PDA

View Full Version : does anyone think?

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 11:44 AM
edwards is actually an nfl level qb?

lots where bashing me last year and this offseason.

i wont preach i was right yet!

but does anyone still have hope for edwards in a bills uniform

The King
10-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Kyle Orton is playing like a top qb right now. I dont have a lot of hope, but there is a little under a new coach

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Kyle Orton is playing like a top qb right now. I dont have a lot of hope, but there is a little under a new coach

i still feel like that about my boy losman im sure next year we get to see it again somewhere in the nfl

Don't Panic
10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
I still do. Having a JV coach and one of the most ill-prepared lines in the NFL will do a lot to stunt a QB's growth... I still believe in him and I think that if he's around under a competent HC/OC, you'll see a top 15 QB in this league.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Edwards would probably excel in a very structured WCO. He isn't a gunslinger and his ability to improvise when a play falls apart is pretty much non existent. Unless we are going to bring in a coach who can institute a WCO, Trent just isn't a good fit for our team.

ddaryl
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I saw some solid things in his 1st season and then to start last seaosn... but ever since the 2nd half of last year he has mostly plateaued and regressed

So No at this point he has demonstrated he doesn't have what it takes to make it as a starter in this league...

Syderick
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Trent is regressing, it's looking doubtful on his starter role. The WCO isn't dumping off and dinking every play for 2-3 yards. You have to throw the slants and intermediate routes.

Commissioner
10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
edwards is actually an nfl level qb?

lots where bashing me last year and this offseason.

i wont preach i was right yet!

but does anyone still have hope for edwards in a bills uniform

Edwards hasn't plenty of ability to be an NFL QB... just not behind this Oline or Coaching staff.

Think about it... this coaching staff decided it was time for him to run the no huddle behind the most inexperienced offensive line in the league in his 2nd full season as a starter with 2 knuckleheads at offensive tackle. Name a QB besides Manning or Brady that could possibly be successful in this situation?

I'll say it again... we have to stop blaming a QB after 2 seasons for all our problems.

I'm not saying Trent was playing good... because he's sucked... i think his mind is shot more than anything else... but I'm not ready to give up on him right now. We can't complain about terrible coaching and then throw players under the bus who are victims of the coaching....

I'm just sick of running QB's out of town after a couple years when we know our coaches have sucked. Losman looked pretty darn good under Jim Fassel last week.