X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor
    • Jan 2009

Carucci: Wilson will eye Mike Nolan type coach to replace Jauron

1. Coaching changes. It seems as if Dick Jauron and Jim Zorn are as close as any head coach could be to getting fired. However, despite being extremely frustrated with their teams' performances, the Buffalo Bills' Ralph Wilson and Washington Redskins' Daniel Snyder have resisted the obvious temptation to pull the trigger.

Ironically, Wilson and Snyder represent opposite ends of league ownership. Wilson is the oldest of the old guard, while Snyder is the epitome of a young maverick. Yet, it seems as if both recognize that going with an interim replacement now likely will do little to make their teams better and would only serve to appease fans that want someone to pay for their frustration.

The bigger question is this: What is the long-term plan? There are some high-profile coaches available, such as Mike Shanahan and Mike Holmgren, and one is likely to end up being hired by Snyder, who believes in throwing big money at his team's big problems. Wilson has never held that belief. He will probably look at an impressive crop of coordinators, although two (Gregg Williams, who runs New Orleans' defense, and Mike Mularkey, who runs Atlanta's offense) have already been Bills head coaches. Maybe Wilson goes with Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, who flopped as a head coach in San Francisco.
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: Carucci: Wilson will eye Mike Nolan type coach to replace Jauron

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Another Defense minded head coach? WTF is wrong with him!
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I will puke all over everwhere.....

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

this is all speculation based on Ralphs past... If Ralph does such a stupid thing this time he best run for the hills. The fans won't even give such a coach a chance.

I know I won't

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Yup...

NFL HC experience? Check.
            Poor Track record? Check.
            Hot name after a decent showing for a much better coach as a DC? Check
            Willing to work for peanuts to get another HC shot? Check

oh yeah...he's ralphie material
            Last edited by Canadian'eh!; 10-14-2009, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

He'll bring in a 3-4 Defense. His biggest issue was that Alex Smith was a bust, otherwise Nolan would still be coaching in SF.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• elltrain22
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                Yup...

NFL HC experience? Check.
                Poor Track record? Check.
                Hot name after a decent showing for a much better coach as a DC? Check
                Willing to work for peanuts to get another HC shot? Check

oh yeah...he's ralphie material
                exactly. Nolan is right up Ralph's ally. I'll believe that rumor, and not Holmgren, Gruden, or any other coach worth a ****! I hate you Ralph
                If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Raptor
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  He'll bring in a 3-4 Defense. His biggest issue was that Alex Smith was a bust, otherwise Nolan would still be coaching in SF.

You might have a point if Mike Singletary wasnt doing much better with basically the same team

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Nolan?????????? Keep Jauron.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

wait for the homers to throw the "but belichick was better on his second time around" line. Let's just have a jamestown koolaid at the next home game.

if we get a retread like nolan or any "up and comer" i'm going to go mad. like bonafide daffy duck mad.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

He will where some cool suits though. That is a plus!

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

lol corey
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            He will where some cool suits though. That is a plus!

Another emotionless head coach that super duper smart.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Carucci just threw Nolans name out there on his own.

It means nothing.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X