PDA

View Full Version : COMPLETELY UNCONFIRMED! - Fitz new starter

patmoran2006
10-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I got a tip today, and I am not posting this on my site until I get better confirmation, near impossible to do on a Bills day off.

But I would like to share this RUMOR I had passed along, by someone I consider somewhat credible.

When the Bills get back to work tomorrow, Fitzpatrick will be working with the first team offense.

(sarcasm aside, I'm trying to hard to get more FACTS about this, with zero luck so far. But its not like this isn't a "rumor" site anyway).

TheBrownBear
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least this gives me a reason to waste three more hours watching this *****ty team!!! :)

GreedoII
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Gee...Jauron is back to a QB shuffle...just like every yr he has coached in this league from Chicago to here. Coincidence? I think not.

patmoran2006
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
DO NOTTTTTTTT read into this until tomorrow. I absolutely despise posting stuff without facts to back it up. 100% rumor

The only reason I am even posting as a rumor is its the same guy who hand-fed me Hangarnter last April 24 hours before we signed him.

Mahdi
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I got a tip today, and I am not posting this on my site until I get better confirmation, near impossible to do on a Bills day off.

But I would like to share this RUMOR I had passed along, by someone I consider somewhat credible.

When the Bills get back to work tomorrow, Fitzpatrick will be working with the first team offense.

(sarcasm aside, I'm trying to hard to get more FACTS about this, with zero luck so far. But its not like this isn't a "rumor" site anyway).
Money!

Philagape
10-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Very intriguing if true.
Edwards does not have the psyche to be in there right now, and I don't see Fitz doing any worse.
Not that any of it matters.

Mudflap1
10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Appreciate the tip off, appreciate that it's unconfirmed. Sounds logical though.

cocamide
10-13-2009, 12:01 PM
A well-oiled Radio Flyer wagon pulled around by Jackson or Lynch would make a better QB than Edwards.

TheBrownBear
10-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey, you didn't get this rumor from Craigslist, did you? jk.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a moron, why do the Bills have today off?

BillyT92679
10-13-2009, 12:04 PM
all NFL teams have Tuesday off... it's in the CBA

DraftBoy
Very intriguing if true.
Edwards does not have the psyche to be in there right now, and I don't see Fitz doing any worse.
Not that any of it matters.

If he is benched his psyche will be even further shot.

Not saying we shouldn't or he doesn't deserve it though.

SABURZFAN
where did i see this before? oh yeah.... it was Edwards for Losman..... oh wait.... it was Holcomb for Losman..... nooooooo.......... it was Flutie for Johnson.....or was it Johnson for Flutie.......

somebody shoot me....... :ill:

SeatownBillsFan21
Is it even a better option ??? well we will see sooner or later couldnt be any worse.

Dr. Lecter

Pretty much all NFL teams take Tuesday off.

There are meetings and game planning, but no practice.

Ebenezer
10-13-2009, 12:05 PM
IF TE is replaced then you can write him off as a Bill. His contract is up at the end of the year and the Bills have to decide whether to throw big money at his and resign him...yanking him now admits that he can't do the job...

the rebuilding restarts with the Draft in April.

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Fitz sucks too. Big deal.

patmoran2006
10-13-2009, 12:06 PM

lol. Craigslist has football rumors in it?

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm gonna rub it raw!!!

patmoran2006
10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
If you want my honest assesment, I'd be shocked if this happened. As someone else stated; you pretty much lose Edwards for good if you bench him now, IMO

NOt that he doesnt deserve a seat on the pine.

Dr. Lecter
IF TE is replaced then you can write him off as a Bill. His contract is up at the end of the year and the Bills have to decide whether to throw big money at his and resign him...yanking him now admits that he can't do the job...

He has next year left too, but will be gone if this happens.

Commissioner
I can't see Fitzpatrick doing any better with the 2 knuckleheads playing offensive tackle.

Ebenezer
10-13-2009, 12:08 PM
If you want my honest assesment, I'd be shocked if this happened. As someone else stated; you pretty much lose Edwards for good if you bench him now, IMO

NOt that he doesnt deserve a seat on the pine.
his career with the Bills would be over...benching TE is the same as cutting him.

Ebenezer
10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
He has next year left too, but will be gone if this happens.
was it a four year deal?

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2009, 12:10 PM

Great. So we will reach for a QB in the upcoming weak QB draft and the spin machine at OBD will try and make it sound like we have the next Jim Kelly.

On the bright side, sooner or later we have to find a QB worthy of replacing Jim Kelly. The law of averages sooner or later has to benefit us. Uh, right?

DraftBoy
10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
was it a four year deal?

Yes most rookie deals (aside from late picks) are four year deals.

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
u gonna put this on the bills boards?

DraftBoy
Great. So we will reach for a QB in the draft and the spin machine at OBD will try and make it sound like we have the next Jim Kelly.

On the bright side, sooner or later we have to find a QB worthy of replacing Jim Kelly. The law of averages sooner or later has to benefit us. Uh, right?

You don't want to know the answer to that.

BillyT92679
yep
first round are 5
second through 4 I believe are 4

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?id=4220&sport=Nfl

Four year deal, only will make 550K next year so no big financial loss

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2009, 12:12 PM
You don't want to know the answer to that.

:ill:

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 12:12 PM
wrong thread I know, but how do I get a picture below my name on here?

HHURRICANE
10-13-2009, 12:15 PM
Replace Edwards because no one can coach him up. I blame the coaches first and Edwards second.

After watching the Miami and Fins game I am convinced that Edwards could play on thoise teams at a high level. We have coached the nuts out of him. Just sad.

SABURZFAN
10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Great. So we will reach for a QB in the upcoming weak QB draft and the spin machine at OBD will try and make it sound like we have the next Jim Kelly.

look on the bright side, they somewhat started the rebuilding right. they got a couple of young OL before they go and get their QB. that's more than i can say with Losman and Edwards.

TheBrownBear
10-13-2009, 12:19 PM

Thanks.

I remember watching one of those NFL Films shows where they talked about "See you Tuesday!" which is what coaches said when they gave their team the Monday off after a big victory. I just assumed that Tuesday was a regular day. I'm surprised I didn't know this until now, given that I've been a fairly huge football fan since about age six.

Back to thread, I think it's the right time to make the move to Fitz. We've seen enough from Trent over the past 15 games to know he's not the future at QB. Might as well see what Fitz can do.

Commissioner
10-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Replace Edwards because no one can coach him up. I blame the coaches first and Edwards second.

After watching the Miami and Fins game I am convinced that Edwards could play on thoise teams at a high level. We have coached the nuts out of him. Just sad.
I still think Edwards has a future... just not right now with this offensive line and these coaches.

This is his 2nd full season as a starter and we stuck him behind the most inexperienced offensive line running the no huddle with a rookie offensive coodinator.

What happens when Fitzpatrick has the same results? Do we still blame the QB or do we recognize that we have other major issues and perhaps it's insane to believe we can develop a QB under these circumstances?

The Bills should have Trent sit for awhile to get his mind right.... scrap the no huddle because it's asking too much of an inexperienced Oline to run it... and start from there.

Remember... Drew Brees sucked until his 4th season, and now he's one of the elite QB's in the league. I'm not saying that Trent has the same future... i'm just saying we have to stop scrapping QB's after 2 years and blaming our offensive problems on them. This organization (mess) has too many other issues to keep blaming 1 player.

On a side note... Losman looked pretty good last Thursday under Jim Fassels tutelage.

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 12:22 PM
if fitzpatrick moves the ball any better, i will give the losmaniacs a sincere apology and never chime in on qb play ever again.

otherwise, this just smacks of desperation of a dying coaching staff.

ddaryl
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
it's a lose lose situation

the only thing we get out of it is a QB other teams have limited film on and for a couple of games Fitz will look like a possible answer.. then reality will creep back in and we will all be tying nooses again and standing on the chair by the bye week..

Honestly the only thing I want to hear is Ralph is distancing himself from the team

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
i sent out a text to all my friends, u wouldnt believe how many responded with "maybe I will watch this week then"

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2009, 12:24 PM
look on the bright side, they somewhat started the rebuilding right. they got a couple of young OL before they go and get their QB. that's more than i can say with Losman and Edwards.

Yep and then they proceeded to gut the tackle positions. Addition by subtraction???

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 12:25 PM
can I post this on the bills boards Pat?

Ebenezer
10-13-2009, 12:25 PM
if fitzpatrick moves the ball any better, i will give the losmaniacs a sincere apology and never chime in on qb play ever again.

otherwise, this just smacks of desperation of a dying coaching staff.
just as elevating AVP was...

Wade Phillips refused to cave to Wilson's demands....give him his due.

SABURZFAN
10-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Yep and then they proceeded to gut the tackle positions. Addition by subtraction???

if they do it right, they'll draft them next year.

yordad
10-13-2009, 12:28 PM
We have coached the nuts out of him. Just sad.He had some to begin with?

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2009, 12:29 PM
if they do it right, they'll draft them next year.

LOL!!! Buffalo? Do anything right?? When was the last time you had any hope of THAT happening?

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2009, 12:31 PM
I told you Dick would likely do something like this to try and save his ass.

yordad
10-13-2009, 12:34 PM

otherwise, this just smacks of desperation of a dying coaching staff.Like if he does better then Trent's 5 game averages? It might be worth throwing in there that the Jets are the best D we've faced all year.

Either way though, it sounds like he just needs to toss one TD for that apology to come spewing forth.

Mike in Syracuse
10-13-2009, 12:51 PM
The timing would make sense since they'd had all day yesterday to look at the film. Maybe the finally just decided that Edwards was the problem?

Philagape
10-13-2009, 12:52 PM

What does Fitz have to do with JPUFL?

M
10-13-2009, 01:06 PM

The Bills game plan?!?! :shocked:

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
i don't know. my fandom is on serious life support after this last game. i just don't care, but i'm full of rage. it's like i'm a teenager all over again. I'm going to go brood over in the corner and tell the world i hate it some more and then be delightfully giddy when a girl shows interest in me.

Can this world still be saved with a great rock song?

Michael82
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
This definitely smells like a move that Ralph forced and I agree with it. Trent is lost mentally and if he played against the Jets and got creamed like many of us think he would, I think it would officially kill him.

madness
10-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Once Fitz learned our playbook he demonstrated what he could do against the Bears in preseason. He was throwing passes on a rope to a bunch of bench warmers and easily made every throw in the passing tree (yes, even slants). He ran the no-huddle a bit in the pro's and ran it exclusively in college so this offense is right up his alley.

He's obviously not a long term answer or a high caliber starter but I bet he'll put together more wins behind this patchwork line than Edwards can. Edwards is a good QB only when he has time. That's not something he'll be getting anytime soon.

yordad
10-13-2009, 01:30 PM
What does Fitz have to do with JPUFL?Well you see, it would seem to indicate that Trent is the problem. And, it would seem to validate the opinion of those who thought Trent would do no better then Losman.

gil
10-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Deck chairs, Titanic, etc., etc.

Philagape
10-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Well you see, it would seem to indicate that Trent is the problem. And, it would seem to validate the opinion of those who thought Trent would do no better then Losman.

He already has.

Right now he's A problem. There is no "the" problem; there are many.

madness
10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
On Trent Edwards. Boy... the Trent Edwards that's capable of winning games has completely disappeared. Edwards has been milk carton bad over the past three weeks. In those three games, Buffalo's offense has scored 13 points. Holy crap.
Before I get into his mechanics, I want to talk about his decision-making. If you're at the game or watching in the heat of the moment, fans in the stands were booing every time he threw short - which, frankly, is ridiculous in and of itself, but still, you come away with the feeling that Trent checks down far too often. I didn't get that sense when I watched the film. True, there were occasions - too many occasions - that Edwards hesitated to throw towards Terrell Owens (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3425/Terrell_Owens) or Lee Evans (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1866/Lee_Evans) when either was in single coverage. His decision-making clearly wasn't perfect. But his decisions actually weren't bad in this game. In general, he was smart with the football. Fans want Edwards to throw deep or intermediate on every play, but that's completely unrealistic. Trent took his shots. It'd be nice if he took more shots, but shots were taken.
I'm far less worried about Edwards' decision-making than I am with his mechanics. Chalk it up to his terrible offensive line play if you wish - I'm putting a large chunk of blame on them - but Edwards' mechanics have deteriorated significantly over the past few weeks. His footwork is getting happier by the snap, which should have the contrary effect of making Bills fans - and receivers - sad. He lacks accuracy for a variety of reasons, but mostly because he's either throwing on the move, backwards, or not stepping into his throws completely because of the rush. On his interception - a busted play where Trent was rolling to his left and spotted Owens running a fly route down the field - Trent had an opportunity to make a big play, but he threw moving to the left and off of one foot. Ball was short, Cleveland picked it. Trent had time to set his feet and throw a strike there - yeah, he'd have taken a hit - but he shied away and threw up a lollipop.
Set aside the "throw it deep or else!" stuff for now, because Trent's got much, much bigger problems.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/10/13/1082899/browns-6-bills-3-week-5-film

yordad
10-13-2009, 02:06 PM
He already has.

Right now he's A problem. There is no "the" problem; there are many.Yes, I agree, he has validated the thought that he would do no better then JP.

JD
10-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Why is everyone so excited? PEYTON MANNING HAS A BYE NEXT WEEK AND MY ONLY OTHER STARTER IS EDWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philagape
10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes, I agree, he has validated the thought that he would do no better then JP.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3009339&highlight=mondale#post3009339
You're disqualified.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
The worst thing that can happen is if Fitz finishes the year with 6 wins. That would assure Jauron the job and I'll have heartattack. Sure, I'd love for Fitzy to string together a 7 game win streak and put us back in the hunt but that ain't happening. This move just better not save Dickless's job.

sdbillsfan2
10-13-2009, 02:23 PM
The one good thing about Fitz playing would be : nobody will try to convince us he has potential , he's the future of the Bills or blame every mistake on the line.

We don't have to be delusional anymore and expect more then what we get.
At best, he's third string , and I'm so sick of Trend I'd rather see anyone else line up behind center.

How ironic would this be :

Let's trade Edwards for an experienced O lineman

BillsWin
10-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I think we are only two games out of first place and Fitz showed in preseason he could not only throw deep, but he was accurate and had command in the no-huddle. Hell, if he just makes this team more interesting I would be happy. We arent going to the Super Bowl, so at least give me some ups to go with all these downs!!!

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 02:37 PM
its funny that a lot of my friends are now watching cuz Trent is out. I was impressed with how Fitz ran the no huddle in the pre season and he looked accurate. From what I understand though, and I could be wrong, he has a fumbling problem like JP did if hes sacked so he better be ready.

yordad
10-13-2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=3009339&highlight=mondale#post3009339
You're disqualified.OK, I have no idea what you are trying to get me to see.

Ingtar33
10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
this game has 200yards, 1 td, 3 ints, 4 fumbles, and 7 sacks written all over it.

I don't know how many of you watched fitz last year for the bengals... but that's about all he'll manage.

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
how do I put a picture in my signature?

BillyT92679
10-13-2009, 02:49 PM
this game has 200yards, 1 td, 3 ints, 4 fumbles, and 7 sacks written all over it.

I don't know how many of you watched fitz last year for the bengals... but that's about all he'll manage.
That's one td more than Edwards.

Dr. Pepper
10-13-2009, 02:53 PM

we couldve beat the Browns with those stats.

Demon
10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Why is everyone so excited? PEYTON MANNING HAS A BYE NEXT WEEK AND MY ONLY OTHER STARTER IS EDWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably not wise to start Edwards against a hungry and angry Rex Ryan Jets defense....

Since i have the worst team in the league, send me an offer for Jason Campbell (vs. KC) and i'll accept.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
oh great, now dick wins a couple games and ralph renews his commitment to him

Philagape
10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
OK, I have no idea what you are trying to get me to see.

of course not.

cocamide
10-13-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm gonna see if I can trade Adrian Peterson for the Jets D this weekend. They'll get at least 75 points. It'll probably be a new fantasy football record.

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 03:14 PM
i dont think it really helps us, unless Fitz makes quick decissions...look at Aaron Rodgers, his oline is horrible and he makes plays

Mr. Pink
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
This team won't score a point this week if this is true.

I guarantee it.

Not that that is any different really from what we've seen the last two weeks.

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
just when i got comfortable rooting for the losses so we could be bad enough to get change across the board, fitz is going to step in and ruin this whole thing. we need to be top 5 bad. Anything else and "it's for continuity"!

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
i agree, i want a top 5 pick, maybe get Bradford...although Ralph and Company would probably trade down.

yordad
10-13-2009, 03:39 PM
of course not.Well, apparently you don't either. What do you say I just give you a random link. And tell you I'm not surprised you didn't get it. Here, lets see if you get it, here is a link to a metaphor describing a majority of your post...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=181088 (http://www.gay.com/)

yordad
10-13-2009, 03:40 PM
This team won't score a point this week if this is true.

I guarantee it.

Not that that is any different really from what we've seen the last two weeks.The Bills scored 3 points at home vs one of the worse defenses in the league, and 3 vs the Fins. How many do you think they will score in NY with Trent Edwards at QB?

homeslice5484
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Rex Ryan is loving the prep vs the Bills....blitz blitz blitz!

Philagape
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Well, apparently you don't either. What do you say I just give you a random link. And tell you I'm not surprised you didn't get it. Here, lets see if you get it, here is a link to a metaphor describing a majority of your post...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=181088 (http://www.gay.com/)

Just a majority?? What about the rest of it?

yordad
10-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Just a majority?? What about the rest of it?I can't say I read them all man. :roflmao:

Philagape
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I can't say I read them all man. :roflmao:

Oh you meant to say posts.
Laughing at your own sooo fits you.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
woot another ride on the QB carousel,

04 Bledsoe
05 Losman/Holcomb
06 Losman
07 Losman/Edwards
08 Edwards
09 Edwards/Fitzpatrick
10 Does it even freakin' matter? Because you all will hate him by 2011.

Iehoshua
10-13-2009, 04:05 PM

04 Bledsoe
05 Losman/Holcomb
06 Losman
07 Losman/Edwards
08 Edwards
09 Edwards/Fitzpatrick
Bledsoe STILL sucks!
:bravo:

Dr. Pepper
10-13-2009, 04:10 PM

04 Bledsoe
05 Losman/Holcomb
06 Losman
07 Losman/Edwards
08 Edwards
09 Edwards/Fitzpatrick

you're right let's just ride "cap't clutch" to a 1-15 season :lmao:

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
keep building the lines is the answer to get out of this futility. watch fitz get killed back there. then back to edwards, and he'll go down. then hamdan. we need a professional grade line. we don't need a QB.

That's not to say edwards is the answer, but get a real line first, let a mediocre to poor qb take the beating with the growing pains, then upgrade the QB position. This team needs depth all around.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
you're right let's just ride "cap't clutch" to a 1-15 season :lmao:

no you're right a career back up in Fitz is the way to go, unless you watched a Bengals game last year.

But it won't matter, in a few games you'll be calling for Hamdan, then by 2011 you be calling for the head of the QB we drafted.

You people have the attention span of a puppy.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
keep building the lines is the answer to get out of this futility. watch fitz get killed back there. then back to edwards, and he'll go down. then hamdan. we need a professional grade line. we don't need a QB.

That's not to say edwards is the answer, but get a real line first, let a mediocre to poor qb take the beating with the growing pains, then upgrade the QB position. This team needs depth all around.

the fastest way to fix our offense is to get some solid OTs, and maybe a center who can snap, then get a coach who knows what he's doing.

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh you meant to say posts.
Laughing at your own sooo fits you.LOL, duh. "I'm rubber you're glue, nahnah a booboo".

Dr. Pepper
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
no you're right a career back up in Fitz is the way to go, unless you watched a Bengals game last year.

But it won't matter, in a few games you'll be calling for Hamdan, then by 2011 you be calling for the head of the QB we drafted.

You people have the attention span of a puppy.

and you have the loyalty of one. edwards is a career backup.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Maybe if Fitz starts at QB we can move Trent to Linebacker.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Fix the DL with Suh than the Oline with RD2 OT or trade up OT in late 1st. And let Edwards and Jason Campbell compete for Starting job in camp. Loser gets the back up gig. If neither work and the line improves, draft a highly touted QB next year that has chance to survive and not get killed behind the line.

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Maybe if Fitz starts at QB we can move Trent to Linebacker.I think he would make an excellent field goal holder.

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM

04 Bledsoe
05 Losman/Holcomb
06 Losman
07 Losman/Edwards
08 Edwards
09 Edwards/Fitzpatrick

i hated edwards when the bills drafted him

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Fix the DL with Suh than the Oline with RD2 OT or trade up OT in late 1st. And let Edwards and Jason Campbell compete for Starting job in camp. Loser gets the back up gig. If neither work and the line improves, draft a highly touted QB next year that has chance to survive and not get killed behind the line.The words "next year" and "Trent Edwards" and "compete for the starting job" should not go together at all, IMO.

Dr. Pepper
10-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Fix the DL with Suh than the Oline with RD2 OT or trade up OT in late 1st. And let Edwards and Jason Campbell compete for Starting job in camp. Loser gets the back up gig. If neither work and the line improves, draft a highly touted QB next year that has chance to survive and not get killed behind the line.

jason campbell? really? thats what we've become?

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:24 PM
and you have the loyalty of one. edwards is a career backup.

right I'm ultra loyal, wanting to give a QB time to grow. You people would've tried to run Kelly out of town in '87.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:25 PM
I think he would make an excellent field goal holder.

well there's another thing he does better than your boy JP.

Dr. Pepper
10-13-2009, 04:26 PM
right I'm ultra loyal, wanting to give a QB time to grow. You people would've tried to run Kelly out of town in '87.

pretty sure jim killy didnt like to check down for a 2 yard gain on 4th and 20.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:26 PM
i hated edwards when the bills drafted him

oh so didn't even bother to care about his play you just hated him, awesome.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
pretty sure jim killy didnt like to check down for a 2 yard gain on 4th and 20.

oh that's right I forgot you people liked to watch JP throw for a long TD then suck the rest of the game and watch us lose.

wins > entertainment.

Philagape
10-13-2009, 04:28 PM

It's his third year, that's the make-or-break year. And right now it's break.
He's had enough time, he should be experienced enough to not be so scared.

Griff
The words "next year" and "Trent Edwards" and "compete for the starting job" should not go together at all, IMO.

you're right, we need to get to hating a new QB.

Griff
He's had enough time, he should be experienced enough to not be so scared.

tell you what, give him a line that can actually pass block, then we'll talk.

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
well there's another thing he does better than your boy JP.Good. Put it on his resume. I am sure there is a niche role for that in some league, somewhere.

Dr. Pepper
10-13-2009, 04:30 PM
oh that's right I forgot you people liked to watch JP throw for a long TD then suck the rest of the game and watch us lose.

wins > entertainment.

no i didnt like him either. doesnt it bother you that edwards has gotten worse and worse since like week 4 last season? at what point does the production drop become valid enough for you to believe hes not the answer?

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 04:30 PM
i get griff's point. the lines are terrible. but Jim knew when to go long and when to take what was needed. Edwards doesn't have that...and kelly never got completely shut down by one style of defense. it seems like he rushes through everything (maybe out of concern of the collapsing pocket) but it doesn't look like it's going to get better for him.

that's why i am of the mind that they build up the lines before they toss him out. worst case scenario, he takes a beating while a better line gels. Best case scenario, the old trent who could lead a come from behind victory reemerges.

Either way, we need that line shored up with NFL caliber players. no more losers from the practice squad filling in during games.

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 04:31 PM
oh so didn't even bother to care about his play you just hated him, awesome.

no i hated the concept of wasting a draft pick on a qb when we had one.

i should go back to that draft an look at what we could have drafted besides an under 500 qb who was hurt all the time.

BECAUSE its not like we needed help at OL LB DB and WR that draft lets draft a career chump and not fill any of our real needs

that pick was just like every 1st rounder we have had for last 10 years drafting the replacement so we didnt have to pay a 1st rounder

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:32 PM
right I'm ultra loyal, wanting to give a QB time to grow. You people would've tried to run Kelly out of town in '87.Trent has started more games then JP did when he was benched after the Wilfork hit. Rookies are exploding all over the league. Another 27 starts is not an option IMO. Especially not when I haven't seen anything deserving of it.

Griff
Good. Put it on his resume. I am sure there is a niche role for that in some league, somewhere.

he could always go to the UFL and out play Losman there too.

Dr. Pepper
i get griff's point. the lines are terrible. but Jim knew when to go long and when to take what was needed. Edwards doesn't have that...and kelly never got completely shut down by one style of defense. it seems like he rushes through everything (maybe out of concern of the collapsing pocket) but it doesn't look like it's going to get better for him.

that's why i am of the mind that they build up the lines before they toss him out. worst case scenario, he takes a beating while a better line gels. Best case scenario, the old trent who could lead a come from behind victory reemerges.

Either way, we need that line shored up with NFL caliber players. no more losers from the practice squad filling in during games.

its been discussed before, but....

aaron rodgers can do it, why cant trent?

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
no i didnt like him either. doesnt it bother you that edwards has gotten worse and worse since like week 4 last season? at what point does the production drop become valid enough for you to believe hes not the answer?

yes it does bother me, but the O Line and coach bother me much more. Without these being changed it wouldn't matter if we had Peyton.

BuffaloBlitz83

i should go back to that draft an look at what we could have drafted besides an under 500 qb who was hurt all the time.

BECAUSE its not like we needed help at OL LB DB and WR that draft lets draft a career chump and not fill any of our real needs

that pick was just like every 1st rounder we have had for last 10 years drafting the replacement so we didnt have to pay a 1st rounder We had a QB? Who Losman?

Dr. Pepper
yes it does bother me, but the O Line and coach bother me much more. Without these being changed it wouldn't matter if we had Peyton.

well at least we can agree that jauron sucks.

Philagape
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
tell you what, give him a line that can actually pass block, then we'll talk.

When they do, it makes no difference. He still checks down when he doesn't have to. Like I've said for years, if the QB needs everything else to go right for him to look merely competent, what good is he?

Griff

logic people, use it.

yordad

wins > entertainment.The Bills are 1-4. Did you not know that? Am I missing something? And, I am pretty sure throwing more then 2 yards on a 4th and 20 is not a characteristic only JP has. I'm thinking most QBs would like to try for a first down in that situation. Call me crazy. :idunno:

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM

that pick was just like every 1st rounder we have had for last 10 years drafting the replacement so we didnt have to pay a 1st rounder

that and Losman sucked on toast.

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
He's had enough time, he should be experienced enough to not be so scared.Bingo! I knew you had it in ya. That is why I said only a "majority".

Philagape
10-13-2009, 04:36 PM

Because Rodgers is a better QB, which is irrelevant to the discussion.

Griff
Trent has started more games then JP did when he was benched after the Wilfork hit. Rookies are exploding all over the league. Another 27 starts is not an option IMO. Especially not when I haven't seen anything deserving of it.

I love it, a few rookies get good now you're spoiled and want instant success. When you're ready to join the real world let us know... k?

Philagape
Bingo! I knew you had it in ya. That is why I said only a "majority".

Conversely, you still don't have it in you. Broken clock.

yordad
you're right, we need to get to hating a new QB.We? Speak for yourself. I don't dislike Trent. I think he might make a fine politician someday.

Tom O
10-13-2009, 04:37 PM
What is our answer in the long run? We have got to fix the O Line. They look horendous and there is no hope for improvement for our tackles. Haumgartner(sp?) looks worse than the 2 rookies. Bell? Horrible, just horrible. I know that Trent won't throw anything down field, but we should leave him in there and let him get destroyed until we can address the line.

Philagape
10-13-2009, 04:37 PM
We had a QB? Who Losman?

Must mean Hamdan.

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:38 PM
tell you what, give him a line that can actually pass block, then we'll talk.LOL, isn't that what the lickers said?

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
he could always go to the UFL and out play Losman there too.In holding field goals? Yeah, I already agreed he may be better at that.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:39 PM

1. Much better coaching
2. Better natural talent, Rogers might be the greatest QB to ever come into the league and the Bills should've traded up to get him, but I only say that cause we shared a semester at the same community college.
3. See #1. DJ is terrible, terrible, terrible.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
When they do, it makes no difference. He still checks down when he doesn't have to. Like I've said for years, if the QB needs everything else to go right for him to look merely competent, what good is he?

not Peyton Manning?

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
yes it does bother me, but the O Line and coach bother me much more. Without these being changed it wouldn't matter if we had Peyton.You cannot possibly believe that. This post just makes you sound delusional.

DraftBoy
1. Much better coaching
2. Better natural talent, Rogers might be the greatest QB to ever come into the league and the Bills should've traded up to get him, but I only say that cause we shared a semester at the same community college.
3. See #1. DJ is terrible, terrible, terrible.

Wait, what??

TheBrownBear
Trent had decent protection last year during the downward spiral that was the second half of the season. After he threw up all those picks in the first five minutes against Cleveland, he lost his confidence, his ability to read a defense disappeared, and he has never been the same. That game (one of the most embarrassing I can recall by an NFL QB) is when he truly became Captain Checkdown - and he's just continued to regress this year.

It's strange to see someone just "lose it" like Trent has, but it happens from time to time in sports, for instance, guys like Knoblauch and Ankiel in baseball. Or maybe the ultimate example of a guy just losing it completely - Ian Baker Finch on the links.

Griff
The Bills are 1-4. Did you not know that? Am I missing something? And, I am pretty sure throwing more then 2 yards on a 4th and 20 is not a characteristic only JP has. I'm thinking most QBs would like to try for a first down in that situation. Call me crazy. :idunno:

we're not 1-4 because of "checkdowns"

we're 1-4 because of McKelvin's fumble, because of Roscoe's fumble because our Oline fell apart after week 2, because we have DJ as a coach. There are lots of reasons before "checking down".

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM
We? Speak for yourself. I don't dislike Trent. I think he might make a fine politician someday.

haha, you know you're pissed that he took your son's job.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:44 PM
LOL, isn't that what the lickers said?

no you said, that his long ball gives me wood.

we said JP holds onto the ball like it has the cure for cancer.

Philagape
not Peyton Manning?

Right now he's not even Shaun Hill or Jason Campbell

Griff
You cannot possibly believe that. This post just makes you sound delusional.

you're right having a terrible coach and Oline has no detrimental effect on the QB...

djjimkelly
We had a QB? Who Losman?

if u remember correctly losman went 7-9 that season and had pretty decent numbers

losman had a young lee evans and an unmotivated mcgahee

trent has had much better toys

and yet

trent 0 300 yard games losman more then that.

trent 77.7 rating JP 75.2 same **** diff pile except one tried throing ball for more the 3 on his attempts

both qbs saddled with horrific coaching

hes a loser just admit it

and we can reenter what losman is in 2010 becuz he will be somewhere in the nfl next season.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Wait, what??

Roadrunners 4 Life!

Chico represent!

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I love it, a few rookies get good now you're spoiled and want instant success. When you're ready to join the real world let us know... k?OK, let me know when Trent has had enough starts for you to conclude he isn't getting it done.

LOL, at my own post. How you could possible think he is getting it done is beyond me, lol. I must be in fantasy land, cuz appearently in the real world Trent is tearing it up.

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Conversely, you still don't have it in you. Broken clock.You know, if you tell an inside joke, and no one gets it but you, it kind of loses its punch. And, if I don't have the ability to get something right, then why are you agree with the post I made 1.5 years ago? Who's clock is broken again?

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Trent had decent protection last year during the downward spiral that was the second half of the season. After he threw up all those picks in the first five minutes against Cleveland, he lost his confidence, his ability to read a defense disappeared, and he has never been the same. That game (one of the most embarrassing I can recall by an NFL QB) is when he truly became Captain Checkdown - and he's just continued to regress this year.

It's strange to see someone just "lose it" like Trent has, but it happens from time to time in sports, for instance, guys like Knoblauch and Ankiel in baseball. Or maybe the ultimate example of a guy just losing it completely - Ian Baker Finch on the links.

yep Captain Checkdown, the guy who holds the record for the point points scored by a visitor in Arrowhead Stadium. A guy who put up more than twice as many points than the Chiefs allowed on average all year. Btw that was right after the Browns game.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Right now he's not even Shaun Hill or Jason Campbell
point

your head.

Canadian'eh!
10-13-2009, 04:48 PM
I think anyone who is the least bit "excited" that they MAY have to go to Fitz now, is more delusional than I am in saying that with better coaching and an Oline that Trent would be a good QB.

Fitz is gonna be carried off before the 2nd Q.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:49 PM
if u remember correctly losman went 7-9 that season and had pretty decent numbers

losman had a young lee evans and an unmotivated mcgahee

trent has had much better toys

and yet

trent 0 300 yard games losman more then that.

trent 77.7 rating JP 75.2 same **** diff pile except one tried throing ball for more the 3 on his attempts

both qbs saddled with horrific coaching

hes a loser just admit it

and we can reenter what losman is in 2010 becuz he will be somewhere in the nfl next season.

I guess you forgot the first 3 games of the 07 season, then the Jacksonville return game.

JP was outplayed by a rookie, the rookie you didn't want on this team, the rookie that got 5 of the 7 wins.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
OK, let me know when Trent has had enough starts for you to conclude he isn't getting it done.

LOL, at my own post. How you could possible think he is getting it done is beyond me, lol. I must be in fantasy land, cuz appearently in the real world Trent is tearing it up.

says the guy who still worships at his Losman alter.

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 04:50 PM
I guess you forgot the first 3 games of the 07 season, then the Jacksonville return game.

JP was outplayed by a rookie, the rookie you didn't want on this team, the rookie that got 5 of the 7 wins.

i also know unlike trent JP never got start after start after start

he went thru coaches trying to save their job

regardless i dont want to fight

with respect to the buffalo bills our favourite team

BOTH QBS SUCK *****

BertSquirtgum
10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Fitz sucks too. Big deal.

we shall see who sucks more then

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
we're not 1-4 because of "checkdowns"

we're 1-4 because of McKelvin's fumble, because of Roscoe's fumble because our Oline fell apart after week 2, because we have DJ as a coach. There are lots of reasons before "checking down".I read somewhere the ball boys had something to do with it. Well, that and I forgot to wear my lucky socks, so I jinxed them.

Oh wait, no I'm pretty sure most of it was due to Trent sucking.

Griff
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
i also know unlike trent JP never got start after start after start

he went thru coaches trying to save their job

regardless i dont want to fight

with respect to the buffalo bills our favourite team

BOTH QBS SUCK *****

and I hate to tell you this but Fitz is no better. At least if we start Trent for the rest of the year, he'll have trade value.

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM

LOL that season was most comical in a few ways

losman 2 starts vs pats
1 vs jags and a couple other playoff teams

if i remeber correctly edwards played vs a a bunch of top 10 drafting teams

regardless neither is answer for this team

and we better pray we lose enough to draft mccoy or bradford

raphael120
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
and I hate to tell you this but Fitz is no better. At least if we start Trent for the rest of the year, he'll have trade value.

What the hell kind of value would Trent be if he shows he can't win an effin game against a team worth a damn?

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:54 PM
you're right having a terrible coach and Oline has no detrimental effect on the QB...Oh come on now. You're like a licker 2.0, a licker squared, a licker on steroids, a two tongued licker.....

djjimkelly
10-13-2009, 04:54 PM

i dont think we have more the 15 nfl level players on this roster

so trust me i know fitz is junk i just want a top 5 pick and for trent to be exposed

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:56 PM
no you said, that his long ball gives me wood.

we said JP holds onto the ball like it has the cure for cancer.I said JPs long ball gives you wood? OK, I don't remember ever pretending to have that much carnal knowledge about you. I am pretty sure you just fantasized that one up.

T-Long
10-13-2009, 04:57 PM
any updated news on this Pat?

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
says the guy who still worships at his Losman alter.Way to avoid facts by projecting.

TheBrownBear
10-13-2009, 04:58 PM
yep Captain Checkdown, the guy who holds the record for the point points scored by a visitor in Arrowhead Stadium. A guy who put up more than twice as many points than the Chiefs allowed on average all year. Btw that was right after the Browns game.

Yeah, and watching that game I wasn't sold that Edwards had "bounced back." He had a nice game statistically, but the defense and special teams put him in great position to score all those points, and he still wasn't making downfield throws. He scored two with his legs (and I remember thinking at the time that he was running a lot because he was afraid to throw a pick) and tacked on two short TD passes after the game was out of hand. Keep in mind, that KC defense was ranked 31st, ahead of only Detroit.

My gut told me that Trent was still shellshocked and my intuition was eventually proven correct.

yordad
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
and I hate to tell you this but Fitz is no better. At least if we start Trent for the rest of the year, he'll have trade value.LOL, ok, now I know you are kidding. You had me going there for a moment. lol

Philagape
10-13-2009, 04:59 PM
You know, if you tell an inside joke, and no one gets it but you, it kind of loses its punch. And, if I don't have the ability to get something right, then why are you agree with the post I made 1.5 years ago? Who's clock is broken again?

You certainly do not speak for anyone but yourself, and maybe the four other inhabitants of Planet JPUFL. I have no idea what you posted 1.5 years ago, other than something pro-JPUFL that was undoubtedly unintentionally funny.

yordad
10-13-2009, 05:00 PM
any updated news on this Pat?Quit hijacking this thread!

yordad
10-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Maybe we can make Fitz just a situational QB. like in situations were we play a 3-4 defense or in situations where the Bills call a pass play.

mush69
10-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Maybe we can make Fitz just a situational QB. like in situations were we play a 3-4 defense or in situations where the Bills call a pass play.

Instead of the "wildcat" we'll call it the "scare-t-cat"

T-Long
10-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Quit hijacking this thread!
haha what the piss!

Mr. Pink
10-13-2009, 06:31 PM
The Bills scored 3 points at home vs one of the worse defenses in the league, and 3 vs the Fins. How many do you think they will score in NY with Trent Edwards at QB?

HHURRICANE
10-13-2009, 06:35 PM

That was hilarious!!

yordad
10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
3Whoa, then they better not make the change. :(

ddaryl
10-13-2009, 07:36 PM

wow talk about blind faith....

TigerJ
10-13-2009, 08:43 PM

the rebuilding restarts with the Draft in April.I don't read anything more into it if true than Jauron is grasping at straws and is desperate to try and get a win. That said, the new head coach and any new members of the brain trust they bring in will have to strongly consider drafting a QB in the first three rounds, if not the first round, with the expectation he might be starting.

plundar
10-13-2009, 08:54 PM
We could have Manning back there and it wouldn't matter. When you have Swiss Cheese for a line. Trent would be good if we could protect him.

Demon
10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
We could have Manning back there and it wouldn't matter. When you have Swiss Cheese for a line. Trent would be good if we could protect him.

I call BS.

Edwards has had time many times this season and during the Browns game. He had receivers open and still failed to deliver the ball. In fact, he even grew a pair and decided to throw it to a wide open Owens who would have brought down the house on when he had his defender beat, yet, Edwards under threw it for an INT.

He's not a good QB.

Griff
10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
What the hell kind of value would Trent be if he shows he can't win an effin game against a team worth a damn?

most coaches in this league recognize Trent's potential.

Griff
10-13-2009, 09:51 PM
LOL, ok, now I know you are kidding. You had me going there for a moment. lol

nope sorry you fail, just like your campaign to keep JP.

yordad
10-13-2009, 09:56 PM
nope sorry you fail, just like your campaign to keep JP.LOL, and you won? You won with Trent? pfff

I believe we all lost that one buddy.

I wasn't entirely convinced JP was the future. I was convinced Trent wasn't. I wanted him to prove me wrong, and he almost did.

Despite what you think, I am not happy Trent sucks.

HHURRICANE
10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
I got a tip that you guessed.

Typ0
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM

Great one!

yordad
10-14-2009, 12:54 PM
We could have Manning back there and it wouldn't matter. When you have Swiss Cheese for a line. Trent would be good if we could protect him.Why do people keep saying this when a guy like Rodgers is in the middle of a pro bowl season behind a worse line?

Mr. Pink
10-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Why do people keep saying this when a guy like Rodgers is in the middle of a pro bowl season behind a worse line?

Meanwhile you used the O-line excuse to try and play your boy JP up...

Now, people try to do it with Edwards and they're wrong?

Kind of hypocritical, don't ya think?

Nighthawk
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Who cares who starts...they'll still be garbage.

yordad
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM

Kind of hypocritical, don't ya think?Not when I believe you could but Trent behind Minnesota's line and he wouldn't look much better. I don't think he has the physical tools. I don't think he has the confidence. I don't think he has the fire. I don't think he has the inner drive. I don't think he has it. Heck, the only argument I heard in favor of starting Trent over JP was "poise". I do not see it. :ill:

BuffaloBlitz83
10-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Aaron Rogers is not on a Pro Bowl year. Driver and Jennings have 3 TDs Combined. Could that have something to do with the bad O Line also?

SABURZFAN
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM

why bother with him? he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. he's been proving that since he's been here.

Goobylal
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM

Except that JP didn't have Evans, TO, and Reed as WR's, Lynch and Jackson as RB's, and Nelson at TE. The best JP had was Evans, Price and Reed at WR, Lynch and Thomas at RB, and Royal at TE.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Except that JP didn't have Evans, TO, and Reed as WR's, Lynch and Jackson as RB's, and Nelson at TE. The best JP had was Evans, Price and Reed at WR, Lynch and Thomas at RB, and Royal at TE.

And McGahee.

And a better O-line than we have now.

Fact is, the Bills had a better all around team when JP was here.

And the better fact? JP and Edwards both suck copious amounts of ass.

Problem is we have nothing on this roster worth starting at QB.

Goobylal
10-14-2009, 02:02 PM
And McGahee.

And a better O-line than we have now.

Fact is, the Bills had a better all around team when JP was here.

And the better fact? JP and Edwards both suck copious amounts of ass.

Problem is we have nothing on this roster worth starting at QB.
I don't disagree with you about the last 2 sentences, but the "better all around team" is wrong. McGahee was going through the motions in 2006 and there was no backup of Jackson's caliber. Royal sucked (remember the blown TD pass against the Titans near the end of 2006?). And the O-line was lousy then, just as it is now (although now it's more due to injury).

BillsWin
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
So whats the deal. Is Fitz starting?????

Beastie Bills
10-14-2009, 02:48 PM
So whats the deal. Is Fitz starting?????

No. Trent is starting.