PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren in line to coach Bills?

T-Long
10-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Take it for what it's worth, but definitely worth discussing.

LINK (http://hardknoxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/nfl-rumors-dungy-bucs-holmgren-bills/)

psubills62
10-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Would be fine with me. I'd take Barney the Purple Dinosaur (or even Barney Fife from Andy Griffith) over Jauron at this point.

yordad
10-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, I am all for it. In fact, I said something similar the other day
link (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3010773&postcount=35)

Once upon a time they let the Coach draft and pick the free agent targets. Now they got all kinds of other guys for that. I want a coach that has all the say. A Parcells type guy. Someone who has done it before. Mike Holmgren did it for the Seahawks for a while. He was like 11 points shy of being the only coach in NFL history to win the Super Bowl with two different teams. He is a Marv/Wilson type guy too.

I really don't know who else has had almost all the say in who gets signed, drafted, or who doesn't. But I know Jauron would say something like "I coach who they give me" if he would ever speak candidly enough.
and...link (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3004572&postcount=29)

I would like to see a guy who can be GM and coach hired. One with a proven track record. Someone like Mike Holmgren who was 12 points shy of being the only head coach in history to win the Superbowl with 2 different teams.

He is the type of guy Ralph puts his trust in, character wise.

Nighthawk
10-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I'd like this move, even if Holmgren wasn't the best GM in Seattle. At least he is a proven "football man" and he would be running the show. That being said, it's not really a credible source.

Mudflap1
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I'd be down for Holmgren as GM, with him picking the head coach. That might not be a bad scenario either, if GM and coach is too much for him.

Yasgur's Farm
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I've rubbed myself raw once already today when pat suggested there may be a new starter at QB. I don't know if I can take anymore.

Goobylal
10-13-2009, 07:14 PM
I'd still prefer Shanahan, if total control is what each is asking for, because Shanahan owns Belichick. Still, I'd take Holmgren easily.

Syderick
Is this what the craigslist rumour report was saying "coach with ring"?

Bulldog
I would love to have Holmgren in Buffalo. I highly doubt Wilson would be willing to give anyone that kind of power. People have said his trust is pretty much non existant after the TD era ended. This is nothing but speculation.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
I would love to have Holmgren in Buffalo. I highly doubt Wilson would be willing to give anyone that kind of power. People have said his trust is pretty much non existant after the TD era ended. This is nothing but speculation.

Just like the fans' trust in him doing the right thing is non existent right about now.

Mudflap1
10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Here's a positive for Ralph -- paying one guy for two jobs! (Coach and GM)

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2009, 07:18 PM
If this happens I would drive to Detroit and kiss Ralph's feet.

Goobylal
10-13-2009, 07:19 PM
What does Ralph have left to sell the team to fans? There will be no TO signing over the off-season, especially if there's no salary cap. The best he can do is pay for a big-name HC. Otherwise you'll see season tix plummet and games fall well short of selling out next year.

soapman
10-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Would he be GM or GM and coach?

ddaryl
10-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Not my 1st choice but i would still rejoice

YoungEz
10-13-2009, 07:44 PM
I like Holmgren as a coach and get a real GM but since we won't I guess I am fine giving him both way better than what we have even though it didn't work great in seattle but could here maybe

Beggers cant be choosy i guess...

Pinkerton Security
10-13-2009, 07:46 PM
I'd be ecstatic.

Nighthawk
10-13-2009, 07:49 PM

Yeah, but think about it...he has to pay more for Holmgren, but he has a GM & Coach in one. This works great for a miser like Wilson...one person to do a two person job!

DynaPaul
10-13-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm gonna say that this info isn't even worth a wooden nickel.

Philagape
10-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Too good to be true.

WeAreArthurMoates
10-13-2009, 08:23 PM
I am the egg man, I am the walrus, koo koo ka chu.

Aliceinchainsbills15
10-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Take it for what it's worth, but definitely worth discussing.

LINK (http://hardknoxsports.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/nfl-rumors-dungy-bucs-holmgren-bills/)
That would be awsome. Idk though. Ralph tends to be cheap and will possibly get someone unproven. Believe it until i see it.:beers:

THATHURMANATOR
10-13-2009, 08:32 PM
He is paying craphole Jauron 3 mil a year. How much would Homgren command? 6, that isnt crazy. Get it done.

The Natrix
10-13-2009, 08:39 PM
If Chris Meyers actually said this, I would think there would be more media outlets reporting it, right?

Stewie
10-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I swear on everything I believe in, yesterday at this time I had the urge to start a peition online to mike holmgren directly, begging him to come coach the bills. I was going to talk about how it's the perfect fit to match wits against the parcells and belichecks on the nfl, about how he would be lionized like no coach before him if he brought a trophy to a dying part of the united states.

I wish I wasn't lazy. Then I'd look precient. Those who don't believe me would. And I'd probably have a hundred thousand signatures by now.

life of faith
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I swear on everything I believe in, yesterday at this time I had the urge to start a peition online to mike holmgren directly, begging him to come coach the bills. I was going to talk about how it's the perfect fit to match wits against the parcells and belichecks on the nfl, about how he would be lionized like no coach before him if he brought a trophy to a dying part of the united states.

I wish I wasn't lazy. Then I'd look precient. Those who don't believe me would. And I'd probably have a hundred thousand signatures by now.

Get that petition organized and ready!!!!

tampabay25690
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I like it if its true

Demon
10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
The article said, JT The Brick reported it. JT The Brick is just a over night radio host. He's no reporter, no expert, he just is a good talker and knows his sports. I doubt he has many, if any, sources. So i won't get too excited until someone credible reports it.

But, i would love the move. Holmgren i hope hires some good offensive minds if he comes here because many of his moves via free agency failed on offense. His defenses have been great and most of his drafts have focused on defense.

gil
10-13-2009, 08:58 PM
This guy also has Dungy going to help in Tampa - this guy is 5 games into his tenure and Dungy is going to undermine him as a 'consultant' when he could've kept a coaching dream job in Indy?

Sorry, credibility was lost with that.

elltrain22
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I'll believe it when I see it

Jeff1220
10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
I'd love it, but I don't believe it.:pray:

BillsWin
10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
As a GM or as a coach? This is somewhat brilliant.

Demon
10-13-2009, 09:17 PM
As a GM or as a coach? This is somewhat brilliant.

If it were to happen, im pretty sure it'd be both.

tampabay25690
10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
This guy also has Dungy going to help in Tampa - this guy is 5 games into his tenure and Dungy is going to undermine him as a 'consultant' when he could've kept a coaching dream job in Indy?

That is definitely being throw around since he still lives in TAMPA...
That team is in worse shape then the BILLS...

The Natrix
10-13-2009, 09:29 PM

The article stated Chris Meyers said Dungy to Tampa. JT the Brick spoke about the Holmgren rumor apparently.

TheBrownBear
10-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't bother getting excited. I live in SoCal. JT the Brick is a joke, actually all of these SoCal radio guys are jokes. They just banter and throw ridiculous hypos around as if they were somehow fact. This "rumor" has no credibility in my opinion. Also, it states that JT discussed that Holmgren could have total control if he went to Buffalo - again, he could plug in Shanahan or Gruden or whomever...they're just speculating based on which teams are likely to have openings and which "name" coaches are available.

We'll be lucky if we bring in someone as good as Fassel, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for someone that "good."

Prov401
10-13-2009, 09:43 PM
I would like it, alot. However, I'd still prefer Shanahan over Holmgren. Shanahan performs well against Belicheck, and always builds the trenches. Plus, I believe if Houston doesn't make the playoffs, which is very possible, Kubiak will get the ax, and Shanahan may pick him up to be OC wherever he ends up (hopefully Buffalo).

Stewie
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Get that petition organized and ready!!!!
allright WTF. I threw this together because of OPIV. He taught me that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I let Raleigh's best burger sit for 15 minutes while I wrote this. I'll await your responses while I eat it cold. rewrites welcome. I'll post something tonight.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPAULBH%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPAULBH%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPAULBH%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> Dear Mike Holmgren,
We the undersigned are true Bills fans who want you coaching the franchise in Buffalo ASAFP.
You are, according to published reports, intrigued about one last football hurrah on the east coast.
Quite simply, Mr. Holmgren, there is no better fit for you than Buffalo NY. To put it mildly, you’d be lionized like no football coach in history should you bring a Lombardi to western New York.
To the people in the region, there is no single more unanimously-loved and emotionally-important thing than the Buffalo Bills. This atmosphere does not exist anywhere except perhaps a few locations. You are, of course, quite familiar with one such area, and that comfort and experience can help you breed success in a similar market. Buffalo is a dying region. It is in desperate need of hope. You could bring untold quantities- simply with your presence.
Beyond the fans, there is talent in place to win in Buffalo, Mr. Holmgren. You have young QB’s to work with, a very young OL, tremendous skill and depth at WR. Two running backs that could start for half the league. A defense that is very, very competitive when not asked to play for 40 minutes a game.
The Bills organization desperately needs someone to to teach them organization, attitude, wisdom, knowledge and a desire. Ho w to win.
We realize you were not perfect in all your NFL roles, who among us are? We hope you have learned enough about every aspect of running a franchise, that you can wisely choose what to do, and where to hire someone to do it for you. We hope that you have reached the point in life where the desire to find the best fit has overcome your desire to maximize your income. Because frankly, our owner probably won’t accommodate.
Finally, Mr. Holmgren, let’s pretend for a moment that none of that really matters to you, and all you want to do is test yourself against the best. Is there a better place to do that in the NFL than against Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick? It’s not happening in New Jersey.
But it’s waiting for you in Buffalo.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
10-13-2009, 09:52 PM
allright WTF. I threw this together because of OPIV. He taught me that YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

I let Raleigh's best burger sit for 15 minutes while I wrote this. I'll await your responses while I eat it cold. rewrites welcome. I'll post something tonight.

<LINK rel=File-List href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPAULBH%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><LINK rel=themeData href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPAULBH%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><LINK rel=colorSchemeMapping href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CPAULBH%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE>Dear Mike Holmgren,
We the undersigned are true Bills fans who want you coaching the franchise in Buffalo ASAFP.
You are, according to published reports, intrigued about one last football hurrah on the east coast.
Quite simply, Mr. Holmgren, there is no better fit for you than Buffalo NY. To put it mildly, you’d be lionized like no football coach in history should you bring a Lombardi to western New York.
To the people in the region, there is no single more unanimously-loved and emotionally-important thing than the Buffalo Bills. This atmosphere does not exist anywhere except perhaps a few locations. You are, of course, quite familiar with one such area, and that comfort and experience can help you breed success in a similar market. Buffalo is a dying region. It is in desperate need of hope. You could bring untold quantities- simply with your presence.
Beyond the fans, there is talent in place to win in Buffalo, Mr. Holmgren. You have young QB’s to work with, a very young OL, tremendous skill and depth at WR. Two running backs that could start for half the league. A defense that is very, very competitive when not asked to play for 40 minutes a game.
The Bills organization desperately needs someone to to teach them organization, attitude, wisdom, knowledge and a desire. Ho w to win.
We realize you were not perfect in all your NFL roles, who among us are? We hope you have learned enough about every aspect of running a franchise, that you can wisely choose what to do, and where to hire someone to do it for you. We hope that you have reached the point in life where the desire to find the best fit has overcome your desire to maximize your income. Because frankly, our owner probably won’t accommodate.
Finally, Mr. Holmgren, let’s pretend for a moment that none of that really matters to you, and all you want to do is test yourself against the best. Is there a better place to do that in the NFL than against Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick? It’s not happening in New Jersey.
But it’s waiting for you in Buffalo.

Where do I sign?

Stewie
10-13-2009, 10:45 PM
here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Holmgren/petition.html

trapezeus
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
i'd take it....that means that modrak is out...you don't get holmgren in the fo and then keep other people. he'll bring in his guys. he built a superbowl team in seattle.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
I singed it

Michael82
10-14-2009, 12:30 AM
When I made my coaching list, I totally forgot about Holmgren. He would be an excellent choice!

Canadian'eh!
10-14-2009, 05:36 AM
I'd be all for it.

Holmgren is a good coach. But in terms of personnell he had a LOT of misses in Seattle. Particularly in the draft.

Be careful.

awesome article about his GM abilities: http://sea.scout.com/2/816748.html

Stewie
10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
his difficulties have been address in the petition. SIGN SIGN SIGN.