PDA

View Full Version : I think I like the Fins version of ownership!

X-Era
10-14-2009, 06:11 AM
I like having many people be co-owners a.l.a. the Fins.

I think it reduces the risk of a few things happening:

1) A single owner acts as lord and keeps making terrible mistakes because they are too stupid or too old to know better.. Al Davis, and yes Ralph.

2) I think it makes it less likely that a team can pack up and move. Wouldnt everyone have to be on the same page on that?

Id like a semi-large partnership to buy the Bills versus a single owner.

To bad Berman cant get in on it somehow. He would have to quit before he could... or retire.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/14/dolphins-keep-selling-pieces-of-the-team-to-celebrities/

Static
10-14-2009, 07:59 AM
I am not sure I like it yet. If Ross stays hands off on the football side then that will be ok, just let Parcells do his thing, and I doubt all these celebrity "partners" will have much input other then getting to sit in a skybox.

Joe Fo Sho
10-14-2009, 08:09 AM
If Fergie owned any part of this team, I'd puke...

trapezeus
10-14-2009, 08:11 AM
The reason they were successful was because PArcels was brought in before they fractioned the ownership group with minority ownership rights.

I think if they were a team in chaos and they needed to come to a conclusion on who to hire, it'd be like the Bills GM by Committee. it'd be an ineffecient and horrible way of doing business.

This team needs a real leader who knows football operations and scouting. Then he needs to be able to work with his coach to get him players and let the coach do the coaching.