PDA

View Full Version : TMQ Snippet on bills browns

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Here is TMQ's snippet on the bills browns game. awesome observation on his part.

Browns-Bills Should Have Been "Presented by Sominex": The Browns have failed to score an offensive touchdown in nine of their past 11 games; the Bills have failed to score an offensive touchdown in five of their past six homes games. When they met Sunday, Browns quarterback Derek Anderson somehow managed to compile a 15.1 passer rating; if every throw clangs to the ground incomplete, the passer gets a 39 rating. "It's great, it's fantastic, I couldn't be happier," Cleveland coach Eric Mangini gushed after a 6-3 win in which the Browns completed two forward passes. Buffalo's mystifying insistence on sticking to a no-huddle offense that hasn't produced a touchdown in three games became farcical as the Bills adopted a quick-count cadence in hopes of drawing Cleveland offside. They only succeeded in drawing themselves offside, the Bills being whistled for a preposterous nine false starts. Watching these two offenses was like watching the Exxon Valdez try to extricate itself from the rocks of Bligh Reef.

The Bills have lost in consecutive weeks to winless teams, scoring one offensive touchdown in the last three games, and are on a 3-12 run since the moment last fall when Dick "Cheerio, Chaps" Jauron received a three-year, $9 million contract extension. Thank goodness Cheerio Chaps has long-term security! He did not, however, grant himself the extension: management did. During the same period Jauron has been on the Buffalo scene, Buffalo management has invested three first-round draft choices and a second-rounder in safety Donte Whitner, cornerback Leodis McKelvin, defensive tackle John McCargo and middle linebacker Paul Posluszny. After acquiring these gentlemen and granting them contracts with huge bonuses, Buffalo saved money by letting go safety Jim Leonhard, cornerback Jabari Greer, defensive tackle Justin Bannan and middle linebacker Mario Haggan. McCargo is a bust who has never started a game; Whitner is a journeyman-level performer, McKelvin and Posluszny are perennially injured. Meanwhile, Leonhard, Greer and Haggan are playing like stars for the Jets, Saints and Broncos, while Bannan is often on the field for the Ravens. Had Buffalo simply kept Leonhard, Greer, Haggan and Bannan and used the draft choices and money on other players, it might now be a real team. Time to recognize that Buffalo general manager Russ Brandon is Matt Millen: The Sequel.

Romes
10-13-2009, 02:14 PM
:ill:

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
While I think the Brandon/Millen comparisons are comical, it's not entirely fair to blame Brandon. Sure, he's part of the problem, but he's not completely at fault for screwing up the team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-13-2009, 03:28 PM
yep... total cluster fark

Tom O
10-13-2009, 05:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing on Sunday. Especially Haggan and Leonhard. Well, if I remember correctly, Bannan was a great reserve for us. He was a Kyle Williams type player with a high motor that plugged up the middle. More than I can say for McCargo. By the way, Leonhard returns kicks without coughing up the ball.

Jan Reimers
10-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I was thinking the same thing on Sunday. Especially Haggan and Leonhard. Well, if I remember correctly, Bannan was a great reserve for us. He was a Kyle Williams type player with a high motor that plugged up the middle. More than I can say for McCargo. By the way, Leonhard returns kicks without coughing up the ball.
Sadly, Leonhard, Haggan and Bannan weren't really cut to save money, as the article stated. Our great talent evaluators simply thought some other players were better.

patmoran2006
10-13-2009, 07:53 PM
While I think the Brandon/Millen comparisons are comical, it's not entirely fair to blame Brandon. Sure, he's part of the problem, but he's not completely at fault for screwing up the team.

Sure he is..

IF that's the case, neither was Matt Millen then.

OpIv37
10-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Sadly, Leonhard, Haggan and Bannan weren't really cut to save money, as the article stated. Our great talent evaluators simply thought some other players were better.

and as usual, they were wrong.