and long).

I was watching some old 90-94 bills football, and kelly would dump it down and let thurman work it...but he never did it on long plays unless it was catching a team off-guard.

the fact that the checkdown is seemingly all trent has and the fact the team can't help but take penalties is pathetic.

Fire sale at One Bills drive...but up any two bills offensive players get 2 for for...some exceptions apply. Expires 1.3.2010

Michael82
10-14-2009, 02:49 AM
Great post, trap. That's the main thing that annoys me too... I hate all his checkdowns but I hate them more on 2nd and long or 3rd and long. I also hate when it's 3rd and 7 and Trent throws a 2-yd pass near the sideline and the player is hit immediately.

The Jokeman
10-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Checkdowns aren't a problem so long our O-line can stop taking penalties which is leading us to 2nd and 15 and 3rd and 10s etc. I'd actually like to see a few Lee Evans screens. I mean doesn't remember when Brady first arrived in NE? It seemed like all he did was throw it to Troy Brown and moved the chains. What's been killing the Bills is the penalties that don't allow us to have manageable 3rd downs.